Iron Man was right. Cap was wrong.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SPOILERS:

Cap should have signed the papers. They are vigilantes who operate outside the law without consequences. Wanda destroyed a building. An airport was damaged along with multiple plains worthy millions of dollars. Who went to jail if Tony hadn't turned them in? They didn't turn themselves in. Tony had to go get them. Cap acted like a headstrong child. Instead of using his leadership and communication skills, he just rebelled and caused people to get hurt and millions of dollars in property to get damaged. The only thing I disagreed with Tony on was how he also turned into a mindless ape once it was revealed who the killer of his parents was despite him knowing it was because of mind control. Other than that, he was right to want his team to be accountable.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nah.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was Team Cap but Tony really went through some shit.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Team Cap

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#teamcap

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap caused everything in that movie, he's the reason the Avengers split up, he's the reason there all criminals.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love said:

Cap caused everything in that movie, he's the reason the Avengers split up, he's the reason there all criminals.

You're right but They were already criminals before that. They broke all kinds of laws in every movie without anybody going to jail.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da: I know but they where all going to get a clean slate, until they picked Cap's side and got arrested.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I disagree.

Both sides had merits but from the two, Cap was more conciliatory, more open-minded. He was gonna sign the accords until he learned about Wanda's imprisonment....and that made him right. Day one in the accords and the UN had already messed with the team.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely see why Cap wouldn't want to sign the accords and work for the government. Last time he worked for the government it turned out to be Hydra.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: She got locked up after all the fighting, not before.

And she got locked up becasue of her actions and Cap leading her into breaking the law.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely see why Cap wouldn't want to sign the accords and work for the government. Last time he worked for the government it turned out to be Hydra.

I can see why he would be hesitant, but the alternative would be continuing to be a criminal vigilante that answers to nobody and has no consequences for his actions.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

NOPE. Cap was right. Iron man was wrong.

@samjackson: exactly.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Squalleon

@love said:

@squalleon: She got locked up after all the fighting, not before.

And she got locked up becasue of her actions and Cap leading her into breaking the law.

She got house arrest after the Lagos incident. With Vision as her warden. And that was day 1 of the accords, when they wanted people to sign.

@khaji-da said:
@samjackson said:

I can see why he would be hesitant, but the alternative would be continuing to be a criminal vigilante that answers to nobody and has no consequences for his actions.

He was gonna sign until he learned about Wanda's home imprisonment and that the UN would have them in what is pretty much fancy cages.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: It wasn't permanent, and she killed people. She had to be contained until she was done debriefing and the public got over it.

Cap,

• Assaulted multiple Cops
  • Caused thousands of dollars in damage
  • Caused the avengers to separate

None of this was caused by the signing of the documents, it was caused because Cap and his idiotic self helped Bucky escaped and beat down countless cops doing so.

He literally caused everything just to keep his man crush around. It was most defiantly his fault.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Tony did that. Not the wakovia accords. He was wrong for that. But it doesn't change the fact that he's right in wanting them to stop being criminal vigilantes. Through out the movie Cap had many chances to just simply tell Tony what was going on and why he was doing what he wasd doing. Instead he chose to act like a child and keep everything bottled in. The bottom line is that Tony was right in that they should answer to some body of government. Nobody should get to walk around breaking the law, damaging property, killing people, or ignoring country borders without consequences.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love said:

@squalleon: It wasn't permanent, and she killed people. She had to be contained until she was done debriefing and the public got over it.

Cap,

• Assaulted multiple Cops
  • Caused thousands of dollars in damage
  • Caused the avengers to separate

None of this was caused by the signing of the documents, it was caused because Cap and his idiotic self helped Bucky escaped and beat down countless cops doing so.

He literally caused everything just to keep his man crush around. It was most defiantly his fault.

The discussion was about the accords...still Cap was right about that too. He knew they weren't gonna listen to him without evidence and Zemo was already on the move. Why do you think the avengers decided to be put in prison for fun? Because Ross and Tony would not listen to Cap and the timetable was short.

@khaji-da said:

@squalleon: Tony did that. Not the wakovia accords. He was wrong for that. But it doesn't change the fact that he's right in wanting them to stop being criminal vigilantes. Through out the movie Cap had many chances to just simply tell Tony what was going on and why he was doing what he wasd doing. Instead he chose to act like a child and keep everything bottled in. The bottom line is that Tony was right in that they should answer to some body of government. Nobody should get to walk around breaking the law, damaging property, killing people, or ignoring country borders without consequences.

