WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!???

Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Midnightist

question how did people get a thousand points for the page?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"I don't know if its really that racist though. I mean, when I look at it and read it I just think its silly and somewhat comical."
"It only last's one hour I call it C.P.T (Colored people time)"
That's not racist?
"
Not really no. I think its funny to be honest."
I'm not saying it's not funny...it's not ok though.
Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Resonate

everything I thought I knew is wrong

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Resonate said:
"everything I thought I knew is wrong"
LMFAO.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By warlock360

Its a bug, I'm trying to get someone to delete them from my account, i only got 80 and when i got back in WHAM 2k woot....

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#156  Edited By castleking

can he run faster then a speeding cop car jump a fence in a single bound   now that would b racist...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Vance Astro said:
I'm not saying it's not funny...it's not ok though."
Why not though? Its no different then the things we see or hear on The Chappelle Show, or Robot Chicken, or Aqua Teen Hunger Force lol. I seriously think it was meant to get laughs. Maybe it is wrong I don't know. I'm just saying from my point of view I don't see anything wrong with it. At least its not a black dude who's superpower is to turn into a white dude ;P
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Midnightist
Voidheart said:
"Its a bug, I'm trying to get someone to delete them from my account, i only got 80 and when i got back in WHAM 2k woot...."
i figured it was It just seamed wrong you know a racist comic character getting over 2000 points I don't even know why but its seemed wrong
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By warlock360
Midnightist said:
"Voidheart said:
"Its a bug, I'm trying to get someone to delete them from my account, i only got 80 and when i got back in WHAM 2k woot...."
i figured it was It just seamed wrong you know a racist comic character getting over 2000 points I don't even know why but its seemed wrong"
... O.o
Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Resonate
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
At least its not a black dude who's superpower is to turn into a white dude ;P"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
Why not though? Its no different then the things we see or hear on The Chappelle Show, or Robot Chicken, or Aqua Teen Hunger Force lol. I seriously think it was meant to get laughs. Maybe it is wrong I don't know. I'm just saying from my point of view I don't see anything wrong with it. At least its not a black dude who's superpower is to turn into a white dude ;P"
Gambler..the difference is DC has a racist background.Chappelle Show,Robot Chicken,and AHTF are all comedy.They were not made to offend.Now while the writer is black so we know this isn't a white person making fun of us..I don't think DC is a company that can afford race jokes after so many purposely racist overtones in the past.Things that were not done for a laugh but to be ignorant to other races.
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Midnightist
Voidheart said:
"Midnightist said:
"Voidheart said:
i figured it was It just seamed wrong you know a racist comic character getting over 2000 points I don't even know why but its seemed wrong"
... O.o"
never mind forget what I said it was stupid I don't even know why I said something
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
castleking said:
"can he run faster then a speeding cop car jump a fence in a single bound   now that would b racist..."
Thanks.We know the stereotypes....
sigh
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By castleking

i posted it cause no one answered my question, what can he do? and why is his pants being held up by a rope

Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Midnightist
castleking said:
"i posted it cause no one answered my question, what can he do?"
black lightning bolts and starting riots probably
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
Why not though? Its no different then the things we see or hear on The Chappelle Show, or Robot Chicken, or Aqua Teen Hunger Force lol. I seriously think it was meant to get laughs. Maybe it is wrong I don't know. I'm just saying from my point of view I don't see anything wrong with it. At least its not a black dude who's superpower is to turn into a white dude ;P"
Gambler..the difference is DC has a racist background.Chappelle Show,Robot Chicken,and AHTF are all comedy.They were not made to offend.Now while the writer is black so we know this isn't a white person making fun of us..I don't think DC is a company that can afford race jokes after so many purposely racist overtones in the past.Things that were not done for a laugh but to be ignorant to other races."
I think you're reading to deep into it. Especially if the writer is black.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#167  Edited By Static Shock
Nighthunter said:
""or it could be based in one of the other meanings.....

