Mockingbird/Lance Hunter 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Spin-Off Possible Once Again

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Back in April it was reported that an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff was possible and likely to feature Adrianne Palicki's Mockingbird and Nick Blood's Lance Hunter. We then immediately discovered this wasn't happening and we'd only see a third season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and a second season of Agent Carter.

Variety has just reported that the project might be back on except it's kind of not really a spinoff.

No Caption Provided

Apparently ABC is about to close a deal to order a pilot that would center on the two characters. The show would be titled Marvel's Most Wanted. It's two characters from S.H.I.E.L.D. yet it's not a spinoff?

Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story. Though plot details are scarce at this point, “Marvel’s Most Wanted” will follow the pair and their adventures together.

The producers of S.H.I.E.L.D., Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski would co-write the pilot and serve as showrunners and executive producers with Jeph Loeb also executive producing. It's not clear when or where it would premiere and whether or not it'd be introduced through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. We'll update as soon as more information is announced.

While it'd be a shame to lose these two on the show, AoS is becoming a little crowded. With the possible new direction focusing on the Secret Warriors, Inhumans, and the Caterpillar files, it makes some sense to move these characters to their own show.

Do you think they could carry their own show? What do you think of the title?

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't get into SHIELD,I still will give this a go.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will assume that even if is not a spinoff still is Mcu canon, right?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dondave

The two aren't interesting enough to warrant their own series.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yeah. It's pretty much the same producers and it's supposed to "continue their story." Maybe they just don't wanna call it a spinoff so it can stand on its own as a separate Cinematic Universe show.

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unnecessary.

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fall: Agents of Shield

Winter: Agent Carter

Spring: Agents of Shield

Summer: Most Wanted?

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

It's kinda SHIELD overload, I think. I wish they would try something different. Sort of my same issue with Fear the Walking Dead. It just seems like it'd be more of the same, but with different faces.

Hell, just move Mockingbird over to the Netflix shows and have her be a bad ass on Netflix. Either in her own show or in someone else's.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Asgaard

@g_man:

Thanks... That also was my interpretation...

"Most Wanted"title is very interesting, Hydra is currently very weak in the Mcu, Ward alone isn't enough...I m intrigued by the title, AoS after Cap 2 tie-in had good episodes, there is no reason why not watch this series...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

As a person who's not a fan of AoS or its spinoffs, I wish we could just focus more on the Netflix shows.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mockingbird and Lance Hunter would be bad ass but , can they carry a series ? you never know

CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody really want this? Do a Cloak & Dagger show or The Runaways or something, give us something new. There's no reason this show needs to exist, they can do this storyline while still just being on AOS.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FearTheLiving

I'm not against it AOS is getting a bit crowded and if they're going to go into a more Super direction with Secret Warriors a Mockingbird show could keep the more spy and espionage feel going.

EDIT Oh wow you basically said the same thing in the article. Great minds and all that.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if they want to be more creative , do a show on there Origins? like their life when they met and got married and stuff , I don't think we know much about Lance or mockingbird before agents of shield

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No surprise

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netflix isnt making it, so i am not watching it.

Extra points if you understand the joke.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would still give it a go. See how the show works.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

I once again dropped SHEILD (it just dosen't sem to articulate itself very well) but I'd be down for a Bobbi an Hunter show.

soarlozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one is interesting enough as a duo spinoff except fits and simmons, and this is coming from a person that thought the show was a drag until hydra episodes came along in season 1.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Decept-O

Not being a hater but I wouldn't be interested. Their dynamic seems forced and I really don't like it when these two have any scenes together; in fact they get on my nerves.

Something else could be offered by Marvel, something separate from Agents of SHIELD. THAT would pique my interest.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decept_o: You mean like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist?

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm always ready for more from Shield, however this choice is a bit random but I would watch it

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

God,I can't stand that Hawkeye wanna be.I hope when they recast Hawkye(if ever)they get a more flexible actor and can the family storyline.It should be Hawkeye/Mockingbird.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decept_o said:

Not being a hater but I wouldn't be interested. Their dynamic seems forced and I really don't like it when these two have any scenes together; in fact they get on my nerves.

Something else could be offered by Marvel, something separate from Agents of SHIELD. THAT would pique my interest.

Because it is.Since Marvel tv can't use Clint since he's exclusive for the movies and Jeremy Renner has a busy schedule they created this bland clone version of Hawkeye.It's totally forced.I can't believe they killed off Tripp and made this guy a regular lol.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Redatom1234

@g_man: I'm afraid he won't. I stopped watching shield mid season 1. I started back on the mid season finale. When they killed off Tripp, I thought it was a bit unnecessary. He doesn't seem like a character they would bring back without a cliche.

I think they should focus on a different show more superhero related so the fans don't have to wait for Netflix shows and CBMs, they've already got agent Carter and agents of shield. I think they should incorporate something like legends of tomorrow or instead of a inhumans movie, they could just have a TV series to continue on from AOS without overcrowding the other actors

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@daredevil21134: Maybe Tripp will come back somehow...

It would be nice but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By COBRAMORPH

While AOS s2 was better, & DD good, Marvel-TV is still lacking behind DC. They need to fix their stuff before expanding.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

@decept_o: You mean like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist?

Funny.

No, something else. Not certain what exactly. Marvel could dig something up from their archives that'd be "appropriate" for ABC TV.

ceniza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't "an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story" kind of what a spin-off is?
I do agree with the comments stating that their dynamic needs to be strengthened before it could work. And with the other comments stating some different characters should have a go at the MTVU

ILikeBigTits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next, they are going to spinoff a show of Skye's dad working at the vet. With DC trying to release 1,000,000 shows we already have enough superhero TV and I still don't see the need for Agent Carter.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Marvel's Most Wanted was the tag line for the origonal run of Thunderbolts. Maybe it's Songbird and MACH insert number? Probably not though. I would take Hawkeye and Mockingbird over Mockingbird and Hunter though