Why exactly do you don't like Batman v Superman movie?

• 72 results
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigcimmerian

Personally I don't hate it, I just think that it's a really bad movie. The worst things for me are Lex Luthor and the fact that Batman is in his 40's when he first meets Superman, but it's maybe because I am used to comics more than I should be.

Yes this thread is 4-5 months late.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't hate it.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I don't hate it, I just wish it was better. The theatrical cut I can hate becauae it felt like an unfinished product.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate it either. I think it's a piece of garbage, but I really don't care enough to hate it. Maybe if I rewatch the movie, I'll find it absolutely hilarious. The original Burton/Schumacher films are awful, but they're extremely enjoyable.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I do like it.

lol

Vertical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the TC. The ultimate cut was what I expected.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, but there are a lot of things I didn't like. Even the UC still feels messing.

For instance, what was with those dream sequences? They served no purpose whatsoever. Especially the one with the parademons followed by Flash's message to Bruce. Pretty sure there are other ways to portray how afraid Batman is of Superman's power.

"She was my world, and you took her from me"

Followed by Flash's "You're right about him". Just didn't make any sense. It also lost credibility because its only a dream and dream inside a dream. Unless you telling me Bruce can read the future.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ultimate cut was a good enough movie, but god damn it Batman should had been the villain with the final climax being their big showdown, or at the very least no Doomsday, and something creative. Also why wasn't it Superman investigating the burn bodies. Also why was it that Superman doesn't smile, and do sonething to make me really like him as a character. It was a movie meant to set up the Justice League instead of being it's own movie. In the end, it was entertaining, but I wish it would had blew me away. Also I wish the UC was in theater instead of the mess that was the Theatrical cut.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They tried doing too much is my problem with it. That, and the brooding Superman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

I really enjoy the extended one... Except for Lex.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14 JediXMan  Moderator

Lex was terrible, Wonder Woman felt forced, Batman killed way too liberally, and it came across as trying too hard to establish a franchise.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark just felt like he was just kinda . . . there.

That's my only real beef, but it's a big one to have.

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS crapped on everything I loved about those characters and it was a chore to watch.

Flickerblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Lex Luthor is Jar Jar Binks bad
  • Superman is once again a mopey bore with little dialogue
  • Justice League emails is one of the laziest world building scenes in film
  • "Martha" scene, what is supposed to be a pivotal point is utterly laughable.
  • The Flash/Knightmare dream sequence was pointless to the films own plot
  • Terrible disjointed subplots like the bullet junk and the woman in Africa
  • Over all a bad script with a poor director leading the way

MoS was alright but BvS is garbage in my opinion.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like it only the ultimate cut makes the movie better.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By SaintWildcard

The movie focused too much on Batman even though his storyline was pretty straight forward and didn't really expand on the world. Like, here's a list of storylines for each character

Batman

• Growing anger towards Supes/Loosing his humanity
  • Trying to Kill Superman

Superman

• His Relationship with Lois
  • His Job
  • Lex Luthor trying to Kill HIm
  • Him vs the World
  • His internal struggle with what it means to be a hero

I get that Batman is more popular, but let's be real here. This movie was entirely centered around Superman and his presence affects the DC universe in a big bad way. But his entire storyline was lazily put together and a mess. They had to fake the outrage in Africa and they had to force him to Fight Superman. THis movie just didn't want to deal with Superman at all. You can't have the character be shit upon and never give us a chance to get to know him or moments of likability. The entire movie hinged on him dying in the end, but never once did it try to make us like Superman. That to me was the main problem with this movie, after that was this shitty interpretation of Lex Luthor.

TheIronLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheIronLord

I find it laughable when people say this movie is garbage. And it's all because of those bad reviews that screwed with people's perception of the film in the beginning. I can understand that you may not like Lex Luthor, or the old Batman, or ony other character. But to say this movie is dumb just shows how lazy people are when it comes to thinking about movies. All you see is "mopey Superman" and "LOTR troll" or whatever dumb insults you throw. There are two amazing articles that may help understand the movie, for those too slow to think of it themselves.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/31/why-batman-v-superman-is-smarter-than-you-think-/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/29/zack-snyder-loves-superman-and-batman-v-superman-proves-it/#38a62b1d258e

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By minorincon32

The fact that it needs an "ultimate cut" to make sense.

Even then it's a bad movie.

