Would you like to see F4 and X-MEN from FOX in MCU??

Shin_Godzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shin_Godzilla
No Caption Provided

Honestly, I could do without the X-Men in the MCU. I like them just fine and Introducing them now into the MCU would be weird too, anyway the MCU is already bursting at the seams. I'd prefer Fantastic 4, since Fox has proven incapable of handling that franchise.

I still say it should be a semi-time-travel story where the 4 got sucked into a time warp from the 60's during a space experiment. Then they can appear in the new millennium with their out-of-time personalities intact. And it could make for interesting interactions with Steve :D

Unfortunately I don't think Marvel is actually trying to get the rights back.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No.

Sea-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sea-Beast

The new X-men movies are pretty awesome, they don't need to be part of the MCU. I think they're fine on their own.

Fantastic Four though, they HAVE to get back. Just for the villains that come with those rights: Doom, Galactus, Kang, the Skrulls, Annihulus..

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Sorry but I don't see Fantastic 4 ever having a good movie, the film properties that come with it are more valuable (Silver Surfer etc.)

MCU X-Men would probably be a downgrade tbh.

Herald417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The F4 should definitely go back to marvel, theres so much they could do with them especially with some of the other character rights that are associated with the franchise. But I honestly think Xmen are better off with their own universe especially a movie universe. Its a lot easier in the comics to overlook the avengers not helping the xmen but in the movie verse it would look terrible if mutants are getting hunted down by sentinels and captain america refuses to help.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think the MCU is the only place FF will ever work. I would looove to see it happen.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

Singer's X-Men just feel burnt out to me, I like the films when I see them, I just don't get excited for them at all, I feel like I've been watching the same overall tone for 16 years from him now. I also feel like the X-verse has nowhere to expand to right now, it's sort of stuck in the 80's. I just feel ready for a change with the X-Men.

I'd like to see them go to Marvel and tell new stories in a larger universe. If not, I at least want a reboot, keep only Deadpool.

FF should go to Marvel, without a doubt.

LJ_RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F 4's have practically sucked ,showing Galactus as a cloud ,you gotta be kidding me!

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic 4. They're the "Superman" of Marvel and with all the hard work the MCU has put in I'd say that F4 belongs there. Marvel's best villain is part of the Fantastic 4 mythos too.

That said there utmost priority should be getting the property adapted right.

I'd make the Fantastic 4 a space race period piece set in the MCU. In the 60's JFK is doing everything to get the US on the moon first. Reed, Ben, Sue (who is already his wife, skip all the romantic nonsense), and Johnny make it to space and disappear into a wormhole. This when they get there powers.

The rest of the world thinks they're dead and regards the "Fantastic 4" as heroes.

The F4 spend 4 years going on cosmic adventures trying to get back to Earth learning to control their powers in the mean time.

When the finally make it back to Earth they discover that the year 2018 (and basically all the crazy shit in the MCU already happened).

Stark basically hooks them up from there.

Victor Von Doom would be a Latverian scientist rival of Reed's. He goes to investigate the wormhole where the F4 got their powers. He gets disfigured in an accident during the investigation and tweak in his origin from the comics from there.

Just some ideas about how F4 can work in the MCU.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't get why people want the FF to come from the 60's, they can just be the FF, they don't need a convoluted explanation to justify their presence.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just need galactus

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Because the F4 launched Marvel. And because setting them in the space race would make them the first superheroes besides Cap. Also it'd be cool to see the MCU in the 60's even if it's only for 20 minutes.

It'd also make Reed that much more of a genius. All the current technology that exists in the present day... Reed already thought it up and daydreamed about it in the 60's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Deadpool needs to be able to cross over back and forth between MCU and Foxmen.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Because the F4 launched Marvel. And because setting them in the space race would make them the first superheroes besides Cap. Also it'd be cool to see the MCU in the 60's even if it's only for 20 minutes.

It'd also make Reed that much more of a genius. All the current technology that exists in the present day... Reed already thought it up and daydreamed about it in the 60's.

It just seems like unnecessary excess. They will still make Doom & Reed ludicrously smart, their tech will be far beyond modern tech so it doesn't make him any smarter. The FF went into space, they were hit by cosmic rays, got their powers, have been active as heroes for eighteen months and off you go. It can be shown in the opening credits like the Incredible Hulk. half an hour of a 2 hour film spent in the 60's explaining them and what have you just seems extraneous, especially when Marvel have said they plan on winding down origin films post Dr. Strange.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yup to both. Screw split universes. Pull a Spider-Man.

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DevilFruit

Anyone who thinks the X-men doesn't need to come back to Marvel, in some form at some point, is an idiot. Who likes broken universes born out of necessity and bankruptcy. It was a mistake from the start.

