Is Johnny Blaze a joke now?

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ever since Aaron's run ended it's felt like Blaze and Ketch haven't gotten the best of treatments. Ketch has pretty much up and disappeared and Blaze..well let's just look into it

• He got his hellfire sucked out by DD in Shadowland
  • They made his character seem as if he was annoying or talked a lot like Deadpool when encountering other characters like Hawkeye
  • They had him pass out giving Venom the PS because it was "too much sin"..really?
  • Leader apparently knows words to transform Blaze out of GR and caused him to get killed

just to name a few. It's like he went from being a formidable character in Aaron's run to a walking PIS wherever he goes now. Perhaps the better thing to say would be that he feels like he's become another one of those characters who is just inconsistent in his appearances

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I thought Venom was immune to the PS because the Symbiote has no soul...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I thought Venom was immune to the PS because the Symbiote has no soul...

he is

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kgb725
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ghost Rider has never ever had a decently good run. Sure the 90's run had it's moments but even that got convoluted and didn't hold up as well over time. I love the character but he just needs an awesome creative team to make a good book for him. The Garth Ennis run was one of the worst written comics I have read in while. The Daniel Way series was arguably the best one so far. Even the silver age stories were pretty lame for the most part.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"never ever"..Nah, Jason Aaron's run was the last good run on GR

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would guess is Aaron made him too powerful and his powers are too much of an autowin. Ghost Rider has always been powerful mainly thanks to durability, but Aaron retconned Ghost Rider by saying only weapons specifically from the Christian heaven can hurt him and by saying Ghost Rider is as powerful has he wants to be including on par with if not surpassing hell-lords. The penance stare is too much of an autowin so you have to find ways around it.

In short, you have an impossible to harm character that can have any powers he wants when he wants. Such a character is impossible to write so to make a story interesting you have to keep throwing in weaknesses, spells or weapons that take him out.