X-Men Reboot in the M.C.U.

UncleTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is i`m the only who think at somepoint Disney and Fox go make some sort of deal to get X-men into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? I say its go be a deal similar to Sony`s deal for Spiderman.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, I hope they do!

UncleTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say if they do this deal, We`ll probably get like a 90s X-men type line up with Small number of Mutants.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Meh, no thanks.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

We probably will.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hopefully not. No thanks.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

Would love it if they could work something out, I wanna see Xavier in the Illuminati and a Wolverine: Enemy of the State Netflix Series. Probably never gonna happen though :/

Fantastic Four seems far more likely.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope soon!

Even if rebooting will be complex, insert X-Men in the 2017 while we have already Inhuman and all the other... I hope in some more complex tie [such as parallel world with tie-in or some world re-shaping by Infinity Stone]

Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncletron: that would be amazing.

Id like to see an mcu version of cyclops. The way they cast characters i am sure it would be great. I'd like to see gambit in an x men film.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they've already made a deal. Now simply isn't the time to announce it.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anythings possible, but I'd rather them not. I'd like to see the F4 and their supporting characters (Surfer, Annihilus, Galactus etc..) crossover before the muties

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Would love it if they could work something out, I wanna see Xavier in the Illuminati and a Wolverine: Enemy of the State Netflix Series. Probably never gonna happen though :/

You think that MCU is going to get F4? I hope they do, MCU needs a galactus and a silver surfer, if not the smartest man on earth.

Also would make an interesting Logan-Hulk rivalry.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Seconded!.

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope Marvel can get their hands on X-Men and put together something good. I want to see an old school style X-Men along with X-force. That would be epic.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

They should work together so Fox can add darker stories Disney is lacking while Marvel fixes every other problem they had.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

You think that MCU is going to get F4? I hope they do, MCU needs a galactus and a silver surfer, if not the smartest man on earth.

Also would make an interesting Logan-Hulk rivalry.

I don't know if the FF in the MCU gonna happen, but it seems like it could actually happen. Shame they can't have the Surfer in Infinity War.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rogueshadow: Yeah, would love a Thanos/Surfer/Warlock thing in IW (if they somehow get access to surfer). Throw mephisto in the mix and we're perfect.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get the impression that multiple universes where introduced in the MCU to give them a path to bringing in the X-Men.

If Cap ever bites the bullet a good way to end that would be an ending credit scene after his death where he's walking down a road and come's to a diner, you see the back of Logans head sitting in a booth, he was waiting for him and they sit down to talk about old times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, no thanks.

Hopefully not. No thanks.

These. One of the best things about the MCU is that they've been forced to give their lesser known characters more exposure. If they start getting all their big characters back, that creative streak may very well dry out. Plus I like the X-Men universe FOX has created. It's not just like the comics, but that only makes it more interesting to me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@nicksmi56: Adding to that, if Marvel, and Disney get the rights back, say goodbye to any future rated R films like Logan or Deadpool.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

@nicksmi56: Adding to that, if Marvel, and Disney get the rights back, say goodbye to any future rated R films like Logan or Deadpool.

Most people don't want that, as the OP suggested, a deal in the vein of Sony/Marvel would be optimal. Fox can continue making films, it just allows for crossover and a complete MCU.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@uncletron: it would be nice but I think it's too late to introduce X-men. The only way it would be feasible is if some villain or hero opens a gateway between the MCU universe and the X-men universe

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to see Wolverine in Avengers. Hugh Jackman even said that he would love it.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56:

My whole thing is that an MCU X-Men movie would be more action oriented with color costumes, a basic story, and a mediocre villain. The movies would be built around jokes and witty banter, with very few moments of seriousness. Basically, it'd be AOU only with X-Men characters.

All the substance, depth, and character development that made the good FOX X-Men movies stand head and shoulders above the rest even to this day would be gone. I prefer the X-Men in more serious stories, and sans X3 and Apocalypse, they've done the job quite well over at FOX. Now, they're branching out and making more movies and spinoffs. Wouldn't get all that if MCU had them.

I could go on, but I still stand by the fact that the MCU still hasn't produced a film on the level of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: I get that. As much as I love what the MCU has done, variety is the spice of life and Fox's X-Men films are quite a different breed from typical MCU fare.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56:

Exactly. Just look at Logan. It's more than your standard comic book movie. It looks like a legitimately well made film too.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@rogueshadow: It looks like Marvel is controlling most of the Spider-Man deal though (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks like Sony just distributes it.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mutant1230

I do love the Fox X-Men movies, but at some point it would be awesome for them to join the MCU.

Honestly, they should just do it after Logan ends it's theatrical run. Wolverine is the guy who started the X-Men movies, they should end with him. Besides Fox doesn't really have much planned that looks very interesting. Gambit, New Mutants, and X-Men: Supernova just look like a lot of unnecessary sequels and cash grab spinoffs. I could see it all going down the same path the Amazing Spider-Man cinematic universe. Rolls Eyes

Deadpool & Legion are good though. But I could see Fox and Disney having them take place in the MCU continuity somehow. Similar to how Constantine was retconned into the Arrowverse. Neither of them have big references to the Fox films (yet) so it wouldn't be too hard to do

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rogueshadow: It looks like Marvel is controlling most of the Spider-Man deal though (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks like Sony just distributes it.

when I first saw the deal made, it looked like it was still being made by Sony, but added Kevin Feige as a co-producer, making it look like Sony and Disney/Marvel have pretty much equal say

but there is a decent chance Sony is letting Marvel take the lead on it

UncleTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: I agree with you 100% on the Lesser Name part. Because Iron Man wasn`t a heavy name before 2008 in fact he was the least Popular one of what i call the Marvel big Six (Tony, Cap, Bruce, Thor, Peter, Logan). Many knew Thor face but not his name, The Hulk and Captain America were probably the only 2 household names they had and it took alot of pressure off them having to succeed.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: It looks like Marvel is controlling most of the Spider-Man dal though (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks like Sony just distributes it.

It's a Sony film in terms of financing and production and all that, but in terms of creative control I don't think that we know who's doing what and to what degree. But I agree, I do get the impression Marvel has a huge of say in what's going on and is probably basically making this film on the quiet. I have nothing to back that up though and Sony probably have some sort of veto power if they want to change something, but I doubt they exercise that much, it's not really in their interest to do so when they know the Marvel formula works. Disney probably have say over anything pertaining to Iron Man and things that will effect the MCU as a whole.

The logistics of the Sony/Marvel deal for this must be longer than the bible.

The situation at Fox is different though for a few reasons. Fox, and specifically the X-Men are making plenty of money (same reason this will probably never happen, Fox simply don't need to do it. But honestly, I think a film hyped as Wovlerine vs the Hulk or a Spider-Man/Wolverine team up would increase the gross exponentially), whereas Sony's film division is going to pot and TASM 2 was subpar/underperformed, so Marvel stepping in more there is to be expected, Sony are probably happy for them to do it.

As I understand it, Marvel still get nothing from the Spider-Man films themselves, only the toy sales. Equally, Sony get nothing from Spider-Man's appearances in Marvel Studios films other than added publicity and general hype for the character.

And the only reason Disney won't do blood and sex and swearing is because it damages their brand, they're the definition of family entertainment, it isn't in their interest to start messing with that, it's a lot wider than just the Marvel franchise in that regard. It's why you don't see Disney on the Netflix shows but they are still within the MCU. If it's being produced by Fox, they don't need to worry about that, just like the Netflix shows. Fox do their thing, Feige et al collaborate and then they can have Wolverine shows up in the Avengers, Hulk shows up in a Wolverine film etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure they were trying to do this by shoehorning Inhumans into the MCU, though as far as I can remember that film got put on ice.