Your favorite character's Stanford moment?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Most of our beloved comic-characters had eventually had a, what I refer to as a "Stanford Moment." It's where a writer decides to make a character do something extremely out of character or let something horrible happen to it, like the New Warriors being blown up with Stanford an then be blamed for it's destruction. Or Hal Jordan killing all the Green Lanterns and becoming Parallax.

Can you name one, and why it peeves you off?

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

My favorite character is Batman. This may take a few pages....

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Oh boy.

I'll get back to you. In the meantime, Carol's (original Ms. Marvel) pregnancy should tide this baby over until then. (was that a pun?)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Elis's portrayal of Songbird. She was characterised as being a petty and bitter person when throughout the majority of the title she had been shown to be charismatic and thoughtful. And while she wasn't the only character to suffer under his writing she's the one I care about most.

To be honest though Marvel has ballsed up things relating to the Thunderbolts continuity so much that I could write pages on it

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Does Moonstone being evil again count as that?

Anyways, I like Black Adam and was pretty peeved over World War 3. I felt that it ruined DC's answer to Doctor Doom. He was reduced from a fair but harsh ruler to a mass-murderer.

And then came the Black Adam And Isis storyline that REALLY messed Black Adam up!

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

During the clone saga. Peter back fist punching Mary Jane.

I understand he was stressed but..

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: No Moonstone has always looked to manipulate others to make her life easier. It's why she is always found whispering in the team leader's ear, directing them towards her schedule. And while she went through a noble phase, thanks to an ancient Kree heroine manipulating her, that ended when the man she loved sacrificed his freedom to make his ruse of getting them pardoned a reality.

Even during this noble time Moonstone comitted Regicide and almost betrayed the T-Bolts to long time foe the Crimson Cowel

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Wow... and I thought Emma Frost was bad!

During the clone saga. Peter back fist punching Mary Jane.

I understand he was stressed but..

Don't forget that she was pregnant

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Yep Moonstone got away with a lot until the end of the Dark Reign. Even before she got powers she was nasty, using her degree in psychology to get the power she craved by driving her patients insane. One such man was Lloyd Bloch the original Moonstone who she drove to the brink of sanity before stealing the Kree Lifestone he possessed.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers