Imo i thought it was really cool

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I wouldn't have a problem with it, while I'm not a SJW , not every male Robin has to have black hair and blue eyes.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Rosenovel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One notable thing about Jason Todd is that even now most of the fanart and fanfiction including Jason Todd still depict him with that white streak. That to me is a sign that if nothing else Jason Todd fans really liked that depiction of him. It also would be a really easy thing to bring back, they would just have to say that he has been dying his hair black since he came back to life and when he stopped the white streak appeared again. Or have him dye the white streak in I don't think fans would care either way. Personally I would really like it if the white streak returned. It'd be a nice call back to pre52 jay without any of the probmatic elements.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always looked cool, but it's not necessary for him to have it. White streak or not, he still is like a copy of Bruce and Bat-family boys.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

I thought the white streak was cool and kind of sexy. It would be cool if they brought it back, but I dont think they will.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Yeah, it made him stand out, from the rest of the Robins.

Avatar image for dark_tzitzimine
Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will never understand the fixation on the streak when it only showed for a couple of pages on Hush. And then until the tranwreck that was Morrison's Red Hood.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will never understand the fixation on the streak when it only showed for a couple of pages on Hush. And then until the tranwreck that was Morrison's Red Hood.

Which included over a year's worth of appearances in various comics, including Batman Under the Hood, where the character made his introduction. So it's not as if it only turned up once and then was never seen or mentioned again. Not really hard to see why people would like it.

For my money I could go either way with it. Makes him stand out visually from the others, but it isn't absolutely necessary.

EverMuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Lelanka said:

It always looked cool, but it's not necessary for him to have it. White streak or not, he still is like a copy of Bruce and Bat-family boys.

what are you talking about?!

Jason's the black sheep of the family and the robin's none of the other's trust.

• Dick's an insanely positive half-glass full ex circus kid.
  • Tim's an Ocd over-achiever who tries to be effective at everything and a hacker who talked his way in.
  • While Damian's a spoiled would-be-dictator turned robin, with that whole pompous noblesse oblige thing in his every attitude.

Jason's the complete opposite of all of them!
He grew up homeless on the streets of crime alley as a little kid, watched his mom overdose while trying to take care of her and fought for survival on the streets by himself before Bats picked him up.
And he's the most rebellious person in the bat family.
How is any of that a copy of bruce and the rest ??????
(You can't see me but i'm squinting at you. Squinting.)

Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dark_Tzitzimine

@dark_tzitzimine said:

Which included over a year's worth of appearances in various comics, including Batman Under the Hood, where the character made his introduction. So it's not as if it only turned up once and then was never seen or mentioned again. Not really hard to see why people would like it.

For my money I could go either way with it. Makes him stand out visually from the others, but it isn't absolutely necessary.

The hell are you talking about?

The white streak never showed up in Under the Red Hood. He always had a full hair of black hair there. Lost Days? Black Hair Countdown? Black Hair, Battle for the Cowl? Black Hair, Nightwing? Black Hair, Green Arrow? Black Hair, Robin? Black Hair. Even the Batman Annual where explain his resurrection has him with black hair, the white streak only appearing in the pages lifted directly from Hush.

In comparison the white streak only showed up in the final pages of Batman 617 and then in Batman 618, both parts of Hush. And finally in Revenge of the Red Hood.

So yeah, the white streak only showed up once and then it wasn't talked about in years.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:
@dark_tzitzimine said:

The white streak never showed up in Under the Red Hood. He always had a full hair of black hair there. Lost Days? Black Hair Countdown? Black Hair, Battle for the Cowl? Black Hair, Nightwing? Black Hair, Green Arrow? Black Hair, Robin? Black Hair. Even the Batman Annual where explain his resurrection has him with black hair, the white streak only appearing in the pages lifted directly from Hush.

In comparison the white streak only showed up in the final pages of Batman 617 and then in Batman 618, both parts of Hush. And finally in Revenge of the Red Hood.

So yeah, the white streak only showed up once and then it wasn't talked about in years.

LOL are you serious? Unless you're talking about the film, yes Jason Todd was shown to have a white streak in Under the Hood.

No Caption Provided

So no, it didn't only show up once and then never again. However, you are right that there are plenty of times it didn't show up afterwards. It was in the initial Red Hood story however.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aahz

@nathaniel_christopher: That scan is from Batman Annual #25, and the white streak only appeared in the pages that referenced Hush. In the main story of Under the Hood and for the majority of the Annual his hair was black.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evermuse said:

And he's the most rebellious person in the bat family.

Unfortunatly Damian is defintally written more rebellious than Jason when the Robins are all in the same book.

And I think Lelanka meant that i makes him visually stand out, since they often look quite similar when drawn by the same artist. Imo they should have given Jason hair style from Medris run and Tim the longer hair he had in the end of the old continuity. (Dicks mullet or ponytail are of course also options)

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lelanka

@evermuse: I love Jason Todd even though it could seem I think about him only as of a copy, but I forgot to add that I meant his New 52 version which really sucks in my opinion. Though it's successful anyway. Many fans (mostly girls, who wouldn't like this puppy right?) loved him before, but New 52 showed typical "bad boy" side of him and changed his original character too much and everyone reasonable knows it yet there are many fans of it. I know! Everyone has different opinions but sometimes despite trying to stop hating it, you just can't and that's unfortunately my case.

In New 52 he actually switches role a bit, or just becomes a bit too much similar to Dick. Better relationship with Tim (I don't really mind them as bigger friends together than before), had Starfire and Arsenal as his friends (Starfire Dick's ex, Arsenal his friend), Jay and Babs (that was too much)... you know what I'm talking about. I saw you read all the content from New 52. Rebirth is Jason's last chance though it seems it's divided to two camps. One camp is full of love for Jay and the second camp hates him because fans talk about him lately so much.

Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dark_Tzitzimine

@dark_tzitzimine said:
@dark_tzitzimine said:

LOL are you serious? Unless you're talking about the film, yes Jason Todd was shown to have a white streak in Under the Hood.

No Caption Provided

So no, it didn't only show up once and then never again. However, you are right that there are plenty of times it didn't show up afterwards. It was in the initial Red Hood story however.

That is from the annual.

This is how Jason looked in UtRH proper

No Caption Provided

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_tzitzimine said:
@dark_tzitzimine said:
@dark_tzitzimine said:

No Caption Provided

That is from the annual.

This is how Jason looked in UtRH proper

No Caption Provided

@aahz And the Annual is a part of the Under the Hood story arc, hence it being in the collected edition. It literally tells the entire backstory for the arc lol. So again, the white streak did appear during the storyline. Whether it was when he actually fought Batman or not doesn't change that.

EverMuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EverMuse

@Lelanka It's cool fans have different opinions sometimes, it's what makes the comics so diverse ^ ^

Personally i liked the new 52 as it brought jay to a new audience who previously barely knew him (my lil cousin 4 example, god that was frustrating) and also I like the chapters on 'The Never-ending date' when he's with that air hostess and then he and the gang get abducted by aliens and she's just like O.o

Stuck there for the entire story arc.

I laughed a lot during that.

Still doesn't have the same grit of the earlier jay todd works of course :

But you know i think it's better than pigeon holing him as a basic angst 'baddie' that lazy writers'll take at face value.
I prefer him to actually have a nuanced balance between 'i want to destroy everything' and '...he took me away' so this is probably the easiest way to achieve it. He's been so badly mishandled before. I don't think Rebirth is his Last chance ever though - I will never give up on Jason! Character's got such potential XD no matter how much they screw up.

ANYWAYYYS

-on topic.

I prefer him with the silver streak, it was hot! \(>//v//<)/

And also a constant passive plot device / a reminder whenever he was talking to the bats.

I think it was a good instrument, don't know why they got rid of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like him better without the white streak, but either way I'm down with it. Jason's stories need to get better though. Like with Under the Red Hood. That's the kind of quality that needs to be brought back. Hopefully in Rebirth, they fix it.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I dug it. It's not like it's a pivotal story changer if he has it or not though.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rather them bring back his anti-Batman streak.

SpentShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spentshrimp: No Azrael was was crazy and Todd has legit reasons to dislike Batman.

SpentShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I'd rather him go out on his own and not have to be obsessed with Batman. Just let Jason Todd be Jason Todd. Not Anti-Batman or whatever.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I'd rather him go out on his own and not have to be obsessed with Batman. Just let Jason Todd be Jason Todd. Not Anti-Batman or whatever.

Jason Todd's Anti-Batman sentiment is being Jason Todd IMO. It's a pretty significant part of his character. Something that's great and it's another great element to separate him from the other Robins. Also just because he has a Anti-Batman sentiment doesn't mean he's not going out on his own. In fact it's more likely he will go on his own. Unlike when he doesn't have the Anti-Batman sentiment he's always brought back into the fold as one of his agents.

Honestly without the Anti-Batman sentiment I'm less inclined to think he should have remain back from the dead.

Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Anti-Batman sentiment was fine for an arc or two but right now has overstayed its welcome. Lobdell (and editorial) decision to get rid of that is the best choice they could've taken with the character.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of two times the character was interesting and served a purpose.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jason should go back to being the angry red headed step child from Morrisons B&R

Dark_Tzitzimine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_tzitzimine said:

One of two times the character was interesting and served a purpose.

Nah. It was just a mere plot device and mouth piece for Morrison's views on the anti hero concept. Lobdell's take on the whole phone poll in RH/A was a lot better handled.

SpentShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@spentshrimp said:

Jason Todd's Anti-Batman sentiment is being Jason Todd IMO. It's a pretty significant part of his character. Something that's great and it's another great element to separate him from the other Robins. Also just because he has a Anti-Batman sentiment doesn't mean he's not going out on his own. In fact it's more likely he will go on his own. Unlike when he doesn't have the Anti-Batman sentiment he's always brought back into the fold as one of his agents.

Honestly without the Anti-Batman sentiment I'm less inclined to think he should have remain back from the dead.

Except Morrison just rehashed what Jason did in Battle For The Cowl. It wasn't all that great in the grand scheme of things. It was the exact same thing Jason did in UtRH and BftC. Jason shows up to show how he can do better than Batman, and then tries to throw it in Batman or Dick Grayson's face. It's fine at first, but not another two times after that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@spentshrimp said:

Except Morrison just rehashed what Jason did in Battle For The Cowl. It wasn't all that great in the grand scheme of things. It was the exact same thing Jason did in UtRH and BftC. Jason shows up to show how he can do better than Batman, and then tries to throw it in Batman or Dick Grayson's face. It's fine at first, but not another two times after that.

One medicor story doesn't ruin a superior character concept nor two other stories with writers who don't explore. Further more his anti-Batman sentiment began before Battle for the Cowl. The fact is there is a universe full of stories they can do with a Jason Todd who has a grudge against Batman. More so even that you could if he was in favor of Batman because he won't be just another ex Robin except with guns.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason should go back to being the angry red headed step child from Morrisons B&R

I'd also be fine with him having red hair, because Batman having a team of kids from different backgrounds that all physically look alike is weird in general. Too late for that now though.

BibbyBoxx2219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind him having a white streak, it differentiates him from all the other Robins. Either that or he could get some sort of cool hipster haricut.