Who's more powerful, Sentry or Thor?

• 131 results
OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@adamtrmm: So you're advising that we can't be sure if the powers she absorbed are stacked at 100%? I agree that the panels don't provide that technical level of detail. However, the story narrative is that Rogue's power absorption ability would be used in such a way that she would "take everything" from the collective heroes and mutants. "Take everything" is a point the story emphasized over and over, so that Rogue could then bring those powers to bear at the task at hand. I read stories accepting the given narratives, which in this case seems to imply that Rogue's feat was not only symbolic, as she became the embodiment of the heroes working together, but also necessary (as they needed to bring more power to bear to solve this problem than just the number of powerhouses they immediately had available).... and the Sentry would be the other half of that solution. Yes, the Sentry vagueness continues. I wonder if he survived the destruction of the multiverse, and is a character in Secret Wars.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogsoldier88:

I actually unambiguously say that it would be impossible fot her. That symbolism you're talking about isn't taken away with the power level classification, it stands right there the way you described it whether she used the sum of the powers or just its imitations, points is, powerwise that isn't supposed to be the former option canonically.

The whole feat is incredibly stupid as I keep saying since Exitar was written as a clueless tank that only waited there to die from a scratch and got physically stalemated by characters who are ridiculously below his league. Don't even get me started on that axe...

Yeah with all that said I'm still pretty curious what exactly was Remender planning for Sentry.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: But sir, it wouldn't make any sense to execute a plan whereby Rogue is a WEAKER version of the heroes she absorbs. If that were the case for this story, then the plan was doomed to fail, and it would have been better to have the actual Hyperion, Hulk, X-Men, et al confront the descending Celestial. The only way it makes sense, as a plan, is that Rogue's abilities STACK. The on panel images and text certainly communicate this. But you say that this is impossible, putting you at odds with the story the way it is presented. You may not like the story, but it is part of the canon. Just like Thor beating the Sentry in Siege is canon, even though it is a bad piece of writing.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogsoldier88:

Well it was impossible for all the heroes to be presented there in her place and still her mimicing all these powers would still make her the most powerful entity among the heroes especially with Hulk's growing strength that he wouldn't be able to replicate without the ability to fly. So I think the main idea of unity and reason behind that still stands.

Do you think the sum of all the heroes combined is rivaled by Sentry alone?

Well at least Thor killing Sentry had an actual context behind that.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: The official Marvel wiki ranks Rogue in the upper tier in strength and durability, likely due to her ability to absorb upper tier characters' powers. She hasn't shown a limit as to how many powers she can absorb simultaneously, as was demonstrated in this story arc. In this story arc, she required Wanda's help in restoring the powers of everyone else back, which was successful in all except Simon Williams. She ABSORBED him because THAT is her power, not mere mimicry. Rogue retained Simon's mind and his powers.

I don't know why Rogue is suddenly the focus of this discussion, but even if Rogue doesn't stack powers at 100% for each, the powers she absorbs do indeed stack. If they didn't then there would be no need to absorb Hulk plus any other physically strong and durable hero - and she could move on to characters with different powers. She could also skip Hyperion and other flyers. Anyhow, this means that she was indeed, at that moment, the most powerful hero available... certainly more powerful than Thor.

As for the Sentry question, the story arc's narrative shows that this is indeed the case - and Remender isn't the first writer to imply this. Bendis and Jenkins certainly presented Sentry as the end-all be-all, even though other writers (Pak) did not. This is why Bendis' Siege was a piece of bad writing, because Bendis showed in Dark Avengers that Sentry can't be killed. He later explained that Sentry died at Siege because Bob wanted to die - LAME. Bob tried to kill himself before, and the Void brought him back against his will. Siege's ending was LAME.

Amped Rogue > Thor

Sentry > Thor

Amped Rogue > Sentry? Maybe, but for this discussion, it doesn't matter.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By adamTRMM

@dogsoldier88:

The reason I say she is supposed to be limited is that I remember her struggling a couple of times with powerhouses alone like with Juggernaut from the top of my head, but if we're talking about all kinds of powers than it's true she did wonders with her abilities combining some powers in a fascinating way and without visible troubles. It's that UA feat alone showed Rogue struggling, just after the Avengers powers were taken, by her arrival to JGS so it's all kind of shady feat I find hard to determine its actual quantity.

I said power mimicry because absorbing powers makes her mimic or better said copy them for a short period of time, not actually have them (if not absorbing them completely), so yeah I can see how it was misleading.

It's about Rogue cause we're trying to flesh out Sentry's own powerlevels since I don't agree with him being equal to all these powers combined, superior randomly, no denial, but sum of 100+ heroes? That's too much and isn't really supported by actual evidence as far as I can say.

Even though she did absorb the powers doesn't change the fact that we can't quantify how potently she utilized said abilities for all the reasons and vaguesness we were exposed to sadly.

I want a good, fleshed out and clear story where Sentry is shown with his potential realized or limits so I can finally know where he is standing unambiguously. I'm just really tired of the hype, I mean the second he got compared to HoM Wanda you knew how out of hand it became.

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is tough.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Sentry most likely

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bob .

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By AgentofChaos1

Sentry and it's not even debatable . Thor at his strongest form couldn't even recreate mjolnir without surters help . Sentry defeated post recton Molecular man using reality warping which is faar more impressive than any of the Thor feats .

