Why is Anicent Egypt portrayed as a White region in films?

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone with some common sense and knowledge of history knows that the Anicent Egyptians were not White, yet both film and society tries like hell to enforce this fiction on the world decade after decade. From "The 10 Commandments" to "Gods of Egypt" almost all Egyptians are portrayed as either White or Arab. But if you study history you'd easily know that Egypt has been conquered over a dozen times by the Assyrians, Persians, Nubians, Romans, etc. They even claim that King Tut's racial backround (from suppossed DNA tests) makes him of Scandinavian decent. A claim that is killed by the fact that Tut's grandmother (who has a statue by the way) looks very much like a Black Sub-Saharan African. Various pictures in pyramids show dark and brown skinned Egyptians and even Greek explorers who visited Egypt thousands of years ago said that the people in that land were Black. So why is society trying to make us believe Egypt was never a Black civilization when it was riddled with that fact and even was conquered and assimulated by neighboring Nubia for a long period of time? We see movies showing White pharoahs, White Moses, White Cleopatras and White Egyptian gods but there were no White people in Egypt in that time and if there were, they were a small minority. In the racist society that we live in people just don't want to admit that Black Africans created the most advanced civilization on Earth. It's one of the world's biggest cover ups. Hell, even Napoleon shot off the Sphinx's nose because it was proof that it was modeled upon a Black person's facial features. But why does Hollywood run with this lie over and over? The closet movie to ever get the Egyptians' portrayal right was 1994's Stargate movie

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

How many actors/actress' could you find that are actual Egyptian enough to fill a movie? Including side characters and a host of other things required?

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mfundroid

We're talking about the same people who thought a black woman with dreads was an evil snake haired lady who could turn people into stone by looking into her eyes. I think it's best we continue to live in denial and continue believing all North Africans were white. It makes life much easier.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Sigh* not this AGAIN. Egyptians were white, have always been white and will always be white as much as Arabians & Berbers can be considered white. Ancient Egyptians were a semiotic people aka similar to current Libyans, Israeli & Palestinians.

Someone has been watching "The black pharaohs of Kus" from discovery channel again, ehh? Kus were quite likely black, hailing from today's Sudan but they never were the majority of Egypt.

The most Caucasoid dynasty of Egypt were the Ptolemaios aka the dynasty of which most famous ruler was this pretty, Greek chick called Cleopatra-III whose biggest merit was to have a bit of bedroom fun for political gains with Marcus Antonius. Those guys were put to power by Alexander the great.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ten Commandments was a Hollywood movie made in 1956 for American audiences, what made more sense from a box office draw perspective, Charleton Heston, Yul Brenner and Edward G. Robinson or a bunch of unknown but ethnically correct actors?

esco1199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Egypt the one with those pyramid and mummy things oh yeah and curses also? Perhaps try asking this question on any other forum...try flowers, rare birds, or fancy dog forums.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hyperion_X

@sinikettu: Egyptians are not White now, nor were they in anicent times, besides perhaps, during the Roman Empire. If they were so White then why did they have tons of pictures of black and brown skinned people on their walls? White people do not live in desert areas unless they migrated there. White people get sunburns here in the U.S. so the great Sahara would roast them. Hell, White people couldn't even make it as America's first slaves prior to Native Americas and Africans because the heat in the American south was crippling to them. Arab and native Middle Eastern people are not White. Additionally, my uncle was stationed in Libya while serving in the USAF during the 60's and he told me that they hated White people out there and treated him very well and considered him to pretty much be one of them (my uncle is a medium-brown skinned Black man) so your Libya excuse doesn't really hold with me. I also didn't have to watch the Discovery Channel to use common sense. Now don't think that i believe that Anicent Egyptians looked like Nigerians or South Africans...they mostly looked like Nubians, had long straight/kinky hair, somewhat keen features and had dark skin.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: If Hollywood had the balls to keep it real, than yes. Star Wars used a lot of unknown actors and look how successful that turned out

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap!! You mean white people were cast in roles for movies in a white majority country....even if they weren't racially accurate!!??

Call the PC police....next you will be telling me that Asians play the roles of white people in Asian majority countries.....

http://www.scmp.com/culture/arts-entertainment/article/1937379/asian-dramatists-keep-shakespeares-plays-alive-infinite

Also, Sub Saharan africans weren't responsible for ancient Egypt. That's an afro centrist myth. Perhaps there were some black people there, but Egypt is in North Africa, it's safe to assume that North Africa was inhabited by North Africans. Just saying, try telling an Egyptian person of Coptic descent that black people built ancient Egypt. They will laugh, or be triggered at the very least.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk. It's easier than being historically accurate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Should check out the results of King Tut's DNA test.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Yeah this thread is going to go down well.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@hyperion_x: The closest you will find to a real ethnic ancient egyptian are the Copts.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jb681131
@hyperion_x said:

@sinikettu: Egyptians are not White now, nor were they in anicent times, besides perhaps, during the Roman Empire. If they were so White then why did they have tons of pictures of black and brown skinned people on their walls? White people do not live in desert areas unless they migrated there. White people get sunburn here in the U.S. so the great Sahara would roast them. Arab and native Middle Eastern people are not White. Additionally, my uncle was stationed in Libya while serving in the USAF during the 60's and he told me that they hated White people out there and treated him very well and considered him to pretty much be one of them (my uncle is a medium-brown skinned Black man) so your Libya excuse doesn't really hold with me. I also didn't have to watch the Discovery Channel to use common sense. Now don't think that i believe that Anicent Egyptians looked like Nigerians or South Africans...they mostly looked like Nubians, had long straight/kinky hair and had darkskin.

Egyptians are their own ethnia. They are nor Arabs, nor Black Africans, nor Persians, nor Lybians, and especially NOT NUBIANS at all, nor many orther things.

Nubians are very dark skinned people on the contrary to Egyptians which have light tanned skins.

For the Black and brown on their wall, you got to know that Egyptians were the firsts with Arabs to enslave Black Africans, such as NUBIANS.

For your information, most people living around the Mediteranean sea have a light Brown skin like a permanant skintan such as latinos (who come from Spain, which is around the Mediteranean see).

Here is a portrait of an anciant egyptian: isn't it pretty light ? of course they have poeple with darker shades in their population.

No Caption Provided

As for the original question, well some "white people" as you call them have darker skins than some "Egyptians" so why not use white people to portrai them ?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: If Hollywood had the balls to keep it real, than yes. Star Wars used a lot of unknown actors and look how successful that turned out

The Ten Commandments was made at the end of the Big Studio era, they were into all sorts of things but risk wasn't one of them. Heston, Robinson, Brenner were all A-list stars and Robinson was a star with a career that went back to the silent era. Hollywood and America itself at that point was a town and a country that was still kind of backward. It wasn't a question of courage, it was just the way things were done, like later when Heston was cast as a Mexican or an Apache indian... It was just the way things were done in that era. There's a big difference between Hollywood in 1956 and Hollywood in 1977.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you look at this scene from the movie remember your looking at Hollywood in 1956 and Cecile B. Demile's last picture, less than 5% of it was filmed in Egypt according to the IMDB. He was 75. He wasn't going for historical accuracy here, he was making the last big epic of his life, he was going for pure spectacle and entertainment and I really don't see any other two star in Hollywood or the world at the time who were going to do better than Heston and Robinson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id6oS3L-D9A

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Hell, even Napoleon shot off the Sphinx's nose because it was proof that it was modeled upon a Black person's facial features.

If you're going to make a thread about historical accuracy, you should probably leave myths out of your OP. This is pure nonsense.

There are illustrations of the Sphinx lacking its nose in the 18th century, some before Napoleon was born, let alone an artillery commander. Al-Maqrizi, an Egyptian historian (14th-15th century), documented its absence in his books. If Napoleon took shots at the sphinx (which is unlikely), the nose was already gone. This is simply a tall-tale that has gained popularity and is often considered historical fact, when that is far from the truth. This wasn't the fault of Napoleon, and it is unlikely that this had anything to do with white supremacy, as you are claiming.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they make more money that way and white people are fascinated with Egyptian culture. Egypt is in Africa and should be portrayed by Black people because its our culture not their. Black movies don't sell everywhere and make a whole lot of money is another reason why.

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you think about how they advertise movies, it generally focuses more on the actors than the plot. they do things like cut to a black screen with big bold letters saying things like TOM CRUISE mixed in with action scenes or great CGI scenes to help the general audience get excited for the cast in said movie. Very seldom do trailers actually present a clear plot without the flashing of big names repeatedly to help you go "oh, scar jo is in this. hmmm". as far as accuracy, its all about making money. why go the extra yard and seek out a no name to "be more accurate" when you can throw tom hardy in it and just ignore all the reports as you make millions anyway?

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Jesus, this nonsense again. I'm italian, I've met people from Egypt and they are very angry about this american behavior. Egyptians are their own ethnia, I don't understand why you americans want to steal their history and heritage.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Champion99

@esco1199: can you please get rid of this guy's comment.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

esco1199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@champion99 said:

@esco1199: can you please get rid of this guy's comment.

This is why racism is still a thing because of people like you that get offended so easily.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 modernww2fare  Online

@oldboy93 said:

Oh Jesus, this nonsense again. I'm italian, I've met people from Egypt and they are very angry about this american behavior. Egyptians are their own ethnia, I don't understand why you americans want to steal their history and heritage.

It's because for some reason they're considered White in the US

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

You know it occurs to me, but why is it the labels for skin color are wrong?

I mean white? The only way someone is white, is if they don't go out in the sun. Otherwise they would be a light tan color at best right? Or they would be a dark tan. Tan is a color, it isn't white.

Black? What about Brown? Brown is a color too.

Is it just so that we don't have all these different labels? Despite the fact, that these labels are wrong because some people aren't technically what the color is labeled as?

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MetalJimmor

@wolfrazer said:

You know it occurs to me, but why is it the labels for skin color are wrong?

I mean white? The only way someone is white, is if they don't go out in the sun. Otherwise they would be a light tan color at best right? Or they would be a dark tan. Tan is a color, it isn't white.

Black? What about Brown? Brown is a color too.

Is it just so that we don't have all these different labels? Despite the fact, that these labels are wrong because some people aren't technically what the color is labeled as?

This has bugged me ever since I was a kid too. I'm pretty pale, and even then if you were to ask a non-human what color I am they'd say a very light peach-ish color. Black people are obviously not black at all and I have no idea why the first people started referring to them as black. At least saying "dark skinned" is more correct.

As for the OP, it's because there aren't enough high profile Egyptian actors/actresses in the U.S to make a full movie using only people of Egyptian descent. If you've ever seen a Bollywood film most of their roles are played by Indians even if the movie is set in America. Same for movies from Japan. The movie industry makes due with what ethnicity they can get their hands on.

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: I really don't understand, white people in Europe and black people in Africa don't claim to be egyptians, we're all proud of our real ancestors.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Because in traditional hollywood logic, a suntanned white guy looks very much the same as a guy from the middle east.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God this is some great bait. If it's not though, it's sad how SJW propaganda has filled your head with stupid thoughts.