Why do people think batman is prepared for everything?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sky_Watch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why is it impossible for people to come to the conclusion that batman is not prepared for everything. One guy I talked to even went as far as saying that if batman isn't prepared for everything then that's not batman. What are your opinions? Is he prepared for everything most of the time? Is the batman vs superman fight actually worth discussing? What do you think because I am confused.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's prepared for everything up to superman, that he has interacted with before.

In Time and the Batman he fights Kraken and tries to damage a nerve cluster in her arm, but then once he tries he realizes that she doesn't even have a nerve cluster in her arm and admits he isn't prepared for stuff like this and gets screwed, so he definitely isn't prepared for everything, but still has a crazy amount of plans and backups for everything he's seen that could be a threat. Like the justice league.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's over hyped by fans.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is pretty much prepared for everything.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is prepared for everything in his respective universe. He has so many plans, he is borderline crazy. He just is. That is his character. Just like Superman has his powers. I could say, why do Superman fanboys think that Batman couldn't take him out... It works both ways.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People like his character so they want to make him stronger than he really is because that's natural. He claims he can defeat every member of the Justice league but that hasn't happened and I think he is bluffing about it tbh. He really can't kill Superman, MM, or Flash. I mean no matter how people try to spin it they are just too good unless he plans on betraying them without them expecting it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you read some Batman comics, then you'll have your answer.

The dude has even said that's he's reverse egineered EVERY supersuit from every villian he's encountered.

He keeps tabs on every super villian on the planet.

He's injected himself with like every known toxin, poison, and disease out there to form an immunity to it.

I'm fairly certain I remember an instance in Brave and the Bold where he kept a one-way teleported to a black hole. A. Black. Hole.

He's prepared for everything.

He's Batman.

Jmarshmallow

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said it before, and i'll say it again.

Batman is overrated. If Batman got into a battle with any superhuman he would be mopped up quickly and efficiently. His stupidity is now a norm. And everyone believes with prep he's untouchable. He's not untouchable. He is a walking contradiction of the very reason he donned the cape.

Batman says he doesn’t kill people, because he doesn’t consider himself above the law. But he does break other laws. He even gathers intelligence illegally. But it is all meant for greater good. Yet sometimes he ends up creating a threat for the very people he wants to protect. Gotham is still as bad as when he first started.

WHAT'S HIS STRATEGY? WHAT'S HIS MASTER TACTICAL PLAN?

Nitsua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is prepared for MOST scenarios, but he's not a god. Look at the Court of Owls for example, he definitly wasn't ready for that, eventually he overcame them, but it took time and preparation. I actually think people underestimate Batman's improvisational skills, he definitly is capable of thinking on his feet, but honestly the main thing I like about Batman is seeing him be the great Detective that he is... As for Batman vs Superman, he has a plan(obviously, he doesn't trust anyone) but he really can only win in certain situations.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Superguy1591

He's not; he'll look useless against guy who move at light speed in the Justice League if Batman fanboys don't make up a way to make him stand toe-to-toe with them.

He's really not prepared for everything; if he was, he would be unstoppable. And, as we know, Gotham has the highest crime rate of any hero in the big 7. He is obviously not prepared for all the crime in Gotham.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grant Morrison and Tower of Babel.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Superguy1591

@jmarshmallow: how do you prepare for light speed characters? Are you gonna trip them?

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's the goddamn Batman.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He isn't.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How else are Writers going to write Batman into/against other Superpowered Beings?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is batman prepared for flash?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they don't know what they're talking about.

As we can see, Batman's not prepared for the unknowable, and clearly, there are things that he cannot prep for.
As we can see, Batman's not prepared for the unknowable, and clearly, there are things that he cannot prep for.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

I don't think most people believe that. I hope not anyway.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wenjun Chew

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People like his character so they want to make him stronger than he really is because that's natural. He claims he can defeat every member of the Justice league but that hasn't happened and I think he is bluffing about it tbh. He really can't kill Superman, MM, or Flash. I mean no matter how people try to spin it they are just too good unless he plans on betraying them without them expecting it.

QFST!!!

No Caption Provided

Oh Nebezial the best DC artits and he isnt working with DC.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Batman's contingency plan for Darkseid is a case of portable, dimly-lit stairs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've never really understood the whole prep time argument with batman. Hell I've read quite a few batman comics and he rarely preps for threats in Gotham. What also bugs me personally is when people say superman or any other character is overpowered, yet batman having a contingency for everything doesn't seem boring? Yes batman's a tactician but why don't we get to see his plans failing and him relying more on his wits and intelligence to get out of a situation. That seems a lot better. Otherwise it becomes like something from the silver age were a plot device is needed for him to win. It just seems silly in my eyes.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

He isn't prepared to love..

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he is the GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't prepared to love..

Wrong. Mask of the Phantasm.

CaptainBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said it before, and i'll say it again.

Batman is overrated. If Batman got into a battle with any superhuman he would be mopped up quickly and efficiently. His stupidity is now a norm. And everyone believes with prep he's untouchable. He's not untouchable. He is a walking contradiction of the very reason he donned the cape.

Batman says he doesn’t kill people, because he doesn’t consider himself above the law. But he does break other laws. He even gathers intelligence illegally. But it is all meant for greater good. Yet sometimes he ends up creating a threat for the very people he wants to protect. Gotham is still as bad as when he first started.

WHAT'S HIS STRATEGY? WHAT'S HIS MASTER TACTICAL PLAN?

Batman is overrated by a handful of fanboys who think he is invincible and could beat galactus, the rest of the people have common logic. If you give batman two years prep against someone like Superman he is going to win considering he is a billionaire who owns a tech company and has access to almost anything (including kryptonite). I could think of ways in a minute, block out the sun, lace the entire city with kryptonite, lace his suit with kryptonite so he can't touch him, weaken him overtime. I know these are not great ideas, but #1. I'm not batman, a man with genius intellect. #2 I don't have a year I have 5 minutes. I'm not really saying that Batman will beat superman because i'm sure someone can debate with me defending Clark, but giving large amounts of prep to a character against someone who is not insanely powerful with full access to pretty much anything, a good amount of people on our earth could win with these conditions to be honest. I'm really tired about hearing how Batman is so overrated when the same amount underrate him. And to be honest if you don't like batman don't read it.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By legacy6364
CaptainBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CaptainBatman
MonkeyStarship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MonkeyStarship

Because batman fan boys make him even more overrated than he already is...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's only prepared for Gotham villains and slowing down superman

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never really understood the whole prep time argument with batman. Hell I've read quite a few batman comics and he rarely preps for threats in Gotham. What also bugs me personally is when people say superman or any other character is overpowered, yet batman having a contingency for everything doesn't seem boring? Yes batman's a tactician but why don't we get to see his plans failing and him relying more on his wits and intelligence to get out of a situation. That seems a lot better. Otherwise it becomes like something from the silver age were a plot device is needed for him to win. It just seems silly in my eyes.

No Caption Provided

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mrnoital

@jmarshmallow said:

If you read some Batman comics, then you'll have your answer.

The dude has even said that's he's reverse egineered EVERY supersuit from every villian he's encountered.

He keeps tabs on every super villian on the planet.

He's injected himself with like every known toxin, poison, and disease out there to form an immunity to it.

I'm fairly certain I remember an instance in Brave and the Bold where he kept a one-way teleported to a black hole. A. Black. Hole.

He's prepared for everything.

He's Batman.

Jmarshmallow

see all this proves why he's so gret, he's batman, not human

clearly from these feats his brain doesnt work in the same way as other people, also if he injected every toxin/poison/disease he would be very dead, mainly since there are many that dont cave a cure, he's just immune to things that dont have an antibody

and clearly he's prepared for everything, he has never been caught off guard in the comics and not one person has ever had one thing he was unprepared for

also why his city has such low crime, cause he's always prepared and stops it right then, I mean he reverse engineered every villain suit, he could program a counteraction into every bank for every robber he can obviously do anything

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Because they haven't read enough Batman comics.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's his character to be prepared for nearly everything. That's what makes him Batman.

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman could definitely beat almost anyone with enough prep. And he's been prepping for some of the guys for years and years. Think about it, he has near unlimited money, time, access, plus vast amounts of knowledge and research. He's also a very smart guy. I'd take that over super speed, or heat vision in a battle any day. These heroes aren't invincible and I hate that people think just because someone has super strength they're immortal or can't be hurt ever. And no one is saying Batman can't lose, because he can. It's just if Batman took the fight to anyone, or wasn't surprise attacked, he would stand a very good chance of winning. I feel that other heroes rely on their physical abilities a bit too much in order to win.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By legacy6364
BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wasn't prepared for that bullet to the parents.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Quickfingers26

Hmmmm...

1. He prepares for a lot of stuff. It's like Captain America bouncing his shield around. It's just what Batman does. He's obsessive, rich and a genius. So, they are right when they say Batman is prepared for things. He has plans and more plans and backup plans. So it's a reputation if not always a reality at this point.
  2. There are some Batfans who are not satisfied with having their hero already being (deep breath) a Bruce Lee, Sherlock Holmes and Tony Stark all wrapped up in one package. They want more! This is what separates a fan from a fanatic.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two words: Grant Morrison.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

batman is borderline insane. he prepares for every situation before it happens. he is like a doomsday prepper.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By M3th

Because He's tHe goddamn Batsman!

It's like a CHuck Norris joke. It isn't true but it is fun to say. It is not a big deal. Let em Have tHeir fun. THey are entitled to be delusional.

June'sVeryOwn

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, and people who say he solos Living Tribunal and all the Celestials with 10 years prep have never read a Batman comic. That is what sets you aside from them.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK why do people think Dr. Doom is prepared for everything/is unstoppable with prep? Batman is called overrated and is underestimated by people more than he is overrated. Don't know why people are so obsessed with this topic. Oh wait yes I do it's because people love to tear down popular characters. Give Doom Batman's popularity and you'd see the same threads popping up for him.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: Naw Dooms a badass, and deserves it. Batmans a walking plot device that runs around in his Halloween costume fighting a Penguin a Scare Crow a guy with half a face with a gun for a weapon and a Homicidal Clown he won't kill.

Who's on a team full of heros that could kill him Multiple ways.. beating people who would snap him in half with a pinky buts wins cause of plot..who gets praised for beating superman with his weakness (it's like me poisoning a guy then saying I liked his ass) .. And the Guys weakness.. is weakness.

Sooo yea.. then we have Doom.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

@jack_donaghy: Naw Dooms a badass, and deserves it. Batmans a walking plot device that runs around in his Halloween costume fighting a Penguin a Scare Crow a guy with half a face with a gun for a weapon and a Homicidal Clown he won't kill.

Who's on a team full of heros that could kill him Multiple ways.. beating people who would snap him in half with a pinky buts wins cause of plot..who gets praised for beating superman with his weakness (it's like me poisoning a guy then saying I liked his ass) .. And the Guys weakness.. is weakness.

Sooo yea.. then we have Doom.

And people say Batman fanboys are delusional and annoying.