User Lists: 0

It will probably be shit.

Paste_Pot_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The sequel sounds awesome! The show... not so much.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cool news

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Ungrateful ass kids here. Be appreciative Marvel even made this show. Quit whining like a bunch of prepubescent school girls & be grateful. It looks promising i'm optimistic

Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myfavoriteviltrumite23: @madeinbangladesh: I didn't say you have to like it, but it doesn't change the fact that Disney isn't making them for you, me, or any other comic reader.

It doesn't matter if Disney isn't making them for me or some comic reader if this wasn't a Marvel show I would still dislike them because they treat the target audience like morons and have a lot of elemnts that make a bad cartoon show. Subpar writing, trite dailgouge, hollow jokes, annoying characters, bland fight choegraphy, bad animation ( AA and Hulk Agents of Smash, ultimate spiderman animation is good), bland character designs ( admittedly I do prefer stylized cartoons) and forced morels. They are bad shows and kids( you know the target audience) deserved much better then want Loeb is giving to them

Bad_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Isn't that just them from Ultimate Spider-Man?

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myfavoriteviltrumite23: That's funny, my 7 year old son and his friends have no problem with them. Again, target audience.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I like the promo art for the animated show. Looks more like the DnA Guardians.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who hates star Lord' s look in the show?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@namor1987: how does it look promising when we haven't seen anything from it at all? (That's just a screenshot from Ultimate Spider-Man)

And people have every right to be pessimistic when a chunk of them have been less than impressed with Marvel recent ventures into animation. Just because this show is something that Marvel wouldn't have attempted until they figured out they could make money off of them doesn't mean we have to automatically be grateful. I'm going to be optimistic as well and give the show a chance as well but it's not exactly fair to tell people that they should be quiet and just swallow the latest installment in a group of cartoons that have disappointed them greatly.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Can't wait for the movie. I don't have much faith in the show due to Marvels less than stellar track record with their animated tv shows (with the occansional exception like Spectacular Spider Man or Earths mightiest heroes).

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@xwraith said:

I want this to be good, but with Jeph Loeb and his belief that "kids aren't smart enough to appreciate quality storytelling", I doubt it.

Which is the reason why Avengers EMH was canceled in the first place :/

Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: Good for your sons but in my opinion as an animation fan the shows Marvel has been putting out has been sub par and me not being in the target audience is not a good excuse

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay I'm as interested in the Guardians just as much as the next guy but this is getting ridiculous has anyone heard what went down at the Marvel Video Game panel. They announced 1 new mobile fighting game, a new temple run like game with spider-man....EVERYTHING else had GotG forced into it. Xbox Avatar Outfits, Minecraft Skins, Avengers Alliance with GotG, Marvel Pinball with new GotG board. They are going over board with Guardians.

KouNurasaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myfavoriteviltrumite23:

That is a good post. Batman: The Brave and the Bold was a really good example, because even though it was obviously kiddy, it still adhered very well to the overall Batman and DC mythos.

@captainhoopla:

Also, if you go back to the old X-men and Spider-man animated series' in the 90's, they were obviously Saturday morning cartoon shows, but those were the shows that got me interested in comics in the first place. Just because they are aimed at kids, doesn't mean they have to be offputting like Ultimate Spider-man and Agents of SMASH.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Winter_Kills

@madeinbangladesh said:

The animated series is gonna suck just like all the other ones.

Well aren't you mister positive.
Well aren't you mister positive.

I definitely want to be positive about it. Guardians kinda has that rag-tag off-the-wall feel that might make it work better than Hulk Agents of SMASH & shows like that. I actually liked Avengers: EMH(had lots of cool Cap, Hawkeye & Winter Soldier moments), it wasn't until they switched it to Avengers Assemble I was disappointed.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be bad sadly :(

You said it. Marvel doesn't know what the hell they're doing with Animation these days. Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Hulk and the Agents of Smash are so unwatchable that I honestly believe its hurting their brand name. Disney is to blame for all of the kid marketing. I mean, Ultimate Spider-Man is too immature for even the 8 and above crowd.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

not really interested in this i guess. I am a bit annoyed with the over saturation go the guardians line but hey if this means we are gonna get an accurate portrayal of the Inhumans and their king i guess il take it.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

This would be great news if Marvel cartoons didn't constantly suck nowadays.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@madeinbangladesh said:

The animated series is gonna suck just like all the other ones.

Truer worlds have never been posted.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WheatStalker

Disney owns ABC, bring the animated show there, Saturday mornings, and make it good. More of us will watch.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this push Marvel is giving GotG and DC can't even put out a comic about Vril Dox and his LEGION!!!??!!

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit!!!! I want Cosmos, Phyla and Mantis back. And Jack Flagg and Bug!!!!

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after young justice got cancelled i lost all hope for comic animated tv shows. that bing said, i'm glad the guardians made it to a point where they can have their own series. still not gon watch it tho...

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But no x-men cartoon? :/

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

The art is cool. Hope they change the way they draw rocket tho.

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hortondrawsawho: it most likely is and loeb is still the head of marvels animation division so yeah

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Marvel must be happy with Guardians of the Galaxy to give them a sequel already

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I like the animation style a lot, something I haven't been able to say of almost any of the Marvel stuff for at least ten years.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No new X-Men animated series, huh?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. Marvel is really doing great at promoting their characters.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

The series almost has that Aeon Flux animated style. I can't wait for this one.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am Groot!

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

"meh"

I'll check it out if it's worth staying on track by week but hopefully it won't get the "C" card like so many other amazing animated series for the passed couple of years.

Gundale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Gundale

Now I wish Disney had bought DC kinda, I Love DC animated movies, but I still want some cool shows off my favorite New 52 heroes, not like Teen Titans GO! I don't have Disney XD and I don't have money for Disney XD, and I don't like Guardians, I like Superior Spiderman, who has been killed off, cause Marvel hate's making TOO much money, but hey, ain't none of my business.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Koays

Uh huh....i'm just gonna sit here and wait for the show to be good as Avenger EMH (then get canceled) or bad as Ultimate Spider-man(then never die). ....Yup just gonna sit here

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't really follow any animated superhero show, so I'm just ecstatic over the sequel being announced. I cannot wait, there is so much left to be played with.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the series are gonna have ANY resemblance to Ult. Spider-man, it is going to be a Massive Piece of Shit. Otherwise, this could actually be good...

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh:

Oh my god it doesn't matter that you hate the reasoning. Young Justice is/was written for an older child audience. The new Marvel shows are written for 6 year olds. OF COURSE YOU"RE NOT GOING TO LIKE IT. How many showsspecifically written for little kids do you find engaging?

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gather that everyone have seen the actual test footage for the upcoming show by now. So no need to post the Youtube-link or promo poster here?

The test reel was a bit rough at parts but if they keep the style I'm in atlest for the first couple of episodes despite my reservations for Groot's upcoming look.