Will Green Goblin show up in the reboot trilogy at all?

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheHulk

Hulk believe that the Green Goblin should make appearance at some point in the reboot trilogy for SpiderMan. Hulk heard that maybe he'll show up in the 3rd movie. Is this true?

Hulk WANT GG to show up. Goblin one of the biggest classics when it comes to Spidey villains. So, Hulk would love to see what they could do for him.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

He will show up, he will be treated like "Spider-Man's greatest foe", and Gwen will most likely die.

And then I'll flip off the screen as I leave the theater.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheHulk

@Decoy Elite said:

He will show up, he will be treated like "Spider-Man's greatest foe", and Gwen will most likely die.

And then I'll flip off the screen as I leave the theater.

Hulk wonder how they would do him though.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

@TheHulk: They'd thread him like some great mastermind and have him go crazy after being foiled so that he can toss Gwen off a bridge.

Oh and he'll know Peter is Spider-Man the whole time because he's just that smart.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AtPhantom

We know from the first movie that Osborn exists, has sponsored Connors' work, and is apparently dying from an unknown disease. There's no question he'll appear in the future.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JonSmith

@TheHulk said:

Hulk wonder how they would do him though.

Well, let's see... We know from the movie Connor invented a cross species serum that was supposed to introduce the regenerative qualities of Lizard DNA into the human body. We also know this resulted in him attaining those regenerative properties a thousand fold (evidenced by his rapid regeneration from the shotgun blasts, even while being frozen in liquid nitrogen) along with the Lizard DNA overwriting his human side. Now, from the game AND movie, we know Peter has a unique blend in his body that allows him to metabolize cross species DNA effectively, hence why when bitten by the spiders in Oscorp, Pete got Spider powers. Now where did this blend come from? Well, we can extrapolate that Peter's father experimented on his son prior to leaving him. Probably with a prototype version of the cross species formula that Connor continued in his absence. Now why didn't Connor use this if it apparently had no downsides? Because Connor didn't know, hence why in the game, he only discovered the stabilized version in Pete WAY after it would have benefited using it.

Now, we also know that there are other cross species from the game, and the effects vary specifically on the combo used: Animals mutated by a blend of cross species formula, which since I'll probably be using as a term extensively from this point forward, I'll refer to as CSF, and human DNA results in humanoid animals with only animalistic intelligence, specifically, mostly going off instinct, and mostly violently insane. The only exception is the Scorpion, who is far more intelligent, sufficiently enough to begin learning speech, though this is most likely from some odd black ooze Otto Octavius yanked off a satellite and introduced into the Scorpions system rather than the CSF. Anyway, Humans with an animal blend maintain intelligence, but also become violently insane.

Now, back to Norman: He more likely than not knows Peter was in Oscorp nosing around. You really think they wouldn't have any surveillance cameras on the upper floors Pete was snooping around? Norman more likely than not suppressed the footage, keeping it to himself since he knew what Peter's father had done, and Connor's experiments weren't yielding any results. More likely than not, he sent that guy (whose name escapes me) to open that door for Pete, leading Pete into the spider room, just to see what would happen.

Considering Norman was allegedly dying from some disease that required this cross species formula to cure him, he wasn't losing anything by allowing Pete to try this, and it may yield results from Pete's father's experiments where Connor hasn't. Win-win. When Spider-man popped up, boom, Norman has his proof that the prototype serum works, and has no downsides.

Now, Norman also knows that any abilities conferred by the extra species (in Spidey's case, a spider, in Connor's, a lizards regenerative properties) are increased exponentially. So, rather than using some animal, he instead uses his own DNA as the extra blend in the CSF. This ends up increasing all of Norman's abilities, his strength, speed, intelligence, etc, all are drastically increased, much like in the Ultimate Universe with the OZ formula. Unfortunately, this also increases his bad sides. Spider's are creatures of instincts, hence why Peter in the movie moves like a spider on occasion (when wrapping up the Lizard, for example) but it doesn't effect his mind. Norman will effectively be adding MORE Norman to his mind. So yeah, crazy increased exponentially. Hence, the Green Goblin's activities.

... That was a lot more than what I set out to write... Sorry.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

He'll be Ultimate style. Calling it now.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite

@InnerVenom123 said:

He'll be Ultimate style. Calling it now.

He might be tolerable if he is.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@Decoy Elite: Green Goblin was Spiderman's greatest enemy until they brought him back and f**ked it all up. Also Ultimate GG is a half assed Hulk rip off

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite

@joshmightbe said:

@Decoy Elite: Green Goblin was Spiderman's greatest enemy until they brought him back and f**ked it all up. Also Ultimate GG is a half assed Hulk rip off

GG was never Spider-Man's greatest enemy IMO. He certainly hurt Peter the most, but he died soon after. Ock would be the true greatest foe IMO, given just how often they've fought and just how deep seeded the rivalry is. Venom or Carnage would be his most dangerous foes.

Fun fact: Ult GG is actual based off the original concept of GG(that he was going to be an actual goblin monster).

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Binski

I think the Hob Goblin will show up before the Green one.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@Decoy Elite: I've never given a crap about Ock aside from Spider man 2

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Decoy Elite

@joshmightbe: Eh, I'm a classic Spider-Man fan and he was awesome back then. Writers don't seem to get him of late. Especially Slott.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@Decoy Elite: I love classic Spidey Ock just never interested me. Most of the time he was just your standard mad scientist type/criminal mastermind both have been done better by other Siderman villains

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Decoy Elite

@joshmightbe: I don't know, I just always loved the rivalry he had going with Spider-Man. I can't really explain why.

Also he's always been the defacto leader of most anti-Spider-Man team ups.

But again I'm biased as all heck when it comes to Ock.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

@Decoy Elite: I just never took him as an actual threat, even his good showings never really impressed me.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Decoy Elite

@joshmightbe: He's always a credible threat, he thrashed Spidey in their first encounter and still kept up ever since for the most part. He just looks non-threatening, which is all part of the charm of his design.

_Azure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Azure

@AtPhantom said:

We know from the first movie that Osborn exists, has sponsored Connors' work, and is apparently dying from an unknown disease. There's no question he'll appear in the future.

Exactly. I'm interested to see what he'll look like!