Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@AtPhantom said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

2015 = 2 Billion people on Earth

They're gonna kill 5 billion people... With drones?

He already signed the NDAA Martial Law.

1+1=

The NDAA is signed every year. Without it the DoD would shut down completely.

No. The Drones are just a partial of it. War, being it international or civil is just part of the Reduction Plan. There are more things to over view. After all, they wouldn't want it to be too obvious.

And NDAA bills are indeed signed, but what about the NEW Martial Law Bill? Martial Law is just one of many bills from the NDAA.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@Mercy_: I won't argue with you there. I certainly hope I don't come off as being cavalier about it. I suppose it's a matter of whether any laws that would possibly be skirted would inhibit keeping people safe. If they do then they need to be changed, if they don't I would probably describe that as the government abusing this. Though I will say skirting certain laws can be both a morally good or a morally bad action depending on the law.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By AtPhantom

No. The Drones are just a partial of it. War, being it international or civil is just part of the Reduction Plan. There are more things to over view. After all, they wouldn't want it to be too obvious.

No, no they wouldn't. Those aliens work in very mysterious ways after all.

And NDAA bills are indeed signed, but what about the NEW Martial Law Bill? Martial Law is just one of many bills from the NDAA.

That NEW martial law bill has been in effect for over a year now. It may very well be overturned by the next ndaa law.

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Bushwhacker_

Well damn.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By King_Saturn
when I read the OP all I could think of was the Terminator theme song... Skynet will have drones blowing up people in vehicles going 55 mph in a 50 mph speed zone...  
=D
Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a gundam so I'm going to be just fine

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@spinningbirdcake said:

When I went to London once and the person showing me around said that there were video cameras everywhere monitoring the citizens. I asked them if that bothered them and they said no because they weren't doing anything illegal and if it could keep them safer than they supported it. That's how I feel about this, as long as it isn't abused, and that is often the issue with these types of things. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now because, logically speaking, if I didn't trust my government I wouldn't live here.

Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Violens

:)

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ARMIV2

Y'know, I remember some while ago that the mayor of Lancaster (Palmdale's "sister" city, but really they're so freakin' close they're practically one thing) wanted to use some kind of drones in surveillance of the city to keep an eye on crime. Apparently they wouldn't have been armed with anything other than a video camera. I remember people getting really upset over that idea.

If this here is true, then I think a lot of people will be taking back things said against R. Rex Parris.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60  Edited By SavageDragon

@joshmightbe said:

@cyberchop979: But they don't actually require proof that these are senior members, suspicion is the only requirement meaning its basically whoever the government decides to bomb so long as someone thinks they could be a terrorist.

This is nothing new dude. Under the guise of "War on Terror" we have been killing and using "Renditions" against terrorists for the past 20 years. With drone strikes coming to the forefront the past 10 years. All that this article is saying is now we dont have to keep it secretive. Scary stuff, thats why I voted Gary Johnson.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By PowerHerc

Obama, like Bush, is just another puppet who does whatever the banksters & war-mongers want.

What's hilarious is that his supporters hate Bush a lot but a cannot see that Obama has continued rendition, warrantless wiretaps and Gitmo while interceding in Libya and upping the ante on the end of Americans' due process rights with this latest drone attacks on American citizens business. Obama has picked up the baton from Bush and carried it even further.

Want to know another good one? - Remember that Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize almost immediately ofter he was first elected POTUS and has since done everything to prove he's quite undeserving of it.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STORM THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!

REVOLUTION!!!!

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By turoksonofstone

@FalconPuuunch said:

We made our bed.

yup.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Floopay

Most of me feels like this is giving permission to something that's already being done without permission...which I'm strangely okay with. :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Matchstick

Who cares.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Matchstick

@Floopay said:

Most of me feels like this is giving permission to something that's already being done without permission...which I'm strangely okay with. :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Lol that's pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, all our problems and this is the one that officially screws us...

Give me a break.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ebbm

@PowerHerc said:

Obama, like Bush, is just another puppet who does whatever the banksters & war-mongers want.

What's hilarious is that his supporters hate Bush a lot but a cannot see that Obama has continued rendition, warrantless wiretaps and Gitmo while interceding in Libya and upping the ante on the end of Americans' due process rights with this latest drone attacks on American citizens business. Obama has picked up the baton from Bush and carried it even further.

Want to know another good one? - Remember that Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize almost immediately ofter he was first elected POTUS and has since done everything to prove he's quite undeserving of it.

I think that the biggest problem is that Republicans and Democrats keep bitching at each other when the real problem is the system. At this point there is no viable way of voting for a candidate that isn't going to continue bullshit like this. Regardless of our politics, we need to come together to tear this corrupt system down.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PowerHerc

@Ebbm said:

@PowerHerc said:

I think that the biggest problem is that Republicans and Democrats keep bitching at each other when the real problem is the system. At this point there is no viable way of voting for a candidate that isn't going to continue bullshit like this. Regardless of our politics, we need to come together to tear this corrupt system down.

I Agree 100%.

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SpideyPresence

@FalconPuuunch said:

We made our bed.

/Thread

Mr_Stagger_Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mr_Stagger_Lee

Haven't skimmed through the thread but:

From the actual document:

This white paper sets forth a legal framework for considering the circumstances in which the U.S. government could use lethal force in a foreign country outside the area of active hostilities against a U.S. citizen who is a senior operational leader of al-Qaida or an associated force of al-Qaida

In conclusion, it would be lawful for the United States to conduct a lethal operation outside the United States against a U.S. citizen who is a senior, operational leader of al-Qaida or an associated force of al-Qaida without violating the constitution or the federal statutes discussed in this white paper under the following conditions: 1) an informed, high-level official has determined that the targeted individual poses an imminent threat of violent attack against the United States; 2) capture is infeasible, and the United States continues to monitor whether capture becomes feasible; and 3) the operation is conducted in a manner consistent with the four fundamentals of the laws of war governing the use of force.

All in all, very reasonable. Not quite the ridiculous thing that everybody seems to be making this out to be.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By Floopay

@Ebbm said:

@PowerHerc said:

I think me and most the people I know are living pretty well and enjoying their quality of life. So for me the biggest problem is people bitching about a system that is working. I mean yeah, there are problems, but the problems people have with 3% of the things done wrong by the government are blown way out of proportion until everyone seems to forget the other 95% of things that are being done right, and the 2% of things that don't really matter one way or the other to be completely honest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PowerHerc

@Floopay said:

@Ebbm said:

@PowerHerc said:

I think me and most the people I know are living pretty well and enjoying their quality of life. So for me the biggest problem is people bitching about a system that is working. I mean yeah, there are problems, but the problems people have with 3% of the things done wrong by the government are blown way out of proportion until everyone seems to forget the other 95% of things that are being done right, and the 2% of things that don't really matter one way or the other to be completely honest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

You're welcome.

So what you're saying is; "As long as it doesn't directly affect me and I don't actually feel any of the effects of what our government is doing, then anything they do is fine by me." Living pretty well is relative.

Considering the position the U.S. had at the top of every category that mattered (Education, Industrial capacity, Military strength and actual wealth; gold reserves) at the end of World War II yet chose to steadily squander for short-term profits and considering the constant erosion of the earning and buying power of the middle class in this country starting in 1970 and continuing right til this day. I'd say much of that "pretty well" and "enjoying their quality of life" is largely an illusion. The buying power of the dollar has steadily and continues to sink while real wages and benefits are dropping across the board for the middle and lower classes. The cost of housing and education have sky-rocketed and continue to do so, causing those who do seek to own a home or get a college degree to incur massive, often crushing, debt in pursuit of the American Dream. Being relatively comfortable now, in the near term, doesn't mean things must be going pretty well for our system. The Standard of living we have, as high as it is, could've been and should've been much higher for everyone of us. Not just the elites.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By kuonphobos

I don't understand why some folks are still calling for criminal actions to be taken against G W Bush, Dick Cheney and D. Rumsfeld over the water boarding of terrorist suspects whilst the current administration can simply annhilate terrorist suspects (including American citizens and their child relatives) from the air with no due process.

Am I wrong to see this as a double standard?

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos: It's politics, there's always a double standard.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CainPanell

This is terrible. This country's going to fall the hell apart soon, and I'm getting out when it does

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Jezer

@joshmightbe said:

@cyberchop979: It was on the Daily Show

Lawl

@cyberchop979 said:

@joshmightbe said:

Obama's administration has with congressional approval legalized drone strikes on American Citizens in America without due process and minimal over site. Congratulations America you registered voters got fooled for the billionth time

@joshmightbe said:

@Xanni15: http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/02/07/obama-releases-secret-memo-to-senate-on-drone-program/

Where in that article that you provided does it state that this has " legalized drone strikes on American Citizens in America" ?

From the article it sounds like they are targeting Americans that are overseas and in a senior position in a terrorist organization. Granted, I am only coming to this conclusion from the information you provided thus far.

You win the thread.

When I first opened this thread, my initial thoughts were "why is everyone believing this guy when he didn't even post a source in the OP? Why is comicvine so guillible?"

OP, I like how you don't quote the source of where you got this idea from. This is one of those rare cases where you actually look better by admitting these foolishitiees(made up word) weren't your based on your own analysis.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By InnerVenom123

I wish I could call drone strikes on people.

Man, that'd be awesome...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#80  Edited By joshmightbe

@Jezer: I was watching the show on DVR and got pissed so I posted before I had all the facts but even if it isn't on American soil its still a crappy thing to do

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#81  Edited By TheCannon

America was screwed the moment Obama took office.