DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Blu-Ray Details Revealed

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Did you catch DC's Legends of Tomorrow? The first season has ended and soon you'll be able to re-watch each episode along with much more. Check out the full press release for the release on August 23.

No Caption Provided

Control your own fate and catch up with DC’s Legends of Tomorrow as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment releases the complete first season of the epic series onBlu-rayTM including Digital HD and DVD on August 23, 2016. Before the second season returns on The CW, fans can watch all 16 exhilarating episodes from the first season, plus nearly an hour of extra content, including the 2015 Comic-Con Panel, featurettes, and a gag reel. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is The CW’s #2 show among Total Viewers, coming in only behind The Flash.*DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season is priced to own at $39.99 SRP for the DVD and $44.98 SRP for the Blu-ray including Digital HD.

From the creators of The Flash and Arrow comes this Super Hero team-up that combines characters from both series, as well as new heroes from the DC Comics pantheon. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront the unstoppable threat of the immortal Vandal Savage— a threat which not only puts the world at stake, but all of time itself.

With Blu-ray’s unsurpassed picture and sound, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season Blu-ray release will include 1080p Full HD Video with DTS-HD Master Audio for English 5.1. The 2-disc Blu-ray will feature a high-definition Blu-ray and a Digital HD copy of all 16 episodes from season one.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow stars Victor Garber (The Flash, Titanic), Brandon Routh (Arrow, Superman Returns), Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who), Caity Lotz (Arrow, Mad Men), Franz Drameh (The Flash, Edge of Tomorrow), and Ciara Renée (The Flash), with Dominic Purcell (Prison Break, The Flash) and Wentworth Miller (Prison Break, The Flash). Falk Hentschel (The Flash), and Casper Crump (The Flash, Arrow) are recurring guest stars in the series. Based on the characters from DC Comics, DC's Legends of Tomorrow is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Blindspot, The Mysteries of Laura), Marc Guggenheim (Arrow), Andrew Kreisberg(Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl), Phil Klemmer (Chuck, Political Animals),Sarah Schechter (Arrow, The Flash, Blindspot, Supergirl, The Mysteries of Laura) and Chris Fedak (Chuck, Forever).

BLU-RAY & DVD FEATURES

• DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: 2015 Comic-Con Panel - Warner Bros. Television Presents a Night of DC Entertainment at Comic-Con 2015: DC's Legends of Tomorrow
  • Jonah Hex: Hex Marks the Spot - Journey behind the scenes of "The Magnificent Eight" as producers bring the legend of Jonah Hex and the ways of the Old West to life.
  • A Fantastic Voyage: Touring the Waverider Set - Journey behind the scenes with the production design team responsible for bringing the Waverider to life. From the origin of the time traveling ship, to the VFX that completes the illusion, a complete look.
  • History in the Making - Explore the cross over between fact and fiction, as the Legends team makes contact with a variety of eras thought the series. Time travel with the heroes and villains of DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
  • Gag Reel

16 ONE-HOUR EPISODES

1. Pilot, Part 1

2. Pilot, Part 2

3. Blood Ties

4. White Knights

5. Fail-Safe

6. Star City 2046

7. Marooned

8. Night of the Hawk

9. Left Behind

10. Progeny

11. The Magnificent Eight

12. Last Refuge

13. Leviathan

14. River of Time

15. Destiny

16. Legendary

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

I had high hopes for this show, enjoyed the first month then it went nowhere until the awesome Atom episode(don't want to spoil it but if you watched it you know what i'm talking about). I can't see this being a big seller other than to to comic fans who have to own everything.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

@dd208 said:

I had high hopes for this show, enjoyed the first month then it went nowhere until the awesome Atom episode(don't want to spoil it but if you watched it you know what i'm talking about). I can't see this being a big seller other than to to comic fans who have to own everything.

