Why does marvel give more importance to Captain America than Iron Man?

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok this may seem silly. But whenever I see Captain America and Iron man fight it is most probably due to iron man fault or anything like that. Just like Iron Man is always portrayed wrong. Another thing is in comics almost always captain america stands like the 'leader'. In live action movies iron man used to get a lot of importance, like being the leader of avengers, almost sacrificing himself for the city by taking a nuke to the chitauri portal, but then all of a sudden captain america is now the main avenger, he is now the leader of avengers and tony is an idiot in making decisions and have earned himself the name "egoistic" from black widow which is actually very bad. I mean he saves the city in one movie and in another he is the reason to the cause of death of many people in sokovia. In civil war, we know that both sides had right and wrong in them but iron man's team was the ultimate wrong(why?) eventually two of them going for captain's team. His methods were wrong and he was somehow egoistic as per black woman(idk how when captain was doing the same thing for his friend and his ideas of not signing the accords). In the final fight of civil war it seems again that tony is in an embarrassing position, charging like an idiot(while anyone would do that) and cap disabling him, and there were even scenes of bucky and captain tag teaming like iron man was some sort of villain. I am not angry at cap or anything. But marvel seems to give him a lot of importance and in that process hurts iron man a lot.

What do you guys think?

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cap will always be the perfect leader in the end. DEAL WIT IT!!

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By samconery

@demfeettho: That is exactly my question. Why did they make iron man's character like that all of a sudden

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU actually started off wrong. I think marvel was timid about starting with Cap cuz he's a nationally divided character. But there past that now. Order is being restored.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why would I know?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The DCEU should give Superman the same respect in regards to Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Cap's the Man. He deserves more respect and importance.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

because thats how its been in the comics.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wrucebayne

Cap sells more.

@jumpstart55 said:

The DCEU should give Superman the same respect in regards to Batman.

The DCEU didn't give either character respect.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because Cap is based off the ideals and morals of the perfect human specimen while Tony is an egotistical and narcissistic drunk. Tony is supposed to be flawed while Cap isn't.

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Cap is based off the ideals and morals of the perfect human specimen while Tony is an egotistical and narcissistic drunk. Tony is supposed to be flawed while Cap isn't.

This..

And Tony already got his moments in phase 1, where he dominated far over every other avenger.

Iron Man got so popular and big with his lines and attitude, that they needed to balance it up I guess.

Cap is the natural leader while Tony is the guy with many talents.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Soaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle said:

This makes sense