Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TSciallsolle3451

Poll Your general perception of Pokemon vs Digimon in terms of quality (39 votes)

Pokemon is better than Digimon in both games and anime 38%
Pokemon games are better than Digimon games, but Pokemon anime is inferior to Digimon anime 46%
Pokemon games are inferior to Digimon games, but Pokemon anime is better than Digimon anime 0%
Pokemon is inferior to Digimon in both games and anime 5%
I do not have enough information to decide either way 10%

Well, undoubtedly Pokemon is more popular than Digimon, no question about it.

But what is your perception of the quality of the writing of Pokemon anime, versus that of Digimon anime?

What is your perception of the game design of Pokemon video games, versus that of Digimon video games?

Discuss.

• 
kurt_saulenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kurt_saulenne

I really prefer Pokemon

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DarthAznable

I love Digimon but Pokemon holds up far better. Pokemon has better movies, better games, anime was good for a longer amount of time and apparently the show is getting good again.

HellSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say Digimon really. The movies they have are better to me though Pokemon has more of them, most decent Digimon games really outclass a majority of Pokemon games to me, and the Digimon anime has been and still is better than the pokemon anime .

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By PeterParkerJr

I much preferred Digimon growing up. Their shows had better stories. I could never get into Pokemon at all.

Digimon Tamers Season > All of Pokemon.

Kaiju_Gator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon games are better than Digimon games, but Pokemon anime is inferior to Digimon anime

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digimon had its moments but I don't really find it as memorable and entertaining as the first few seasons of Pokemon. The obvious exceptions being the Digi destined's first fights with Myostismon and Devimon, with the former eventually becoming stupid when he became his Mega form. I love the first Digimon games (1 and 3) but 3 borrowed very heavily from the Pokemon franchise.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Pokemon games God stomp digimon ones. The latter had some potential. I loved the Digimon world games but they were buggy as hell.

The original Digimon anime was solid but I also Think The old pokemon was too.

Neither are good anime though so the point is moot for me.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are awful for me

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pokemon is a great concept with fun games to play. But the lastest pokemon generations are becomming too ridiculous.

Digimon had no significant video games. But regarding the tv series, its first 3 seasons are very good. Not so childish and stupid as pokemon was. With a solid story.

No Caption Provided

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: @nerevarine_11: I do not have enough information to decide either way (Your vote) 8%

I watched digimon when I was very young, so I dont remember . Pokemon watched recently, think is cool like the games. But dont know anime.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: @nerevarine_11: I do not have enough information to decide either way (Your vote) 8%

I watched digimon when I was very young, so I dont remember . Pokemon watched recently, think is cool like the games. But dont know anime.

"I do not have enough information to decide either way (Your vote) 8%" - I didn't vote ???

"Pokemon watched recently, think is cool like the games. But dont know anime." - What does that mean ? If you watched pokemon, you know the anime !

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Like I mean enough, digimon anime cant remember brah

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care for either show, but pokemon is easily in my top 5 favorite game series

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon stomps in terms of games, but to me Digimon was a better anime for the first few seasons (that's really as far as I watched either show). Better storyline, better characters, and there was an actual wieght behind character actions.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Pokemon games godstomp, but I'm not particularly interested in either anime, though I've seen quite a few of the Digimon ones. I suppose I like the Pokemon anime more though, since I can actually remember a lot about it and still care about what's going on with it (like the sorta recent outrage at Ash not beating the League again). Plus, I really like those new shorts based on the games.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By jumpstart55
  • As a kid i always held the belief that Pokemon was the best toy crazed, japanese marketing manipulative brain control cartoon series followed by Yugioh and then Digimon.
  • Come who doesn't love this guy?...

No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

Digimon anime>>>>>>>Pokémon anime

Pokémon games>>>>>Digimon games

Ice-Breaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digimon anime>>>>>>>Pokémon anime

Pokémon games>>>>>Digimon games

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digimon had a better cartoon. Pokémon had good games for Gameboy Color. I never played the newer Pokémon games or any Digimon games.

rickyrck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon games are better than Digimon games, but Pokemon anime is inferior to Digimon anime

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I liked Digimon growing up, but it never made the impact on me that Pokémon did. Pokémon has better designs and a more interesting story on the whole imo, in both the games and anime. Digimon Tamers was and still is a fantastic anime, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: I've played every pokemon game ever,read almost every manga,still see the anime every week (even though the anime sucks) and I bloody loathe that overrated worthless piece of shit that is pikachu,charizard,greninja.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetalJimmor

I answered this a few months ago so I'll copy paste.

And that is why, for me, Digimon is superior. They keep making new stories with new characters in new universes (under a multiverse theory, so each continuity is canon to the Digimon multiverse while only rarely interacting cross-universe), and when they do visit the older generations the kids are actually... Well, older. They are allowed to grow and evolve just like their monster companions rather than being stuck in a weird time bubble that keeps them 10 for over a thousand episodes.

Plus Digimon just has way cooler monster designs.

Aside from the story being all around better the monster designs really clinch it for me personally. Pokemon ultimately are limited to looking vaguely like animal plush toys or, on occasion, garbage. Digimon have NO rules about what they can and cannot look like. They run the full gambit between adorable plush toy to giant cyborg dragon. One arc had them fighting a vampire for crying out loud! Then the next had a demented jester, a wicked puppet, a giant armored sea serpent, and a robotic dragon with cannons on his back. Skip ahead to Tamers and you have a creature inspired by Evangelion in a kid's cartoon.

Digimon are also, on average, significantly larger than Pokemon, which lends them well to both the human-sized speed heavy fighters of Pokemon and the massive kaiju battles you'd expect from Godzilla. I have a big soft spot for kaiju monsters.

Even comparing the literal pieces of garbage Pokemon and Digimon I feel Digimon has the superior design.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for peculiarlilliputian
peculiarlilliputian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Digimon being the better anime, and Pokemon being the better games.

The Pokemon anime had a lot of really great potential to it, especially given its world, but it feels like there's really not much done with it. Admittedly, I only watched most of Season 1, and bits and pieces of other seasons, so I may not have the best judgement call for it, but the adventures of Ash and Pikachu (feat. Token Girl and Sidekick #2) were never quite as engaging to me as Digimon was. Digimon just had the better storyline in my opinion, with more drama and higher stakes. It never really felt like the Pokemon group was in any real danger (even when they probably were supposed to be), while Digimon just made it seem more real, I guess.

Game-wise though? Pokemon blows Digimon out of the water, at least with handheld games. Every handheld Digimon game just... kind of feels like a Pokemon ripoff, but with less 'Pokemon' to collect. And you have to collect multiple of the Pokemon before you can use it. It's like Pokemon in that it's a grindfest and rehashes the same game over and over again, but there's significantly less to do. (That being said, I've yet to play RE:Digitize, which is apparently very different.) Pokemon, at least, introduces more and more new guys each game, or at least introduces new mechanics and things to play with in the remakes.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By stumpy49er

I really liked the Digimon anime whereas I never quite liked Pokemon.

I haven't played any Digimon game and the only Pokemon game I've played is PokemonGo, which was somewhat fun.

Digimon anime > Pokemon anime

Pokemon games > Digimon games