Anderson Silva Re-match

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Will Anderson beat Weidman in the rematch ? Will he be like Gsp or more like Bj in their second fight

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they will have a rematch...

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they will have a rematch...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Silva said he will fulfill his 10 fight contract but does NOT want to fight for the title. His fire/passion is gone

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: how many more fights does he have and maybe he doesnt want the rematch for the title but for the validation instead like he did to yushin okami

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: he has 9 more fights i think. IMO he doesn't want validation. Nor does he need it. Most people say Silva could have won in the first round if he tried. Before he got knocked out he tanked one of dudes punches then dodged like 4 more before getting caught. it's clear who the better fighter was.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's got to defeat Weidman to clear his name of this loss.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I feel he should save the last fight for him. No title involved. Just a pure rematch.

What he needs to do? Dominate him. No mercy, just wreck him. Then retire. Leave Weidman on the ground, crying. Lift his arm, then walk out the best like he truly is.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

There will be a rematch, that AS talk is just a fuel to raise the pay per view, that´s all part of the game..

The most qualified fighter of all is Vitor Belfort, but Dana and the Fertita brothers won´t make that fight happen because that fight doesn´t sell as much as AS fights so yeah just wait for the rematch..

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Raw_Material

First, you gotta ask yourself if they're even gonna give him an immediate rematch, or is Vitor gonna be the next victim on Weidman's list. If they do get the rematch, which is highly likable, I think it'll be the same outcome TBH. I even predicted that Weidman was gonna knock Silva out in the 2nd round. I had a feeling! Damn did I make some good money on this fight card!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: i didnt see it so i didnt know but the ufc dropped the ball on him and gsp

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No rematch or rematch? Will get an immediate rematch or is he going to aim for a super fight with GSP and let Vitor go at it for the belt?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lady_liberty
Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Raw_Material

@lady_liberty: Really? Did he say that in a post-conference interview?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Wow, that sucks for him. 'Cause I remember him looking forward to those fights, both Silva and Dana, leading up to the event. Anyway I'm happy Weidman won, went 3-0 with bets tonight!

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Yeah GSP lost a heck of a lot of money tonight. Win or lose that would have been a good payday for him.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Raw_Material

@lady_liberty: Lol, fully true. He's probably thinking about that now. Johnny Hendricks vs GSP is the fight that's going to happen though. I think if GSP wins then Anderson might drop weight to get the super fight he wanted, and it would be for the belt. If he could even make the weight to begin with. That would be a seller for sure.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's more into Roy Jones Jr than Weidman/GSP/Jones

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Anderson vs GSP is the fight everyone wants, because we wanna know who's better and they want the money :-P

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty said:

@raw_material: Anderson vs GSP is the fight everyone wants, because we wanna know who's better and they want the money :-P

Pretty much.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: But we'll have to sit through Anderson vs Chris 2 first.

The thing is.. if Anderson wins, THEN we'll get the superfight. Nothing will change except we'll have to wait a little longer and Anderson (already no spring chicken) will get a little older.

If Anderson loses? We'll never know if Anderson or GSP is better. There's 0% chance Chris is a better fighter, so another Anderson loss would tell us nothing but what we already know; Anderson is old.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Raw_Material

@lady_liberty: Anderson is old. And he's only gonna get older, so I hope the fights he wants happens soon. I think Dana White and Joe Silva are gonna give it to him though. He's been with the sport, UFC for that matter, for a while and has been able to defend his title for as long as guys have fought in their entire MMA career. I'm just glad Chris Weidman is the fresh new face to take the belt from Anderson. Now we just have to see if a Chris Weidman vs Uriah Hall fight will ever happen!

USA!

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lady_liberty

@raw_material: Truth be told I don't see Chris surviving a single title defense. Its probably going to be Anderson, and if not then it should be Vitor. I don't think Chris could win either of those fights lol

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Raw_Material

@lady_liberty: Who knows! Both Vitor and Anderson are getting old, but like some are saying, Vitor is still in his prime (probably due to his TRT usage).

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Hehe truth. Plus Vitor doesn't rely on speed as much as Anderson, so aging won't affect him as much.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Who knows! Both Vitor and Anderson are getting old, but like some are saying, Vitor is still in his prime (probably due to his TRT usage).

Also weight class is no problem for vitor, he has fought heavyweights in pre-Nevada state rules UFC and beat the crap out of Overeem

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's probably going to be a rematch. And I'm all for Silva.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna have to say Weidman again. But maybe in a later round will he get the victory. Anderson's definitely not gonna be keeping his hands down anymore, that's for sure!

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liberty's got my thoughts pretty much summed.

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Weidman already beat Uriah Hall in Ring of Combat (2010, I wanna say). But Hall is one of the ones I feel could make a big impact in the division, and I feel with a bit more experience, and for him to shake the nerves of UFC off, he'll go far.

But I don't think Weidman's gonna hold it that long.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Raw_Material

@_strigidae_: That's why Joe Silva should make this match-up happen in the future! Weidman vs Hall rematch for the belt! He just has to get passed Josh Sammon first, considering he lost his UFC debut. Now he's gonna have to work his way from the bottom instead of like what the rest of the guys were saying (Anderson Silva vs Uriah Hall). Remember when they were making such rumors on TUF: Jones vs Sonnen. Pretty big shoes to fill I would say. Give the man a break. He hasn't even made a name for himself in the UFC yet for crying out loud! He'll get his chance for the belt. And I hope it's against Weidman. So he could beat him the 2nd time, and in the big leagues.

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fukuro_Zoku

@raw_material: I'm definitely not putting him down! Far cry from that! He's got skill! And anyone who doubted that before (though I don't know why you would) should see the fights leading up to the TUF finale. I'll never forget that kick that put whatshisname out. And he's got knockout power from all angles, and the type of flare in his moves people love to see. I think jitters and fighting his friend just got the best of him in the last event. On one hand, if he went up against Silva, I'd be sorry to root against him, but I'd rather Silva get the title back anyway, and assuming Hall made it up in a timely manner, then he can fight Silva. But Silva's already 38, and with only 2-3 fights a year for a lot of fighters, it'd take time. They'll also be wanting to get superfights with money on names out of the way first.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HigorM  Moderator

@lady_liberty: GSP doesn´t want to fight AS, not even GSP fans want that fight, it´s more likely to happen AS vs JJ than against GSP.

About Silva being old, I didn´t saw this argument in the past after his outstanding victories, so for me that´s bull. I truly believe this is all about motivation, and of course money too..

I just don´t buy AS speech about "I´m tired of fights and bla bla bla" I just don´t buy it. Why would he end up his carreer with such a disappointing lost? Tarnish the career like that? Dana and the Fertita brothers won´t give it up about him so easily either..

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

There will be a rematch.

There's too much money to be made not to have one.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: GSP might, he might not. A lot of money can change some minds. But I agree that the Jon Jones fight is more likely.

He is old, so you can agree or not agree but the fact is Anderson Silva is old for a fighter. He has shown a remarkable resistance to age but no one, not even AS, is immune.

Fighters say all kinds of crap after losing. Maybe he means it, maybe he doesn't. Who knows.

Its also possible that what he MEANS is 'I'm tired of fighting for the belt all the time when what I really want is big money superfights.'

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kgb725

jon jones shouldnt fight anderson the difference in their physical traits are too great to overcome in my opinion he should fight gsp but that fight should have been years ago