Thor 1 is nobody's favorite marvel movie. But it got the characters perfectly. Nailed them. So we forgive the film for not living up to iron man because at the end of the day it accurately depicted Thor and Loki.

Bvs crapped on batman and superman. Hate to say it, but that film wrecks any accurate characterization of those characters and ignores years of comics. "Batman used a gun in his first books". Then for decades and decades he didn't. Things change for the better. That change was for the better. No reason to ignore such a huge character building block just to make him either more cool, or more comic accurate to the 40's.

And superman may wear a symbol for hope, but that doesn't make him superman. His powers don't make him superman. His hair doesn't make him superman. His attitude makes him the equivalent of Hyperion in his most recent run.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuckerberg, shit editing, Broodingman, Punisherbats, useless bullet subplot, bad plot points and reactions to those points, MacGuffin Lois, Batman is a horrible detective, useless slow no and camera filter, wooden Gal Gadot who needs CGI to be "memorable", Troll Zod, The contrived Martha scene and the fight of BVS which was boring as hell, killing Superman 10 minutes into the end of the film only to bring him back, trying to shove 4 plots into one movie, justice league cameos for no reason other than to advertise more terrible movies.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt like batman in it

TheIronLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: People like you are a reason why this movie should have an IQ requirement

@Flickerblink:lol. This script is smarter than all of the generic marvel crap put together.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zaied

I didn't mind Lex that much. Batman was a bigger disappointment for me than anything else. The mass murdering, brandings, and contrived motivations were just a jarring angle for the character, and failed to make him feel heroic in the slightest. The Bruce Wayne scenes were also forgettable, save the opening, but I suppose the solo film can expand upon his character.

Superman was boring, underdeveloped, and wasn't given anything interesting to say or do, which is why I feel the court scene was a wasted opportunity. The Ultimate Cut was decent but didn't do much to fix some of these things. At best, it was an 'okay' film, the highlight being the action.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think it's a lot harder to list things to like than things to dislike. I like the action of the warehouse scene with Batman, a couple moments in the Batman and Superman fight, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, and the Wonder Woman action. Pretty much the rest of the movie is a chore to sit through for maybe 10 minutes of quality. I don't like the contrived nature of the plot, the lack of character development all around, the all-time worst villain material performance of Jesse Eisenberg, poor CGI, terrible editing and pace, the heavy focus on set-up for future things because the movie itself is rushed and trying to jump-start an entire universe in impossible fashion, but worst of all? I don't like that people can't handle other people not liking it, and that they think there's some kind of conspiracy, or agenda, or they put on this pretentious bullshit case that the movie's too deep for you and you're missing the point if you don't like it.

It's garbage. A simple, shallow movie. It's totally fine if anybody likes it. The world will keep on spinning.

kroczilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kroczilla

Editing imo was its biggest problem

Avatar image for deactivated-57b01137cccc7
deactivated-57b01137cccc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theironlord: How about you refute my point instead of insulting me like a 10 year old who thinks this movie is smarter than it is? I know they don't teach that nowadays but I'm sure you can do it. I'll be waiting for anything close to an intelligent retort. I doubt it though.

TheIronLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuckerberg, shit editing, Broodingman, Punisherbats, useless bullet subplot, bad plot points and reactions to those points, MacGuffin Lois, Batman is a horrible detective, useless slow no and camera filter, wooden Gal Gadot who needs CGI to be "memorable", Troll Zod, The contrived Martha scene and the fight of BVS which was boring as hell, killing Superman 10 minutes into the end of the film only to bring him back, trying to shove 4 plots into one movie, justice league cameos for no reason other than to advertise more terrible movies.

Those, in your opinion, are intelligent reasons why the movie was bad?

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate the film but I do hate Lex even after a second viewing where I tried to be more open minded. I also don't like the fact that I still don't understand the knightmare and flash sequences, I dunno maybe someone can explain those. I would have liked to have seen more focus on Superman and him actually being Superman.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I didn't hate the movie but there were some aspects of it which I didn't like at all. Like:

• The scenes felt really badly put together
  • Batman killed too brutally and way too much
  • Superman didn't have much to do rather than be there and die in the end
  • The Dream Sequences made literally no sense
  • The cameos of the other Leaguers felt forced
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody knows what Snyder said in Jesse's defense considering that nearly everybody disliked his performance and Snyder's view of the character?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WARNING OPINION AHEAD.

