Why do humans suck so much?

Avatar image for thewallsareclosingin
TheWallsAreClosingIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like in DC I mean we got races like Kryptonians, Martians, Tamaraneans etc all which kick MAJOR ass

And then we got humans, humans that can't even lift ONE ton or run at 50+mph

What are the chances we're the only NON god-like humanoids in the entire universe?

I'm just saying, there's a pretty glaring power creep in the whole system right here..

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

There's also the fact that humans are infants compared to the time the other races have existed.

When humanity had its potential unlocked(prenew52) They ruined the Sun Eater(Can't remember if it was the Sun Eater or another cosmic threat). Humans have the potential to be just as powerful as kryptonians, in a different way, they just haven't unlocked it.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Matezoide2

Because whats the point of making aliens if they arent ''better'' than us?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

Also:

Batman, your argument is invalid.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FiMFTW

@Matezoide2:

IDK man but wow I sure do feel underpowered when reading comics

@TheCrowbar:

Hm, that must be some kind of omnipotence paradox again

Is god still god if he takes the form of a man?

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Matezoide2

@FiMFTW said:

@Matezoide2:

IDK man but wow I sure do feel underpowered when reading comics.

Prety much every fiction work makes me feel underpowered lol.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Matezoide2 said:

@FiMFTW said:

@Matezoide2:

IDK man but wow I sure do feel underpowered when reading comics.

Prety much every fiction work makes me feel underpowered lol.

Star Trek.

Federation owns everyone.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@TheCrowbar said:

There's also the fact that humans are infants compared to the time the other races have existed.

When humanity had its potential unlocked(prenew52) They ruined the Sun Eater(Can't remember if it was the Sun Eater or another cosmic threat). Humans have the potential to be just as powerful as kryptonians, in a different way, they just haven't unlocked it.

I agree with this statement. Take Batman for example. With prep he could pose more of a threat, although our potential is still not tapped yet, since Batman rarely wins any combat situations against Superman-like foes.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jorgevy

well that's why in Marvel they have mutants. i kinda wish Human metas in DC were stronger (comparable to marvel muties)

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION
@TheCrowbar

Also:

This a million times over. He killed Darkseid and is a human. BOOM!!
JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonSmith
Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Hazlenaut

Remember the episode of Batman Brave and the Bold of Planet X, that should bring that back. It would also provide how hard Superman has it for controlling his powers. How about a robot made of that stuff? Think of the destruction that would happen.

you have to wonder how JSA were back in the days.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Stegman said:

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

Well a lot of these Alien races in DC had million year old societies at a time when our species didn't even exist yet so simply put they've just had more time to evolve. Plus Kryptonians are pretty much just as weak as normal humans when on their home world.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

That's what makes human super heroes more interesting. They have to overcome the fact that they are weak and have no powers.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#17  Edited By AssertingValor

@Matezoide2 said:

Because whats the point of making aliens if they arent ''better'' than us?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

How would a species that is less advanced than us develop interstellar technology that allows them to visit Earth?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colonyofcells

I think dc also has planets where the inhabitants are not super. In krypton, the inhabitants are not super but they do have advanced science. In Rann, the inhabitants look like humans for some reason but those in Rann do not have super powers. Being super is also relative and needs other aliens to compare to in terms of power levels. For the dc human looking aliens, I prefer the fictional explanation that all humans in other planets are somehow related and they can travel between planets using star gates. I prefer Superman to arrive on earth using a star gate rather than a rocket. With our knowledge of evolution, we know it is unlikely that there will be beings in other planets that look like humans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8a41461364c
deactivated-5a8a41461364c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not a fair point of view because there are plenty of alien races in comics and the like that are weaker than humans but they are never going to be the ones that visit Earth as humans aren't capable of going to other planets, therefore how are we ever going to encounter a race that is less advanced than us? It doesn't make sense for aliens to not be badass.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spawn_123

Humans are very powerful but they need time to evolve with time and exercise we can become very powerful but first we need to unlock the brain power

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By colonyofcells

Humans are quite powerful with science and technology. I heard rumors the military has anti matter weapons already. If Batman has an anti-matter weapon, he can probably kill Superman easily.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Emperorb777

As much as the human race is in danger by some type of Alien/Supernatural/etc you would thing they would have evolved just to survive the day.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By colonyofcells

