What are Batman's Contingency Plans for the Justice League?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Justice League #19 revealed to us that Batman has contingency plans for the Justice League's Big 7

No Caption Provided

What do you think these contingency plans are?

Are they the same as they were for Tower of Babel? or Justice League Doom?

We know his contingency for Superman was Kryptonite, but what about the rest?

Wonder Woman?

Flash?

Cyborg?

Aquaman?

Green Lantern?

Clearly he can't put these on a computer otherwise Cyborg would know about them,

What are your theories? What would your contingency plans be for the Justice League?

No Caption Provided

do you agree with Batman's rational? Do you disagree? Why or why not?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

Won't be surprised if they end up being the same exact plans from Tower Of Babel, sans Cyborg.

But seriously, I know those plans are for the greater good if say one of the leaguers comes across a villain that can mind control them.

But sometimes Batman's paranoia can really be annoying, and he's seriously coming off as a creeper. Really, who the fuck spies on a couple while their making out? Not cool Bruce.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

the JL: Doom ones were stupid. Probably new ones.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk I thought Martian Manhunter and Superman's traps were good.

Hal Jordan's was dumb. Flash's was okay I guess, at least it was exciting. I liked the idea behind Wonder Woman's but it probably could have been executes a little better, because it makes WW come off as an idiot for not figuring it out.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

@sunman said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

idk I thought Martian Manhunter and Superman's traps were good.

Hal Jordan's was dumb. Flash's was okay I guess, at least it was exciting. I liked the idea behind Wonder Woman's but it probably could have been executes a little better, because it makes WW come off as an idiot for not figuring it out.

Martian Manhunter's was fine, something about Flash's rubs me the wrong way, but i cant name it. Superman's wouldn't have worked (his senses would have warned him that it wasn't a real person, e also could have dodged the bullet).

Wonder Woman's was a crappy version of the effective Tower Of Babel version. Batman tricking WW into attacking innocent civilians, really?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if Batman goes rogue? Wheres that contingency? Oh right, he is too self-righteous and too far up his own a** to believe he could be fallible.

Those suitcases are full of BS, that's what is in there. Seriously, WW doesnt have a "Kryptonite" to speak of, what can he do to her other than that stupid Nanite plan again (which was dumb)?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

What if Batman goes rogue? Wheres that contingency? Oh right, he is too self-righteous and too far up his own a** to believe he could be fallible.

Batman's plan for himself is called the Justice League.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet it's just his specialized sno cone machine for each one.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#9  Edited By Black_Claw

@ultrastarkiller said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Batman's plan for himself is called the Justice League.

True. But sometimes I wonder what would happen in a story if Batman really did go off the deep end. Now like you said, his contingency plan against himself is the Justice League as a group. But then again, he realizes this and knows that they'll go after him after his first acts of tyranny against Gotham's criminals. So to prevent that protocol from working he goes to the second batcave, grabs the protocols and then uses them against his team mates one by one by getting the drop on them to prevent them from interfering. Now keep in mind that the protocols are in their original "neutralizing" state and therefore it won't kill the leaguers, but it will keep them down long enough to stop them from screwing up Batman's other plans.

Personally, I think it would be interesting to see a storyline where Bats is the one that goes rogue. It would be a breath of fresh air after seeing all those stories where Superman is in a bad light. But then again, I know fanboys and the higher ups at DC would never want Batman to come off as the bad guy...

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Batman has invented an anti-god batarang to use against Wonder Woman.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has all the football scholarships Cyborg will never ever get inside Victors briefcase

atomicfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cyborg- a usb with viruses, Green lantern-yellow paint, aquaman-an empty glass of water, the flash-shoes with the laces tied together, wonder woman a rope, superman-kryptonite knuckle duster

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Batman actually made a commit to Alfred about them making plans to fight Batman. He said that the others Leaguers would be damn fools if they didnt make contingency plans to fight him. So Bats figured that the rest of the League did make plans against him.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

PIS

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Since it's Johns, they'll be unoriginal and make no sense at all.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it's Johns, they'll be unoriginal and make no sense at all.

This.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thejman251

Those suitcases are full of BS, that's what is in there. Seriously, WW doesnt have a "Kryptonite" to speak of, what can he do to her other than that stupid Nanite plan again (which was dumb)?

- You seem rather upset that Bruce still has plans for the league in this continuity.

- However, i'm not too surprised that a Superman fan___ would feel this way.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deaditegonzo

@thejman251 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

- You seem rather upset that Bruce still has plans for the league in this continuity.

Edited: Because I was hostile and dismissive.

Basically, it annoys me when actual professionals wank a character. They should be above that, as it is their job. Batman walks around with this attitude that he can take anyone, and nobody knocks him down a peg, because its bad for business. Not because its logical or good story telling, because its bad for business. Id love to see a heavy hitter's most pathetic villain prove to be too much for Bats, or for the least respected leaguer (someone like Cyborg) to casually backhand him.

One thing I will say is that im a fan of the entire league, almost every character, and im tired of them being over shadowed for the sake of wanking Batman. Like I said before, WW should be the hardest to plan for, as she has no inherrent weakness.

Anyway, the other thing that annoys me, as everyone has said, this is a rehash of another story.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colonyofcells

For Wonder Woman, maybe Batman has wrote a short prayer dedicated to the goddess Wonder Woman to get favors. Maybe Batman will lick the boots of Wonder Woman and beg for mercy. For Green Lantern, Batman probably has a portable brain fryer. Batman maybe has a banana peel for the Flash. For Aquaman, Batman probably has a giant wok to deep fry Aquaman. Batman probably has a virus for Cyborg.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Basically, it annoys me when actual professionals wank a character. They should be above that, as it is their job. Batman walks around with this attitude that he can take anyone, and nobody knocks him down a peg, because its bad for business. Not because its logical or good story telling, because its bad for business. Id love to see a heavy hitter's most pathetic villain prove to be too much for Bats, or for the least respected leaguer (someone like Cyborg) to casually backhand him.

One thing I will say is that im a fan of the entire league, almost every character, and im tired of them being over shadowed for the sake of wanking Batman. Like I said before, WW should be the hardest to plan for, as she has no inherrent weakness.

Anyway, the other thing that annoys me, as everyone has said, this is a rehash of another story.

- Well, then i hope you would understand why i don't like the Joker. The only reason that he is even still alive is most likely because most of the writers who use him , along with the editorial, can't see past their fanboyism. I won't even elaborate on my numerous other issue with this character.

- I do see where you're coming from, and i do agree on some fronts.

- I honestly could see why a fan would have some hostility towards Batman the way they he is regarded in Comics today. If anything, i think an article about how Bruce wayne ruined comics (or something like that) was posted on the Batman forum and that it goes more in depth into what you're getting at, or at least what i think you're getting at.

- To be quite honest, i don't think Bruce should be in the league at all and i don't see a reason for him being a member besides making DC money, but i'll end this here before i go on a rant.

- To be fair, very few members of the league have a weakness that is as clear as day besides Clark, so i'm not sure what Johns or the editorial will come up with.

- I could see why you would view this as a rehash of other stories however, i personally view this as an attempt to show that Bruce has some shred of competency and common sense which is something that he is severely lacking in his own books.

- I would like to thank Johns for giving him that, but that only goes so far as the cave was still broken into quite easily.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: I basically agree, and its funny that that Bruce Wayne article was posted today, because it really did hit on a lot of points that DC should consider. 1) Batman is a really neat character, but the way he has been handled has made it so whenever I try to read his stuff, im always equally as disgusted as entertained (same with Wolverine in fact) 2) Your Joker point is great too, I feel the same. Dont get me wrong, there are some awesome Joker stories, the Widening Gyre is a good example, but he needs an epic send off, and then that should be the end of it, imo. I think DotF COULD have accomplished this, but DC failed. 3) Batman should really be a new a guy under the cowl every so often, he is supposed to be the most relatable and human character but he isnt any more, its why I like the Nolan films, he's just a human. He needs help getting his equipment, his body gives out quicker than his spirit, etc.

But yeah I essentially agree with you.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thejman251

@deaditegonzo said:

@thejman251: I

basically agree, and its funny that that Bruce Wayne article was posted today, because it really did hit on a lot of points that DC should consider. 1) Batman is a really neat character, but the way he has been handled has made it so whenever I try to read his stuff, im always equally as disgusted as entertained (same with Wolverine in fact) 2) Your Joker point is great too, I feel the same. Dont get me wrong, there are some awesome Joker stories, the Widening Gyre is a good example, but he needs an epic send off, and then that should be the end of it, imo. I think DotF COULD have accomplished this, but DC failed. 3) Batman should really be a new a guy under the cowl every so often, he is supposed to be the most relatable and human character but he isnt any more, its why I like the Nolan films, he's just a human. He needs help getting his equipment, his body gives out quicker than his spirit, etc.

But yeah I essentially agree with you.

- 1. Yes, i feel that the article was spot on in this regard by saying that the writers and editorial keep trying to hold onto Bruce Wayne instead of moving on.

- We'll have 4 Robins once Damian comes back. That's four ideal potential candidates for Batman along with their children and DC still wants to keep Bruce Wayne as Batman.

- 2. Agreed. I was fine with the joker in most of his stories, but when you give a character a magical skill set and basically make them a god in order to keep using them, that really pisses me off.

- I mean, lets look at DOTF:

- The joker walks into a police station by himself and kills most of the officers in their only armed with a knife and the only thing he had to do was turn off the lights.

- The joker knows where Jason and Kori's island is, when it's in the middle of nowhere, for no reason whatsoever. Yes, that's definitely believable. (sarcasm)

- The joker dropped off the grid for a year and the "Worlds Greatest Detective" couldn't find him.

- The Joker kidnaps Tim from his penthouse in New York. Definitely believable right?(sarcasm).

- The joker has to be standing on an adjacent building when Jason and Isabel land on the roof of her apartment. Really now?

- The joker knows that Nightwing is related to haley's circus, and he knows about Jason's and Tim's father(s). Really?

- The joker just happens to kidnap Barbara Sr. Really?

- The joker's master plan gets foiled by Bruce hitting a water pipe that happened to be above the dinner table? Really? Are you serious DC? So you make this seemingly omniscient character, and you're telling me that he didn't know that there was a water pipe above the table when it's as clear as day? DC must really expect Batman fan to put up with this inane drivel.

- This is all only from DOTF, and there are more illogical things from DOTF that i could point out but i'll end this mini rant here.

- Aside from all of that, you have a villain that has been around for years and is still here. It's clear as day Bruce doesn't have what it takes to eliminate the issue, so are we just going to read repetitive stories in which nothing is ever really solved or accomplished over and over?

- I find it funny that Bruce wants to keep gotham safe, but it hasn't gotten any safer at all. It's clear that the Joker can do whatever, and kill whomever, whenever he wants and that Bruce or the authorities will just put him back in arkham , or worse: he'll fall in the ocean or off a cliff to be seen some time again in the future. Simply wonderful.

- If DC didn't try to make this character some omniscient all powerful illogical villain with a magical skill set, then i wouldn't be having these problems with this character. Yet here we are.

- He was cool in Batman #001 when the joker was just a regular serial killer clown, and in basic stories however, there is a point at which enough is enough and i feel as though DC has crossed this point long ago.

-3. Yes, we already have Richard, Jason, Tim, and Damian (whenever he comes back) , and the rest of Batman Incorporated (unless Morrison decides to remove it's existence once his precious run is over) so i think that there are ideal candidates for Batman in the DCNU.

- It's funny that Bruce has been training four sons to replace him, but whenever we see some semblance of progress towards that, we get a reboot or someone comes back to life.

- However, i do agree with you for the most part as well.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

If Batman goes rouge anyone from the league just slaps him. On the off chance that doesn't work they call Alfred and he sends Mastah Bruce to bed with no dinner.

