Why are there so many anime/manga threads on comic vine?

• 61 results
Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do people not know that anime vice is a thing? Or is there just a better crowd of people over here? I know Manga are comics but this site is more of a western comic type of site and as I have pointed out anime vice is a viable option. I dabble a bit into the anime/manga world but a good amount of the stuff people are talking about I am not really informed on.

I just do not know what the point of all of these threads are when there are so many other sites more geared for the threads you guys are creating.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Cause

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Because I'm too lazy make an account in AnimeVice and Comicvine could use some diversity

ManDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman because Batman is Batman and will always be Batman. I really liked the part we he was Batman and then didBatman stuff. Batman......

IAmTheCrowning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause whateva whateva we do what we won't!

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandog said:

Batman because Batman is Batman and will always be Batman. I really liked the part we he was Batman and then didBatman stuff. Batman......

Doest not work in this post, your question was broad and I answered it with the post above. Copy and pasting my comment is very original btw....

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ManDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandog said:

Doest not work in this post, your question was broad and I answered it with the post above. Copy and pasting my comment is very original btw....

because Batman is Batman and will always be Batman.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@mandog said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@mandog said:

Go down this road and I will spam your thread and inbox......

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause we're here, and it's a fine option.

Do some viners take an anti-Anime/Manga stance? Yes.

Doesn't change the fact that there is a fine community of people who can discuss it and have fun, without any "flame wars." The only real downside is the no DBZ vs. Something else threads, but I personally wasn't a part of that.

Don't see why it should apply to me, but it's a rule, so whatever. Aside from that, this place is perfectly geared to Anime/Manga.

ManDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ManDog
@thenaughtytitan said:

@mandog said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@mandog said:

Hahaha.

Don´t get mad. You were just kidding (I suposse). I did the same.

It can end here. And peacefully.

EDIT: And I assume you´re not a troll so you may agree with me.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Doesn't change the fact that there is a fine community of people who can discuss it and have fun, without any "flame wars." The only real downside is the no DBZ vs. Something else threads, but I personally wasn't a part of that.

Don't see why it should apply to me, but it's a rule, so whatever. Aside from that, this place is perfectly geared to Anime/Manga.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Not really "geared" towards "Anime/Manga" more like that is jammed in. The word "geared" is a little drastic IMO because the site is made for and reports on western comics, anime and manga stuff are here in threads but the site is in noway geared towards it. I have no problem with anime and manga, I am just confused as to why there is so much on this site when there are other options clearly more geared towards it.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandog said:
@thenaughtytitan said:

@mandog said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@mandog said:

Hahaha.

Don´t get mad. You were just kidding (I suposse). I did the same.

It can end here. And peacefully.

EDIT: And I assume you´re not a troll so you may agree with me.

Lol, I was not getting mad, I was getting ready to engage in some friendly competition. I am a competitive person and I was not going to let you win this war. It can end here then lol.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Not really "geared" towards "Anime/Manga" more like that is jammed in. The word "geared" is a little drastic IMO

If the word 'geared' is drastic, how is it being 'jammed in' not?

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@scouterv said:

Not really "geared" towards "Anime/Manga" more like that is jammed in. The word "geared" is a little drastic IMO

I never said it was not but it represents it better. The site reports on and is meant to talk about western comics, anime and manga are kind of jammed in here. They are not reported on in any way so the site itself is not geared towards them, threads are just made on anime/manga which is why I used the word "jammed".

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@scouterv said:

I never said it was not but it represents it better.

I see no reason why it does.

The site reports on and is meant to talk about western comics, anime and manga are kind of jammed in here.

A personal opinion of few viners. That's not exactly what the community is saying, is it?

They are not reported on in any way so the site itself is not geared towards them, threads are just made on anime/manga which is why I used the word "jammed".

Really? Their individual pages are updated with every new release. Even for the pretty obscure ones:

ex. vinland saga

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@scouterv said:

I never said it was not but it represents it better.

I see no reason why it does.

The site reports on and is meant to talk about western comics, anime and manga are kind of jammed in here.

A personal opinion of few viners. That's not exactly what the community is saying, is it?

They are not reported on in any way so the site itself is not geared towards them, threads are just made on anime/manga which is why I used the word "jammed".

Really? Their individual pages are updated with every new release. Even for the pretty obscure ones:

ex. vinland saga

It is here, it is not on the front page and nobody makes a big deal about it. Which is why the site is not geared towards it. It is jammed in here, it is not in any way "geared" because the main thing about thing about comic vine is that it is geared towards western comics. Are you saying it is "geared" towards anime/manga? Because it is not. Do you guys know what "geared" means? If this site were "geared" towards manga and anime that would be the main thing about this site, anime and manga are jammed in here.

I know that they are reported on to an extent but a big deal is not made about it, it is not shown on the front page and they site is not "geared" towards it. Anime/manga is here but it is not a huge part of what this website is actually about, which is why I use the word "jammed".

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Nuthin' wrong with anime, I'm not surprised there are anime threads, I'm just surprised "anime" just translates to Dragon Ball Z.

But if YA fiction threads started popping up, then start worrying.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Manga is a form of comics like you said, plus people are curious if (for example) Naruto could beat Wolverine, and Comic Vine is one (if not the) best comic forums on the net so it's the best place to goto for debating battles. I don't see the harm other than people are ignorant to anime/manga characters and will say A (some western comic character) beats B (a manga or anime character) even though B would actually stomp A but that happens all the time anyways with just DC vs Marvel characters. And you can't let one crude user define a entire fanbase cause every fanbase has crude fans. Plus Anime Vice from what I hear is dead (never checked it out). Plus we have a awesome community so it's compelling to post other than western comic threads like anime, manga, sports, politics, etc.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manga is a form of comics like you said, plus people are curious if (for example) Naruto could beat Wolverine, and Comic Vine is one (if not the) best comic forums on the net so it's the best place to goto for debating battles. I don't see the harm other than people are ignorant to anime/manga characters and will say A (some western comic character) beats B (a manga or anime character) even though B would actually stomp A but that happens all the time anyways with just DC vs Marvel characters. And you can't let one crude user define a entire fanbase cause every fanbase has crude fans. Plus Anime Vice from what I hear is dead (never checked it out). Plus we have a awesome community so it's compelling to post other than western comic threads like anime, manga, sports, politics, etc.

I am not talking about manga vs western comic characters so much as I am talking about manga vs manga characters.I feel anime vice is better suited for those threads especially because a higher percentage of people on there will have more knowledge on anime/manga characters due to that being what the site is for.

Oh wait, dead? Hmm, really? Yeah it appears to be a bit less active then comic vine(its a weird hour) but there are pretty recent comments in the battle forum.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Comicvine shouldn't be limited to just comics. We need diversity once in a while.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine shouldn't be limited to just comics. We need diversity once in a while.

Never said it should be

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@thenaughtytitan Manga is Japanese Comics and Anime is an adaptation of it. So why do we discuss Comics then? Because its a comics sight. Last I checked the west isn't the only ones who make it. As for the Anime bit. Why do we discuss Young Justice, Green Lantern the Animated Series, and the like? Because they're an adaptation of said comics. Same reasoning goes for Anime.

The day comicvine is without Manga discussions is the day the sight isn't really about comics but rather is about western comics which in reality is a very different thing. In my book they should change the name to westerncomicvine.com if such a change should happen.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan Manga is Japanese Comics and Anime is an adaptation of it. So why do we discuss Comics then? Because its a comics sight. Last I checked the west isn't the only ones who make it. As for the Anime bit. Why do we discuss Young Justice, Green Lantern the Animated Series, and the like? Because they're an adaptation of said comics. Same reasoning goes for Anime.

The day comicvine is without Manga discussions is the day the sight isn't really about comics but rather is about western comics which in reality is a very different thing. In my book they should change the name to westerncomicvine.com if such a change should happen.

I literally stated in 3rd sentence manga are comics but this site is more for western comics and other site are more geared towards manga. We discuss "Young Justice, Green Lantern the Animated Series" because they are based on character from western comics(what this site is made for) anime is based off of manga which are not the main point of this site.

I do not think you know what I am actually saying, I am saying that there are other site more geared towards these threads people are making and this site is more for western comics(look at the home page, no anime news in sight)

Why are you saying that the site is not mostly about western comics when it is, the news is oriented around western comics and things that have to do with western comics. It is mainly the forum that has things about anime and manga but I am saying there are better places for these threads.

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@bluelantern1995 said:

I literally stated in 3rd sentence manga are comics but this site is more for western comics and other site are more geared towards manga. We discuss "Young Justice, Green Lantern the Animated Series" because they are based on character from western comics(what this site is made for) anime is based off of manga which are not the main point of this site.

I do not think you know what I am actually saying, I am saying that there are other site more geared towards these threads people are making and this site is more for western comics(look at the home page, no anime news in sight)

Why are you saying that the site is not mostly about western comics when it is, the news is oriented around western comics and things that have to do with western comics. It is mainly the forum that has things about anime and manga but I am saying there are better places for these threads.

@thenaughtytitanYou seemed to have dodged the point entirely. It doesn't matter. This site isn't really about Western comics either. Its more about superheroes, Marvel and DC to be specific. So what? Should we just forget everything else? No. This is a comics site. We talk about ALL comics great and small. Be they western or eastern. Edward Elric is just as important to this site as Spider-Man. Why? We talk comics. They're both comics. Should the site not want to discuss a particular comic cause its small and not often discussed? If it does then this site is a fraud and a waste of time.

If tomorrow Manga was forbidden to talk about then the people on the site are being random and picking what we can talk about. So some random western comic you haven't heard about you're okay with but not manga? Anime/Manga is what our site is about. Just cause it isn't in our news doesn't mean it isn't. A lot of comics fly under the radar. Fact is this, what news in the west isn't about one of the following 4 publishers, Marvel, DC, IDW, and Dark Horse? The answer none. Cause this site's news isn't about Western comics either at least news wise. Its about those 4.

I enjoy talking about all 4 of them. If someone mentions another publisher other than those, you don't want to talk about them? You may not but some(including me) would. Why? We're here discussing ALL comics, great and small and we like to too. I'd like to talk Fables, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spider-Man, Justice League, and the infinite others. Just cause you don't like or don't know Anime/Manga doesn't mean we comics fans don't know and don't care.

We also talk Graphic Novels. Which means I can and have discussed books in General Discussions that have been adapted to Graphic Novel. So as I said. It doesn't matter. Comics are comics. Manga is comics. We discuss Comics so we discuss Manga. We discuss Anime cause it is an adaptation of Manga and we discuss adaptations of comics. Its that simple. We don't need to go anywhere else. We want to talk about what the site is about and isn't that why we're here?

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

@thenaughtytitanYou seemed to have dodged the point entirely. It doesn't matter. This site isn't really about Western comics either. Its more about superheroes, Marvel and DC to be specific. So what? Should we just forget everything else? No. This is a comics site. We talk about ALL comics great and small. Be they western or eastern. Edward Elric is just as important to this site as Spider-Man. Why? We talk comics. They're both comics. Should the site not want to discuss a particular comic cause its small and not often discussed? If it does then this site is a fraud and a waste of time.

If tomorrow Manga was forbidden to talk about then the people on the site are being random and picking what we can talk about. So some random western comic you haven't heard about you're okay with but not manga? Anime/Manga is what our site is about. Just cause it isn't in our news doesn't mean it isn't. A lot of comics fly under the radar. Fact is this, what news in the west isn't about one of the following 4 publishers, Marvel, DC, IDW, and Dark Horse? The answer none. Cause this site's news isn't about Western comics either at least news wise. Its about those 4.

I enjoy talking about all 4 of them. If someone mentions another publisher other than those, you don't want to talk about them? You may not but some(including me) would. Why? We're here discussing ALL comics, great and small and we like to too. I'd like to talk Fables, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spider-Man, Justice League, and the infinite others. Just cause you don't like or don't know Anime/Manga doesn't mean we comics fans don't know and don't care.

We also talk Graphic Novels. Which means I can and have discussed books in General Discussions that have been adapted to Graphic Novel. So as I said. It doesn't matter. Comics are comics. Manga is comics. We discuss Comics so we discuss Manga. We discuss Anime cause it is an adaptation of Manga and we discuss adaptations of comics. Its that simple. We don't need to go anywhere else. We want to talk about what the site is about and isn't that why we're here?

I will read and respond to this in second period, right now I am busy....

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

as I have pointed out anime vice is a viable option

Anime Vice isn't Comic Vine's sister site anymore. I doubt the staff would want to lose regular visitors to another site.

BB

IAmTheCrowning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: Somebody needs to watch classic South Park episodes.I know what I typed, and you obviously know what I meant so don't be "that guy".

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@thenaughtytitan said:

It is here, it is not on the front page and nobody makes a big deal about it.

The discussion pretty much ended here. You accepted it is here officially, and while the writers of front page do not read it, the community does as you already mentioned - that is why it is not 'jammed'.

If you're going to ask 'why does community read manga', that's their personal choice.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

Saying it is not about western comics and then saying it is about DC and Marvel does not make sense, those are western comic companies. I never said they should not be allowed, you completely read my comment wrong and are responding to an entirely different subject. I originally said in my main post that it would be better for people to make pure anime/manga threads on a anime/manga site because people there are generally more knowledgeable on those characters.

"Edward Elric is just as important to this site as Spider-Man. Why? We talk comics."

Now you are just exaggerating to a huge extent to try and further your argument. Do you know how many threads ed has in his forum? 2 threads, that is it. Spiderman has over 3000 threads in his forum. He is more important to people on this site and he should be, because this site is mainly geared towards comics(western).

Now you are just all over the place and it is getting embarrassing, first you say the site is geared towards all comics and now you are saying it is geared towards 4 companies, mostly I agree that it is geared towards these companies because they are popular, people want to hear and talk about them and their characters. This site is created for superhero comics mainly like you are now saying and I was thinking that people would get better and more profound answers on an anime/manga site because they know more about it.

Again I never said people should not talk about manga/anime here, I just thought they would get better answers and debates on a website geared towards this. I never told you not to talk about it here I just had a thought about how people know more in a manga based forum. You continue to put words into my mouth and respond to me as if I said manga should not be discussed here.

Actually read my posts next time and stop responding to me like I said manga should not be allowed. I never said that. I had a suggestion on where you manga lovers could discuss because you would get more educated answers on a site geared more towards manga.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

The discussion pretty much ended here. You accepted it is here officially, and while the writers of front page do not read it, the community does as you already mentioned - that is why it is not 'jammed'.

If you're going to ask 'why does community read manga', that's their personal choice.

You misunderstood the point of this thread completely because we had an argument about what the site is geared to. I am not saying manga should be abolished and not talked about, I am suggesting people could have more educated debated on a site where people are more educated on manga.

I never said I did not accept it was here, what are you talking about? This site is for sure not "geared" towards it like you are trying to argue. I already said it was here, it is jammed in among the rest of comic vine but it does not play big enough a role for you guys to say the site is "geared" towards it.

You have the complete wrong view of my stance and I am not arguing that it should not be here, we were arguing whether or not the site is "geared" towards it or not and the site isn't. That does not however mean manga/anime does not have a place here.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By albusan

Because Anime/Manga is awesome sauce.

Plus, there's a lot of knowledgeable Anime/manga nerds on this site. Plus, It's a great way to troll Saren when are tentacles come out.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good thing.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

You'll get more conversation here since Anime Vice is dead.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the way AnimeVice looks.

Problem?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@thenaughtytitan said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

You misunderstood the point of this thread completely because we had an argument about what the site is geared to. I am not saying manga should be abolished and not talked about, I am suggesting people could have more educated debated on a site where people are more educated on manga.

And that, my friend is exactly why people are here. That is the point. There are many debaters here with solid knowledge on anime/manga as much as comics, and are generally more civil compared to other sites.

I never said I did not accept it was here, what are you talking about? This site is for sure not "geared" towards it like you are trying to argue. I already said it was here, it is jammed in among the rest of comic vine but it does not play big enough a role for you guys to say the site is "geared" towards it. You have the complete wrong view of my stance and I am not arguing that it should not be here, we were arguing whether or not the site is "geared" towards it or not and the site isn't. That does not however mean manga/anime does not have a place here.

I'm not arguing for 'geared' in the first place. I am arguing against the 'jammed in'.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same reason there's threads about movies or video games, its an extremely popular medium that has an audience that in a lot cases also enjoy comics. Also consider the following, Marvels going to do an AoT cross over, did all the series for the mangaverse stuff(as awful as it was) and in the past has had major manga creators do series based off of their characters(Spiderman the manga, wolverine snikt). Darkhorse is one of the largest comic book publishers and yet they have a substantial amount of full manga series that they completely rework and and put out. Clearly there is a legitimate connection between the two. To answer your question as to why specifically here, its because site like animevice are horrible and other mixed are oftern even worse.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

And that, my friend is exactly why people are here. That is the point. There are many debaters here with solid knowledge on anime/manga as much as comics, and are generally more civil compared to other sites.

I never said I did not accept it was here, what are you talking about? This site is for sure not "geared" towards it like you are trying to argue. I already said it was here, it is jammed in among the rest of comic vine but it does not play big enough a role for you guys to say the site is "geared" towards it. You have the complete wrong view of my stance and I am not arguing that it should not be here, we were arguing whether or not the site is "geared" towards it or not and the site isn't. That does not however mean manga/anime does not have a place here.

I'm not arguing for 'geared' in the first place. I am arguing against the 'jammed in'.

I see, I can also why you think the word "jammed" is a tad excessive....

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

I rest my case.

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluelantern1995 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

Saying it is not about western comics and then saying it is about DC and Marvel does not make sense, those are western comic companies. I never said they should not be allowed, you completely read my comment wrong and are responding to an entirely different subject. I originally said in my main post that it would be better for people to make pure anime/manga threads on a anime/manga site because people there are generally more knowledgeable on those characters.

"Edward Elric is just as important to this site as Spider-Man. Why? We talk comics."

Now you are just exaggerating to a huge extent to try and further your argument. Do you know how many threads ed has in his forum? 2 threads, that is it. Spiderman has over 3000 threads in his forum. He is more important to people on this site and he should be, because this site is mainly geared towards comics(western).

Now you are just all over the place and it is getting embarrassing, first you say the site is geared towards all comics and now you are saying it is geared towards 4 companies, mostly I agree that it is geared towards these companies because they are popular, people want to hear and talk about them and their characters. This site is created for superhero comics mainly like you are now saying and I was thinking that people would get better and more profound answers on an anime/manga site because they know more about it.

Again I never said people should not talk about manga/anime here, I just thought they would get better answers and debates on a website geared towards this. I never told you not to talk about it here I just had a thought about how people know more in a manga based forum. You continue to put words into my mouth and respond to me as if I said manga should not be discussed here.

Actually read my posts next time and stop responding to me like I said manga should not be allowed. I never said that. I had a suggestion on where you manga lovers could discuss because you would get more educated answers on a site geared more towards manga.

@thenaughtytitan Okay let me make this clear for you. Western Comics whole, Marvel/DC part of whole. Big difference. Do you get the point now? I don't know how else to say it. The focus in the news is on the part(Marvel/DC and IDW/Dark Horse) not the whole and as such shouldn't be said to be for the whole. Your point on manga/anime probably being better on a pure anime/manga site is again pointless as I'll show you in the paragraphs below.

As for your comment about Spider-Man and Edward Elric. Note that I said Edward Elric is just as important to the site as Spider-Man not that he is as popular. BIG DIFFERENCE. On a comics site all characters are equally important. My comment could just as easily be Fancy Dan is just as important as Spider-Man to this site. Why? They're both comics. Don't put words in my mouth, if you can't understand my point please don't act like you do. I never said as popular, you just claim I said that when I clearly didn't.

Again you clearly are not getting the point. The site(overall comics, forums, wiki, everything), is for all comics and should be treated as such. The news only covers the Big 4 I mentioned. This is something you used to back your claim that anime/manga forums probably should be left to anime/manga websites. The forums and news are 2 different things. On the news I said only Big 4 are covered and thus not Western comics as a whole. And the forums cover everything from manga, small unknown comics, Marvel, DC, IDW, and Dark Horse. This site may MOSTLY cover superhero comics but it is not a superhero site, it is a comicbook site and as such should be treated like it.

As for your comment in the paragraph above last. I addressed you like I saw you and if I saw you wrongly I apologize. I saw you as someone who was upset with all the anime/manga threads cluttering up the forums blocking the "western" comics you love. If I am wrong in this assumption I am sorry, I just tried to answer your question in a clear concise way, something you seem to not be getting at this moment.

As for your last comment, I have read them, the tone(again this is the internet so I could have mistaken it and if so again I apologize), came off as angry about anime/manga forums(I've dealt with this plenty before so please understand that). All I said is, we are here on a site that is made for us western and Japanese comicbook/manga readers and we like to talk about our likes in this area like comicbook fans, not necessarily anime/manga fans. We're both. We like to look at it like both.

Anime/Manga may be treated like its separate(like you do, if you like or don't like them) but they are the same. Just like different nationalities and skin colors in humanity, I believe we should forget the titles we put on them and treat them the same no matter what. In this situation. I pick up a colored or black and white comicbook and read it. The same thing happens for both, there is no difference. This prejudice people have bugs me and I'm tired of it. I don't want to treat them as seperate, this is how prejudice keeps on living either when it comes to humanity as racism or in the case of comics, comicbook vs manga flame wars. I am a comic fan. Manga's only difference from regular comics is that it is black and white. I like to treat them both the same and I do.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@thenaughtytitan said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

I rest my case.

Case on what, me being confused on what we were arguing about because you jumped in the middle of a conversation that did not concern you?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan:

Case on what, me being confused on what we were arguing about

Case on the 'jammed in' part.

because you jumped in the middle of a conversation that did not concern you?

When you make a public thread to discuss on it, it is to be expected.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

@thenaughtytitan Okay let me make this clear for you. Western Comics whole, Marvel/DC part of whole. Big difference. Do you get the point now? I don't know how else to say it. The focus in the news is on the part(Marvel/DC and IDW/Dark Horse) not the whole and as such shouldn't be said to be for the whole. Your point on manga/anime probably being better on a pure anime/manga site is again pointless as I'll show you in the paragraphs below.

As for your comment about Spider-Man and Edward Elric. Note that I said Edward Elric is just as important to the site as Spider-Man not that he is as popular. BIG DIFFERENCE. On a comics site all characters are equally important. My comment could just as easily be Fancy Dan is just as important as Spider-Man to this site. Why? They're both comics. Don't put words in my mouth, if you can't understand my point please don't act like you do. I never said as popular, you just claim I said that when I clearly didn't.

Again you clearly are not getting the point. The site(overall comics, forums, wiki, everything), is for all comics and should be treated as such. The news only covers the Big 4 I mentioned. This is something you used to back your claim that anime/manga forums probably should be left to anime/manga websites. The forums and news are 2 different things. On the news I said only Big 4 are covered and thus not Western comics as a whole. And the forums cover everything from manga, small unknown comics, Marvel, DC, IDW, and Dark Horse. This site may MOSTLY cover superhero comics but it is not a superhero site, it is a comicbook site and as such should be treated like it.

As for your comment in the paragraph above last. I addressed you like I saw you and if I saw you wrongly I apologize. I saw you as someone who was upset with all the anime/manga threads cluttering up the forums blocking the "western" comics you love. If I am wrong in this assumption I am sorry, I just tried to answer your question in a clear concise way, something you seem to not be getting at this moment.

As for your last comment, I have read them, the tone(again this is the internet so I could have mistaken it and if so again I apologize), came off as angry about anime/manga forums(I've dealt with this plenty before so please understand that). All I said is, we are here on a site that is made for us western and Japanese comicbook/manga readers and we like to talk about our likes in this area like comicbook fans, not necessarily anime/manga fans. We're both. We like to look at it like both.

Anime/Manga may be treated like its separate(like you do, if you like or don't like them) but they are the same. Just like different nationalities and skin colors in humanity, I believe we should forget the titles we put on them and treat them the same no matter what. In this situation. I pick up a colored or black and white comicbook and read it. The same thing happens for both, there is no difference. This prejudice people have bugs me and I'm tired of it. I don't want to treat them as seperate, this is how prejudice keeps on living either when it comes to humanity as racism or in the case of comics, comicbook vs manga flame wars. I am a comic fan. Manga's only difference from regular comics is that it is black and white. I like to treat them both the same and I do.

Will respond later But are you serious on saying that I treat anime and manga differently, what have I said to make you think that? The answer is nothing, you are making that up just like you have been making up my stance in this conversation. I will further break down this down later, you sure love putting words into peoples mouths. Do you think it makes your argument more legitimate?

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan:

You answered for someone so I had no idea who is arguing what? That is not what people do in threads, they do not jump into conversations unless they lack sense.....

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a regular user of both sites, av has more mixture of anime characters . While CV is faster but goes only mainstream like naruto, bleach and one piece.

Anyway there are fanboys everywhere including av and CV.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan:

You answered for someone so I had no idea who is arguing what?

How is it even possible to loose track of a conversation so quickly? 0_o

That is not what people do in threads, they do not jump into conversations unless they lack sense.....

Based on that logic of yours, I did not jump into your conversation at all. and you were implying I did.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@thenaughtytitan:

You answered for someone so I had no idea who is arguing what?

How is it even possible to loose track of a conversation so quickly? 0_o

That is not what people do in threads, they do not jump into conversations unless they lack sense.....

Based on that logic of yours, I did not jump into your conversation at all. and you were implying I did.

It is possible to lose track because I thought you were the other guy the entire time. I only realized that was not the case when you said you did not say what the other guy said and then I re-read the thread.

You did jump in the conversation, what is my "logic" that somehow changes what actually happened(you jumping into the conversation)?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan:

It is possible to lose track because I thought you were the other guy the entire time. I only realized that was not the case when you said you did not say what the other guy said and then I re-read the thread.

You did jump in the conversation, what is my "logic" that somehow changes what actually happened(you jumping into the conversation)?

Ah, I see. Paying attention should clear that issue.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan:

Ah, I see. Paying attention should clear that issue.

No, letting people have a conversation without rudely jumping in the middle, would fix that issue, anyway done with this thread. Rude people and some dumb guy who keeps shoving words down my throat....