I think it was asked to do it by the people above. It wasn't Tony's call.

And it was said that Tony wouldn't listen. If they told you that the guy who put a bomb was someone posing like a known assassin as the WS just to drew him out would you believe him? Especially if the one who told you that was the assasin's best friend. Tony wouldn't listen, neither would Ross. Cap took the path with the best chances to catch the bad guy, no matter what it did to his reputation. Because the alternative would be WSs all over the globe!

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Love

@squalleon: he broke the law, he was in the wrong.

he didnt have to break the law, he chose too.

He is a criminal, he's in the wrong.

Also Tony wanted her to stay at home, not the Gov, they say that in the movie. He wanted it all to cool down, before things got worse.

Guess what, Cap made things worse for everyone.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love said:

@squalleon: he broke the law, he was in the wrong.

he didnt have to break the law, he chose too.

He is a criminal, he's in the wrong.

Also Tony wanted her to stay at home, not the Gov, they say that in the movie. He wanted it all to cool down, before things got worse.

Guess what, Cap made things worse for everyone.

Lesser of two evils. The alternative was Winter Soldiers running around.

You think about this in black and white, "He broke the law so he must be wrong".

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

And it was said that Tony wouldn't listen. If they told you that the guy who put a bomb was someone posing like a known assassin as the WS just to drew him out would you believe him? Especially if the one who told you that was the assasin's best friend. Tony wouldn't listen, neither would Ross. Cap took the path with the best chances to catch the bad guy, no matter what it did to his reputation. Because the alternative would be WSs all over the globe!

It was never mentioned that anybody asked Tony to do it. So I do blame Tony for that. But as I said earlier, it doesn't change that he was right.

It doesn't matter because we'll never know because Cap was too hard headed to even give it a try. Actually, as it turned out, Cap broke even more laws than he already had and the outcome was for nothing since Zemo killed all the other Winter Soliders. I bet he felt really stupid for causing Rhodie to become partially paralyzed and for planes to explode causing millions in damage, and illegally entering countries and breaking their laws all for nothing. Should have just used communication. It's a shame. I'm not absolving Tony of blame. But he was right. I'll be logging off for a few hours. I'll reply to you tonight.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

You're thinking in Black in White not me, look at the whole picture.

AS soon as Tony found out Bucky was Innocent he came to help. All Cap had to do was bring Bucky in and explain, that's it. Now all of them can stomp the non existent threat of other soldiers.

Cap chose the worse possible way of doing this, " lets beat up Cops, fight the other half of the avengers, ignore the law, and be completely ignorant to everything."

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap acted like a headstrong child.

No he didn't, he doesn't even have neck feats...

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CAP'S RAD OTHERS MAD

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Squalleon

@khaji-da said:
@squalleon said:
@khaji-da said:

It was never mentioned that anybody asked Tony to do it. So I do blame Tony for that. But as I said earlier, it doesn't change that he was right.

It doesn't matter because we'll never know because Cap was too hard headed to even give it a try. Actually, as it turned out, Cap broke even more laws than he already had and the outcome was for nothing since Zemo killed all the other Winter Soliders. I bet he felt really stupid for causing Rhodie to become partially paralyzed and for planes to explode causing millions in damage, and illegally entering countries and breaking their laws all for nothing. Should have just used communication. It's a shame. I'm not absolving Tony of blame. But he was right. I'll be logging off for a few hours. I'll reply to you tonight.

Even worse.

So Cap was wrong because Zemo didn't intend to release the Soldiers? That doesn't make Cap's decisions wrong, it just makes Zemo a cunning villain. He just as well could release them if his original plan didn't work for all we know.

Don't be in a rush to reply dude. I don't really have the strength for multiple online arguments anyway.

@love said:

@squalleon:

You're thinking in Black in White not me, look at the whole picture.

AS soon as Tony found out Bucky was Innocent he came to help. All Cap had to do was bring Bucky in and explain, that's it. Now all of them can stomp the non existent threat of other soldiers.

Cap chose the worse possible way of doing this, " lets beat up Cops, fight the other half of the avengers, ignore the law, and be completely ignorant to everything."

If someone tried to break the team, that was Tony.

The problem is Cap didn't have evidence to prove Tony, WS's innocence. He tried in the airport to explain to Tony what happened but Tony didn't even care to listen. That makes two times that Tony was wrong and caused the team to break. Hell, even his own members think he was wrong or didn't care about the accords or didn't know, Black Widow pretty much changed her position, T'Challa didn't fight for the accords but for vengeance, Spidey didn't know why he was fighting, he only wanted to impress Stark, do you think Spidey would sign the accords? Vision and Rhodie are the only avengers that agreed with him. The real avengers were literally with Cap. Not to mention that there is no way Thor and Hulk would work for any human government system.

