Why can't we have a marvel vs DC injustice game

RedHood1047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Why can't we have a marvel vs DC injustice game? It would be awesome to have an injustice like game with marvel and DC characters

Techherofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Simply and to the point rights issues and dividing the money between two companies probably means they'll lose more then they'll gain.

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like it should be possible, I mean how hard is it to split the monetary gains? They do it with Capcom vs Marvel. Why not DC vs Marvel?

DenzelMoton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want a dc game just like marvel ultimate alliance

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there's gonna be any Marvel Vs DC video game, it's going to be a damned Lego one.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RetconCrisis

@maxsavage said:

I feel like it should be possible, I mean how hard is it to split the monetary gains? They do it with Capcom vs Marvel. Why not DC vs Marvel?

Well considering the new leaders at Marvel severed their ties with Capcom (no more Marvel Capcom games (._.) ), it doesn't seem possible.

They also literally took down all retail Marvel video games, both Capcom and non-Capcom (like Spiderman Shattered Dimensions), from all physical and digital stores (meaning unless it's used, there is no place on the face of the Earth that sells retail Marvel games that came out before the shift in leadership).

So this isn't the same Marvel that worked with Capcom. If it were that Marvel (the one that allowed the Marvel/DC comic crossover) we might have a chance, but the new Marvel is much more strict with its properties.

But there's still hope considering Lego and Telltale games are making both Marvel and DC games.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@maxsavage: their deal with capcom went south after umcv3. They don't work together anymore

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By vinomonster

Warner Brothers is making a Lego Avengers game, if they really think DC vs Marvel will work, I guess there will be an issue in the licensing and the story because both companies doesn't want their characters to be a jobber.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They actually Marvel took all rights away from Capcom so Marvel can make there own fighting games. See the horrible Contest of Champions.

I am all for doing a Capcom Vs Marvel Vs DC got to go with the best fighting game out there, Street Fighter series.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a game like that ever came

Friendships will be broken

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You're asking a little too much of Disney and Warner Brothers.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there's gonna be any Marvel Vs DC video game, it's going to be a damned Lego one.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denzelmoton: that would be amazing. As long as they include Black Canary, Green Arrow, Cyborg, and Aquaman.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@xwraith: it too 50 years for Disney and Warner to allow Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny to be in the same movie. Even then, contractually, they had to have the exact same amount screen time. The two companies haven't shared their properties since. Ego and control is what keeps these two monoliths from intermingling to every geeks joy.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Simply and to the point rights issues and dividing the money between two companies probably means they'll lose more then they'll gain.

This. Honestly it would just be a fan service game with them not getting enough out of it.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By stormshadow_x

@thecybr0g said:

That would be awesome, and relatively easy to explain given Injustice has explained the multiverse already. Sadly, petty rivalry will stop it from ever happening. But on the bright side, we won't ever have to see Spider-Man in Injustice-style armor.

Close enough, though.

No Caption Provided

Petty Rivalry? The only people who take that seriously are the fans. Marvel,DC , writers and artist from both are quite friendly. The only reason the game won't happen is because splitting the money is a issue. Even if it was a hit neither would get what they earned. The game would have to sell as good as the average call of duty or GTA V. Course WB and Disney if that what's you were talking about are a lot less friendly with one another.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

It'd be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath.