Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@theamazingspidey said:

Good luck man. I'd be interested in seeing that.

Another question: who do you blame for BvS being so bad? Terrio? WB? Or do you stand with the majority of the human race in being hateful of Snyder?

It's gonna be pretty huge, so I think I'll break it up into three seasons (one blog each season).

I was just having this discussion with someone last night. I believe the main problem is Nolan leaving and Goyer getting kicked off the project. Creatively, these two had the most input when it came to MoS (Snyder did change the ending). With those two gone it created a power vacum and I think it mainly had to do with WB, Snyder and Terrio not having a clear vision and having conflicts in which WB (who at this point needs to stop meddling) won a ton of their debates. But it's really hard to say. I guess considering the details when it came to SS, one could say that it's mainly WB. Here's how I break down the blame

Snyder- Maybe he's not entirely to blame, but his attitude towards the audience and acting like he's too smart for the room and that people won't get his movies is truly infuriating.

Terrio- He wrote Lex and Eisenberg said it all came from him.

WB- Failed to be a stand in for Nolan.

I also have been dwelling on this conundrum too. I see eye to eye with you on a lot of your points.

I especially agree with you in regards to WB failing to be a stand in for Nolan. I know WB gets a lot of blame for "rushing the universe", but honestly, I think WB's biggest problem is granting too much power to one man and not being able to say no to said mad man's idea. People like to blame WB for rushing the Justice League, or "compromising Snyder's vision for Man of Steel" but a lot of people forget it what actually Snyder's idea to bring Batman into the picture. He's discussed on several occasions that once MoS was done, they were brainstorming ideas for a MoS sequel and he was like "what if Batman can be in it, and we can have him watching Superman from the shadows? Well, if you're gonna have him in it, then you gotta have them fight each other" and the concept evolved from there. Snyder is also responsible for including Doomsday in the movie, and killing off Superman so that "Batman could be the one to form the Justice League." People underestimate Snyder's influence in the DCEU.

Do you watch any TV shows as of now?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I also have been dwelling on this conundrum too. I see eye to eye with you on a lot of your points.

I especially agree with you in regards to WB failing to be a stand in for Nolan. I know WB gets a lot of blame for "rushing the universe", but honestly, I think WB's biggest problem is granting too much power to one man and not being able to say no to said mad man's idea. People like to blame WB for rushing the Justice League, or "compromising Snyder's vision for Man of Steel" but a lot of people forget it what actually Snyder's idea to bring Batman into the picture. He's discussed on several occasions that once MoS was done, they were brainstorming ideas for a MoS sequel and he was like "what if Batman can be in it, and we can have him watching Superman from the shadows? Well, if you're gonna have him in it, then you gotta have them fight each other" and the concept evolved from there. Snyder is also responsible for including Doomsday in the movie, and killing off Superman so that "Batman could be the one to form the Justice League." People underestimate Snyder's influence in the DCEU.

Do you watch any TV shows as of now?

Like I said, it's hard to fully place the blame on one person. . I do agree that Batman basically being the main focus and now going to also be the main focus in JL is probably all Snyder's doing. But the studio isn't gonna bitch.... cus Batman

Hmmm? You mean in general? I'm trying to cut back my TV consumption, but shows that are currently airing I watch Westworld, Legion (halfway through the first episode), and Always Sunny. That's about it. I've made all DCTV shows exclusively Netflix Binge watches, So I'm gonna wait for the seasons to be on there before I watch them. I did currently watch American Crime Story: OJ. It's no Netflix..... freakin brilliant.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: What's your favourite kind of movie? ei. mine are stylish, highly entertaining action/crime movies. I'm interested in hearing yours.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 109

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: What's your favourite kind of movie? ei. mine are stylish, highly entertaining action/crime movies. I'm interested in hearing yours.

I don't think I have a genre of flicks that I love more than others. I guess I like things having to do with the mind or have rich themes woven into them. Like FIght Club. Real Life stories can also be really interesting, like The Big Short, I understood like two thirds of it, but it was a really good watch.

@saintwildcard: What were your favourite movies of 2016.

Top 5, in no order

-The Nice Guys

-Hackshaw Ridge

-Kubo

-Rouge One (I haven't finished Jungle Book, but that might take it's place)

-Sing Street

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: do you care at all about Star Wars?

Also, I noticed The Nice Guys was in your Top 5. Excellent choice =)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really seen much outside of 7 and RO (yes, that means I haven't seen the original Trilogy). It's not really a franchise that I grew up with, I mean, even Superman didn't come into my life hardcore till I was 19. None of my friends were ever like "Star Wars is my jams", so it never transferred onto me. I'm about as casual as it gets with SW, it's a thing, I respect it, but as a Sci Fi world it just doesn't do anything for me

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:
@theamazingspidey said:

I haven't really seen much outside of 7 and RO (yes, that means I haven't seen the original Trilogy). It's not really a franchise that I grew up with, I mean, even Superman didn't come into my life hardcore till I was 19. None of my friends were ever like "Star Wars is my jams", so it never transferred onto me. I'm about as casual as it gets with SW, it's a thing, I respect it, but as a Sci Fi world it just doesn't do anything for me

Oh, okay. Fair enough.

Is Emilia Clarke a good actress in your opinion?

Avatar image for deactivated-5985fc66e80f9
deactivated-5985fc66e80f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: You have an interesting username. Is there a story behind it, or just something you made up at random?