• 59 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The new trailer for the next big DC film, Wonder Woman, has gone live, and it seems to be an epic film mixing the superhero and war genres. While on the surface, it looks like an action-packed adventure, the trailer revealed quite a bit about the story and its characters, and we're breaking down each moment to see what we can learn.

No Caption Provided

The trailer starts with Diana (Gal Gadot) walking into the Louvre. During the opening moments, it looks like this is taking place in present day.

No Caption Provided

She examines a picture that looks about 100 years old. In it, Diana, also known as Wonder Woman, stands with a group of soldiers. She hasn't aged a day.

No Caption Provided

We jump to Diana looking out as a plane crashes into the ocean. She's at her home on the island of Themyscira, which is closed off to the world of man. Only women, known as Amazons, live there.

No Caption Provided

Diana jumps into the ocean and pulls out a man, who we quickly find out is Steve Trevor (Chris Pine).

No Caption Provided

A group of soldiers appears on the beach and rushes towards a brigade of Amazonian warriors.

No Caption Provided

The men are outmatched by the Amazons. Their guns are no match for trained warriors on horseback, believe it or not.

No Caption Provided

One man fires a bullet, and it zooms past Diana and Steve, but it ends up hitting one of the Amazons.

No Caption Provided

Steve Trevor is brought before a council. He tells them that his mission is to stop the war, the war to end all wars. He's talking about World War I, which took place between 1914-1918.

No Caption Provided

We quickly see a gas mask get destroyed by a corrosive gas. The voiceover mentions weapons "far deadlier than you can ever imagine."

No Caption Provided

We quickly see a woman whose face is covered. This is actress Elena Anaya, and it's been rumored she is playing Doctor Poison. However, her mask also reminds us more of another Wonder Woman villain, Doctor Cyber.

No Caption Provided

Actor Danny Huston appears saying, "The world can be ours." It's apparent he is a part of the German military. There isn't any info on his character's name yet or if he's based on anybody from the comic book series.

No Caption Provided

We get to see a shot of Themyscira. It's huge and beautiful.

No Caption Provided

Diana decides to take a shield and the Sword of Athena, in order to follow Steve Trevor on his travels. She says, "I cannot standby while innocent lives are lost." We're thinking there must be a connection between WWI and Themyscira; otherwise, why would Diana be so quick to help?

No Caption Provided

Diana says it's her "sacred duty to defend the world," and that's what she is going to do. It's time for her to go to war.

No Caption Provided

She steps onto the battlefield, alone, and blocks a bullet with her gauntlets. This is the second time we see this, during the trailer.

No Caption Provided

Diana walks through an elegant party, with her sword slid down the back of her dress. It's in relatively plain sight, but she always seems prepared for a fight. She looks a bit unsure when she walks through the room. Maybe Diana is there to assassinate someone, and she's not sure if it's the right thing to do.

No Caption Provided

We get a better look at Elena Anaya's character. Something happened to the lower part of her face, which is why she's wearing that mask.

No Caption Provided

Diana uses the Lasso of Truth on the person she's fighting. It looks as though it could be Danny Huston's character. Diana ends up slamming him to the ground. Did Huston's character get superhuman abilities?

No Caption Provided

Diana and what looks like to be Huston's character get into a fistfight. Again, he may have gained metahuman abilities if he can go toe-to-toe with Wonder Woman.

No Caption Provided

We briefly see Diana block some sort of energy with her gauntlets. Time and time again, throughout the trailer, we see just how important the gauntlets are.

No Caption Provided

During the final moments, Diana tries on a dress and wonders how someone can fight in it. Etta Candy (Lucy Davis) says "Fight? We use our principals." Candy then mentions she will engage in fisticuffs if she has to. There is an element of humor to the film, but it seems the focus will mainly be on the war.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Lookin good.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Hopefully he's Ares. I would prefer that over him using tech or taking some sort of quick formula...

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

My reaction to seeing finally seeing a WW movie trailer: GREAT HERA! ABOUT DAMN TIME!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 owie  Moderator

This continues to look awesome. I feel like Wonder Woman may bring us some of our best cinematic fight scenes.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HeroUp2112

@inferiorego:

Just to hopefully help out some. The soldiers on the beach are dressed and armed as German Navymen. Also, the name on the landing boat the Navymen are jumping off is called Schwaben, which is German for Swabia...which at the time was a cultural and ethic region of Germany which is now split between the modern German states of Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria. (lol that last bit I had to Google :) ).

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh you didn't point out the fact she was flying (or hovering) when she blocked the lightning. If she does fly I wonder how they will explain why she didn't during BvS?

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks really good. It will probably be my most anticipated movie for 2017.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

This continues to look awesome. I feel like Wonder Woman may bring us some of our best cinematic fight scenes.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good, I'm actually warming up to Gal's accent.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good. Here's hoping DC finally hit there streak in the DCCU

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@lukehero said:

Hopefully he's Ares. I would prefer that over him using tech or taking some sort of quick formula...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#13 inferiorego  Staff
Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of now

1: Logan

2: Wonder Woman

3: Justice League

4: Thor Ragnarok

5: Guardians of the Galaxy

6: Spider Man

I agree with this list. It's strange that a Fox X-Men film has me the most excited . Doesn't Fox have another movie coming out next year or is it just Logan?

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh you didn't point out the fact she was flying (or hovering) when she blocked the lightning. If she does fly I wonder how they will explain why she didn't during BvS?

I guess I just assumed that's how she got to the battle with DD.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:

I think it was confirmed she was a long distance jumper like Hulk? We'll see what happens.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Eto

Cant wait for the extended cut!

Seriouslyy though, this movie has to be good,otherwise the dceu is doomed. only Batman solo movie can blow away the critics and that's prolly in 2018?

@lordraiden: *DCEU :)

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego:

Any ol' time my useless knowledge of military history can be of help :)

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: ah I never saw that. Maybe she's sitting in the invisible jet then lol

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Heatforce

@ready_4_madness: Oh dayum so that means Fox will only have one movie out next year. Well, 6 it is like this year.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looking pretty good.

LuffyDUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I hope this ends up being one of the best cbms

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RabumAlal

Hahah, it will be funny when we come back to this thread after a terrible movie and feel sad about the upper comments of hype.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Awwwwwww F-you DCEU..... It looks amazing, but I don't trust you anymore..... I want this to be great, but I never get what I want............ I'm going to get drunk.

:(

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dark_Stranger

It looks nice. But so did the past three films. An they weren't all that great. Especially the last two.

Not to mention that the Extended Edition of BvS didn't improve much either. Was still a not so good film. Not sure I want to bother with the SS Extended Edition either, since I feel it won't change much of my opinion.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

This looks wonderful.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As of now

1: Logan

2: Wonder Woman

3: Justice League

4: Thor Ragnarok

5: Guardians of the Galaxy

6: Spider Man

Yessir.

Doesn't Fox have another movie coming out next year or is it just Logan?

Nah, just Logan.

Deadpool 2 doesn't come out until 2018. I haven't heard any news on the next X-Men movie except it's supposed to take place in the 90s. Last I heard about New Mutants, the script was complete, but the Director has so many other projects, there's no telling when they'll start filming that.

Dozzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it looks ok

lagoonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lagoonman

So the character played by Elena Anaya appears to be a mix of Dr Poison and Dr Cyber ( for the disfigured face) and Danny Huston can be the Duke of deception or the Earl of greed or other agent of Ares maybe.( General destruction and Lord Conquest also comes to mind)

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cagnazzo82

This looks like it may possibly, maybe, just maybe... be the first actual epic DC movie in its current on-going cinematic universe. (at least in my most humble opinion)

The trailer looked really good. And this is coming from someone who's not really much of a WW fan.

Dare I say I'm looking forward to this movie? Yes, I dare... I dare do say :)

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

Wonder Woman

Justice League

Thor Ragnarok

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Spider Man

..........its going to be a great year!

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that the sale of Warner Bros is imminent, we can get some accurate movie reviews. Yeah I'm a conspiracy theorist! Lol!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

@gotham331: Not eminent. The deal hasn't gone through, and if it does, it won't be official til late 2017, lol. We got time before AT&T.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughingbatman said:

I think it was confirmed she was a long distance jumper like Hulk? We'll see what happens.

Gal said herself that Wonder Woman had stamina, strength and could jump really high. Made it vague imo. We'll see I guess.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking good !!!

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By Wilbertus

Looks good but the German officer speaking American English made me cringe.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Great trailer, hope it's a great movie. I wonder, are those other guys from the photo characters in the comics?

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't understand why she needs to block bullets. If she can take many hits from Doomsday in BvS then she should be bulletproof to regular calibre rounds.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By brucerogers

@lordrequiem said:

I still don't understand why she needs to block bullets. If she can take many hits from Doomsday in BvS then she should be bulletproof to regular calibre rounds.

Same reason why she has been traditionally weak to bullets in spite of going toe to toe with Superman level opponents. She just has poor piercing resistance.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This WWI era prosthetic mask reminds me of Richard Harrow from BE. Love it.

All in all, loved the trailer more than the first one, though I'm kind of annoyed that it has to be a thing with every comic book movie sprinkle a joke here and there. Screw it, team Snyder all the way!

That theme though.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

To be honest, I will be amazed if Elena Anaya's character, a scarred doctor that specializes in gasses and toxins, turns out to be anyone but Dr. Poison, a scarred doctor that specializes in gasses and toxins. I meant just look at this early version... spitting image of the first picture (scar however is the grin)

No Caption Provided

And later perhaps she dons the more modern outfit:

No Caption Provided

bopowicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my best friend's mother-in-law makes $81 every hour on the laptop . She has been laid off for 8 months but last month her payment was $18813 just working on the laptop for a few hours.

hop over to here...Open it and Click on FINANCE HOME OR TECH OPTION FOR MORE INFO=====>>>>>>>>www.four-daily.com

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will always preffer DC superheroes over Marvel´s but Warner does not know to do the films this heroes deserve and fans want to watch

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will always preffer DC superheroes over Marvel´s but Warner does not know to do the films this heroes deserve and fans want to watch

I'm a fan and I've loved the DCEU movies so far (minus Suicide Squad, which was just OK).

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it!! and at least she got a hot man

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers