• 98 results
kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By kbroskywalker

Tfa is a good(but overrated to say the least) stand alone film. However its not a standalone film, its a star wars film, and it utterly ruined the star wars franchise.

TFA could have been the most wel acted, best directed, best excuted fim of all time, it wouldn't matter/ It wouldn't matter because with tfa's premise, jj Abrams completely undermines the 6 films that came before it. If the new empire(led by gollum and emo ben) comes back into power right after falling, then What the hell was the point of vader's redemption? What the hell was the point of the 6 movies that came before? What the hell was the point of the tragedy and redemption of Anakin Skywalker? What the hell was the point of Luke's new jedi order if it was going to be destroyed right after being created? With TFA, the answer is simple, its completely meaningless. The new order is going to come, the jedi who somehow after beating the empire have just become underdogs eek out a suprise upset and we're back at esb. JJ Abrams rebooted star wars rather than actually build on it. Rather than actually build on the lore, he decided to make it completely meaningless and then repeat it. I don't know if it was abrams specifically, or disney's choice, but tfa has ruined star wars.

And before the "the prequels were similar to the ot too!" argument! Thats a very poorly made deflection. The prequel trilogy were prequels designed to give the ot a backstory. A backstory "rhyming like poetry" with what it leads up to, is clever creative writing. Making Anakin's story mirror Luke's except in the choices they make is a very cleverly made story. Furthermore the pt and ot are distictly different stories that mirror each other, they are not replicas of each other. Abrams made a sequel trilogy. The sequel trilogy should be a sequel. It should build off what came before it, not nullify the importance of what came before so it can repeat and repackage the story that we've already seen. The ending of the real star wars saga was that Luke would form a new jedi order. Rather than getting a story about a new jedi order learning from past mistakes and facing new challenges(you know a part of the eu disney decided to categorize as legends), we get to see the exact same story. We don't get to see luke in his prime guiding a new genration of guardians for hope and peace, we get him being a effing hermit who had his appretence betray him, kill off the new hope(the new jedi order) he was leading, and rather than help fight he got depressed and ran away(unlike obi wan kenobi). We don't get to see the jedi order grow and blossom, we just get to hear it got destroyed right after its creation. We don't get new adventures, and villians, we get the exact same enemy that we had in the last trilogy(chronologically)> We don't get a new star wars story built on the legend of the old, we get a cheapened unoriginal version of the same trilogy which so far isn't close to as good as the story its rehashing. Disney is rebooting star wars and lying to our face about it by calling its disrespectful creation a sequel, and the worst part, most people are falling for it.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Rehash the movie.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer

Don't forget destroying the Republic and waving that off without any story to what this New Republic was doing. Now of course there is new material pre-TFA, but even so. The Rebellion fought for this New Republic and in 5 seconds, it's gone.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In other news, water wet

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought most SW fans were happy/thrilled that EU/Legends is gone.'......

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Seriously? Are you another one of those "I hate TFA critics"? The movie was good. Better than good. It paid plenty of homage and continuity to the other 6 films and actually did a good job at continuing the story 30 years after ROTJ. If TFA was to feature another enemy besides the "Empire" people would be pissed (myself included) because 1: the Empire was such a great and classic enemy and 2: Most Expanded Universe stories feature the the Empire returning or regrouping/rebuilding. I was ready to pick the movie apart when i first saw it but after i did i couldn't say anything bad about the movie besides how Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) looked with his mask off. And believe me, i'm a very critical person. But Abhrams did great and even paid homeage to ANH. I know that pleasing everybody is impossible but most people who pick at TFA just seem like haters to me.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought most SW fans were happy/thrilled that EU/Legends is gone.'......

Nope

@kbroskywalker: Seriously? Are you another one of those "I hate TFA critics"? The movie was good. Better than good. It paid plenty of homage and continuity to the other 6 films and actually did a good job at continuing the story 30 years after ROTJ. If TFA was to feature another enemy besides the "Empire" people would be pissed (myself included) because 1: the Empire was such a great and classic enemy and 2: Most Expanded Universe stories feature the the Empire returning or regrouping/rebuilding. I was ready to pick the movie apart when i first saw it but after i did i couldn't say anything bad about the movie besides how Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) looked with his mask off. And believe me, i'm a very critical person. But Abhrams did great and even paid homeage to ANH. I know that pleasing everybody is impossible but most people who pick at TFA just seem like haters to me.

It paid homage by destroying the whole point of the ot(luke's new order), and then copying a new hope

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rey defeats Snoke by tapping into the Mary Sue Force :p

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

I'm so glad the hype around this movie is wearing off now. Back when it was released you couldn't tell anyone it was average at best without getting attacked lol

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spambot

@hyperion_x: I think its perfectly fine if you feel that way but your feelings on the movie don't preclude others from having a different opinion of it. I wanted it to be a great sw movie but I just saw too many flaws in it that would allow me to feel that way. Quite a few others agree with me while even more seem to share your opinion of it. Its not a big deal either way. Its to be expected. I wanted something that felt more like an original movie than an ot mash up.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Emperor339
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the movie but I had some problems with it. It certainly wasn't the gold-plated SW movie that some say it is. However, it was mostly enjoyable.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: as a stand alone film its good, but what it does to the star wars universe as a whole is infuriating

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tfa is a good(but overrated to say the least) stand alone film. However its not a standalone film, its a star wars film, and it utterly ruined the star wars franchise.

TFA could have been the most wel acted, best directed, best excuted fim of all time, it wouldn't matter/ It wouldn't matter because with tfa's premise, jj Abrams completely undermines the 6 films that came before it. If the new empire(led by gollum and emo ben) comes back into power right after falling, then What the hell was the point of vader's redemption? What the hell was the point of the 6 movies that came before? What the hell was the point of the tragedy and redemption of Anakin Skywalker? What the hell was the point of Luke's new jedi order if it was going to be destroyed right after being created? With TFA, the answer is simple, its completely meaningless. The new order is going to come, the jedi who somehow after beating the empire have just become underdogs eek out a suprise upset and we're back at esb. JJ Abrams rebooted star wars rather than actually build on it. Rather than actually build on the lore, he decided to make it completely meaningless and then repeat it. I don't know if it was abrams specifically, or disney's choice, but tfa has ruined star wars.

And before the "the prequels were similar to the ot too!" argument! Thats a very poorly made deflection. The prequel trilogy were prequels designed to give the ot a backstory. A backstory "rhyming like poetry" with what it leads up to, is clever creative writing. Making Anakin's story mirror Luke's except in the choices they make is a very cleverly made story. Furthermore the pt and ot are distictly different stories that mirror each other, they are not replicas of each other. Abrams made a sequel trilogy. The sequel trilogy should be a sequel. It should build off what came before it, not nullify the importance of what came before so it can repeat and repackage the story that we've already seen. The ending of the real star wars saga was that Luke would form a new jedi order. Rather than getting a story about a new jedi order learning from past mistakes and facing new challenges(you know a part of the eu disney decided to categorize as legends), we get to see the exact same story. We don't get to see luke in his prime guiding a new genration of guardians for hope and peace, we get him being a effing hermit who had his appretence betray him, kill off the new hope(the new jedi order) he was leading, and rather than help fight he got depressed and ran away(unlike obi wan kenobi). We don't get to see the jedi order grow and blossom, we just get to hear it got destroyed right after its creation. We don't get new adventures, and villians, we get the exact same enemy that we had in the last trilogy(chronologically)> We don't get a new star wars story built on the legend of the old, we get a cheapened unoriginal version of the same trilogy which so far isn't close to as good as the story its rehashing. Disney is rebooting star wars and lying to our face about it by calling its disrespectful creation a sequel, and the worst part, most people are falling for it.

Actually I was going to say the prequels stunk. Well maybe the first one was meh- okay and the second half of the third prequel was kinda cool because of Anakin's fall from grace. I do get your complaint but I still enjoyed the force awakens for what it was. It would have been cooler if the prequels were rebooted though. I feel like star wars has a better backstory than what Lucas presented to us.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kbroskywalker

@heatforce: I agree the first two aren't good(but i do like the third), but regardless of how good you think the prequels were, the prequels didn't ruin the importance of the ot unlike tfa. The new sequel trilogy may well be better stand alone films than the pt. The problem is the sequel trilogy's premise completely diminishes star wars

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Amendment50

TFA was easily better (loads more watchable) than any of the previous Star Wars movies

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TFA was easily better (loads more watchable) than any of the previous Star Wars movies

Whaaaaat? Hahaha. C'mon. No way does it come close to touching Episode 4 or 5. I'd argue Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi both had bigger moments as well.

Also, I think what sticks out in my head the most about TFA is there are literally no memorable locations. Even the prequel films had memorable locales, Naboo, Coruscant, etc. TFA gives us a boring desert world, a cantina by a lake, and that's it really.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I suppose disregarding the fact it had god awful villians, worse acting, worse dialogue, worse characters and a story that basically copied the ot, it was better than the ot.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I'm a long time Star Wars fan and I liked the Force Awakens. The series needed a reboot that called back to the original series after the horrible prequels. It needed the movie to say "we're doing everything you used to like." As for the notion that the conclusion of Return of the Jedi was for naught because the Galaxy is now dealing with another tyrannical group is misguided. When empires fall, the vacuum is often filled by more of the same with a different face. Look at the fall of Saddam Hussein and the rise of Isis, the defeat of Kaiser Wilhelm's Germany and the rise of Hitler's Germany, the French Revolution led to Napoleon's war across Europe, and when Josip Tito died, Yugoslavia erupted into a series of bloody wars between all member states. Nature abhors a vacuum and the same can be said of power. Those who want it the most seize it.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not a Star Wars fan, but I found this funny

Loading Video...

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: Revenge of the sith was fine, the clone wars was incredibly succesful, star wars was totally fine, there was no need to reboot it and disney's claim it was a sequel was incredibly disingenious. And I have no clue why you brought yugoslavia or sadam husseign into this, the rotj ending was made for naught because disney fcked up

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Some of the politics in the movie just weren't touched upon at all

Like why is Leia leading rebel forces? The republic was back in power. If anyone should be labeled rebels it would be the first order.

I do agree the underlying problem was JJ was too busy making a homage to ANH though

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: If I can remember from the novels( which are poorly written btw) Leias reputation as Vaders daughter damaged her political standing and The New Republic didn't support her against the First a Order. So she started The Resistance( which was just Rebels 2.0 in Aesthetic, staff and almost namesake). Now ignoring how TFO was basically scattered Imperial Remnants and how these people had the galaxy under control for years I find it baffling TNR was stupid enough to not launch grand assaults against them. Knowing full well about 30 years earlier a Sith Lord was basically pulling the strings. It's baffling

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

LOL. K.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kbroskywalker

@nerevarine_11:

I would really like post rotj disney canon to be declared non canon somehow.

The New Republic didn't support her against the First a Order. eias reputation as Vaders daughter damaged her political standing

Thats so stupid

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: If I can remember from the novels( which are poorly written btw) Leias reputation as Vaders daughter damaged her political standing and The New Republic didn't support her against the First a Order. So she started The Resistance( which was just Rebels 2.0 in Aesthetic, staff and almost namesake). Now ignoring how TFO was basically scattered Imperial Remnants and how these people had the galaxy under control for years I find it baffling TNR was stupid enough to not launch grand assaults against them. Knowing full well about 30 years earlier a Sith Lord was basically pulling the strings. It's baffling

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11 said:

#MAKE DISNEYNONCANON

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed with TFA's rehash myself. I'll not be seeing the sequels until they've been in theaters a few months and unless they blow me away won't be a part of my head canon SW universe.

EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much true in the op words. I always considered the prequels better than the sequels. I seen them first, and the Sith were true to their cause.

They weren't emo teens throwing temper tantrums because so Mary sue Jedi got away.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget destroying the Republic and waving that off without any story to what this New Republic was doing. Now of course there is new material pre-TFA, but even so. The Rebellion fought for this New Republic and in 5 seconds, it's gone.

Don't forget that new jedi order!

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By alextheboss

@kbroskywalker: I'm pretty sure JJ didn't write the movie at all. He just directed it.

The movie probably would of been better if the first order didn't have a super weapon and they were more of just an evil organization that came from the empire that is only around the same strength as the good side. That way you feel like the original movies had a real impact at saving the galaxy and this new order is just a shadow of the former empire.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kbroskywalker

@alextheboss: Should have just based it off the post rotj eu

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Star Wars fan, but I found this funny

Loading Video...

Holy shit, 3:02-3:25 yesssss

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It was a very uninspired , by the numbers movie that was overly inspired by the OT, if that makes any sense, lol.

Bereft of any soul. It was JUST a product. It was simply a re-animated corpse of the OT with a skin job to get that diversity quota fulfilled.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: Sounds a lot like how the pokemon show recycled ash being inexperieced in kanto....

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: Sounds a lot like how the pokemon show recycled ash being inexperieced in kanto....

I mean... if that makes sense to you.

Seems random you bring up Pokemon but whatever floats yer boat.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kbroskywalker
judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, if anything, Lucas controlling the prequels ruined the franchise. Cgi abuse and Jar-Jar has aged horribly, and that's not deflection, because we're talking about TFA as it fits into the other films. but whatever, fite me.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: remember to bring your umbrella it's gonna be a big one

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergeant-rl3: NO they didn't. The prequel trilogy's existince doesn't make the ot's story irrelevant, or make anakin's redeemption irrelevant, nor was it a reboot branded as a sequel. Furthermore the lack of gratitude for George Lucas is incredible. Yes, there were two bad movies, there was also a good movie in rots, a great show in droids, a fantastic micro series in ocw, and a even more fantastic anaimted show in tcw, various great novels, video games, and comics all that were produced while George Lucas owned Star Wars. Many of which took place during the prequel era and many which came after and built on the legacy of the ot, some which gave the sw story a past prior to the movies. Disney decided to stop all those stories, stop tcw, said fck you to a rich star wars era(the prequel era), and then made the story of star wars generated by multiple mediums telling the story of multiple eras and generations in the sw universe and created by george lucas himself completely and utterly pointless.

Star wars was doing fine before disney came, and then disney ruined it.