Why is Marvel Comics so bad?...

Minotauro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like really...

The editors seem to think nothing is wrong. They KNOW you are going to buy(Marvelites), and I wouldn't doubt you would suck it right up even when it's garbage, even now. So from Marvel fans (or true fans as they call themselves) why would you give into a creative staff that thinks little of you, and you will consume anything they put out (Tom brevoort for example)? They don't care about the current direction. They want to disguise it like it's all part of some scheme when the whole ANAD is BS from the start.

Hence why they are losing market share and dollars to their competition who's actually doing it RIGHT!

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't care about losing market in the comic industry for some months since their movies give way more money, they will undo all the changes that fans hate one day to not lose their comic fandom forever but they are in no hurry to do that unless they believe it will cause irreversible damage to their public.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Marvel is bad.

Try buying some of their old TPBS and the few gems they have.

Captain America by Brubaker, JMS and Kieron Gillen's Thor, DNA Guardians and Nova, Brubaker and Fraction Immortal Iron Fist, Greg Paks Hulk are some great ones from this recent era pre Marvel Now and ANAD.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#4  Edited By Extremis

I haven't been reading anything current from the big 2, simply Bc I'm tired of the relaunches and renumberings. Basically just the whole rolling out of a new effort for each character every ten issues. This is my first post in months funny enough.

I love runs, I love writers staying on a character to put a stamp on it. For example, I didn't love Gillen and Land on my favorite book Iron Man, but I'd much rather see them get to complete a three year run right now then suffer through bad guy "superior" Tony, oh and then Bendis' complete snarky bs version of Tony right after.

They've lost me. There's no such thing as continuity anymore - at least not in any deftly handled way. The tone is all off for me.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know maybe it's because we hope they will change??? I don't know I can't give you answer. However you have found me guilty in what you say. So....... I'm ashamed. :-(

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't read anything Marvel in a while. They're all shock value these days it seems. It makes for good memes every once in a while, though.

No Caption Provided

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz they changed male version of awesome hero with females.

And on top of that, bitchy ones.

I mean come on, at least make them lesbian to be readable

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best Marvel Comic atm is Vision. And if you have other taste, Black Panther, Moon Knight and DD.

Other than Vision though which is ending I've pretty much dropped Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big marvel fan and right now and eveni know they suck ash's pokeballs .the only titles that i like/read out of curiosity are spidey(getting cancelled sadly),Spider man*miles morales),Civil war(just to see how it play's out somewhat interested, and ultimates

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope:

They don't care about losing market in the comic industry for some months since their movies give way more money,

The movie division (Marvel Studios) answers only to Disney now, works like another Disney subsidiary like the rest of marvel (comics, Tv series etc...), Pixar and Lucas Films, etc....

I guarantee you that they care about losing market in the comics, but the current changes touch politics, and they just can't undone this creative decisions so easily like others, so they continue to "angry" some established fans/readers to capitalize in the come back of the status quo, and even if they don't profit with the Mcu movies, Alonso and Breevort still see in the movies the device that will put past/established readers looking to the comics again, without the movies i doubt this changes would ever happen...

they will undo all the changes that fans hate one day to not lose their comic fandom forever but they are in no hurry to do that unless they believe it will cause irreversible damage to their public.

Yes, normally reform teams like the Avengers can sell a lot, Marvel comics editorial is certainly thinking that a future relaunch, (like i said using the movies as some kind of insurance that comic fans/readers will not ignore), will be very successful, but the question is... How do you know when you cross the line of the "irreversible damage to your public"? Appeal, reception, rejection are not exact sciences that you can control in every phase.......

Minotauro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: I read a pretty steady amount of Marvel. I'm guilty of being more of a fan of their "Ultimate Universe" line of comics. So I'm slowly reading trades from that universe as of now. And others like Kurt Busiek's Ironman run, and Waid's Daredevil...

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only a couple of their current comics are good or semi-decent. Most suck.

Minotauro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the replies. Just stunning to see a over confident editor take to twitter, calling out readers for blaming him for the downward spiral of Marvel, when he was part of the contribution. Then haves the nerve to tell people they don't deserve an apology. Clueless I guess about the true fandom of Marvel.

Hence why I said DC did it better by admitting their mistakes then pointing the finger at their source of income.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Because that's your opinion.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, and Bendis

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight

Daredevil

Karnak

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

Ultimates

Spider-Man ( Miles Morales)

Thor (yeah I said it. Now what?)

All excellent books worthy of a look and buy.

R.I.P Steve Dillon

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By brucerogers

Moon Knight

Daredevil

Karnak

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

Ultimates

Spider-Man ( Miles Morales)

Thor (yeah I said it. Now what?)

All excellent books worthy of a look and buy.

R.I.P Steve Dillon

Agreed with everything except for the Ultimates because of the way they are treating Thanos. And R.I.P Steve Dillon

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FearTheLiving

All based on your opinion and what books you're currently following. There are plenty of good series in my opinion just gotta know where to look or expand your horizon.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't care as long as their movies are making money

SirZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CIVIL WAR (COMICS NOT MOVIE)

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shepard-Croft
judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Because people buy them....... All the things Marvel does that pisses you off is because it makes them money.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

To quote myself from another thread.

Marvel launches their Marvel Now line, creates a bunch of media recognition, get another bunch of readers trying their books for the first story arc 4-6 issues. Or the first two story arcs 10-15 issues then relaunch the book again, while a bunch of readers stay on it because they find it okayish(not good oviously), but can't think of a good comic. Its gonna work for a while longer than crash.

Marvel isn't headlessly running into some dumb trend here. There are people in their marketing department with a bunch of statistics drawing up speculations. Every time a character gets replaced sales spike, every time an original character comes back sales spike, books sell better with the name Captain America then with a new name, sales of a character spike with movies with their names being released. So we replace as many as possible, bring back the old characters as quickly as possible ideally coincidentally at the time of their movie release, Sure you gonna lose some old readers over time, but old readers only drop these books hesitatingly and you have new readers who think this is actually revolutionary(aren't they cute), so after a strong start the numbers decline relatively slowly, something that using old statistics and actual sales numbers is calculated in advance to be able to release the new book with the original character(lets say Hulk) right in time before the sales are gonna actually hurt their pockets, getting all the old readers back and the readers of the new book as well for another strong start and slow decline.

Now things are getting really sickening, after statisitcs show its actually economical to have two books with two characters of the same name, why not make two books both of which are replacement and later bring back the original for a third book? Of course this model can only continue on forever in theory just like with the X-men books in the 80s it will kill the franchise over time and in reality not all old readers are gonna come back especially not EVERY time and with it happening with EVERY character. Eventually the selfrepeating algorithm is gonna implode because its not stable, but that doesn't matter to the people behind it, because they are paid to create profit in the short term and can just get a job in a different place while their old work place burns to the ground.

But hey we all had that in the 80s already... Disney should probably gonna restructure Marvel at that point establish the TV-Studio among their other TV-Studios similiar to the Movie studios and sell the comicbook rights to one or more other publishers in a similiar deal that got Fox the X-men movie rights. Think I can make a buck by selling the idea of such an intellectual property loan company, with everything having to be a reboot or a remake these days, that actually sounds like a new business model worth exploring. Just buy a bunch of rights of properties wirh recognizable names then loan them to TV- and Movie-Studios or book publishers without ever creating something yourself.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I look forward to their movies more than I do their comics...which is a day I thought would never be

Infinitias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything but Spidey & GOTG is trash