In a Feminist reading of the Bible and of later Jewish and Christian traditions, Jezebel can be seen as a strong and assertive woman, who was attacked and finally murdered by the fanatic male representatives of a male-dominated religion, and whose memory was continually vilified for thousands of years for the same reason - i.e. "because she was a strong and independent woman who did not let men dominate her, and who continued to defy the aggressive males to her last breath"

• Secularists and Atheists also have reasons to take Jezebel's side, as having been "the victim of aggressive religious fanatics who did not scruple to resort to mass killing in order to enforce their point of view"
  • Also Isaac Asimov, an outspoken atheist who had a Jewish upbringing, took Jezebel's side, presenting her in his novel Caves of Steel as an ideal wife, and a woman who, in full compliance with the mores of the time, promotes her own religion conscientiously.
  • On the other hand, some Israeli peace activists such as Uri Avnery took up the story of Naboth as a symbol of the theft of Palestinian lands, with Jezebel thus in effect cast in the role of the present-day Israeli settlers on the West Bank.
"

Sorry, but out of all the names in the world, they could have given her a different name. When people hear Jezebel, they don't think about the 'strong and assertive' meaning of the word.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By castleking

isnt " black bomber"  another way of saying  sh@#t

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
Gambler..the difference is DC has a racist background.Chappelle Show,Robot Chicken,and AHTF are all comedy.They were not made to offend.Now while the writer is black so we know this isn't a white person making fun of us..I don't think DC is a company that can afford race jokes after so many purposely racist overtones in the past.Things that were not done for a laugh but to be ignorant to other races."
I think you're reading to deep into it. Especially if the writer is black."
If I didn't know anything about DC before I read this...then maybe it would seem so.
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Midnightist

I just found this on wikipedia

"The original candidate for DC Comics' first headlining black superhero was a character called the Black Bomber, a black hero who was actually a white racist and later described by cartoon and self proclaimed comics historian Don Markstein as "an insult to practically everybody with any point of view at all." When the editor who had approved the Black Bomber left the company before the character had seen print, Tony Isabella (whose previous writing experience included Luke Cage, Marvel Comics first black superhero with his own title) was asked to salvage the character; Isabella managed to convince editors of his Black Lightning character which he had been working on for some time, mentioning that his characters along the way were merely stepping stones.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Midnightist said:
"I just found this on wikipedia
"The original candidate for DC Comics' first headlining black superhero was a character called the Black Bomber, a black hero who was actually a white racist and later described by cartoon and self proclaimed comics historian Don Markstein as "an insult to practically everybody with any point of view at all." When the editor who had approved the Black Bomber left the company before the character had seen print, Tony Isabella (whose previous writing experience included Luke Cage, Marvel Comics first black superhero with his own title) was asked to salvage the character; Isabella managed to convince editors of his Black Lightning character which he had been working on for some time, mentioning that his characters along the way were merely stepping stones.
"
WTF DID I TELL YOU!!!! LOL Now let's pretend DC isn't racist.
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172  Edited By Mr. Wilson

One more reason to dislike DC.......lol  :)

Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Midnightist
Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"
WTF DID I TELL YOU!!!! LOL Now let's pretend DC isn't racist."
Im hoping the fact they didn't go with him is a proof for them lol
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Midnightist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"
WTF DID I TELL YOU!!!! LOL Now let's pretend DC isn't racist."
Im hoping the fact they didn't go with him is a proof for them lol"
I was actually looking for that..someone told me this story when I was in Canada.I didn't know it was Black Bomber though.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#175  Edited By Nighthunter

Because Marvel didn't do anything rascist ever, the Mandarin anyone?

Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Midnightist
Nighthunter said:
"Because Marvel didn't do anything rascist ever, the Mandarin anyone?"
oh hes racist as he!! and old Luke Cage is too
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nighthunter said:
Well Defenders and Captain America was quite racist...BEFORE MARVEL owned them.I don't see anything racist about the Mandarin though.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By castleking

the mandarin was done with respect not satire or racist intentions

c no hint of racist intent
c no hint of racist intent
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
oh hes racist as he!! and old Luke Cage is too"
Luke Cage isn't racist...he's based on a few stereotypes but that's about it.Bendis revived Cage.
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Midnightist
Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
Luke Cage isn't racist...he's based on a few stereotypes but that's about it.Bendis revived Cage."
no the Mandarin was racist and so was luke Cage but not anymore they changed
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Midnightist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
Luke Cage isn't racist...he's based on a few stereotypes but that's about it.Bendis revived Cage."
no the Mandarin was racist and so was luke Cage but not anymore they changed"
Explain how.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
Isn't that what the scan you posted is? A Sterotype? I'm still not seeing any racism. Isn't the writer black?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
Isn't that what the scan you posted is? A Sterotype? I'm still not seeing any racism. Isn't the writer black?"
Yes but Cage is black...the Black Bomber is not.
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Midnightist
Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
Explain how."
the original Mandarin was created to represent communism as an evil as were most of Iron Man's enemies and Cage was made off of black stereotypes but sometimes I say thats they same thing as racist
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By castleking

and when the stereo types were coming out it was in the 60's 70's and 80's no excuse for it now in our time

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
Isn't that what the scan you posted is? A Sterotype? I'm still not seeing any racism. Isn't the writer black?"
Yes but Cage is black...the Black Bomber is not."
So if he was black, then what he said would be cool with you, but since he's a white dude who changes into a black dude you have a problem with it?
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Midnightist
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
no but both were somewhat ignorant to real black people (Bomber still is )
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Midnightist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
Explain how."
the original Mandarin was created to represent communism as an evil as were most of Iron Man's enemies and Cage was made off of black stereotypes but sometimes I say thats they same thing as racist"
Ok...your kind of right.Cage was based on what Black people thought was cool in that time period.The Mandarin like all of Iron Man's first enemies were based on communism but it wasn't racist toward asians because Russians are not asian and alot of Iron Man's early enemies were Russians.Representing the arms race between Russia and the United States.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Nighthunter said:
So if he was black, then what he said would be cool with you, but since he's a white dude who changes into a black dude you have a problem with it?"
Yes.
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Midnightist
Vance Astro said:

Ok...your kind of right.Cage was based on what Black people thought was cool in that time period.The Mandarin like all of Iron Man's first enemies were based on communism but it wasn't racist toward asians because Russians are not asian and alot of Iron Man's early enemies were Russians.Representing the arms race between Russia and the United States."
but he was just more than a crack at communist he was an attack on asians as well. He had many characteristics that people that all asians had that were wrong and cruel.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Midnightist said:
"Vance Astro said:

Ok...your kind of right.Cage was based on what Black people thought was cool in that time period.The Mandarin like all of Iron Man's first enemies were based on communism but it wasn't racist toward asians because Russians are not asian and alot of Iron Man's early enemies were Russians.Representing the arms race between Russia and the United States."
but he was just more than a crack at communist he was an attack on asians as well. He had many characteristics that people that all asians had that were wrong and cruel."
You mean like this?
caption
caption

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Well if we're gonna be all sensitive about the scan, why is no one mentioning Vixen's prejudice against fat people?
"Your a fat guy in street clothes, what can you do?"
She's saying just cause he's fat that he cant do anything productive. Why aren't we all up in arms over this ;)
Apparently the DCU is not only racist but prejudice against in shape challenged people as well.

Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Midnightist
Vance Astro said:
"Midnightist said:
"Vance Astro said:

but he was just more than a crack at communist he was an attack on asians as well. He had many characteristics that people that all asians had that were wrong and cruel."
You mean like this?
caption
caption

"
yes
Gambler said:
"Well if we're gonna be all sensitive about the scan, why is no one mentioning Vixen's prejudice against fat people?
She's saying just cause he's fat that he cant do anything productive. Why aren't we all up in arms over this ;)
Apparently the DCU is not only racist but prejudice against in shape challenged people as well."
your right though she shouldn't have made fun of his weight
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"Well if we're gonna be all sensitive about the scan, why is no one mentioning Vixen's prejudice against fat people?
Apparently the DCU is not only racist but prejudice against in shape challenged people as well."
Well that wouldn't be prejudice..that would actually be accurate.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
Well that wouldn't be prejudice..that would actually be accurate."
Really? How so? No more accurate then Black People Time.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#196  Edited By Nighthunter
Vance Astro said:
.I don't see anything racist about the Mandarin though."
Quoting "I'm a marvel and I'm a DC"

An evil hearthless villain named the mandarin? Good luck with no offending anyone with that
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nighthunter said:
"Vance Astro said:
.I don't see anything racist about the Mandarin though."
Quoting "I'm a marvel and I'm a DC"

An evil hearthless villain named the mandarin? Good luck with no offending anyone with that"
What?
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
Well that wouldn't be prejudice..that would actually be accurate."
Really? How so? No more accurate then Black People Time."
If you were a superhero and you are wating for a group of superheroes who are going to help you to walk through the door and a fat man wearing regular clothes walk in..would you think he was powerful or useful?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"

"
That is by far the best Cage scan ever..Cage kicked Doom's f#ckin ass too.