Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#851  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ultimate_knight said:
@k4tzm4n said:

@ultimate_knight: Without giving spoilers, I'll just say the clip shown at the panel wouldn't change my answer.

All in all, what do you think of the series? Do you think it will get a lot of right spots?

I think it's looking like it'll be a whole lot of brutal entertainment - and fan service - for Valiant readers.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#853 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@erik_soong: I'd have such a great time writing that. Ana would definitely be involved.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@erik_soong: I'd have such a great time writing that. Ana would definitely be involved.

I commission you to do this story! There will be payment.

Assuming you accept being paid with digital praise.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can the new Power Rangers reboot be good?

If you could write an episode for Nick's TMNT, what would it be about?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#856  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@erik_soong: It's tempting! I'd like to start writing for fun, so we'll see.

@bio_guyver said:

Can the new Power Rangers reboot be good?

If you could write an episode for Nick's TMNT, what would it be about?

Depends on your expectations, I guess. I'm not interested in it, and nothing in the trailer sold me on wanting to see it.

I'd step away from the Heroes in a Half Shell for one episode - focus purely on the Mutanimals or a day in the life of the villains or Casey Jones.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#858 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@edamame said:

Ever been to Seattle or Denver?

No, I haven't been to either. You?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#860 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@edamame said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@edamame said:

Ever been to Seattle or Denver?

No, I haven't been to either. You?

Not yet, but I would love to.

Also, did you see Fargo yet?

Yes, the movie and both seasons of the (excellent) show.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
@ultimate_knight said:
@k4tzm4n said:

@ultimate_knight: Without giving spoilers, I'll just say the clip shown at the panel wouldn't change my answer.

All in all, what do you think of the series? Do you think it will get a lot of right spots?

I think it's looking like it'll be a whole lot of brutal entertainment - and fan service - for Valiant readers.

So I assume you are more disappointed at the announcement than excited?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#863  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ultimate_knight: Why do you assume that? I enjoyed it a lot, I think it looks like it'll be brutal fun.

@edamame:

1) Yes, in the right hands an animated AoA movie would be cool. But Marvel's animated projects haven't really been on my radar for awhile now, unfortuntely.

2) They're totally different kinds of stories. I think TLH probably has a better overall narrative, but I like Knightfall more.

3) Depends on who's involved, but when it comes to Marvel Studios, I'm mostly optimistic.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@k4tzm4n: What is your opinion of on how Marvel has been treating their characters lately?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#865 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@brucerogers: It's a case by case basis. I don't mind changes as long as it's a great story. For example, some people absolutely hate X-23's new path but I think it's really enjoyable.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@brucerogers: It's a case by case basis. I don't mind changes as long as it's a great story. For example, some people absolutely hate X-23's new path but I think it's really enjoyable.

No Caption Provided

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What storylines are you following currently?

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

@k4tzm4n: I just thought your first impression of Ninjak's "British Accent" kind of ruined it. I have not seen the exclusive clip, so my judgement may be flawed. I thought that you think that the trailer did not seem to invoke story telling, but MINDLESS brutal action (which is bad as far as I can tell). It is easier to identify flaws sometimes because it contrasts with most of what is good.

And when you mentioned Valiant Fans, I thought you meant the hardcore ones who have been fans since the 90's and are probably a little biased.

Sorry for assuming.

.......Did you catch the news about the Harbinger movie script being completed and being described as "fantastic" by Mr. Shamdasani?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#869  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@nefarious said:

What storylines are you following currently?

A lot, but the ones that I'm currently enjoying the most are Rumble, I Hate Fairyland, Teen Titans, Old Man Logan, All New Wolverine,

@ultimate_knight said:

@k4tzm4n: I just thought your first impression of Ninjak's "British Accent" kind of ruined it. I have not seen the exclusive clip, so my judgement may be flawed. I thought that you think that the trailer did not seem to invoke story telling, but MINDLESS brutal action (which is bad as far as I can tell). It is easier to identify flaws sometimes because it contrasts with most of what is good.

And when you mentioned Valiant Fans, I thought you meant the hardcore ones who have been fans since the 90's and are probably a little biased.

Sorry for assuming.

.......Did you catch the news about the Harbinger movie script being completed and being described as "fantastic" by Mr. Shamdasani?

I think it's okay to say, so I will: the clip shown at NYCC did not involve Ninjak, which is why it would not change my answer on whether Ninjak has a British accent. I mean, I'd prefer if he had an accident, but it isn't going to ruin the show for me if he doesn't. Speaking of which, it's a webseries by Bat in the Sun, a group who focuses on fights. Seeing as episodes aren't going to be long I never had any expectations of a compelling story - I've expected an emphasis on brutal action involving the first live-action incarnations of these characters, and, so far, that seems to be the case. As long as that's done well - and it looks like it is - I'll have a good time with it.

And no, I didn't. I saw a headline claiming the movie is on track for 2018?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ask everyone this, but what is your favorite food?

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the toughest part about being a mod on Comic Vine? And how do you get qualified to be one?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#873 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Cool beans.

What about you?

@helloman said:

I ask everyone this, but what is your favorite food?

I don't think I've ever had one, but options that come to mind are things like chicken with broccoli, turkey sandwich, a good salad - boring, I know.

What's the toughest part about being a mod on Comic Vine? And how do you get qualified to be one?

Probably dealing with spam bots. I haven't been active as a mod in... well, a long time, though. Oh, also getting a silly amount of private messages.

If you want to be one, just remain active and be a good member of the community. Show you follow and know how to enforce the rules, have a good time without being disrespectful, etc. It basically boils down to being a good person and knowing what the basic rules are.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#874  Edited By nefarious

@k4tzm4n: Right now, I am following some of the DC:Rebirth and Marvel comics such as Batman, Detective Comics, The Flash, Superman (when it is interesting), and Amazing Spider-Man.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Which X-23 (who SOLOS) do you like better? The old version or the new one who is seemingly from some alternate universe?

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Stats equalized, Post Crisis WW vs Ninjax. Sword, shield, bracelets, and lasso for WW, standard gear for Ninjax.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#878 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Right now, I am following some of the DC:Rebirth and Marvel comics such as Batman, Detective Comics, The Flash, Superman (when it is interesting), and Amazing Spider-Man.

I forgot to include Superman on my list!

@k4tzm4n: Which X-23 (who SOLOS) do you like better? The old version or the new one who is seemingly from some alternate universe?

Ha. They're totally different stories. Classic X-23 has some heartbreaking material, whereas current is legitimately fun. Although, a new story arc is looking to change that...

As for stats equalized WW vs Ninjak... jeez, that's tough, especially since I don't remember Ninjak fighting someone on her level in just h2h. His equipment gives him a lot of options, though.

@edamame said:

Ever been to Chicago or Boston?

Chicago: Just the airport for a connecting flight.

Boston: Yes, multiple times.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Does Ninjax have any neck feats?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#880  Edited By nefarious

@k4tzm4n: What do you like about Superman so far? I'm also intrigued by the brand new The Clone Conspiracy, too. Also, I have another question. In a fight, who would win? Zeiss vs Wildcat?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#881 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Does Ninjax have any neck feats?

Why? To see if he can counter this?

No Caption Provided

@k4tzm4n: What do you like about Superman so far? I'm also intrigued by the brand new The Clone Conspiracy, too. Also, I have another question. In a fight, who would win? Zeiss vs Wildcat?

The father/son dynamic - it's something Tomasi & Gleason handle very well. I really enjoyed #7 and the two issues on dinosaur island. That's probably the kind of fight where Wildcat loses the first round and then takes the second, or Wildcat gets pummeled for awhile before realizing he needs to switch up his style.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: That and...

No Caption Provided

She really hates them.

Loading Video...

So unless Ninjax has neck feats, well then....

No Caption Provided

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Cool. I think the storyline is successful so far, too. As for the battle, that is an interesting assessment.

Do you think Constantine Drakon should have been a major villain in Arrow? We never saw him catch arrows or anything.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#884  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@nefarious: I just read Superman #10 early. Thankfully, I continue to really enjoy the series :)

Yes, Drakon and Komodo felt like missed opportunities. Oh, and Brick too.

@erik_soong: *Henry Cavill smiles at your post*

There's also the time she injured Superman's neck via tiara.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Who is your favourite Wolverine villain?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4nNice, I will be reading it soon myself. I think this shows that the writers don't know an opportunity when it is in front of them.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik_soong: Ohh yeah, I remember her from Wolvie's 90s runs. Good stuff.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#891 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@brucerogers said:

@k4tzm4n: Who is your favourite Wolverine villain?

I'm putting big bucks on Cylla.

Loading Video...

Wolverine has some great villains. I'd say my top two are probably Silver Samurai and Cyber, though

@k4tzm4n: Yes. Planned for 2018.

The John Wick co-director is rumored to be the front runner for Deadpool 2. If so, I imagine that hurts plans for Bloodshot since, IIRC, that was supposed to have the John Wick directors, right?

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
@ultimate_knight said:

@k4tzm4n: Yes. Planned for 2018.

The John Wick co-director is rumored to be the front runner for Deadpool 2. If so, I imagine that hurts plans for Bloodshot since, IIRC, that was supposed to have the John Wick directors, right?

Yes as far as I can tell. Bloodshot is delayed, but he will be introduced as a villain in the first Harbinger movie.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#893  Edited By Backstabber

@k4tzm4n: So what is life like as a Mod? Is it a lot of work? Are you respected? Whats the deal?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#894  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@backstabber said:

@k4tzm4n: So what is life like as a Mod? Is it a lot of work? Are you respected? Whats the deal?

It'll always be a case by case basis. It depends on which forums you keep an eye on, how frequently you're active, etc. You definitely have to have thick skin, though - there will always be upset people who lash out and attempt to make it personal. Can't let any of that ever get to you. I'd recommend talking to an active mod if you're sincerely interested. I wasn't a mod for very long before becoming staff. Now I'm not very active.

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
@backstabber said:

It'll always be a case by case basis. It depends on which forums you keep an eye on, how frequently you're active, etc. You definitely have to have thick skin, though - there will always be upset people who lash out and attempt to make it personal. Can't let any of that ever get to you. I'd recommend talking to an active mod if you're sincerely interested. I wasn't a mod for very long before becoming staff. Now I'm not very active.

Good answer, I was just curious, thats all.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#897 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@edamame said:

If they do make an Inhumans movie, who do you think the villain would be?

Unspoken or Maximus.

Ozymandysseus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Should Protocide make a comeback now that Captain America is Hydra (spoiler alert!)?

Who would win in the triangle-shield fight?