Why are Iron Man's suit weakening movie by movie?

• 110 results
Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@apex_pretador said:
@thor_parker82 said:

@apex_pretador: I agree with what you said except the following

better non-lethal weapons

Which ones ??

much better flight speed etc.

This is not true, in IM1 he broke the sound barrier whereas in CW he couldn´t save Rhodes who wasn´t even that far.

1. He cuffed Cap quickly.
  2. He catched cap/bucky so quickly. They had a HUGE lead on him. He took rhodey to hospital , researched Zemo, went to Ross, interrogated falocn and still managed to catch up to quinjet

1- True

2- None of those were on panel and the time it took Tony wasn´t mentioned nor implied, I haven´t seen any feat that surpasses IM1 in terms of flight speed.

I think the one from Iron Man 2 surpasses that one:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@whoisthebest:

He got floored for 15 seconds to 30 seconds. Do you still not understand he didn't even draw blood? Are you serious right now? Hulk > most gods because he smashed loki around? Loki laid there literally surprised at hulks strength. Do you realize Hulk could pick up thor and smash him around, and thor also wouldn't draw blood? Did you watch that scene at all? Loki was perfectly intact even after all of that smashing. He was psychologically stunned, nothing more.

15 to 30 seconds? Did you even watch the movie? After that they still kept fighting, the nuke got near, IM threw it in space, Hulk caught him, then Loki got up.

He was clearly in a lot of pain, just look at his face. Not bleeding doesn't matter much, being thrown around like that would do a lot of internal damage. The fact that he took, like, 20 minutes to get up should be enough to see that he was hurt.

I find it surprising you're STILL lying about this stuff. First of all that arc reactor is MUCH better protected than the arc reactor in civil war, by design. Secondly, 2:46 he hit right below the arc reactor, on the upper rib cage area. Slow it down to .25 and watch the video before you spread baseless lies. 0:47 I already discussed this. When you hit the arc reactor with a HAMMER or a punch it's DIFFERENT than PIERCING it DIRECTLY with a blade. When the HAMMER hits it, the ARMOR of the suit absorbs the impact in addition to the arc reactor, SOFTENING the blow. If you use the EDGE of a shield to PIERCE the arc reactor directly, you get a DIFFERENT scenario.

I'd say that being better protected is a sing of the superiority of the armor. Not putting good defences at that vital spot should tell you that it wasn't intended to be that great of an armor.

Bucky was almost ripping it off with his metal armor, btw. Right before he's hit by the unibeam.

Why don't you provide the scene where his armor "broke with a car falling on him". Please. I'm sure there's some context you're leaving out there.

Airport fight, when Wanda threw cars at him. His arm was damaged. No context, afaik.

Tearing something apart is vastly different than punching it, Cap and bucky's punches weren't doing anything to the suit but when they pulled it apart they were able to do things like tear the armor/tech apart.

He was punching the drones . . .

Loading Video...

And they were breaking like plastic toys.

How do you all think Iron man removes his armor suit? The way you talk about it you act as if it's impossible to get off. Do you REALLY think you need hulk level strength to separate his armor apart? There's a reason the armor is as flexible as it is, it's NOT a solid piece of rock. Did you see the scene where Cap knocked his helmet off in civil war, without actually breaking any of the metal of the armor?

Thor, tank shells, Iron Monger, missiles and bullets can't break the earlier armors instantly, so, it does take quite a lot to break it. Mark 46 can't take that kind of punishment.

Also, have you tried PUNCHING a piece of paper vs. stabbing a knife or a sharp disc through it? There's different types of forces occurring there. Cap's shield breaking the reactor is not PIS.

I didn't say it was PIS. I said it's because the armor is weak. And it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: I wouldn't bother with that fool "debater." He's pitifully lost.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW suit was weaker than most of the others based on feats. Period. Multiple contusions from being hit by cars shouldn't be more damaging than tank shells,Iron Monger's hits (guy tore through several feet of asphalt) high cal rounds from fighter jets. And that's just from the first movie.

And lol at Loki not being hurt by Hulk. Guess not being able to resume fighting for several minutes then struggling to get up well after the chitauri were defeated doesn't mean anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel free to make your case here.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/mcu-iron-man-civil-war-pis-or-no-1837023/#0