The Wonder Woman one was such crap! So stupid. I liked Green Lanterns and Manhunter's. Aquaman's was.....interesting. Clark's was dumb and I don't remember Flash's. I think his was might have been dumb too though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sunman said:

Wonder Woman - Maybe an ancient enchanted weapons??

Flash - Something that cut his connection to the Speedforce or make himto beconsumed by it.

Cyborg - Well Batman reverse engineered some Apokoliptian devices to create Brother Eye and is always in touch,with Silas Stone...so he's aware of his upgrades,he knows how to disable Vic or even control his cybernetic parts.

Aquaman - Aquaman has many weakness to explore

Green Lantern - Something like the Cyborg Superman created : the Will Hunters,which are nanites.

Or he justmayhave created apowerdisruptor

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not just douse Wonder Woman in fear gas? His original plan against her was that her will was so extreme she would not stop till her heart gave out, Batman used this against her. Why not just douse her in fear gas? That's alot more simple...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doom ones weren't bad except for GL and WW and Superman

Superman-PREDICTABLE

The Flash-Actually smart.

Green Lantern-Uh, "ICANTBEGLANYMORE IMA JUST SIT AND CRY."

Martian manHunter-Smart and pretty realistic considering his drink was jsut laced with it.

Wonder Woman-K this is where I'm just like..WHY? So pretty much "IMA HAVE WW FIGHT TILL SHE GETS A HEART ATTACK." Wat.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Batman will just use the joker gas on all the Justice League members to keep them all busy.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it ironic that Batman has all of these contingency plans for the worlds greatest heroes, yet he has trouble with a clown.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tohoma

@sandman_ said:

I find it ironic that Batman has all of these contingency plans for the worlds greatest heroes, yet he has trouble with a clown.

Because according to the comics the Joker is to irrational and insane to predict or prepare for compared to the JL whose actions are much easier to predict.

I find it funny how this thread turned into a batbashing thread.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

- This.

@tohoma said:

@sandman_ said:

Because according to the comics the Joker is to irrational and insane to predict or prepare for compared to the JL whose actions are much easier to predict.

- Were you actually surprised that this occurred?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@sandman_ said:

Joker's actions are far too hard to predict.Even Batman doesn't know what to expect from the Joker with each time.While the Justice Leaguers always act the same way.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tohoma

@thejman251 said:
@tohoma said:

@sandman_ said:

More like disappointed. I was hoping for an actual discussion on what the contingency plans were instead of comments such as "Batman fucked up the comic industry" or "Batman shouldn't be able to do the half the stuff comics portray him doing". Honestly I find that batbashing is just as annoying as batfanboyism.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

@thejman251 said:
@tohoma said:

@sandman_ said:

More like disappointed. I was hoping for an actual discussion on what the contingency plans were instead of comments such as "Batman fucked up the comic industry" or "Batman shouldn't be able to do the half the stuff comics portray him doing". Honestly I find that batbashing is just as annoying as batfanboyism.

- I agree. In an ideal environment this would have been an actual discussion on what the contingency plans were. However, Batman probably has the most fanboys and haters of any comic book character, so it is ,in my opinion, almost a reach to plan to go on any Batman related thread without seeing either.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Won't be surprised if they end up being the same exact plans from Tower Of Babel, sans Cyborg.

But seriously, I know those plans are for the greater good if say one of the leaguers comes across a villain that can mind control them.

But sometimes Batman's paranoia can really be annoying, and he's seriously coming off as a creeper. Really, who the fuck spies on a couple while their making out? Not cool Bruce.

Nice one

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@sandman_ said:

Joker's actions are far too hard to predict.Even Batman doesn't know what to expect from the Joker with each time.While the Justice Leaguers always act the same way.

@tohoma said:

@sandman_ said:

I'd agree it would be hard to come up with contingencies plans. But Joker is only human and Batman has experience dealign with him he has some idea of what to expect. Also Bruce doesn't do himself any favors he busts the Joker and than sticks him in Arkham a place that is just a revolving door for criminals. It's just a never ending cycle in Gotham and Batman is just a big cog in the machine

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

they cant be tower of babel because half the team isnt/wasnt there

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this thread is just full of extreme anti-Batman haters.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Batman will never go wrong, His parents death have already sent him to a deep end of no return.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Justice League #20 just showed that Batman contains no plan for Wonder Woman: the case is empty. What do you think is in the case Batman gave to Superman?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know why Batman needed to give Superman a contingency plan for him. If any of the Justice Leaguers wanted to stop Batman they have the superior stats to do so.

Not sure how I feel about the WW box reveal.

Still want to know what is in Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg boxes.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#42  Edited By batmannflash

Yeah it is very intriguing what the other plans are. And exactly what I was thinking, if Batman ever went rogue, the Justice League could just capture him, they don't need some contingency plan. And evidence of his secret ID, good one, I didn't think of that.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jnr6Lil

I'm still confused as to how any supervillain didn't decide to kill Bruce Wayne when he made the Batman, Inc speech.

The Nolan Trilogy capitalized on Batman best. Police are willing to kill Joker, and there's not the unlogical idea of having a child as a sidekick.

bornonamonday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bornonamonday

looks like the New 52 version of "Tower of Babel", which I'm ok with, it's one of my favorite JLA stories

Theroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Theroach

I think the idea behind the plan for superman in justice league doom was targeted on how gullible and trustworthy he is. When metallo was disguice as that man claiming that he was going to jump off the building. Superman didn't use his x-ray vision to see if he was human. He saw a man about to kill him self and his sense of righteous got the better of him. When the "man" shot him it surprise superman. He didn't expect a man who was about to kil himself to point a gun and shoot him. No one would expect that. Superman saw it as a man whos live was at stack and not a potential Trap. I'm sure when batman is ready to stop superman he would do it when he least expect it. He would probably have Lois use kryptonite to kill him.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so this is from the Forever Evil #4 preview:

No Caption Provided

Not very impressive. Batman has plans for Superman and Flash, and he's got nothing for the rest of the Justice League

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By STELIOS23

@deaditegonzo said:

@thejman251 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

- Well, then i hope you would understand why i don't like the Joker. The only reason that he is even still alive is most likely because most of the writers who use him , along with the editorial, can't see past their fanboyism. I won't even elaborate on my numerous other issue with this character.

- I do see where you're coming from, and i do agree on some fronts.

- I honestly could see why a fan would have some hostility towards Batman the way they he is regarded in Comics today. If anything, i think an article about how Bruce wayne ruined comics (or something like that) was posted on the Batman forum and that it goes more in depth into what you're getting at, or at least what i think you're getting at.

- To be quite honest, i don't think Bruce should be in the league at all and i don't see a reason for him being a member besides making DC money, but i'll end this here before i go on a rant.

- To be fair, very few members of the league have a weakness that is as clear as day besides Clark, so i'm not sure what Johns or the editorial will come up with.

- I could see why you would view this as a rehash of other stories however, i personally view this as an attempt to show that Bruce has some shred of competency and common sense which is something that he is severely lacking in his own books.

- I would like to thank Johns for giving him that, but that only goes so far as the cave was still broken into quite easily.

Nice well thought out.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

In a real life situation, those contingencies wouldn't work 90% of the time.

Not even the one Batman made for himself.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He calls the writers and threatens them if he doesn't win

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AbdullahZubair

I think for superman a fear toxin mixed with kryptonite which makes him think he killed every human on the planet so he leaves earth.

Cyborg: A device which is a kill switch for every device on the planet making him power less.

Wonder Woman: The God of War reanimated!!!!!

Flash: A toxin or something which causes him to run otherwise he will die.

Green Lantern: A yellow lantern size of a lunchbox under the control of Batman because BADASSERY. Maybe cause Batty has no fear.

Aquaman:Evaporation!!!!! of the oceans!!!!!( Threats of evaporating the ocean FYI)

Shazam: A tape recorder in which he says Shazam!!!