What's next? you want the X-men completely ripped from the comic universe as well? Your opinions don't even matter. The X-men being in there own universe was a mistake through Marvels desperation trying to stay afloat in the 90's.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilfruit: Not really.

Why are X-Men discriminated against hard? And why do people hero worship the Avengers?

That's why it makes sense for X-Men to be seperate from the MCU.

And Disney would never give a property that focuses on racism/discrimination the time of day.

And Disney has already all but destroyed the X-Men in comics just to screw over FOX. So FOX has nothing to lose by hanging on to the X-Verse and to keep making movies.

If Disney were smart they'd trade the toy rights and publishing power for the X-Men in exchange of the Fantastic 4 IP.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-Men may make the MCU overcrowded. But the F4 and its co properties (Surfer, Galactus, etc) should be given back to Marvel. And also this ??

@hyiena said:

Deadpool needs to be able to cross over back and forth between MCU and Foxmen.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

Why are X-Men discriminated against hard? And why do people hero worship the Avengers?

And Disney would never give a property that focuses on racism/discrimination the time of day.

And Disney has already all but destroyed the X-Men in comics just to screw over FOX. So FOX has nothing to lose by hanging on to the X-Verse and to keep making movies.

If Disney were smart they'd trade the toy rights and publishing power for the X-Men in exchange of the Fantastic 4 IP.

The idea is that Mutants are a direct affront to humanity's existence, they are the next step in human evolution and people basically see them as the extinction of homo-sapiens because over time they will become more and more prevalent until they eventually replace humans. Religious groups would likely consider them abominations.

Non-mutant heroes are just humans that have been enhanced in some way or another, they don't present the same type of threat.

Toys and video-games are probably too lucrative to give away, there's serious money there, often above what the films make.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: what's the point of keeping onto toys and videogames if Disney is already sabatoging the X-Men brand? More lucrative trading for F4 and building that brand up (Dr. Doom, Galactus/Surfer, Skrulls).

And yeah, human/neanderthal comparison doesn't work. Neanderthals weren't suddenly giving birth to homosaipiens. They either integrated into the genepool or died off.

Mutants are produced by human carriers of the X gene so it's not even close to the same.

Cavemen vs modern man is a case of the smart neighbor outliving the dumb neighbor when a hurrican hits.

Mutants vs humans is dumb because humans are basically being prejudiced against their own children.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Fox can keep x-men, they been fantastic, but Fantastic Four can go.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fox is doing pretty well with X-Men but I'd definitely like to see F4 under MCU management. I don't wanna see another origin story with Dr. Doom as the villain. More F4 lore must be explored. Throw in Franklin and Valeria. Use F4 movie to cross over with the inhumans. Make Annihilus the villain. I think MCU can make these things happen without the crap fights, dialogue and special affects that FOX cannot seem to break away from with the F4

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ThePreface

@firestarlord73194: I disagree with the part about Doom. MCU has a terrible track record with villains. I'd argue that that MCU needs Dr. Doom more than it needs the Fantastic 4.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@thepreface: It is dumb, of course, that's the point, apartheid is dumb, racism is dumb, humans are dumb. People simply see mutants as freaks of nature who are going to overrun the world.

They aren't sabotaging it for the wider audience, 99% of people don't read comics, have no clue what's going on in them and don't care. Marvel are trying to stop giving Fox fuel, the more great stories they make for the X-Men, the more characters and stories Fox has to draw from. Wolverine and the like already make them lots of money, they aren't going to give that away on the possibility that they make a great FF film and the possibility that children love it and that they then buy toys.

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DevilFruit

I DON'T AGREE WITH ANY OF THIS. LIKE...LIKE ANY. But don't feel like going round and round about it.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThePreface

@devilfruit: Cause you're a Marvel fanboy and reason is unattainable with fanboys.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I never get why people want FF back in the MCU solely for the villains. I mean, we've seen what the MCU does with every villain except Loki. Malekith, Ronan, Cross, I can't even remember TWS villian, Whiplash etc, all their going to do is make Doom or Annihilus boring husk of what they are.

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilfruit: Cause you're a Marvel fanboy and reason is unattainable with fanboys.

No Caption Provided

Didn't even feel it.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4 definitely

XMEN I don't care if it stays with FOX or not

Shin_Godzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shin_Godzilla

is mostly what I said.

Storcks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes I would. Singer has painted himself in a corner. He can't make a good phoenix movie now that he allready made the Jean=Phoenix mistake. He fucked up Apocalypse. So yeah reboot that shit. I dont care about the FF though.