6. Rubio vs Sanders

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BatWatch

There are actually head to head polls tracking this sort of thing though they are not particularly accurate this far in advance. Regardless, I was looking at them earlier today, and I'll share what I recall.

Trump loses to Clinton solidly.

Trump loses to Sanders in a landslide.

Cruz beats Clinton by a hair.

Cruz loses solidly to Sanders.

Rubio wins greatly over Hillary.

Rubio wins by a small margin over Sanders.

As for my personal opinion, Trump would lose to both Democrats. Trump's favorability ratings are in the toilet, and they will get worse if he wins the primary because the mainstream media have a lot of stories they are holding back. I think Cruz and Rubio would win against both. Cruz also has low favorability ratings, but so does Hillary, and unlike Hillary, few people outside political junkies have a real impression of him, so he's got a fresh audience. Cruz will lose if establishment conservative media sabotages him though. Rubio has charisma. I think he'd ice the D's.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TimeLordScience

@batwatch: did you see him choke in the last debate? Christie, while he's not in the race anymore, tore him to shreds.

Edit: him being Rubio

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By dshipp17

Earlier on, I had predicted Bush vs Clinton, in a close race, thinking back to the 2000 elections, but, based on the prior 2 elections, I don't think a race will be that close, with a clear slant in favor of democrats. We could have a close call in Florida, Ohio, Nevada, and New Mexico, but, involving either Trump vs Clinton or Trump vs Sanders; Trump is just so decisively ahead in all the upcoming states that anyone beating Trump would be a surprise. If Michael Bloomberg gets involved, we might see the reverse of the 1992 election.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: did you see him choke in the last debate? Christie, while he's not in the race anymore, tore him to shreds.

Yeah, he foolishly kept hammering the same talking point, but everybody has bad moments. People seem to be saying he has the yips over one bad night. I think it's a little early to call him finished.

Personally, I hope Rubio is finished because I like Cruz and hate Trump and think Cruz will likely win if it becomes a two man race between the two. If Rubio still looks viable, the conservative vote could split, and we could end up with Trump.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like EITHER of the Democratic candidates, but I'd bet hard money the next President will be a Democrat...most likely Sanders.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By dngn4774
  1. Trump beats Clinton
  2. Sanders beats Trump
  3. Clinton beats Cruz
  4. Sanders beats Cruz
  5. Clinton beats Rubio
  6. Rubio beats Sanders

Of those Cruz v. Clinton and Trump v. Sanders would probably be the closest races.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion? Dems every time.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I don't like EITHER of the Democratic candidates, but I'd bet hard money the next President will be a Democrat...most likely Sanders.

I envision it to be a lot like the Obama years with more concessions by conservatives, because even when you meet Bernie halfway on a deal you're still moving further left than we've seen in the last 24 years.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SuperDrummer

Depends on how all this super-delegate nonsense turns out. Without them I agree completely.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@batwatch said:
@timelordscience said:

Yeah, he foolishly kept hammering the same talking point, but everybody has bad moments. People seem to be saying he has the yips over one bad night. I think it's a little early to call him finished.

Personally, I hope Rubio is finished because I like Cruz and hate Trump and think Cruz will likely win if it becomes a two man race between the two. If Rubio still looks viable, the conservative vote could split, and we could end up with Trump.

This is also what I want. Cruz and Rubio are two viable options, but sadly we can't have both, as long as Trump is in the mix.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Both Democratic candidates are just horrible. But sadly, I have a feeling one of them will win. I'd rather have Bloomberg.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:
@timelordscience said:

This is also what I want. Cruz and Rubio are two viable options, but sadly we can't have both, as long as Trump is in the mix.

If the field continues to be split between Trump, Cruz and Rubio with Cruz having more than Rubio and Rubio having no real chance, we will finally get an answer to whether Rubio is more establishment or liberty minded. At that point, Rubio could drop and secure Cruz a likely win. On the other hand, all Rubio would have to do to put Trump in office is stay in the race and take votes from Cruz. I'll be interested in seeing how things develop.

Both Democratic candidates are just horrible. But sadly, I have a feeling one of them will win. I'd rather have Bloomberg.

Really? Bloomberg doesn't seem any better to me. What do you like about him?