Your opinion on the end of the Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers!)

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Okay, so I've seen many reviews of this film and a popular opinion going around is that Nolan left this open ended and that when Alfred is looking across the room at Bruce, it is merely Alfred wishing or daydreaming of what he wants to be there.

In my opinion I think that's just not true, and that Bruce survived because he's...you know, because he's Batman.

What is your opinion on how the ending was, and do you wish that Bruce was actually killed in the blast

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I hope that Bruce had his happily ever after. But I like that Christopher Nolan kind of made us pick our own ending. I also loved that Blake is the new vigilante for Gotham, which I think he will become the new Batman

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HBKTimHBK

There just doesn't seem to be enough proof to disprove Bruce's survival

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@haydenclaireheroes: Or Robin...that was weird to me.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I liked it, I'm okay when the movies aren't 100% like the comics. And..we knew going in this was the end of the trilogy, so it did HAVE to have a "final" feel to it. 

That said, I want the re-boot to be truer to the comics. This was a great ride by Mr. Nolan, but \I think the public will approve of the Batman that we see in his comics.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IfDCRuledTheWorld

I liked it. Bruce survived and will live happily ever after with Selina. Bruce fixed the auto-pilot so he wasn't in the Bat-wing thing. Wished that after the credits it showed what Blake was going to do with the Batcave. Other than that, a wonderful movie.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twentyfive

Batman died. Robin is going to take over as Nightwing. Which is cool as fudge. Having said that, it is sad that Batman had to die by the hands of someone other than the Joker (because Heath himself is dead, though).

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

I loved it. Thought it was perfect.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Chaos Burn

I liked it, I was suprised Nolan left it so... happy? After Inception and Prestige, I kinda was expecting some massive cliff hanger, but it tied things up nicely

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I expected a rather sad but powerful ending, but I enjoyed leaving the theater with a smile on my face.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By kidchipotle

Best movie ending in history.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I really need a logical explanation why people think Bruce is dead...

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Zomboid

I loved it. I almost cried when Alfred was at Bruce's grave. That scene was so powerful to me. I liked the twist with John Blake being Robin as well. I can understand why some didn't like it, but I felt it gave Blake's character a closer sense of connection to the character of Bruce/Batman. I also love that it got the point across that anyone can be Batman with the right motivation, because he's a symbol and not a man, which I think was the meaning of showing Robin taking over the cowl. I also liked that Bruce received an unexpected and happy ending, but I would have been fine with him dying too.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I rather liked it. I would have liked it if Blake's name was Jason Todd, but I still liked it.

I still don't see how anybody can actually think that Bruce is dead.

sohanlon07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sohanlon07

There is no doubt that Bruce is alive. My biggest issue was the fall of Wayne's company and his fortune. Thought that was ridiculous. Some of the film really annoyed me. The injuries for example. Why did he not see a doctor sooner? Where they really that bad at the end of TDK? The fact that everything was sorted out very quickly in the end. That Batman essentially only had three significant outings in his career as a vigilante. There was no need to call Blake Robin. I would happily have accepted him as taking over as Batman even though he is not really an established character in other Batman media. I'm glad Bruce lived. I hope he had some personal fortune left (which I guess he had) to live on with Selina Kyle. I have no issue with the passing of the mantle or a new trilogy with Blake as Batman either, in fact I think it could be really good.Turning the mansion into an orphanage was a nice touch but could cause some serious logistical issues for Blake. I actually hope they do have a Blake film come to think of it. Though he will need an income. Did Bruce leave him money too? Am I reading into this too much?

mbembet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mbembet

Thank you Mr.Nolan and all the cast and crew for making one of the greatest trilogy of all time

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Band Lone

I thought the ending was great. And BTW I think Alfred would of picture Bruce with Talia rather than with Catwoman so I think it was no day dream.

Blake has the NAME Robin so the name of the mantel would be too obvious for him to choose that. I think he would be Nightwing. Why not Batman? Because if you notice Batman became symbol again and a new Batman could end up in controversy. If I was Blake I would use a new mantel not to stain the Batman symbol. Plus too many know that Batman was Bruce Wayne.. All of Bane's toughs, gordon, catwoman, talia, Blake himself, alfred, fox and probably all of gotham after taking the tumblrs from Wayne enterprises.

So a new name be better. Also No one would think an Orphanage to be where the batcave is..

Good film, good trilogy.. I will admit the dark knight still my favorite of the three. I like the Joker above Bane tbh.. I think because of the sick humor XD

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OldManDuncan

Meh. Too corny for my taste.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

It was great, but wasn't the best ending ever like some people claimed.

Mycroftian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mycroftian

@Glitch_Spawn: I don't remember the scene perfectly. Tell me, was there a shot of Batman in the Bat after he blew up that building? I think the confusion caused by the explosion would have made a perfect moment for him to escape without being too close to the nuke. If he's shown at the controls after that, then I couldn't give you a decent answer as to how he escaped, but the auto-pilot and Alfred scenes are definitely meant to show that he's alive. Otherwise, they would be extremely pointless and misleading.

Maybe Bruce Wayne wasn't even in the plane in the first place! Maybe it was

Edit: Also, I loved the ending. Had a good sense of closure, and worked perfectly with the "Batman as an idea" theme

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By karetaker

batman cant just go to Italy or wherever and vacation with cat woman. he has not completed his mission and until he does he cant just stop being the bat. and his mission cant be completed so he either has to die in the bat suite or pass the torch. i liked the movie though but his goal was to save /clean up Gotham and he just left after a period of extreme turmoil. it doesn't seem very batman to me

giovannile07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By giovannile07

@Zomboid said:

I loved it. I almost cried when Alfred was at Bruce's grave. That scene was so powerful to me. I liked the twist with John Blake being Robin as well. I can understand why some didn't like it, but I felt it gave Blake's character a closer sense of connection to the character of Bruce/Batman. I also love that it got the point across that anyone can be Batman with the right motivation, because he's a symbol and not a man, which I think was the meaning of showing Robin taking over the cowl. I also liked that Bruce received an unexpected and happy ending, but I would have been fine with him dying too.

That's a good point that Batman would be considered a symbol rather based on the man and with the right motivation someone can be him. I wonder though... Where is he going to get his training from, especially his martial arts, as far as I know from the movie it doesn't seem like he knows much beyond what he has learned as being a police.

My friend brought an interesting point, he said that he thought it would have been interesting if they showed the scene where Alfred tried seeing if Bruce was there and before they actually show Bruce Wayne, cut it off and leave a cliffhanger. That would probably cause a lot of commotion and debate haha. I like how it ended, but I feel like can't he really escape society, I mean he's Bruce Wayne, he's pretty well known, someone is bound to figure out who he is.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

Anyone who thinks TDKR's ending is "ambiguous" didn't pay attention.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dhor

i would like a reboot with more of a comic feel to it, BUT it would be great if they used Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Bruce wayne/batman. i would be as X-men first class sort of thing reboot but with the use of some futage of the old series. And i would be great if they started with a villan more fantasy like Freeze, clayface or killer Croc (althou after ASM they sould not use this guy anytime soon.