Anything You Wanna Talk About From Work?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Ever had something absurd, funny, scary, etc happen to you while at work? Tell me your story.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was 15 years old and had just gotten my first job at the local supermarket chain - of course they didn't realize that I wasn't 16 so I couldn't run a cash register, only collect carts and do bagging. On my first day I was outside collecting carts and some woman ran into the store, she seemed incredibly frantic and made her way to the deli section. There she tried to climb over the counter, screaming about how her boyfriend was trying to kill her and that she needed a knife to protect herself. The police were called and sure enough, they arrived the same time as her boyfriend. Turns out he was wanted for assault charges (or something of the like) and there had been a warrant out for his arrest, so I watched him get arrested right in the parking lot.

Then, more recently, on my first day at the local movie theatre, there was a shootout in the Wal-Mart parking lot (right next to us) due to a heroin deal gone bad. It was bonkers.

I don't seem to have much luck with first days,

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

This old man came to my office once and he insisted i report his sons to the police for putting him in a mental institution, He kept yelling i am not crazy and i almost believed him but then he unplugged my computers and told me to not waste electricity, Yeah.. kicked him out.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@cgoodness said:

@crash_: where is this?

Used to be an accountant, I am from europe, It was a small office.(I had a bunch of lawyers next to me, So at first i thought he was legit wanting to sue lol)

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was working at the local supermarket when I was 15, just going onto 16. After stock that was unaccounted for began disappearing I was accused of theft, naturally I was less than pleased and after an attempt to be civil yielded no results things got a bit heated and I burst a 6 pack of 7up on the ground in front of the manager. I then proceeded to frantically apologise and scramble for change to pay for the product, if your going to be threatening see it through. I quit there and then. As it turned out the person who allegedly reported me, another employee, was later charged for multiple accounts of shoplifting. Apparently this isn't all that uncommon.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Some temp worker came in drunk on his first day. Then passed out in his car on our first break, and then came back 5 hours later like nothing happen.

The next day he did the same thing, and was fired that day.

Anna_Karenina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a blood bath, in the literal sense of the expression, when I was processing some samples at lab where I work.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I worked at a restaurant as a server assistant my freshman year of college and one of the servers came in to work with the stomach flu or something. Our boss didn't take kindly to those of us that took sick days. Anyway, he ended up puking on some customers which resulted in almost everyone at the restaurant leaving at once. It was hilarious. Needless to say, the manager didn't learn his lesson and was still a hardass about taking days off work. Crap like that is why I'm never working at a restaurant again.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently working at a Jimmy Johns and the customers can sometimes just be plain Stupid...

I repeated an order back to this lady 3 TIMES and then when she Got it she said I forgot to add something to it...

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By depinhom

I love this thread.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GIliad_

Besides quitting in less than a blaze of glory I've worked as a bartender for 2 weeks when I was 15 before getting swiftly fired without recommendation when they found out my real age. If you want to know how they found out it involved me flirting with another 15 year old at the bar.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember one time I was trying to cleaning a dirty table next to this "ghetto" family so the next family can come and sit. So, the mom ends up yelling at me telling me to not clean the table that they're were NOT sitting at and the table that was right NEXT to them and basically telling me to lay off until they leave...