Why aren't popular X-Men in all new and astonishing X-Men?

Dark_Conflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm a huge fan of the Uncanny X-Men, but I'm only now getting in to these newer X-Men series. But reading through these, I'm seeing that some of my favorite characters have been excluded, such as Iceman, Nightcrawler, and Storm for the most part. Is there a canonical reason for this, or were they just left out by the creators?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast and Iceman arent popular? X-23 also seems somewhat popular.although not as iconic as the others.

Dark_Conflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to say that they're not popular, I'm meant to imply that many of the core X-Men were being left out, not that the ones in the modern comics were not popular, sorry for the confusion.

daingermouz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would guess they are trying to let some of their less known characters a chance to shine. Just like they did years ago by adding new members like Wolverine,Storm, Gambit etc etc.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Not to say that they're not popular, I'm meant to imply that many of the core X-Men were being left out, not that the ones in the modern comics were not popular, sorry for the confusion.

no problem, im pretty sure i has to do with the divide between the X-Men. the all-new X-Men were with Cyclops for a while but now im pretty sure they want to be on their own. As for Astonishing, theirs been a huge divide between the X-Men dating all the way back to Schism