Your thoughts on the Nintendo Switch?

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you think? I personally like it.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a GameCube.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I bought a Wii U and pretty much all of the games for it so I'm getting BTFO.

Glad other people are liking it, though... :,(

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they would drop all the gimmicks, acknowledge MSFT & Sony are their competitors, actually try, and just make a great console. Example N64 or Gamecube. None the less, I only support these people for Smash & Zelda. So it's like "Eh."

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonez_

@king_krown said:

I wish they would drop all the gimmicks, acknowledge MSFT & Sony are their competitors, actually try, and just make a great console. Example N64 or Gamecube. None the less, I only support these people for Smash & Zelda. So it's like "Eh."

The only way for them to stay in the console game is for them to offer something different and appeal to a separate audience, which is exactly what they're trying to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shall reserve my thoughts till January 12.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_: They hands down have the most exclusives games,(IMO) their titles can please a variety of gamer types, Casual or hardcore, of all ages. All they have to do is try. Where else are we going to get Zelda,Smash,Mario,Metroid,etc? I very much could be wrong, but it just seems like their focus is trying make a gimmick work,which hasn't since the Wii.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks OK. Still a lot of problems that may come to fruition. For example, what's this things battery life going to look like? Also, yeah it has a bunch of third parties supporting it, but so did the Wii U. Look how that turned out. Also, what does this mean for the future of games like Pokemon & Fire Emblem? It would be weird to have a mobile main console and then a DS. Plus the controllers look super small. Need more info, but I'm more skeptical than hyped.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

TLDR?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It basically makes their handheld consoles and the Wii U obsolete. I wonder if they will truly have third party support this time and will they stick around for more than two years? I guess that depends on how well the Switch sells, huh? I think it's cool but not enough to convince me to buy it over a Xbox 1, PS4, 2DS, pc, etc. Basically everything else. I mean if I wanted to have a handheld mobile console, I'd get a cheap $70 2DS and I already play on a Xbox 1. So I don't really have the need or enough desire to get one.

But I guess that's the appeal with the Switch. It's an all in one thing with some power. But the question is will it succeed and at the price point they sell (whatever it is or will be)? Will the Switch draw people in and be enough for people?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It basically makes their handheld consoles and the Wii U obsolete. I wonder if they will truly have third party support this time and will they stick around for more than two years? I guess that depends on how well the Switch sells, huh? I think it's cool but not enough to convince me to buy it over a Xbox 1, PS4, 2DS, pc, etc. Basically everything else. I mean if I wanted to have a handheld mobile console, I'd get a cheap $70 2DS and I already play on a Xbox 1. So I don't really have the need or enough desire to get one.

But I guess that's the appeal with the Switch. It's an all in one thing with some power. But the question is will it succeed and at the price point they sell (whatever it is or will be)? Will the Switch draw people in and be enough for people?

lol why not 3ds the price or personal preference

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still better than the Wii U

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zaied

Waiting for PS5. Skeptical about Switch's battery life and lasting third party support.

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:
@silkyballfro94 said:

lol why not 3ds the price or personal preference

honestly i think it could be solid. one thing that could be very great with it, and help their numbers is, with the big screen, is streaming capabilities.

being portable with games is going to be good like it always is I'm sure. nintendo has always taken their spin on handhelds pretty seriously, so if they are going to potentially damage their OWN market of the 3DS/2DS(which lets face it, with the PSVita flop, the 3DS is one of the only solid handheld consoles) they will most likely make it a very serious project. But with more 3rd party support(hopefully done right) and adding a great way to have portable streaming as well would be amazing.

i usually stream on my phone or tablet, but id be much nicer to be able to stream on the switch(with the kick stand) switch to games instantly and then be able to walk inside and continue on my TV.

it'll make somethings more enjoyable, Like sitting on the patio on a nice day, or taking my dogs out back or having friends over and not being limited to having 10+ people crowd into my living room to play smash or CoD.

the biggest thing for me will be the battery life. this will be the big make or break it feature. if the battery lasts for 2 hours without being docked? ill probably return it the same day i buy it, BUT if they could somehow, say, produce a 12-24+ hour batter life on it? that would be absolutely amazing

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chair-Sama

@jonez_ said:
@king_krown said:

The only way for them to stay in the console game is for them to offer something different and appeal to a separate audience, which is exactly what they're trying to do.

let me stop you right there.

as long as nintendo basically holds the rights to pokemon and mario games, they wil ALWAYS be in the console game.

period. (not saying they are thriving or much competition for PS/Xbox, but they are not going anywhere anytime soon)

