- 5 round fight

- Fight takes place in the UFC Octagon, unified rules

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would go with Silva. If Romero could take him down he would have a chance of beating Silva. But Silva's speed & reactions would be a danger when Romero shoots. and Anderson's footwork would make it difficult for him to close the distance.

On their feet I think Silva would outbox/out-strike him and that almost matrix like head movement would make it difficult for Romero to land any of his big shots. So in conclusion I would go for a (prime) Silva win.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silva was good bit painfully overrated he ruled of the middleweight division when it had the depth of the swallow end of a kitty pool.

He could win bit I wouldn't be remotely surprised if yoel completely manhandled him.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flumox56 said:

I would go with Silva. If Romero could take him down he would have a chance of beating Silva. But Silva's speed & reactions would be a danger when Romero shoots. and Anderson's footwork would make it difficult for him to close the distance.

On their feet I think Silva would outbox/out-strike him and that almost matrix like head movement would make it difficult for Romero to land any of his big shots. So in conclusion I would go for a (prime) Silva win.

Yoel has never fought anyone he couldn't outwrestle. He manhandled Chris Weidman.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cable_Extreme

I'd go with Yoel.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'd back Silva but I don't see him getting back up if he gets taken down

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WarBlade539

Yoel is a fighter that is explosive for the first round, does jack all in the 2nd, and then explodes with brutal insaneness in the 3rd. Anderson is a counter-fighter and we all know how to fight counter-fighters; feints, pressure, feints. If Yoel trains exclusively pressure-fighting and using strikes to set up clinch and takedowns, I can see him ragdolling Silva. If he charges in, I can see Silva dropping him.

I have said it before and I'll say it again; Yoel was 23 when he competed in Athens 2000. If he had come to MMA immediately after that, we would've been talking about him as the GOAT.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I meant if he could take Silva down & keep him down. Was not suggesting Silva would out-wrestle him.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers