YJ Superboy Respect Thread

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheVivas
"Why let them tell us what to do? It's simple. Get on board or get out of the way."

Respect for Connor Kent, the clone of Superman and Lex Luthor. Because he was cloned from Superman, he is granted Kryptonian physiology and abilities, like super strength, super hearing and Infrared vision, but because he also has human D.N.A. in him, he lacks the powers of flight and heat vision. He was speed-grown by Cadmus and is technically only half a year old, but is just as smart and physically grown as any eighteen year old.

This thread will be divided into the following sections:

• Strength
  • Durability
  • Speed
  • Senses
  • Infrared Vision
  • Shields

Strength

Superboy sends Kid Flash flying back with a nonchalant punch:

No Caption Provided

Superboy rips open a thick door and throws it away:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superboy slams a pair of elevator doors and sends them flying away:

No Caption Provided

Superboy collapses a metal staircase by stomping on it:

No Caption Provided

Superboy breaks off and throws a tank's main gun:

No Caption Provided

Superboy then takes off the whole top compartment of the same tank and throws it:

No Caption Provided

Superboy breaks out from being completely frozen by Icicle Jr.'s powers:

No Caption Provided

Superboy picks up a fallen Genomorph Troll by the leg and hurls it at two others, taking them down as well:

No Caption Provided

Superboy locks arms with Mammoth and then throws him into Cult of the Kobra soldiers:

No Caption Provided

Superboy throws Mammoth into a wall and then throws him into Blockbuster, which sends the two of them into another wall (gif originally posted by @arcus1):

No Caption Provided

Superboy punches two holes in Mister Twister's armor and then sends him flying back into the water:

No Caption Provided

Superboy throws a large Krolotean Walker:

No Caption Provided

Superboy trades blows with Blockbuster:

No Caption Provided

Superboy knocks down a Genomorph troll with a punch:

No Caption Provided

Superboy destroys a large walker with a punch:

No Caption Provided

Superboy knocks out Mongul. Mongul was weakened, however:

No Caption Provided

Superboy jumps hundreds of feet in the air:

No Caption Provided

He then jumps another few hundred feet to reach a ship in the air:

No Caption Provided

Durability

Superboy is completely unfazed by Robin's taser:

No Caption Provided

Superboy then tanks Aqualad's electricity attack:

No Caption Provided

Superboy's skin is bulletproof:

No Caption Provided

Superboy tanks being shot at by Sportsmaster's gun, an energy projectile weapon:

No Caption Provided

Superboy tanks three explosive arrows from Artemis right in the face:

No Caption Provided

Superboy tanks being shot by a tank from close range:

No Caption Provided

Superboy is unharmed by jumping into a drone and destroying it (gif originally posted by @arcus1):

No Caption Provided

Superboy tanks one of Captain Atom's blasts from Amazo:

No Caption Provided

Superboy tanks being slammed into a thick pillar with enough strength to destroy the pillar:

No Caption Provided

Superboy takes repeated punches from Blockbuster with enough strength to crush the edge of the cliff he was on:

No Caption Provided

Superboy tanks all of this from his own pissed off clone:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superboy takes three punches from a mind-controlled Superman:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superboy tanks being run through glass and walls by Despero:

No Caption Provided

With a Shield activated, Superboy is able to tank being punched a far distance into the side of a mountain:

No Caption Provided

Superboy tanks being hit by Amazo, a blow powerful enough to send him flying across the landscape and crashing into a building (gif originally posted by @juiceboks):

No Caption Provided

Speed

Superboy blitzes Aqualad:

No Caption Provided

Superboy is able to punch through all the tables and chairs thrown at him by Parasite before they can hit him:

No Caption Provided

Superboy is able to match his clone blow for blow in aerial flight despite just learning how to fly, due to his Shield power-up:

No Caption Provided

After being slammed into the wall, Superboy is able to catch Aqualad's punch and kick him away:

No Caption Provided

Superboy intercepts bullets after they were fired before they could hit Robin:

Credit to Gxrevolution96.
Credit to Gxrevolution96.

Senses

Being cloned from Kryptonian D.N.A., Superboy has super senses just like his template, Superman.

While Aqualad is being shocked by Cadmus scientists, Superboy is able to hear him whisper to him even though he had left the room and walked a far ways away. Video is mirrored in case anyone asks, but watch from 01:33:

Superboy is able to hear the crunching of branches from soldiers hundreds of feet away:

1) Superboy is able to hear Bane talking to his companions in a low whisper while his own team are thinking of what to do with the prisoners. Watch from 00:58.

2) Superboy is then able to hear an incoming helicopter despite it being far enough out that it wasn't visible at all on the horizon. Watch from 04:20.

When Nightwing and Aqualad, who was undercover, came up with the plan to "kill" Artemis, they used a certain type of poison that stopped her heart/put her in a near-death-like trance. They had to use this method to fool Superboy who could ordinarily hear her heartbeat, since he claimed that she was indeed dead because he could no longer hear her:

Superboy is able to hear alien walkers coming after him, Miss Martian, Beast Boy, and Alanna. Watch from 06:00:

Infrared Vision

Instead of Heat Vision, Superboy is able to use Infrared Vision ans see heat signatures on people and animals.

Here he uses it to confirm that Krolotean Walkers are following him, Miss Martian, Beast Boy, and Alanna:

No Caption Provided

Superboy uses his Infrared vision to see through trees and confirm that a squad of enemy soldiers who surveying the area:

Superboy sees through windows to learn that a person wielding a sword is also present with Trang:

No Caption Provided

Superboy is able to use his Infrared Vision to see assailants in pitch black water:

Credit to Arcus1.
Credit to Arcus1.

Shields

These aren't shields as in the defensive equipment or ability, but patches given to Superboy by Lex Luthor. These patches allow his Kryptonian D.N.A. to completely take over his Human D.N.A. and allow him the full scope of Kryptonian powers, which include flight, heat vision, and X-Ray vision. This also increases his own strength and speed.

Flight

No Caption Provided

Heat Vision

In his first attempt using Heat Vision, Superboy destroys a large stalactite:

No Caption Provided

Superboy melts a pylon with his heat vision:

No Caption Provided

Superboy uses his Heat Vision to blast Mammoth along the ground and into the side of a cliff:

No Caption Provided

X-Ray Vision

Superboy uses X-Ray vision from his Shield to look at the contents of Parasite's case:

No Caption Provided

Enhanced Strength

Superboy catches his clones punch and cracks his knuckles by clenching his own fist:

No Caption Provided

Superboy then easily overpowers his clone and knocks him unconscious by wailing on his face:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Superboy is able to dominate Mammoth thanks to the increased strength he is granted by the Shield, causing an avalanche by punching him into the mountain:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Thanks for reading. Click here to view my other Respect Threads.

Avatar image for deactivated-57c3cf21b495e
deactivated-57c3cf21b495e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

First Fairy Tail, now Young Justice. You have no shortage of interests, do you?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57c3cf21b495e
deactivated-57c3cf21b495e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: You know, I'm looking forward to see the next series you bust out the feats for. I'm curious how far your reach extends.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

NIce, though you forgot what is probably the best durability feat in the entire series.

Young Justice Season 1 Episode 5 Schooled

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice!
Nice!

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: IM SORRY JUICE!!

I had to go to sleep lol. And thanks I'll put that one in!

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Great job putting this together. This is probably the last time that Conner will ever get adapted into something outside the comics but I was satisfied with how they used him in YJ.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: How accurate was he to the source material? I loved him in the show, so I'm curious!

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: Well powerset wise, he's much weaker because comic Connor gradually aquires all the powers of Superman without any outside help as well an ability called tactile telekinesis which allows him to move things with his mind.

Personality wise, he's different as well but that's not a bad thing given how well he was handled in YJ.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Cool, thanks! The only comic book Superboy I was familiar with is from Peter David's Young Justice (which I loved).

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: Yeah, that's a good one. Geoff John's Teen Titans is another one as well Superboy: The Boy of Steel and karl kesel's 90s Superboy Issues.

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YJ Superboy is also a casual bullet timer. He appeared out of nowhere and intercepted multiple bullets after they'd been fired.

No Caption Provided

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheVivas
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Thanks! I forgot that I read some of Kessel's Superboy as well. Even when Superman didn't click with me, I always liked Superboy. I should check out Teen Titans!

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice; I was especially surprised by the speed part!

I was wondering, did it ever state that Superboy can only use X-ray vision with the shields? Some of the infrared vision feats look like they might be x-ray feats, since I don't think infrared radiation passes through objects, but I'm not sure.

This sort of reminds me that I should probably finish the several respect threads I've been working on lately; the amount of effort you've put into these is quite impressive!

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: Off the top of my head I can't remember if they outright said no X-Ray vision (the wiki might have though) but I could only find him using it with a Shield on.

And thanks again man haha, and yeah you should! It'll make it easier for you too when you debate with those characters! Lol

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Awesome respect thread. You have been on point with these respect threads. Keep it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just a question. Does Wonder Girl have the same sort of feats that Conner does or is she still above her in strength?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: I'm pretty sure Conner is stronger, or if not, they're around the same level of strength. I'm still in the process of reading the comics, but all she has are the ones From a few episodes of Season 2 so far (I made a RT for her if you wanna check it out, just gotta Google "YJ Wonder Girl Respect Thread").

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution: @amethystgravity: @terry2012: @soldierofel: @thevivas:

I’m a huge fan of superboy in all forms as long as it’s kon I did kinda like future Jon Kent, I’m so happy that we got him back with season three I’m kinda bummed that they lost his rage stuff, he was so awesome season 1 -2. I hope that we will get to see him evolve I thought that in season 2 the reach were going to use a metabomb n it would unlock his kryptonian powers maybe not the full extent but atleast give him flight I personally think that ttk would better n follow the comics but I also love the kryptonian Powers. I’m thinking that he will get experimented on or atleast get the shit kicked out of him n it will damage his dna n it will unlock his powers. N on my last thing did anyone else notice that he seems to weaker now with the new season I’m not sorry I know geoforces uncle was strong but he was nothing but stone n kryptonian even /half kryptonian beats , paper, scissors, n definitely rock. Wtf is with wolf ? he is just a big white ball of awesomeness let wolf out man n now that yj is in adult form let him go savage then burp n go cuddle next to kon lol