Even to this day, every single pokemon gameboy/DS game they have produced sell well into the 10-15millions on their LOW end for the most recent installments, with some of the random Wii/GC/N64 games selling 2m+

and the big thing to consider, imagine with 15m sales of X/Y? that means theres ~ 15m 3ds/2ds sold to play it on as well. which doesnt sound like a lot but, with being a company exclusive, this means 100% of the profits for those consoles go to them. this is important when compared to games like GTA, where as GTA has sold 65 million copies, but thats split between Xbox360/PS3/xbox1/PS4/ PC. meaning the console side of the profit is split basically 3 ways, on top of the actual game profit going to mostly rockstar. so while theres 65million copies sold, only 40-45m of them have been for consoles(and that being split even further by Xbox360/1 and PS3/4) with almost 30m copies being sold for PC, meaning sony literally gets zero profit from those sales(where as microsoft gets some)

there are people who will spend 70-300$ just to play the pokemon games on a new DS , and people who will drop 100-200$ just for a wii for smash bros/mario kart. they are great games that double as a childs game for any situation where you have a child involved and don't want to have games like GTA playing. games like these are why nintendo will always be around, unless somehow microsoft or sony can get a good step into the portables/kids game market.

even the pokemon spin-off games, like pinball and mystery dungeons, have all sold well into 1-2million minimum each.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and this is ONLY one franchise(not even their most profitable total so far) that they have exclusively, and in total sales and revenue its still Surpasses GTA.

im not saying they are better then Xbox/PS or anything, but when it comes to consoles, while their profits arnt as big, and they don't have as many sales, they managed to literally grab 2-4 exclusive franchises that have managed to keep themselves as one of the largest video game companies in the world for going on almost 3 decades. they've grabbed the Niche of Young/teenage kids, family friendly and Rated E/T games and held it in a deathgrip.

if anything, no matter what happens with the Switch, they will still have the 2ds/3ds and the Wii they can fall back on to keep their company going forward. To be honest they are in a better position to test out the gimmicks then companies like PS(did you see the vita? it flopped and they literally dropped it and haven't looked back it seems).

if it fails? move on, if it doesnt? they will be reaping in the Extra profits on top of everything.

obviously for any serious gamer, PS/Xbox obviously are the better choice and won't even feel any pressure even if the switch does do good,

but for everybody else? casual gamers, parents, young kids, ETC would potentially love this and could be a big hit.

but thats just my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2: Both price and preference. I don't like the 3D and I never used it when I played on my little brother's 3DS. I think it's just a gimmick. But the good thing about the 3DS is it's ability to fold. The $70 2DS can't do that and is bigger.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: alrighty then, i've always loved the 3d function although on some games it wasn't so good

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bump because it's relevant now.

It's online service lost me..

It's battery life lost me..

And it's lack of games at launch.....lost me.

SirZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SirZero

Yes,that is true. :)

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DarthAznable

Might preorder. Just for Nintendo games. Don't care about battery because I'll hardly ever undock it. Online service I heard was pretty cheap, sub $10, so if it's good then who cares. Unless you're broke.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many gimmicks. Not enough good games right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pick it up after I finish my backlog. This thing has more games I want in the first year than the Xbox One and PS4 combined gave me in 3. Finally a next gen console that's actually worth something. My only worry is that it goes the way of the Wii U and just dies a year in, but I'm hoping not.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thekillerklok

Eh... I'll wait patiently and swoop one up cheap second hand.

I only care about zelda so...

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how that next Smash game will be!

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You're thoughts on the Nintendo Switch?"

No, I'm Patrick!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gracetrack

Super stoked. Overall, I really like what I've seen and will be getting it day one. And that first year launch line-up is perhaps the best I've ever seen for any console.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really sure how I feel about it. Haven't been really following to be honest. Is this another gimmicky system like the Wii's? Does this system provide other entertainment needs like SONY and Microsoft provide in addition to gaming? How's the third party support? Online gaming?

This only thing I do know is that Breath of the Wild looks AMAZING

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing compare to PS4 pro

Vector_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vector_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems interesting, but I'm sure that their competition will pull something similar or something better that might make it obsolete. Microsoft and Sony might even get next-gen games early before the nintendo switch, which worries me a bit. Hopefully, the switch pulls through and makes good use of what it's got.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really sure how I feel about it. Haven't been really following to be honest. Is this another gimmicky system like the Wii's? Does this system provide other entertainment needs like SONY and Microsoft provide in addition to gaming? How's the third party support? Online gaming?

This only thing I do know is that Breath of the Wild looks AMAZING

The system does feature Wii-like motion controls (which i suspect is why it costs as much as it does). They spent way too long hyping it up at the presentation. It will feature some new kind of rumble that is supposed to provide some kind of precise feedback like feeling the difference between one and two balls bouncing around in your controller.

It will probably have the standard Netflix/Youtube/Amazon apps, but no movie rental/purchase system or music service. No blu-ray/DVD since it doesn't have a optical drive.

The third party support is supposedly decent, but Nintendo said the same thing about the Wii U. Only a few 3rd party games have been shown and some were just short cinematic teasers with no gameplay footage. Nintendo claims that 80 games are development, but take that as you will because games get cancelled all the time. I would bet that Japanese devs will support it for sure, but American and European devs are unsure since the Wii U and 3ds libraries are made mostly of Japanese games.

Nintendo is implementing a PS+/XboxGold style subscription system for online gaming. No price had yet been announced but you get to play a NES or SNES game free for a month (unlike PS+ or Gold, you don't get to keep the free games)

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks dumb

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers