Yaddle Respect Thread

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zapan871

Since I recently took interest in obscure characters, I decided to make this respect thread for another powerful Council member.

Respect Yaddle.

No Caption Provided

For the best possible experience, view this respect thread in blog format.

Power

Yaddle grew stronger in the Force throughout her years of imprisonment:

No Caption Provided

She achieved unity with the Force duing her imprisonment:

No Caption Provided

(Credit to WolfMyth209)

Anakin Skywalker is astonished by Yaddle's power:

"No!" he shouted. But he could already feel it. Yaddle was drawing in the great net of the Force she had created, drawing it around her so tightly and fiercely and strongly that Anakin fell to his knees. He had never felt the Force move like this. He couldn't speak or move.

-- Jedi Quest: The Shadow Trap

Yaddle is regarded by Anakin as a legendary Jedi Master:

Yaddle was dead. He knew it, but he couldn't grasp it. A member of the Jedi Council, a wise being so practiced in the Force that she was a legend.

Yaddle is so powerful that Obi-Wan can feel the Force in him and around him, to the point that he feels charged with her energy:

Attack droids cannot be intimidated, however. The line wheeled toward the Jedi. Obi-Wan had never fought beside Yaddle before. She was all grace and flowing movement, her lightsaber a blur, the Force growing and charging the air around them until Obi-Wan could feel it humming in him and around him. Charged with Yaddle's energy, he sliced through four droids with one swift blow. The blaster fire was heavy but he had no problem deflecting it.

In the new Canon, Yaddle is stated to share Yoda's remarkable affinity for the Force, implying she is in his power tier:

Her short build, long ears, and extended lifespan mark her as a member of the same species as Jedi Master Yoda, and Yaddle also shares Yoda's remarkable affinity for the Force.

Credit to i_like_swords

-- Ultimate Star Wars

Force Knowledge

Yaddle possesses great knowledge that allowed her to learn powers few other Jedi could fathom:

Not as martial a figure as her fellow Council-members, Yaddle was the head of the Librarian's Assembly of the Jedi Temple, and worked alongside such revered Jedi scholars as Ashka Boda in maintaining the Temple's impressive collection of holocrons, scrolls and tomes. Exposure to obscure knowledge granted her powers that few can fathom, including the forbidden Jedi art of morichro, a technique that rapidly slows the body functions of target beings.

-- Star Wars Databank

She has a staggering breadth of knowledge:

No Caption Provided

Yaddle was responsible for gathering books and artifacts, as well as studying them to increase Jedi learning:

No Caption Provided

Her collection grew so much that her rooms became cluttered with artifacts and trinkets from throughout the centuries:

No Caption Provided

Telekinesis

Telekinesis is a Force power enabling a Force user to manipulate his or her surroundings.

Before her imprisonment, Yaddle Force pushes an Advozse off a cliff:

No Caption Provided

(Credit to WolfMyth209)

Long before her prime, Yaddle lifts a large piece of debris:

No Caption Provided

Yaddle uses the Force to prevent a wave of water from breaking through two doors:

Swanny thought for a full minute while Obi-Wan tried not to show his impatience. "There's a small wash-up area in the substation for the workers," he said finally. "If I divert the wastewater from tank 102C and gush it through system A-9 with enough force, it could conceivably break through a pipe joint — the pipes going into substation 32 are part of the old system, so they're not in great shape — and then we'd have a pretty major flood in a matter of minutes. It would take me more than an hour to get there and figure out what circuits I need to use."

"You have forty minutes," Obi-Wan said. "We'd better get started."

Swanny had been right about the firepower. As Obi-Wan and Yaddle skirted the substation's perimeter, he could see two grenade mortars guarding the entrance. The operators sat on repulsorlift platforms, and the Jedi could see that the targeting computers were engaged. Attack droids stood in ready formation.

"We could use a diversion," Obi-Wan murmured to Yaddle as they hid behind a utility box.

"Accomplish this we must, if the Provisional Committee is going to be successful," Yaddle said. "The longer it takes, the more things can go wrong."

"Look," Obi-Wan said, pointing at a stream of water underneath the double durasteel doors of the substation. "Swanny must have been effective. The flood has begun."

Yaddle opened her comlink to signal the power grid team that Euraana had arranged to stand by.

Up on their repulsorlift platforms, the guards didn't notice the water streaming out from underneath the crack in the durasteel doors. Their gazes continued to rest on the targeting computers that would show them attacking beings or airborne weapons.

"When it gets deep enough to endanger the equipment, the alarm should sound," Obi-Wan murmured. "I'm betting the operators will leave their grenade mortars and let the droids guard the entrance. They'll call for reinforcements."

"One problem, there is," Yaddle said. "Burst open, the doors might."

"And that would release the flood into the tunnel." Obi-Wan nodded.

"In which case, the equipment might keep functioning." He thought for a moment. "Can you use the Force to hold the doors?" Yaddle nodded.

The water was now streaming down the tunnel and lapping at their boots. Because of the downward slope, it ran out from underneath the door.

They could see that the water inside was rising, since the water was now leaking out of the seam between the double doors. The pressure of the water was causing the doors to vibrate from the strain. Obi-Wan felt the Force surround them as Yaddle gathered it around her.

The doors and the water stopped moving. It began to collect around the wheels of the grenade mortars and the legs of the droids.

They watched as the water deepened, held back by the Force. Soon it was lapping at the repulsorlift platforms, but the guards still did not notice, intent on their computers.

Suddenly a light flashed red over the doors. The alarm began to beep insistently. The two operators sat up in their chairs and swiveled to check behind them.

They saw the water.

"What's going on?" one of them shouted.

The other spoke into a comlink. "They're sending reinforcements. Just stay calm."

"I am calm!" the second guard shouted. "I just can't swim!" The other guard began to enter a code into a handheld sensor. "They'd better boost the grid now," Obi-Wan said. Yaddle listened intently to the comlink.

"Bypassed the station, they have," she told Obi-Wan. "Wait we must to see if the power surge will restore the grid…." Suddenly the attack droids snapped into formation, splashing in the water.

"They must have engaged a life-form sensor sweep," Obi-Wan said.

"A few minutes more, they need."

"We just ran out of time." Obi-Wan activated his lightsaber. "Let's go."

He charged out into the tunnel, moving quickly through the water and heading straight for the mortar operators. They saw the Jedi charging and scrambled to jump back on their mortar platforms. Yaddle released her hold on the doors, which burst open, releasing a wave of water. Obi-Wan was prepared, but the power of the water almost knocked him down.

Yaddle seems to levitate herself above the tallest building of the city of Nataan, possibly via Force Flight:

He lay on his back, still dizzy, trying to catch his breath. Yaddle had not landed. He felt the Force so strongly it served to yank him to his feet. Again, it was like a physical presence to him, as though he could feel it on his skin and even in the roots of his hair.

Yaddle hung above him, above the tallest building of Naatan, the Force holding her temporarily aloft. She held a silver canister against her chest.

Force Concealment

Force Concealment, also known as Force Stealth, is a power enabling Force users to mask their presence in the Force and their Force alignment.

Yaddle knows Force Concealment:

No Caption Provided

Force Heal

Force Heal is a power that enables Force users to tend wounds and dull pain.

Yaddle can heal herself and other people:

No Caption Provided

Yaddle is a skilled healer:

No Caption Provided

Force Light

Force Light is a power that enables a Jedi to use the light side of the Force to contain or purge manifestations of the dark side like nexuses, or to counter dark side powers.

Yaddle knows Force Light:

No Caption Provided

Morichro

Some descriptions of the forbidden technique Morichro, which Yaddle mastered:

Tutaminis

Tutaminis is a power that allows Force users to absorb energy attacks:

Yaddle uses the Force to absorb the explosion of a chemical weapon that was capable of killing thousands of people into her own body, creating a "great net of the Force" in the process:

That was in his vision, too! But the cuffs hadn't been on Shmi. They had nothing to do with Shmi. Obi-Wan and Yoda had been right.

"Launch it!" Omega screamed, then turned to Yaddle and added, "You have just ensured the deaths of thousands."

--

"No!" he shouted. But he could already feel it. Yaddle was drawing in the great net of the Force she had created, drawing it around her so tightly and fiercely and strongly that Anakin fell to his knees. He had never felt the Force move like this. He couldn't speak or move.

From far below, Granta detonated the explosives.

Anakin heard a sharp pop, nothing more. The Force grew until Anakin was dazzled. Instead of exploding, the canister imploded, and Yaddle drew the toxic gas and the explosive power in, absorbing it into her body.

Then she simply disappeared. A shower of light particles swirled, hung in the air, then evaporated.

Anakin's face was wet. Tears flowed and he did not feel them. The night sky was empty, and Jedi Master Yaddle was dead

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Telepathy

Telepathy is a power that enables Force user to communicate with other beings and manipulate, dominate or terrorize their minds.

Yaddle telepathically communicates with Anakin:

She was high above, but he heard her voice clearly. It was in his head, he realized.

If you lose your anger, find you it will. Embrace it and disappear it will. Chosen, you may be. But for what? Your question to answer, it is.

Durability /Stamina

Yaddle endures centuries of confinement:

No Caption Provided

(Credit to WolfMyth209)

Speed/Agility

Yaddle moves with grace and swings her lightsaber in a blur, impressing Obi-Wan with her speed:

Attack droids cannot be intimidated, however. The line wheeled toward the Jedi. Obi-Wan had never fought beside Yaddle before. She was all grace and flowing movement, her lightsaber a blur, the Force growing and charging the air around them until Obi-Wan could feel it humming in him and around him. Charged with Yaddle's energy, he sliced through four droids with one swift blow. The blaster fire was heavy but he had no problem deflecting it.

It felt easy and natural with the Force so strong. Yaddle took out ten attack droids in what seemed like no time and then buried her lightsaber in the two grenade mortar controls. Within minutes, all of the droids were sizzling in the puddles of water.

Yaddle moves quickly down a tunnel:

"As soon as I can return to help find Anakin I will," Yaddle said.

Yaddle moved down the tunnel quickly, her robe swinging. Obi-Wan stepped back behind the utility box and waited. The tramp of running feet announced the arrival of the reinforcements.

Yaddle slashes through a dozen attack droids in seemingly no time:

Right behind Obi-Wan, Yaddle took out an attack droid with a flick of her lightsaber while she sent the other guard flying against the tunnel wall. The last guard took one look at the Jedi charging toward him with a lightsaber and took off, splashing down the tunnel.

It felt easy and natural with the Force so strong. Yaddle took out ten attack droids in what seemed like no time and then buried her lightsaber in the two grenade mortar controls. Within minutes, all of the droids were sizzling in the puddles of water.

She destroys Anakin's cuffs so fast that the latter can't even track her movement:

The movement was so sudden and so fast that even Anakin couldn't track it. Yaddle's lightsaber was activated without him seeing her move so much as a finger. She used it in a surgical strike at his wrists. He did not have time to flinch, which was lucky, because she could easily have cut off his hands. Anakin felt only a flash of heat, as though he'd touched something hot and then pulled his hand away.

The cuffs clattered to the floor.

The cuffs, falling…

That was in his vision, too! But the cuffs hadn't been on Shmi. They had nothing to do with Shmi. Obi-Wan and Yoda had been right.

"Launch it!" Omega screamed, then turned to Yaddle and added, "You have just ensured the deaths of thousands."

This feat is particularly impressive, given that even by this time Anakin is fast anough to appear to be everywhere at once:

Never had Obi-Wan seen such a display of the Force from a Padawan. From the great Jedi Masters, yes. From Qui-Gon, near the end of his life.

But from someone so young? Anakin's power astonished him. He had glimpsed it before, but now he had seen it unfurl, and it staggered him.

He had not had a chance to move, to help. Anakin had been a blur. He had seemed to be everywhere at once. He had destroyed ten attack droids, disarmed his aggressors, and disabled two laser cannons without hesitation, with even a slight smile on his face.

-- Jedi Quest: The School of Fear

She Force jumps toward an airlift tube, so fast that Anakin only saw the flash of her robe:

Anakin realized in a flash that Omega must have had an open channel on his comlink. That had been an order. He heard the rush of air in the tube. He only saw the flash of the hem of Yaddle's robe as she Force-jumped toward the airlift tube. She pressed the maximum eject button with the hilt of her lightsaber as she passed. She burst into the airlift tube and shot upward like a blast from a laser cannon.

Combat skill

Shortly after escaping her centuries long imprisonement, Yaddle defeats a predator with a staff:

No Caption Provided

(Credit to WolfMyth209)

While weakened, she contends with an Advosze warlord:

No Caption Provided

(Credit to WolfMyth209)

Click here to see my list of respect threads

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man you should have told me you were doing an RT I would have gladly helped(i planned on doing one for her but it wasn't priority) anyway, great job, Zappy, I loved her in JQ. Keep it up bud.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fated_xtasy: Thanks. I was surprised to find another Jedi so unknown, yet so powerful in the PT era. If you have anything to add, let me know.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

I love Yaddle and you have done a great job sir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

"Her short build, long ears, and extended lifespan mark her as a member of the same species as Jedi Master Yoda, and Yaddle also shares Yoda's remarkable affinity for the Force."

--Ultimate Star Wars Page 59

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Ah, thanks for that. She is practically on par with Yoda according to your quote. Is this from the new Canon?

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yaddle also once telekinetically threw back an Advoszec warrior over a cliff.

No Caption Provided

Also, a solid Respect Thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice. :)

ForklifterMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is fantastic! Great job! I always thought Yaddle was an interesting and mysterious character with a good deal of power! For the sake of the public's welfare, please make more of these! :)

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forkliftermatt: Thanks. Yeah, I was surprised to discover how exceptionally powerful she is. My next RT will be for Oppo Rancisis anyways.

ForklifterMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan87: Oh nice, that'll be great! Oppo Rancisis is a powerful Jedi! Can't wait to see that! :)

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found some more feats from Yaddle you should add. She's endured centuries of imprisonment, and even then, whilst rusty and in barely the shape to fight, defeated multiple preditors(though the comic only shows one such fight):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She defeated the Advoszec warlord in combat, despite having the disadvantages listed above:

No Caption Provided

She also achieved unity with the Force, proving her connection and innate capability with it:

No Caption Provided

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@zapan871: nice thread, i say its bump worthy

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. Given that she shares Yoda's connection to the Force, I.E., potential, and is roughly half his age, if my memory serves me correctly, this would mean she is about half as powerful as Yoda.