It was fine but ultimately followed the same sequence of events every episode:

Split off into teams

One member of team goes to extreme to save person X

Said person gets captured

Entire team has to show up to save them

Roll Credits

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I wasn't big on this show by the last 4 or 5 episodes really changed my mind. Was the best extended story from the arrowverse this season imo.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The first 2-3 episodes and the last 2-3 episodes were fine, good even. Unfortunately, the rest of them were indeed very repetitive filled with so many filler scenes and pointless love drama (especially Atom - Hawkgirl) that really hurt the show.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

It was an OK show, I'm excited for next season because of JSA and more importantly, no Kendra to slow things down with romance BS.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Nope, not a fan. Could have been good, but wasn't. One should give them some credit for some of the effects thought.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@the_stegman: Its the CW. Some way somehow there will be romance drama and there will be a lot of it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This show started of good, but got dragged down by pointless romantic drama and idiotic time traveling.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Best show on CW. The Sara/Cold dynamic and Ray Palmer carried this show. Arrow is farts and Flash is just so meh. Long live the Legion, Err, I mean the Legends....

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will the extra content be more scenes of the team making a plan then doing something stupid and letting Savage get away for the 18th time..

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Ethan-Ricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rip and Ray (at least before they turned him into an idiot) were the only things I liked about this show. Everything about it is just so generic...

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this show. It had some plot issues to work out, but it was so much fun and the characters are some of my favorite on television (though The Hawks and Savage where hard to bear). I'm so hyped for next season of this and Flash. Can't get much better than The JSA and Flashpoint.

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ips

After a while you get creeped out by Rip's foot fetish. But seriously, why is he always staring at the ground and can't look anyone in the eye. It's so effin annoying.

Honestly, this show is a total write off. It was flawed from the beginning. The performances were EXCELLENT consistently (except for Cold who was completely mustache twirling cliche from start to finish), but the writing was trash.

The character/team makeup was really questionable anyhow. Bringing White Canary back because she was popular on Arrow was a mistake. She only had a niche following. She had no deep fan following drawing longtime fans in from decades of fandom. Her spot would have been much better used putting in someone that longtime fans cared about. This is not a slight against the actress -- just a business decision based on giving real fans what they're looking for.

Putting in the villains sounds great on paper but just made for unheroic heroes and de-fanged villains who came off more as tough guys. The Atom was dragged down by the stupid romance with Hawkgirl. Hawkgirl got shafted from an amazing fun character with teeth to *that*. Call Bruce Timm and take notes please. Firestorm was the only well written character objectively. And then there was poor Hawkman...

The primary season plot had potential and a great villain and performance, but was marred by really garbage filler writing for the "journey" episodes and the awful romantic subplots. If you want to do romances in action shows, take a look at how Filoni handles them and makes them footnotes at best -- everyone knows they're there, but they're only a discreet scene occasionally, and almost never the focus of a full episode. Humans are complex creatures capable of many types of relationships other than romances -- explore those instead ffs.

The honest truth is that DC's TV shows are in just as bad shape as their cinematic universe is. Arrow is on the decline and the Flash is headed in the same bad direction. Too much creative license has been given to creators who aren't completely committed to the superhero and comic book genre.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By christianrapper

At least they explained why it was so hard to stop savage in the finale. That was getting pretty annoying.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only watched up till episode six, but I may buy this on blu-ray when it gets released.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped watching about half way through. From what I've read, it didn't get much better, unfortunately.

I'll pass on this, but definitely check back in for season 2. JSA ftw!

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By feedonatreefrog

This show was dumb, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Much more enjoyable than Flash and Arrow. Except for the Hawks, who were awful, the cast was just so fun to watch. Cold and Heat Wave were especially hilarious.

And certain characters were done way better on this show, like Firestorm (finally using the jock kid/scientist dynamic, the main freaking appeal of Firestorm), Canary (finally making her seem like the badass deadly assassin she is, and no more ridiculous cleavage costume), and the Atom, who actually shrunk (and grew).

Plus, JSA next season? Yes please. Can we get the Legion of Super Heroes after that?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was shocked to the negative comments about this show the I realised its comicvine the whiny are always the first through the door.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"16 ONE-HOUR EPISODES"

They are not tough. 44 min at most since it is from TV unless there is extra content.