Should Warner Have Gone With Outsiders Instead Of JLA?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Warner Bros. wants their own Avengers, so making a Justice League film seems like the obvious route to take. But since Marvel has already gone that rout, wouldn't it be wiser for Warner to do something different--like the Outsiders?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Having an all street-level team differentiates Warner from Disney, lowers the cost of the film, and has less of a chance of ruining major franchises. It's also easier to appease Outsiders fans than Justice League fans because Outsiders fans are smaller. You don't have to worry about rabid fanbases like Wonder Woman's or heavily divided ones like Green Lantern's. Plus you get to keep all of that Batman box office if you call it Batan and the Outsiders.

The team is pretty diverse and could spin off their own films that are just as likely to take off as the Justice League ones.

This will never happen, and I nkow I'm posting in the Justice League forum, but please don't flame here. This is for peaceful, respectful dialogue.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Wouldn't this be better for a T.V. show?

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I can definitely see your point of view, but the Justice League is more popular and would take in more of that box office. Non-Batman fans would go wild, seeing that their favorite characters haven't even been shown in other movies. I believe the Justice League was simply the more intelligent decision.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i would enjoy more an outsiders movie but with the nightwing & arsenal team.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman and the Outsiders would be a cool multiplayer Arkham sequel.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Because the JL is an A-list team and should be a priority. And because the team is filled with A-list characters, fans of those characters would get mad if this came to the big screen first.

If you want your Outsiders fix, watch Beware the Batman. They are building up to it.

Also shouldn't you have featured a picture of Metamorpho instead of Green Arrow?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League all day!!!

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13 said:

I always wanted or imagined a cartoon name Batman and The Outsiders thought it would be awesome to see and a cool way to introduce them maybe even over different seasons start introducing and expanding and shifting team leaders.

If you watch Beware the Batman you can see that they are slowly building up to the Outsiders. They already had Katana and Metamorpho is coming in the next episode.

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A cool idea but there needs to be a build up, the creation of the team in the New 52 would help. DC is already raising the profile of some of the characters if spun off and attached to Batman in a quality title which maintains long term success could raise the possibility of a film down the road. A film could allow other characters to be introduced through Batman giving them a greater chance of succes.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

Warner Bros. wants their own Avengers, so making a Justice League film seems like the obvious route to take. But since Marvel has already gone that rout, wouldn't it be wiser for Warner to do something different--like the Outsiders?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Having an all street-level team differentiates Warner from Disney, lowers the cost of the film, and has less of a chance of ruining major franchises. It's also easier to appease Outsiders fans than Justice League fans because Outsiders fans are smaller. You don't have to worry about rabid fanbases like Wonder Woman's or heavily divided ones like Green Lantern's. Plus you get to keep all of that Batman box office if you call it Batan and the Outsiders.

The team is pretty diverse and could spin off their own films that are just as likely to take off as the Justice League ones.

This will never happen, and I nkow I'm posting in the Justice League forum, but please don't flame here. This is for peaceful, respectful dialogue.

Awesome article. The JL is probably the better gambit but i would love if DC did something big with the Outsiders. Sadly, it seems that DC isn't as fond of the team as i'd like.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sinisteri

If DC's only hope is selling everything only on Superman and Batman with DC's rich history and amazing characters, the company is sadly deeper in the downward spiral to hell than anyone can imagine.

Look at the bigger picture-- Marvel probably did not count on the commercial success of Blade. That lesser known character was successful in cinema before X-men. DC has a multitude of characters and money to try some lesser knowns to give a shot and see what sticks to pick up on the audiences' tastes and then build a franchise.

With the books and movies, the problem has never been the characters who have proven their viability-- it is the writers happy to play with the characters but not able to simple write good, solid stories. The creators of the characters did. That's how it all started.

I would like for the writers to stop trying to make the characters their own as if the characters are broken, and for the writers to create good stories around the characters-- key with established characters is to create interesting situations and supporting characters. If supporting character is dynamic enough, then you have a breakout new character to develop-- not a "new" character which is sadly just a changed older character.

The next generation deserves better than "new and improved". The next generation deserves their own brand new heroes.