• 70 results
superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hey bros...

I was surfing the Tube, and I found this video. It was made by List25, a channel dedicated to giving knowledgeable lists to it's viewers as food for thought. I watched one of his most recent list, '25 Of The Most Failed States In The World'. I found myself wondering at the end, why were majority of the list African countries?...and after that, I wondered, why is it that Africa is so bad-off?

It seems like every other continent has sped far ahead of Africa in the race, and contributes to some further development of the world. Where as, it seems like Africa only contributes to the poverty of the world (I hope that doesn't sound as harsh as it is sounding in my head.On the bright side, they do contribute to the natural of the world).

I apologize for any ignorance I have on the matter. As well, I know many that many of the countries in Africa are in poverty for different reasons. And, there are many places in other continents and countries that are really poor and in bad states. I also know that not all of Africa is extremely poor. You know, the Americas have the U.S. and Canada (?), Asia has China, Japan, India (?), South Korea, Europe has numerous, Australia is Australia. But, what do Africa have?

So, I guess I have a couple of questions on the topic. However, I don't want to bombard you bros with questions. So, what is your general thought on the situation with Africa?

d^?^b

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think they prefer food for stomach over there

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they prefer food for stomach over there

Go puck yourself :)

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

Hey there...how did you beat me to 10000+ post?...

I have this for you...

Loading Video...

d^_^b

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soo much Zuma hate out there, poor guy

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Cultural and religious differences (hate) that end up inhibiting progress.

Moreover, throughout history Africa has rarely seen a Golden Age like most of the rest of the world where advancement usually takes place in, be it technology, cultural or what have you. Africa has always been war-torn, be it amongst themselves or European countries fighting on it for colonial territory.

Its basically gotten the shaft.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chibi_cute

Africa have so many problems its not even funny..

One of the reason of their misery and poverty is because their governments are corrupt as f*ck

And their natural resources are exploited but not for the benefits for their own citizens.

I've seen kids here in america throw away good food like they were garbage and yet kids in africa die of starvation.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Bruxae

Harsher climates, but most of all they are simply culturally different. Not everyone developes the same way and they might simply be behind us for various reasons, Africa is a bit more isolated then europe/asia as a continent and North America is colonies from europe.

This would be my guess, and is by no means a fact.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Africans will eventually prevail.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably humans.

The animals that are native to the continent probably like it there.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Africans will eventually prevail.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

Guns, germs & Steel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guns, germs & Steel.

Whoa, Forgot all about that documentary.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, most of them gained Independence too early

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@farkam said:

@rogueshadow said:

Guns, germs & Steel.

It's a book... Lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@rogueshadow said:

Guns, germs & Steel.

It's a book... Lol.

They made a documentary of it on PBS a long while ago.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

@farkam said:

@rogueshadow said:

@farkam said:

@rogueshadow said:

Guns, germs & Steel.

It's a book... Lol.

They made a documentary of it on PBS a long while ago.

I haven't seen that, I'll have to watch it.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey bros...

I was surfing the Tube, and I found this video. It was made by List25, a channel dedicated to giving knowledgeable lists to it's viewers as food for thought. I watched one of his most recent list, '25 Of The Most Failed States In The World'. I found myself wondering at the end, why were majority of the list African countries?...and after that, I wondered, why is it that Africa is so bad-off?

It seems like every other continent has sped far ahead of Africa in the race, and contributes to some further development of the world. Where as, it seems like Africa only contributes to the poverty of the world (I hope that doesn't sound as harsh as it is sounding in my head.On the bright side, they do contribute to the natural of the world).

I apologize for any ignorance I have on the matter. As well, I know many that many of the countries in Africa are in poverty for different reasons. And, there are many places in other continents and countries that are really poor and in bad states. I also know that not all of Africa is extremely poor. You know, the Americas have the U.S. and Canada (?), Asia has China, Japan, India (?), South Korea, Europe has numerous, Australia is Australia. But, what do Africa have?

So, I guess I have a couple of questions on the topic. However, I don't want to bombard you bros with questions. So, what is your general thought on the situation with Africa?

d^?^b

I'm no political scientist, but from what I gather, it's devolves to a combination of despotic leaders who are more interested in their own wealth and an absolute disregard for their countries denizens in some instances. Others are stirred by inter-tribal hatred, like the Hutu's and Tutsi's. Those literally took machetes and hacked each other to death. Can't be any solidarity when there is unresolved social issues within the country.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And there goes the westerners exploiting africa's natural resources for their own gain.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JeanRalphio

Government, drought, tribal ways of life, climate and more drought. IIRC there's only 28% of arable land on the whole African continent.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

Cultural and religious differences (hate) that end up inhibiting progress.

Moreover, throughout history Africa has rarely seen a Golden Age like most of the rest of the world where advancement usually takes place in, be it technology, cultural or what have you. Africa has always been war-torn, be it amongst themselves or European countries fighting on it for colonial territory.

Its basically gotten the shaft.

That make since...I think Egypt is one of the few African countries to benefit with the world. And, Ethiopia is the farthest anyone went into Africa (Outside of the European colonization). I wonder why Africa could have gotten shafted...

Also, weren't other continents as war-torn?

@superstay said:

Hey bros...

d^?^b

I'm no political scientist, but from what I gather, it's devolves to a combination of despotic leaders who are more interested in their own wealth and an absolute disregard for their countries denizens in some instances. Others are stirred by inter-tribal hatred, like the Hutu's and Tutsi's. Those literally took machetes and hacked each other to death. Can't be any solidarity when there is unresolved social issues within the country.

Do you think they'll ever resolve their problems with one another, in order to better their nations?

@bruxae said:

Harsher climates, but most of all they are simply culturally different. Not everyone developes the same way and they might simply be behind us for various reasons, Africa is a bit more isolated then europe/asia as a continent and North America is colonies from europe.

This would be my guess, and is by no means a fact.

I watched a few documentaries that have said that, through the Ancient World, Africa's poor agricultural halted their national growth. One Documentary stated that the domestication of animals was one of the best things Early man could have done. However, Africa does have animals that could be easily domesticated. As well, drought and harsh climates slowed down the benefit of steady agriculture. Because of these reasons, Africa had a harder time building empires like Greece, Egypt (I know it's in Africa), Persia, the Aztecs, Rome, Japan, China, the Mongols, Mesopotamia ect...

d^_^b

Also, do any of you think the Mid-East is as bad as Africa?

d?)(?b

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bruxae

@superstay: The middle east in many cases actually used to be a really beautiful place to be until talibans took over, thinking off Afghanistan in particular, in this particular example religion is what screwed everything over.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By superstay

@bruxae:

Yeah, I always thought religion was the problem with the Mid-East...is India in any of the shuffle of Middle East's problems? I don't know why, I thought they never really bothered in the rest of the Mid-East...?

d^_^b

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captnmcdeadpool said:

Do you think they'll ever resolve their problems with one another, in order to better their nations?

I wish I had a solution. But my blue collar opinion leads me to believe that it would take the combined efforts of African countries combined with strong leadership, and a decided movement toward solidarity and trying to improve from within. Part of the problem to me, appears to be a persistent lack of value where self worth is concerned. Much of Africa's history is steeped in slavery. I'm not just referring to the slave trade that was strong in the early British empire and found its way into the early American colonies. I'm talking slavery that goes back to ancient China, Japan and Persia. I think that if you tell a kid enough times that they are stupid, or worthless, or otherwise lacking in intrinsic value, they will eventually come to believe this about themselves. The rest of the world, to a degree, for 1000s of years now, has been telling people of Africa that they aren't much better than slaves. Sadly, it seems that many African nationals have come to believe this to be true about themselves. Ironically, the inter tribal feuding that has gone on for years seems mirrored in African American culture as well (Crips and Bloods...).

Shy of an act of God, I don't know what the viable solution is.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay said:

@captnmcdeadpool said:

I wish I had a solution. But my blue collar opinion leads me to believe that it would take the combined efforts of African countries combined with strong leadership, and a decided movement toward solidarity and trying to improve from within. Part of the problem to me, appears to be a persistent lack of value where self worth is concerned. Much of Africa's history is steeped in slavery. I'm not just referring to the slave trade that was strong in the early British empire and found its way into the early American colonies. I'm talking slavery that goes back to ancient China, Japan and Persia. I think that if you tell a kid enough times that they are stupid, or worthless, or otherwise lacking in intrinsic value, they will eventually come to believe this about themselves. The rest of the world, to a degree, for 1000s of years now, has been telling people of Africa that they aren't much better than slaves. Sadly, it seems that many African nationals have come to believe this to be true about themselves. Ironically, the inter tribal feuding that has gone on for years seems mirrored in African American culture as well (Crips and Bloods...).

Shy of an act of God, I don't know what the viable solution is.

That's a load of crap.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ssejllenrad

Blame Scar. Ever since he killed Mufasa, Africa has been in constant drought and the hyeenas have been running the governments.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could say something, but I'd probably offend people.....

What do I care? I'm black anyway.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Raiiyn

Blame Scar. Ever since he killed Mufasa, Africa has been in constant drought and the hyeenas have been running the governments.

LOOOOL

You know on a serious note though, the problem is that too many people try to fix the problem before identifying the actual problem. Look at NGOs and all their work. It's really just the Western Superiority Complex at it's finest. They go in, build a school, pat themselves on the back and leave. But what happens after? How does the school stay operational? Where do the educated then go? I think that's one of the biggest issues here. The countries in Africa need infrastructure reforms but they're not going to get that from the west continually trying to "fix" what they "broke" in order to alleviate some sort of hereditary guilt complex without actually understanding what exactly is "broken".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could say something, but I'd probably offend people.....

What do I care? I'm black anyway.

Everybody is Black when they have something to say that may offend Black people. It's just how the internet works.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Idk but it saddens me.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This is one of the hardest things to watch I've ever seen. I'm left scratching my head and wondering why Africa is so terrible.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebola.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebola, War, Starvation,health and resources are the problem. watch beasts of no nation its a really good movie ?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N.A.S.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By magnablue

White people

SteelofValyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In addition to all of the political issues in African nations, there are also issues from other parts of the world. Western countries pay very little for tea produced in west Africa. And, when the countries there protest the ridiculously low amounts of money paid to them, western countries threaten to pull aid from the countries. Additionally, the World Bank really doesn't like Africa.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gee I don't know...it's almost like a bunch of White people went over and enslaved them all and then stole everything that was valuable on the continent.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in South Africa and trust me when I say the amount of platinum and gold we have here is a really big asset. We've got tons of money and minerals but our government is too corrupt to care.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I want to think that the Africans have been mistreated for so long that they are having a hard time pulling out of it.

Keep in mind that there are major cities and all the regular stuff in Africa, as well as the bad stuff.

Another part of me thinks that the Western way of living just doesn't suit the Africans. It is pretty hard on a lot of people in places like America, too, but it seems to have an acutely adverse affect across Africa.

Westerners are the mythological vampires. Living on the blood of fellow humans. It's a pyramid scheme that is not sustainable in the long term. As we are seeing.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colonization. They became reliant upon the nations that colonized them and when they left everything slowly went to sh!t.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

I want to think that the Africans have been mistreated for so long that they are having a hard time pulling out of it.

Keep in mind that there are major cities and all the regular stuff in Africa, as well as the bad stuff.

Another part of me thinks that the Western way of living just doesn't suit the Africans. It is pretty hard on a lot of people in places like America, too, but it seems to have an acutely adverse affect across Africa.

Westerners are the mythological vampires. Living on the blood of fellow humans. It's a pyramid scheme that is not sustainable in the long term. As we are seeing.

I can't help but wonder why Africa was so behind the rest of the world, though. Aside from Egypt was there any advanced civilization that existed in Africa that would have been on par with the Chinese, Greeks or Romans? If there was, then I have never heard of them. And considering Africa is one of the planets most rich lands in terms of natural resources, this really bugs me.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SOG7dc
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Good question, and many interesting insights in this thread.

In reality, I have no clue, but it's probably very complex and whatnot.

PatriotBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not America...that is why.