Why dose Harley stay with the Joker ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok this one I got to ask. But why dose Harley Quinn stay with the Joker ? I mean he treats her like crap. I know she is basically insane but still.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Because all she does is listen to Coldplay and eat Ben & Jerry's when she isn't with him. When the feels cut especially deep she even resorts to some Celine Dion and Whitney Houston.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman  Online

Why don't people get the simple truth? She like the other inmates of Arkham is crazy. Her crazy is tied up in her obsession with the Joker and the reality he sold her. What I don't get is why people want to change such an interesting fundamental aspect of her character. It's like taking Two-Faces issue with duality away. Every inmate has his thing and people want to take that away because it might make her look bad? That's the point. She's suppose to be a bad guy who gets under your guard with her mind frack lovable child likeness only to hit you over the head with a large mallet of her truth. She's a bad guy. Not as bad as when Joker's around but still a bad guy.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gives her the d...

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She`s loyal to him but she has shown at times that she can live without him.

Omni_Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask women that in real life. There are plenty of Harley Quinn's running around in out world with guy's others say they shouldn't be with.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warrior100

@dernman said:

Why don't people get the simple truth. She like the other inmates of Arkham is crazy. Her crazy is tied up in her obsession with the Joker and the reality he sold her. What I don't get is why people want to change such an interesting fundamental aspect of her character. It's like taking Two-Faces issue with duality away. Every inmate has his thing and people want to take that away because it might make her look bad? That's the point. She's suppose to be a bad guy who gets under your guard with her mind frack lovable child likeness only to hit you over the head with a large mallet of her truth. She's a bad guy. Not as bad as when Joker's around but still a bad guy.

this right here

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crazy people follow other crazy people

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dernman  Online

@xlr87t3 said:

@dernman: How is Harley changed?

You still ask that after the glaring example I just gave? Then there is nothing I can say to you that you will agree with more examples then.

Honestly no offense but I've developed little patience from experiences on ComicVIne for something I see as obvious and it makes me think someone is predisposed to dismiss it. It always ends up not nice bickering and I just don't feel like that today. Especially after having just followed you. :p

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that thinks Harley is getting kinda boring these days?

Prettygurl12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same way many women stay with abusive boyfriends in real life who physical abuse them mentally/physically.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

She thinks she can "fix" him if she loves her enough, but he's beyond repair.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@kid_omega_prime said:

Ok this one I got to ask. But why dose Harley Quinn stay with the Joker ? I mean he treats her like crap. I know she is basically insane but still.

I don't believe that she's "Insane" from her backstory and how she started out she's a wanna be(To me she is) I feel like she's trying to be like the Joker, but she just can't.

And really when it comes to the Joker I don't believe he would actually let someone tag along or let someone become his sidekick being the fact that he's so quick to betray and kill a fellow comrade without thinking twice about it. Which is why I don't like the Joker being with Harley Quinn.

AND if you read Dernman the poster above me he hit the Nail on the head. She ISN'T "Insane" she's just another poor soul easily tricked by the Joker and now she's weirdly obsessed with him. And wants to become him and be with him hence the reason why she dresses closely like a clown............

That's my take on it. LOL :-)

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@xlr87t3 said:

You still ask that after the glaring example I just gave? Then there is nothing I can say to you that you will agree with more examples then.

Honestly no offense but I've developed little patience from experiences on ComicVIne for something I see as obvious and it makes me think someone is predisposed to dismiss it. It always ends up not nice bickering and I just don't feel like that today. Especially after having just followed you. :p

Whoa calm down. I just read your post and you never gave a single example of the changes in Harley Quinn. You only explained Harley's character and who she is. And what's obvious to you may not be obvious to someone else, including me.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta have something to make her somewhat interesting.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dernman  Online

@xlr87t3 said:
@dernman said:
@xlr87t3 said:

Whoa calm down. I just read your post and you never gave a single example of the changes in Harley Quinn. You only explained Harley's character and who she is. And what's obvious to you may not be obvious to someone else, including me.

Calm down? Does it appear that I was exited? I honestly didn't feel that way.

I did give an example. What I talked about with HQ's character is something they've actively tried to change with different ways and reasons.

I realize that what's obvious to one isn't always obvious to another and I'm fine with that.. As I explained though I've developed a strong pre disposed impatience when on CV because my experiences here heavily lend more towards the closed dismissive. So unfortunately the few times people are actually open they get washed with the same brush as those who are not.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

Once you've seen him naked, you'll understand.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because she's batshizz insane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's dependant on him.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she has DPD and Sadomasochism

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once you've seen him naked, you'll understand.

Really? That's unexpected.

He's literally the whitest guy in the DC universe.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Why don't people get the simple truth? She like the other inmates of Arkham is crazy. Her crazy is tied up in her obsession with the Joker and the reality he sold her. What I don't get is why people want to change such an interesting fundamental aspect of her character. It's like taking Two-Faces issue with duality away. Every inmate has his thing and people want to take that away because it might make her look bad? That's the point. She's suppose to be a bad guy who gets under your guard with her mind frack lovable child likeness only to hit you over the head with a large mallet of her truth. She's a bad guy. Not as bad as when Joker's around but still a bad guy.

There you go.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Loading Video...

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A combination of "battered wife" and "Stockholm" syndrome in which the victim identifies with the captor and comes to rely on them, focus on them in spite of suffering chronic abuse. Harley is crazy, cartoonishly for the purpose of storytelling, but the basis of her psychosis is real and sadly not all that rare.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Well, you could have worded it better. Technically you never gave an example of anything; only a summarization of the character. If you said "These are what Harley Quinn has now changed from or lacks" then I would understand that your summarization would turn into an example. I'm going to try to look up threads on Google and see how people here have actually been as dismissive as you say, since I never thought CV would be that rude to someone!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dernman  Online

@xlr87t3 said:

@dernman: Well, you could have worded it better. Technically you never gave an example of anything; only a summarization of the character. If you said "These are what Harley Quinn has now changed from or lacks" then I would understand that your summarization would turn into an example. I'm going to try to look up threads on Google and see how people here have actually been as dismissive as you say, since I never thought CV would be that rude to someone!

I assumed knowledgeable people of the character would be smart enough to make the connections themselves with how she is being written now to reject that aspect of her and how I mentioned people wanting to change that. I still don't see how anyone wouldn't.

No idea how you would look something like that up or what criteria you would use. It's also not just me it's happened to and the subjects are variable. CV just isn't the best or mature rational site for debate. It hasn't been for a long time. Sure there are a few instances but there are in the minority. It's why many of the best debaters left. At one time there was even a whole new site created by a mass exodus of top debaters. Have at it if that's what you want to do.

Avatar image for lordjohnperucho
LordJohnPerucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LordJohnPerucho

coz she's sick man

Arkham01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which harley? and which Joker? pre-n52, n52, games, etc LOL

In some versions he doesn't treat her like crap so everything is ok.

When he treats her like crap ...well we have several excuses, the most serious is that she's very sick even when is never clear how is that possible,

In new52 she doesn't stay with him anyway, N52 had a good beginning in story terms but is a disaster in its writing.