2008 Memorial Day

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Spartan

As you all know, today is Memorial Day in the United States. In this thread, feel free to mention your respect for the men and women who valiantly serve their country. Think of the troops overseas. Think of the law enforcement in you area. All these brave people have laid their lives on the line to ensure freedom.

If you'd like to make a special mention to someone who you know who is currently serving overseas, make it here.

I'd like to start with my friend, Ed. We grew up together and he went off and joined the U.S. Army in the Airborne. He did a tour of Afghanistan, then two more in Baghdad, Iraq. He's been through many conflicts and has come through every time.

Avatar image for lillya_wildchild
Lillya WildChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lillya WildChild

I rember when i was a little girl, my daddy went into the desert storm war...I rember my mother crying every night, we didnt know where he was, if he was ok, nothing. Everything was kept so quite it scared me worse than my mothers crys. But he came home, Im thankful for that, more than most things, My grandfather Was in korea, All the men in my family has been in one war or another, with the miltary. So i grew up with a great sence of pride for the USA, The flag, The men that came home, and more inporantly, the men that didnt. I went to the wall, when i was abit older... tracing the names with my fingers, and i know That this day wouldnt be this day, without them names, We wouldnt be us, without their blood that was shed, And for them, I shed a tear, each Time i think of them, not just today.

Amaterasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Amaterasu

Lillya WildChild says:

"I rember when i was a little girl, my daddy went into the desert storm war...I rember my mother crying every night, we didnt know where he was, if he was ok, nothing. Everything was kept so quite it scared me worse than my mothers crys. But he came home, Im thankful for that, more than most things, My grandfather Was in korea, All the men in my family has been in one war or another, with the miltary. So i grew up with a great sence of pride for the USA, The flag, The men that came home, and more inporantly, the men that didnt. I went to the wall, when i was abit older... tracing the names with my fingers, and i know That this day wouldnt be this day, without them names, We wouldnt be us, without their blood that was shed, And for them, I shed a tear, each Time i think of them, not just today. "

Barks

Hayden Miles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hayden Miles

well my father died in the first iraq war so every memorial day i go to his grave

Hayden Miles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hayden Miles

it's fine thanks guys

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Spartan

I'm sorry to hear that Sha.
Post Edited:2008-05-26 02:14:33

Amaterasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Amaterasu

Hayden Miles says:

"well my father died in the first iraq war so every memorial day i go to his grave "

Comforts hayden

Lillya WildChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lillya WildChild

smiles and pets the dog.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Lady Tlieso

Lillya WildChild says:

"I rember when i was a little girl, my daddy went into the desert storm war...I rember my mother crying every night, we didnt know where he was, if he was ok, nothing. Everything was kept so quite it scared me worse than my mothers crys. But he came home, Im thankful for that, more than most things, My grandfather Was in korea, All the men in my family has been in one war or another, with the miltary. So i grew up with a great sence of pride for the USA, The flag, The men that came home, and more inporantly, the men that didnt. I went to the wall, when i was abit older... tracing the names with my fingers, and i know That this day wouldnt be this day, without them names, We wouldnt be us, without their blood that was shed, And for them, I shed a tear, each Time i think of them, not just today. "

quoted because she said it much better than i ever could.

Lillya WildChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lillya WildChild

blushes you think so??

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Spartan

Hayden Miles says:

"it's fine thanks guys"

Anytime.

@Lillya:

Excellent choice of words.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vrakmul

I'm going to see the U.S.S new jersey at new jersey. I'll be in a RV but I have internet access still due to those fancy portable wifi spots thingies.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Last_Guardian

I want to express serious respect for anyone who has ever served our country so bravely and anyone who is overseas now..I also want to express my condolences to anyone who has lost anyone at all in war or who has anyone overseas and away from home now...may God bless you all....

Amaterasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Amaterasu

Lillya WildChild says:

"**smiles and pets the dog.**"

Licks Lillya

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul

I'm at the U.S.S New jersey. She's a big bold battleship.

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Editman

salutes kurrent and morte as well as the rest of the troops

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Spartan

I'd really like to say that I support our troops and feel for their families during this time.

God Bless America! Happy Memorial Day 2008!

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Kurrent

I went to Iraq twice and Morte has been once! I am a definite supporter of the troops

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn

I want to give a shout out to my Grandpa, yeah he fought in World War 2 in the Navy. And I want to give another shout out to my Uncle Bo, he fought in Vietnam.

I would like to say Big Ups to all who have served are country

Blaw ! Blaw ! Blaw !