The human species is very fragile and currently totally dependent on a particular oxygen level and also temperature level. Most larger animals go extinct after 1 million years. Mass extinctions come around every 25 million years and usually only bacteria and archea will survive for sure. Bacteria are more versatile and can use many types of elements and compounds for energy. The human species will probably go extinct quite early from overpopulation.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hazlenaut

I think it is part of how they set up the bad ass human part. When look at many animals you should learn not to underestimate many them and not to overestimate your abilities compared to them. We have lessons ready on what to do when we face them for safety reasons but we should never get cocky. We have scene vulnerabilities in many alien species that we learn use it. In that logic there will aliens that will do the same.maybe we need to see a few of those aliens that we think are very vulnerable but can be deadly. there would be one ability that would be a perk but they would have their difficulties they would have as well.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By Timandm

@TheWallsAreClosingIn:

Well, I wouldn't say that "humans suck"... But I see what you're getting at. It seems many of the other races are simply superior to Humans, in the comic books, right? Well,

1. You're forgetting that you're not seeing ALL the other races out there. You're only seeing the ones that are, in some way, superior (physically)... There could be billions upon billions of races out there that are far weaker than Humans... But what story line would bring them into the comics? What challenge or threat would they pose?
  2. You have to have beings out there, that pose a threat or are, in some way, physically superior to humans, else what would be the challenge? and if there's no challenge, then where's the interest?
satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By satyrgod

I assume the less advanced aliens haven't made it to Earth. And why would they? Besides, the majority of Legionnaires aliens, and most of them are pretty lame.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hazlenaut

One thing I wonder if aliens think human can easily react by many elements and change by it. That why they see a variety of powers on human. Are we just talking humans or earthlings? Has that ever been debated by other aliens?

DarkHumor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DarkHumor
No Caption Provided

Humans invented this universe, and God is a human. Your argument is invalid.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By colonyofcells

In the 31st century mythology, I believe the explanation for many aliens looking like earthlings (have powers or no powers) was that earthlings went to other planets. In the 21st century mythology, at one time, the explanation was Lar Gand Valor rescued many earthlings and/or human looking aliens from Dominators experimentation and put them in various planets.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Bruxae

If we could lift one ton youd be complaining that we cant lift 5, we are what we are, and none of your mentioned races actually exist. and if you mean only in comics, well, comic humans are supposed to reflect real humans.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mypasswordis1234

One ton is not few, no offense, but you need to "get a life". Also the humans can be impressive too. There are man who very resistant to electricity, or has "magnetic skin" or can pull an airplane with his teeth, or very agile, or very brave(extreme sports), search on youtube some win compilation.

Also, our organism very impressive if you know how unhealthy the smoke, alcohol, saturated fats, and still can live on these for a lot of years, or how our body react when we do bodybuilding... again, you need to learn more about humans than fictional humanoids.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By satyrgod

"Why do humans suck so much"?

Because... they enjoy it?

They're good at it?

The really have nothing better to do with their time?

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hazlenaut

Learned from TV tropes one befit we have is since we are bipedal we do long walks which help retrieving horses that ran away.

As the question what part of humans suck that we feel that needs to be work on is behavior. After we find a way to lean get along we have to work on mutants, Robots, etc. we do have tendency superiority and inferiority complexes. they have it too but you know how many WTF moments have we made.

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ArticulateT

I think it's part of a psychological aspect of story-telling. We, as humans, know exactly what we're capable of, so in order to make Superheroes and Villains super, they have to be something beyond human. Even Batman and heroes like him fall into the category, he is super because he defies what we would normally expect a human to be capable of, in mind, body and spirit.

It's possible that Humans in this stage of their lives are capable of a lot more than certain alien races or species, and being the dominant species on a planet that is the center of the multiverse couldn't be without some kind of perks. I guess, for the moment, Humanity's shared power is that we simply refuse to die.

It can also be said that 'Super' is usually down to perception, and one of my favourite supervillains, Syndrome, utilises this aspect brilliantly:

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#36  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Batman and Constantine are both humans that have owned gods

Avatar image for sundipped_superman
Sundipped_Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonyofcells said:

The human species is very fragile and currently totally dependent on a particular oxygen level and also temperature level. Most larger animals go extinct after 1 million years. Mass extinctions come around every 25 million years and usually only bacteria and archea will survive for sure. Bacteria are more versatile and can use many types of elements and compounds for energy. The human species will probably go extinct quite early from overpopulation.

^This post however depressing it is, is true....

SS

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By TDK_1997

You are forgetting someone.....Batman.