How???? The alternative was Winter Soldiers running around and a good man dead for crimes he didn't do.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Love

@squalleon: The Soldiers where never going to be released, and no Tony didn't break the team up Cap dead by turning them all into criminals.

Cap didnt try to explain anything, he's the one that wanted to fight, he started the fight.

Thor doesn't have too, he's a God who lives on a different planet.

banner thinks a lot like Stark he would sign it.

All Cap had to do was talk, he acted like an idiot.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@love: there were agents In the government as well. Remember the senator who said "hail hydra"?

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I doubt Hydra covers 100+ country's.

Besides, instead of that little escapade Cap pulled he could have signed the papers and worked with Nato to destroy hydra completely.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm team Iron Man and I find Cap to be a bit of a hypocrite. He was upset about the government keeping secrets and lying to the public and he held a major secret from his own partner.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: who ever said it did? Even then isn't Shield? And the American government enough?

Thea in point is they don't want to be slaves to government agendas. They sign these papers and the government gets to tell them where to go and who to fight and that's some scary shit.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: dude, Bruce would not sign it. That was literally the ENTIRE plot of his movie. Him trying to AVOID letting the government abuse the power of the Hulk and gamma mutation in general. ADD in the fact that it was Ross of all people who rolled in and say "hey sign this". Cmon man.....that's a freaking joke.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

Hesitant? The first people he met after being unfrozen (problem the ppl he trusted most outside of the Avengers) turned out to be Hydra, the very ppl he "died" trying to stop. Hydra had roots everywhere, governments have their own agendas and Cap had a point when he said "there may be places we don't need go and they make us while there may be places they are actually needed but can't go" or along those lines. The opposite of becoming "a vigilante that answers to nobody" would've became him becoming a weapon/dog for the government (kind of like how Superman was the TKDR). Both sides had a point and solid reasoning and Cap wasn't completely wrong.

NOPE. Cap was right. Iron man was wrong.

exactly.

IMO they both were right and wrong and there was pros and cons for signing and not signing the accords. Throughout the movie just found myself leaning more towards Caps side.

He was gonna sign until he learned about Wanda's home imprisonment and that the UN would have them in what is pretty much fancy cages.

Everyone was going to be right?

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap shouldn't have signed the papers.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to understand that governments work only for their interests, every government is corrupt and would use the Avengers for their benefit, although that´s not explored in the movie, that is how things in the real world are, and if The Avengers were real, I would honestly be TeamCap because governments are full of pricks who just care for themselves and money, they are all corrupt.

I was really disappointed when Chris Evans said in real lfe he would be team Iron Man, he should know better.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both had valid points, that's literally the plot of civil war, it's not an argument with an objective answer. But for me, Team Cap any day.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

Cap shouldn't have signed the papers.

He didn't.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Cap.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beauty of it was no one was 100% right or wrong, each had a legit point of view. One takeaway I had was i really felt bad for Tony, he really had his heart in the right place and genuinely cared for every member of the Avengers and tried to keep them all together and out of harms way and do the right thing.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to understand that governments work only for their interests, every government is corrupt and would use the Avengers for their benefit, although that´s not explored in the movie, that is how things in the real world are, and if The Avengers were real, I would honestly be TeamCap because governments are full of pricks who just care for themselves and money, they are all corrupt.

I was really disappointed when Chris Evans said in real lfe he would be team Iron Man, he should know better.

He only is a perfect man in the movies.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: Wanda tried to contain the bomb. Without her there would've been many more deaths it's not like she tried to kill them.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the comics, everyone complained that there was a clear 'right and wrong' side of Civil War. Now everyone is complaining because it isn't as cut and dried

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw the movie, and i agree

iron man was right, i mean 110 countries agreed and you want to continue to be lawless?

i didn't like the video at the end, it felt like a cheap way to get iron man to fight bucky and cap.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tony was right for the wrong reason, Cap was wrong for the right reason. That why the movie was excellent, you can see both side, even when one side is in the right. Even the villain was just a plot device and a victim in a way that help with Black Panther story arc and his reason is understandable, even though he underwhelming and the ending felt meh.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@thor_parker82 said:

He only is a perfect man in the movies.

Don´t you dare say Chris Evans is not perfect, look at those arms.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da: Captain America was absolutely in the moral, and objective right, in terms of the choices he made.