Avatar image for aaliyahnation79
AaliyahNation79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I swear the movie must be good.

the new 52 ruined her legacy by making her the daughter of zeus smh. Idk wtf they are doing with rebirth.

Wonder Woman is a woman who is born out of patriarchal control. Free of mans blood in her.But nooo she just had to be from zeus blood smh.

Its sad how overlooked she is, especially at her prime she was outselling Superman comics for crying out loud..

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear the movie must be good.

the new 52 ruined her legacy by making her the daughter of zeus smh. Idk wtf they are doing with rebirth.

Wonder Woman is a woman who is born out of patriarchal control. Free of mans blood in her.But nooo she just had to be from zeus blood smh.

Its sad how overlooked she is, especially at her prime she was outselling Superman comics for crying out loud..

How does having a father hurt her legacy?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Idk wtf they are doing with rebirth.

Did you even give it a chance? There's only been 3 issues.

Avatar image for aaliyahnation79
AaliyahNation79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: @buttersdaman000:

Wonder Woman doesn't need a father, Her theme is about being isolated from all forms of man, and later convincing her mother Hippoylta that men aren't that bad, and reconnect the world of man with paradise island.

Rebrirth basically claims Pre52 and New52 are all lies. smh

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@theexile285:

Rebirth basically claims Pre52 and New52 are all lies. smh

It states that some aspects are lies due to the inconsistencies between both and its too early to say what is even going to get rectoned.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Give it a chance at least. I'm liking it so far.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: @buttersdaman000:

Wonder Woman doesn't need a father, Her theme is about being isolated from all forms of man, and later convincing her mother Hippoylta that men aren't that bad, and reconnect the world of man with paradise island.

Rebrirth basically claims Pre52 and New52 are all lies. smh

Still don't see how having a father hurts her legacy. Her original origin was that her mother prayed to the gods to bring her to life from clay. The gods include men.....she's never been "completely" isolated from men. So, IMO, her theme isn't what you say it is; it's just female empowerment. And female empowerment, to me at least, doesn't mean you have to exclude men wherever you can.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

Having a father doesn't diminish her independence or femininity in any way. I don't feel emasculated by virtue of, you know, having a mother. That is simply foolish and speaks to a regressive form of feminism that seems to be dominating discourse nowadays.