The theatrical cut was unbearably bad and unwatchable.

The Ultimate Cut is unbearably average. Lex Luthor is just... wrong. I can't call him Lex because he just isn't Lex. Affleck may have the look down as well as all the gadgetry but he's a pale imitation of the actual Dark Knight. Superman has 43 lines of dialogue, I'll just leave that there. The soundtrack isn't Zimmer's best work and like the film it's average. The email scene was just... I can't even describe how weird it was. The dream sequences don't really make sense. They were put there to look cool. Oh and while the film looks nice in parts it's dull. Superman's costume isn't a dark blue or maroon red, it's bright and colourful. The action again in parts is good with the warehouse scene being it's best sequence and the last fight with a ninja turtle being a CGI mess with some glaring problems. It handled all of the stories wrongly and what's worse is it uses an emotional storyline like DOS and squanders it. Superman should not die in his second film outing. There's not enough emotional connection to feel any loss. And what can I say about Wonder Woman... nothing, I can't say anything about her. She looked cool, Gal Gadot will be a fine Wondy in her own film but she was nothing more than a glorified cameo. Remove her from the film along with Doomsday and you could have a tighter, better film.

But the worst offence of all is this films pretentious need at smacking us over the head with how 'smart' it thinks it is. It is not. You don't need to write essay after essay about how it's an arthurian legend or a german expressionist film. It is not a smart film, a smart film can be understood with a decent amount of thinking but still clues in it's viewer with what it's going for. The Martha scene, I bet, sounded incredible in writing but it's still nonsensical that causes people to laugh at it. All these heavy handed themes it thinks it covers are simple window washing to hide how shallow it is.

Now all that being said, I don't hate the film, not any more. I watched the UC and felt slightly better but I won't watch it for another year or so. Maybe once before Justice League comes out but that's a big 'maybe'. I get why people like the film but I feel a lot of it's defenders refuse to understand its problems out of some blind sense of trust or loyalty. I rarely complain about CBM's, the only ones I have majorly disliked are the awful Fantastic Four reboot, Man of Steel, and Thor: The Dark World, but we as a fans deserved a lot better than this film. And with the approaching Suicide Squad and it's assumed Extended cut, I really don't see why I should watch a barely competent film in the cinema then pay extra for a better version. Either DC gets it's act together or they risk crashing the entire genre themselves.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: was the only one who found it funny when Wonder Woman shows up and Superman goes "Is she with you?" and Batman says "I thought she was with you". Like she was clearly there with Batman wtf

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be harder to list what I did like about it but oh well:

Batman. Everything about Batman is wrong. Hearing Batman scolding Superman about "what it is to be a man" like an abusive father or self-important high school jock is something I never wanna see again. He's a psycho murderer too. And he's a total idiot to boot.

Superman. Not only is he still lacking a character, but he's there to be dumped on and killed off. He literally has no positive moments in this story. His death carries no weight whatsoever because we still have no idea who he is. Also, Superman should never, ever say "No one stays good in this world."

Doomsday. Do I even need to say anything about this one? Anything whose appearance can make me yell "NO!" while watching a trailer is bad, and it's even worse in the movie.

Lex Luthor. Once again, do I need to say it? I especially hate his "hmm," "ahh," and other assorted noises after every dang sentence.

Wonder Woman shouldn't have been in this movie.

The Justice League shouldn't have been in this movie.

The fact that it takes inspiration from the freaking Dark Knight Returns, which is written by a self-admitted Superman hater and Batman fanboy. Also probably why we got psychopath murderer Batman.

Lois Lane. Why is this character still here? Once again, she contributes nothing. Her romance with Superman is still painfully underdeveloped. And she still retains her power to teleport where the plot needs her to be.

Knightmare sequence would have been fine if it just played on Batman's fear of Superman, but this is 20 movies stuffed into one so of course they have to stuff parademons, Darkseid and a really odd Flash cameo in there, which makes the whole thing make zero sense.

No contrast between Batman and Superman. The biggest difference they have is that Batman's methods are a little darker and he actively kills. No opposing worldviews, no debate on how to save the world, no conflicting personalities. In other words, nothing that makes putting these two characters together interesting in the first place. They don't even get to have a freaking discussion. It's all macho chest puffing and fighting.