Speed : Sentry blitzes .Thor is slower than Wolverine

Strength :Sentry easily .

Generated half of the strength to stop a Celestial step.

Carried dead Exitar (sextillions++++++++) like he was a bug through space. Thor struggled to lift a city

Durability Sentry again Immortality That dude can't stay dead forever

Versatility : Sentry again . Molecular manipulation ,reality warping, telepathy and telekinesis nuff said

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

The Sentry was made and designed to be more powerful than Thor.

No Caption Provided

As we seen in Siege, Thor struggle badly against the Void until the Norne stones came into play. Meanwhile the Sentry himself has beaten the Void. He was the only one that could. Also we are again shown Sentry's superiority to Thor in Uncanny Avengers.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@whoisthebest:

No. He never did. Read my post again. During Siege the Void was not only weakened by the Norne stones, but also Bob Reynolds held back the Void so Thor could get a quick strike to kill him. Bob Reynolds wanted to die. Prior to that the Void was not only manhandling Thor, but all of the Avengers until Loki came with the Norne stones. And in Uncanny Avengers Thor was dominated by the Sentry on two occasions.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@king_stranglehold_da_first: their abilities are so similar, it just depends on whether the writer is a Thor fan or Sentry fan.

Well we can agree to this. This often happens with Thor and Hulk.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Discounting Bad and Lazy writing, Sentry (A stable sentry at least) is more powerful than Thor, Some people need to be more objective concerning Thor, As a character Thor is easily one of Comics most Iconic and beloved characters and is a big fan Favourite, and as always with these popular characters some (And I mean ONLY some) are maybe a little biased towards him, I have always judged Thor as one of Earth's most Powerful characters (Am I starting to use the word "character" too often ?) and will often refer to other hugely powerful charac ,,,, erm ,, Beings as Thor level oh erm ,, (oh what the hell) CHARACTERS, But for me Sentry like Franklin Richards and Legion are just a step up from the likes of Thor, Magneto and Blue Marvel Ect,, (Especially Franklin) I also take the Sentry and the Void as the one character (I am using that word far to much) when judging Sentry V's whoever.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By MaZeRaIII

Depends on the version Unstable Sentry is weaker than Thor,any other version would obliterate him.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Flumox56

To those who claim Thor beating the Sentry during Siege is any indication that Thor gave as good as he got and there for must be Sentry's equal or superior must of read that story through rainbow (Bridge) coloured spectacles, Clearly Sentry / Void had the beating of him, While it most certainly was not a curb stomp (It is Thor after all) it was clear it was only going to end one way, Plus as others have pointed out Sentry was also taking on the Avengers, Asgardians including Loki and his Norne Stones and was still only defeated due to Bob allowing (or wishing) Thor to Physically and metaphysically strike him dead.

I have not read the whole Apocalypse Twin storyline yet so I can not comment on aspects of the Sentry's return in said storyline.

MaZeRaIII 100 percent Agreed, Though the Sentry was clearly given his mental instability as a weakness because to not give him said weakness was to make the character almost untenable in most storyline's as he would just walk through most enemies and end the threat in short order leaving us with 3 page comics (and that is including an Add) as 99 percent of characters on earth would not have even the smallest chance against a stable Sentry.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Regular THOR easily beats regular sentry.

Depends on the versions. it comes down to...

King THOR Vs Void

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Flumox56

THORSON, If you mean the Agoraphobic Mindf##cked Sentry ?, Well of course he does he is a basket case, If you mean a confident "non Void" Sentry ?, Well I can only conclude you are clearly Delusional or a epic Thor Fanboy.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.

As for King Thor Vs Void, Is King Thor, Thor with the Odin-force ?, If that is the case then King Thor would beat Void as I do not think the Void is Skyfather level.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thor.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: You are Absolutely entitled to your opinion (Even if it's wrong).

Sorry could not resist.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: Sentry easily . Thor lacks the regenerative factor . Even king Thor and old king thor couldn't heal his arms . Sentry lives forever

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Sentry by a longshot

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis pretty much hates Thor, and Sentry is a terrible character. That whole Seige event was stupid. The writers completely ignored everything about general power levels then.

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By FOSTINOE

@powerherc said:

It should be Thor, especially with Mjolnir, he was created to be Marvel's most powerful hero and that's what he should always be; Marvel's most powerful hero.

Who is and always should be Marvel's most powerful hero?

Silver Surfer? No.

Phoenix? No.

Dr. Strange? No.

Black Bolt? No.

Sentry? No.

Scarlet Witch? No.

Hyperion? No.

Thor? Yes.

this is the gospel truth. Thor in fact the most powerful. that is the fact. most powerful superhero will always be thor

destroyer and hercules both attest to the power of Thor.....Doom then calls some people on earth "powerful" but calls the asgardian Gods "POWER ITSELF"(this is doom himself)........Thor vanquishes/oneshots intergalactic police. leaves no trace ofthem before an entire superhero alliance........destroyer calls him "THE BEST".......thor is STATED TO BE THE MOST POWERFUL AVENGER

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

this is the gospel truth. Thor in fact the most powerful. that is the fact. most powerful superhero will always be thor. As for this argument,i have this to say;

1.Cap himself makes the power differentiation between DEATHSEED SENTRY AND THOR...pls read

2.Thor is stated to be the most powerful figure to ever walk the earth

3.Thor has killed the guy before(void sentry)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided