Wonder Woman vs Black Panther

• 96 results
Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Wonder Woman vs Black Panther (143 votes)

Wonder Woman 55%
Black Panther 45%

Both Wonder Woman and Black Panther are making their film debut this year. It's huge for the characters, so...

Who are you more excited to see??

Who do you think will be more impressive in the role?

The Amazon Princess or the King of Wakanda?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Taquie

I don't like Black Panthers costume at all, It looks stupid and fake

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My hype for both is unreally high. The two things I'm most excited for comicwise this year. Went Black Panther but it's so close.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC always comes first for me, so WW.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie said:

Aren't all movie costumes fake?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm more excited for WW... Cause she's Wonder Woman. But BP is a damn close second. I care more for him than Spider-Man.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

OMG I'm so conflicted.....but I'll have to say WW

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more excited for WW... Cause she's Wonder Woman. But BP is a damn close second. I care more for him than Spider-Man.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

For all of DC Movies a saw, they are just not good Movies for me. I am not saying they are bad in general and I am not saying that because I am Marvel fan, it's because Warner Bros. don't care about the characters. I also like Marvel more and there is no MCU movie I didn't like. The worst MCU Movies were Thor The Dark World and Iron-man 3, and those Movies are not really bad. I love marvel more and I trust DISNEY more than WARNER BROS. I am giving this to Black Panther.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer black panther as a character so him. It will be cool to see wonder woman though.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By goonage

I like Black Panther, but my excitement for him isn't even close to my hype for Wonder Woman.

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie said:

Aren't all movie costumes fake?

Seriously look at this one, it looks like its made out of plastic

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana, and it's not even close.

starrware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't choose. Both of these characters are opening doors for so many more awesome characters.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

I dunno, right now I'm more sold that BP is going to hit the mark due to the casting, the directors and track record.

Gadot and Eisenberg still worry me. More Eisenberg though, I've now seen enough to know that I'm just not into it. I don't see anything in him that makes me feel like he has Earth shattering intellect and cunning that allow him to contend with almost anyone, even Superman, ultimately, that's the most important thing, he isn't threatening in any way, I applaud them for trying to think outside the box, but I wish they'd played this one safe. Maybe something profound will happen when I see the film and half way through I'll be like, 'oh, now I get it!'... but I doubt it.

Anyway, back on topic... Gadot I'm not quite here or there on yet, her performance in FF were flat and she's done nothing outside of that, but, in all fairness, FF doesn't have sterling dialogue and she didn't really have much room to stretch her acting muscles, she was eye candy in the one I saw. She could be great, but I've seen no evidence to suggest it yet, the fight scenes she's had were cool and the one line she's had was... okay. I'm just going to try to be optimistic.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther for me

but Diana costume looks better

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP by far for me.

WW will probably have bigger if not better feats in BvS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther curbstomps. Even if WW/Gal Gadot does a decent job in BvS.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're my two favorite characters from DC and they're both the reasons why I'm excited for CW and BvS. When it comes to their solo films I'm more excited for BP.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all of DC Movies a saw, they are just not good Movies for me. I am not saying they are bad in general and I am not saying that because I am Marvel fan, it's because Warner Bros. don't care about the characters. I also like Marvel more and there is no MCU movie I didn't like. The worst MCU Movies were Thor The Dark World and Iron-man 3, and those Movies are not really bad. I love marvel more and I trust DISNEY more than WARNER BROS. I am giving this to Black Panther.

warner bros barely has any DC movies made .................

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: Green Lantern, MAN OF STEEL,Dark Knight Rises,Batman and Robin. They have some good Movies but for the most part, I am not happy with them.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: Green Lantern, MAN OF STEEL,Dark Knight Rises,Batman and Robin. They have some good Movies but for the most part, I am not happy with them.

your acting like Disney always owned parts of marvel , WB literally just started DCEU in 2013 and has 1 movie in total since then , marvel before Disney made MCU was awful , your acting like TDKR doesn't have one of the best rating of a CBM ever

we obviously can tell your a MArvel fanboy , so don't try to act like you actually like you don't like DC movies cause there bad , its because you have no interest in DC , cause you dislike it as a whole

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More excited to see Black Panther.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

BP is first, but WW is close.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By jumpstart55

Wow you really put me in a tough spot.lol This is by far one of the toughest polls on the vine ive seen thus far.But i gotta go with Wonder Women just slightly by like a nose. Since her creations roughly 75 years ago, Wonder Women hasnt made one big screen appearance yet even though shes deserved one decades ago(Considering that she along with Batman,Superman, are like the founders of modern Superhero comics). Where as Supes and Bats in comparsion have been been a multitude of big screen films. I mean it sucks that DC wasn't willing to take a chance on Wonder Women in over 70 freaking years. I mean ive been a big fan of Wonder Women since childhood and have been desperate to see her make a big screen appearance same with Black Panther. Black Panther has so much emotion behind it for me. Being the first mainstream Superhero to be African American, and on top of that being a well formed and arched out character that dosent fall into many stereotypes like other certain Superheroes( coughs Luke Cage) makes him a dime a dozen. And thus making it a true joy to see him make an onscreen appearance. I cant wait to see both these make their own feature film debut in 2017/18.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman for me. I'm not really a Marvel guy and Black Panther is one of the less used Marvel characters I have basically no exposure to. So he's basically a giant question mark to me, where as Wonder Woman is an iconic figure I am very familiar with and am excited to see.

I'm also hoping the movie succeeds so hard at the box office that it removes that absurd stigma against female heroes that Hollywood has once and for all.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the costume for both really awesome and the scenes of both of them in the trailers are awesome..but as a character I am more excited for WW because I never really liked BP and don't really care for his movie..fact is I am more interested in Dr.Strange than BP..so WW definitely gets my vote and talk about money shots...come on look at them...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther.

Avatar image for black_wreath13xxx
black_wreath13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman because I my house is a shrine to her (though I didn't decorate it).

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with WW. Not familiar with BP at all only know him through those Avengers animated movies where he is able to turn into a real panther.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@rogueshadow:

From the trailers so far, it looks like they're blending scientist Lex and Business Lex while making him an instigator. I agree with you and am most worried about his character.

I don't like the casting of Gadot still. She doesn't look the part at all but it looks like they might have at least done a good job with her character. It's a start.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana, I guess.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It would boil down to how well Gal Gadot performs as Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice or how well Chadwick Boseman performs as Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: do you know why I don't hate Elektra or Daredevil movie, because I don't care. If I don't care about DC, why would I hate these Movies? It will be like I just don't care. For your information, Batman and Flash are one of my favorite heroes and Joker is my second favorite villan. I watch Flash TV show, I read Flash Rebirth,Flashpoint, Infinite Crisis,Crisis on Infinite Earths,Zero Year,Final Crisis, Death and Rebirth of Superman,Death in the Family, Death of the Family, Batman Hush... Now I am acting like some idiot by talking about all Stories I read from DC. I watch animated movies and TV series who are a lot better than marvel's. I play Batman games and whatever. I don't understand why people say that when someone loves marvel hates DC and someone who loves DC hates marvel. I am reading NEW 52 Darkside War at this point. If you would say that Green Lanter is your favorite movie ever and that Avengers is your worst movie of all time, I would not call you a DC fanboy or Marvel hater. We all have different opinions. I want DC Movies to be good but for me, they are not, and that makes me sad, because I want them to be good. So stop acting like a kid and lets talk like normal people (I mean if you want to continue this conversation, I don't care).

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

From the trailers so far, it looks like they're blending scientist Lex and Business Lex while making him an instigator. I agree with you and am most worried about his character.

I don't like the casting of Gadot still. She doesn't look the part at all but it looks like they might have at least done a good job with her character. It's a start.

Yeah, I get that they're going for the Zuckerberg vibe, but... I just don't think it's working. He feels so out of place with Affleck, Cavill and just the DCEU in general.

I'm still not into Gadot either, every-time I say she doesn't look the part and I wish she had the physique of a warrior rather than a supermodel I get accused of being sexist, even though I'd say I'm being the exact opposite. I'm not interested in a skinny pretty Wonder Woman who looks nice in a dress, she's an Amazonian. If she can act and sell Diana, then I'm willing to overlook it, but the she hasn't once proved that she can, not in film, not in the trailers, right now, she's just got nothing going for her for me. I don't actively dislike her the way I do Lex though, who I genuinely find grating.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

@rogueshadow: He actually acts nothing like Zuckerberg in that trailer.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: He actually acts nothing like Zuckerberg in that trailer.

I'm talking about the base concept. He acts like the Riddler.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BlackLegRaph

WW. I don't have much hopes for BP doing much of anything considering that film is already packed with so much stuff.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love both characters. My problem is with the actors the studios choose to portray them.Chadwick Boseman & Gal Gadot ruin the hype for me. Also, when the both of them open their mouths to talk about issues other than movies, they usually give me headaches. So they are really annoying to me. But still, i voted for Black Panther.

Because you know, Beyoncé, Formation etc.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_stegman  Moderator

@rogueshadow: He's a young billionaire.. That's about all they have in common.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@rogueshadow: He's a young billionaire.. That's about all they have in common.

He's a self-made Billionaire, who did so before he turned 30 and made his fortune via computer technology with a false public front as a philanthropist who also seems to have a penchant for data collection of the general population. To top it off, they got the guy who played him in the Social Network, when they hire a guy who plays the same character in every film he's in, it's obvious what they want. It's like how the 80's Lex was based on the fat-cats of Wall-Street, this Lex represents the modern equivalent.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Black Panther. They actually cast a good actor to play him unlike Gal. Not too mention he's far more interesting than WW.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wondy cause....Gal...Mmmmm

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Diana, because she isn't just a face in a crowd. Plus she's already stolen a trailer and left the two main characters scratching their heads.

Plus, this is pretty much a guaranteed win for DC/WB unless the rest of the movie is a massive pile of doo-doo.

No Caption Provided

Where as this really needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat to not be Age of Ultron v.2

No Caption Provided

(Note: I am aware CW has a proven team behind it, but the greatness of Winter Soldier may not translate to this simply because of the type of movie it's going to be aka. not a political spy thriller.)

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

There's no doubt both will be pivotal. Wonder Woman is the first superhero movie to star a female lead. Black Panther will be the first to star an African American superhero. It's really though as I love both characters. I gotta go with Tchalla on this one though.