The actual fight itself sucks. Superman is reduced to a 6 IQ level just to make Batman look cool. It's especially bad when you realize this whole thing could have been avoided if Superman just tanked Batman's attacks (which weren't hurting him), pinned him to a wall, and talked to the man instead of attacking him for no reason.

Lastly, the unncessarily fatalistic tone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: Yup. You literally sent her an email two seconds ago and you saw of a photo of her but let's just insert a stupid joke to make it seem like a fun movie. Ugh, and that damned Jolly Rancher scene.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be harder to list what I did like about it but oh well:

Batman. Everything about Batman is wrong. Hearing Batman scolding Superman about "what it is to be a man" like an abusive father or self-important high school jock is something I never wanna see again. He's a psycho murderer too. And he's a total idiot to boot.

Superman. Not only is he still lacking a character, but he's there to be dumped on and killed off. He literally has no positive moments in this story. His death carries no weight whatsoever because we still have no idea who he is. Also, Superman should never, ever say "No one stays good in this world."

Doomsday. Do I even need to say anything about this one? Anything whose appearance can make me yell "NO!" while watching a trailer is bad, and it's even worse in the movie.

Lex Luthor. Once again, do I need to say it? I especially hate his "hmm," "ahh," and other assorted noises after every dang sentence.

Wonder Woman shouldn't have been in this movie.

The Justice League shouldn't have been in this movie.

The fact that it takes inspiration from the freaking Dark Knight Returns, which is written by a self-admitted Superman hater and Batman fanboy. Also probably why we got psychopath murderer Batman.

Lois Lane. Why is this character still here? Once again, she contributes nothing. Her romance with Superman is still painfully underdeveloped. And she still retains her power to teleport where the plot needs her to be.

Knightmare sequence would have been fine if it just played on Batman's fear of Superman, but this is 20 movies stuffed into one so of course they have to stuff parademons, Darkseid and a really odd Flash cameo in there, which makes the whole thing make zero sense.

No contrast between Batman and Superman. The biggest difference they have is that Batman's methods are a little darker and he actively kills. No opposing worldviews, no debate on how to save the world, no conflicting personalities. In other words, nothing that makes putting these two characters together interesting in the first place. They don't even get to have a freaking discussion. It's all macho chest puffing and fighting.

The actual fight itself sucks. Superman is reduced to a 6 IQ level just to make Batman look cool. It's especially bad when you realize this whole thing could have been avoided if Superman just tanked Batman's attacks (which weren't hurting him), pinned him to a wall, and talked to the man instead of attacking him for no reason.

Lastly, the unncessarily fatalistic tone.

Listen to the man.
Listen to the man.
No Caption Provided

exav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't hate it, actually i like it but not as much as i hoped or would want

what i "hate" is mistakes that could have been avoided easy like casting lex instead of lex jr. or what that should have been, doing two major story lines in one and both too early in the cinematic universes story and early in supermans story

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Story was bad

Editing was bad, it made movie drag forever.

Unnecessarily dark tone.

Tried to universite build in one picture.

CGI was mediocre.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#43  Edited By TheExile285

It's a overly dark, miserable movie with terrible lighting where Batman kills, Lex Luthor is unrecognizable and Superman is borderline mute and made to be Bat's ******.

I have other issues but those are the big ones.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#44 wildvine  Moderator

@theironlord: Insult warning. You're entitled to your opinion but you can't imply someone is stupid for liking or disliking a movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The fact tgat they forgot it was Batman vs Superman. Should have left it at that instead of forcing the Justice League in there.

And an email? Really? Thats how you want to introduce them?

First 25 min were alright but all downhill from there

Just not a good film at all

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iknowwhoyouare

The theatrical version sucks. The ultimate cut is much better

TheIronLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: I'm not calling anyone stupid for liking or disliking a movie. If they give good reasons, I can respect any opinion. If they write like 10-year-olds (assuming they're not 10-year-olds), they're bound to be called stupid. I don't make retarded people post their bullshit opinions, I just call it like it is.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest and I mean BIGGEST issue with the film was how it was hyped as an "ideological battle between two heroes" when that was NOTHING like what the film actually had

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: lol and it's like they completely removed his detective skills from the movies

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Well I did like it.

And I don't get what people find so offensive about it... especially not if these people are totally on board with say, Spider-Man's inclusion in Civil War.