Whos A Bigger Threat To Life In The Universe: Goku or Superman

• 136 results
GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Whos A Bigger Threat To Life In The Universe: Goku or Superman (84 votes)

Superman 17%
Goku 83%

So after being shocked at Goku's callous disregard to Beerus warning and endangering the lives of billions it dawned on me to make this. Especially given Goku's track record in the series prior.

Whos a bigger threat to life as a protagonist in their respective universes?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: ok, you got me. On this one ocassion, Superman was just as dangerous to the Universe as Goku is whenever he lets his opponents power up for the sake of a good fight. Still less of a consistent threat though :v

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By houseshm

@quinlan58 said:

@houseshm: That's on Prime, not on Pre-Crisis Superman. They needed everyone, from Captain Marvel to Darkseid, so that the multiverse had a chance at surviving. And really, you want to bring up Superman not killing his enemies, when Goku let a known genocidal space pirate (Vegeta) escape for the sake of fighting him later and almost did the same with another (Freezer)? It's a miracle neither of them killed more people than they actually did.

Convergence making it so COIE never happened is not meaningfully different from using Dragon Balls to reverse deaths, except maybe from the fact that the DB crew thinks the chance that they might be able to bring people back if they win means they can gamble with the lives of everyone on Earth for the sake of a good fight. The results are exactly the same: the events never happened, so everyone who died back then comes back to life.

Who was more heroic during Crisis is irrelevant here.

He made the same mistake by letting ultraman join them to defeat anti monitor and then getting backstabbed in the face literally lol :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

superman hands down again :)

poor captain marvel always ignored

also goku sparing vegeta to fight him really? The only time they fought again was when vegeta went majin and wanted to fight goku which was years later, goku must be a master planner to think that far ahead, you might be on to something actually.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: ok, you got me. On this one ocassion, Superman was just as dangerous to the Universe as Goku is whenever he lets his opponents power up for the sake of a good fight. Still less of a consistent threat though :v

you mean superman was dangerous to the multiverse. Depends on what you mean by consistent but ok, its all good.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: "also goku sparing vegeta to fight him really?"

Yeah, that was his stated reason.

By the way, as you can see from the scans you yourself posted, Superman recruited Ultraman because the situation was just that desperate.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By houseshm

@quinlan58 said:

@houseshm: "also goku sparing vegeta to fight him really?"

Yeah, that was his stated reason.

By the way, as you can see from the scans you yourself posted, Superman recruited Ultraman because the situation was just that desperate.

Then why didnt goku fight him then, why did he wait years and years for vegeta to turn evil to fight him again? Goku must be a master chess player or something. Yeah I dont remember him saying that as his reason for sparing vegeta.

Yeah if you see the scans that failed and anti monitor killed ultraman so yeah that didnt even work out and he risked everyone life on that. shazam was making more sense then.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: "Then why didnt goku fight him then, why did he wait years and years for vegeta to turn evil to fight him again? Yeah I dont remember him saying that as his reason for sparing vegeta."

Then you should reread it. I literally just checked. That was his stated reason.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: "Then why didnt goku fight him then, why did he wait years and years for vegeta to turn evil to fight him again? Yeah I dont remember him saying that as his reason for sparing vegeta."

Then you should reread it. I literally just checked. That was his stated reason.

The next time Goku saw Vegeta, he was severely wounded from fighting Recoome, so Goku fought the immediate threat, the Ginyu Force, after that Goku was left in a bacta tank, and when he came out, Vegeta was near death from fighting Frieza, so again, he fought the immediate threat, the next time they see each other is 3 years afterwards and Vegeta was already mingling with the Z-fighters.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By houseshm

@quinlan58 said:

goku said it would be a waste to kill him and he was right, having vegeta around not only helped goku push himself to newer heights to face bigger threats like frieza, he saw vegeta as a new level to conquer, but krillin was wrong vegeta did turn over a new leaf just like picollo, who goku spared as well btw. Both picollo and vegeta are a essential part of the team now. Heck if krillin did kill vegeta, krillin would be dead on namek sooner as frieza would wipe out everyone before goku arrived, even gohan. Frieza would have probably killed goku then as well since he had no one to trigger him to reach super saiyan. About gohan, krillin was stupid enough to let him come to namek btw. So yeah it just shows goku was right again and again. Even in real life you need some to push yourself to new heights.

No Caption Provided

see this as well

- a wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from his friends

Loading Video...

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By kyrees

@houseshm said:
@kyrees said:

as expected again, you chose to further your own agenda again instead of countering people who argued to yours. i shouldn't expect better from you.

as expected

facts>opinion

why would I need to counter opinion lol.

Shouldnt expect anything better from you :)

your facts where you use an other version of superman where the OP intended of the protagonists points ? then you deny to use goku black ? very hypocritical.

why should everyone believe your fact and continued spamming on it then ? you already left our discussion earlier here to restart a new spam. so really i'm not expecting anything from you now given.

let me restart it again, goku put the 12 universes in danger just because he wants to fight stronger beings. hardly equal at this point to what superman does.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Quinlan58

@houseshm: Why don't you post the page inmediately after that one?

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: Why don't you post the page inmediately after that one?

here you go, its also in his blood and he knows its not smart but its a risk and it paid off :)

heck he even says if vegeta gets out of line he will kill him himself :)

you think krillin would keep goku on his toes, even after all the training goku realized he could still be killed easily and he needs someone to push him further

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

here I gave you two :)

bring back the memories man, goku always thinking ahead :)

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@houseshm said:
@kyrees said:

as expected again, you chose to further your own agenda again instead of countering people who argued to yours. i shouldn't expect better from you.

as expected

facts>opinion

why would I need to counter opinion lol.

Shouldnt expect anything better from you :)

your facts where you use an other version of superman where the OP intended of the protagonists points ? then you deny to use goku black ? very hypocritical.

why should everyone believe your fact and continued spamming on it then ? you already left our discussion earlier here to restart a new spam. so really i'm not expecting anything from you now given.

let me restart it again, goku put the 12 universes in danger just because he wants to fight stronger beings. hardly equal at this point to what superman does.

see my post above about superman giving ultraman a chance risking everyone lives and getting backstabbed :)

Goku black can be used sure still even then after reaching hard here is a scorecard

Superman- infinite universes destroyed on his watch

Goku- 1 universe destroyed (techincally just trunks timeline which isnt even his own universe but meh Ill give it to you)

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By kyrees

@houseshm said:

see my post above about superman giving ultraman a chance risking everyone lives and getting backstabbed :)

Goku black can be used sure still even then after reaching hard here is a scorecard

Goku- 1 universe destroyed (techincally just trunks timeline which isnt even his own universe but meh Ill give it to you)

giving ultraman a chance is hardly an equal to goku badgering zeno into doing the tournament with zeno choosing to destroy loosing universes since supes knew the risk and will have to live with them while goku will have the dragonball fix everything and he's still be that reckless.

the numbers game became irrelevant when one of the characters has the track record of putting unnecessary risks just to fight stronger guys and that's goku

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By houseshm

@kyrees said:
@houseshm said:

giving ultraman a chance is hardly an equal to goku badgering zeno into doing the tournament with zeno choosing to destroy loosing universes since supes knew the risk and will have to live with them while goku will have the dragonball fix everything and he's still be that reckless.

the numbers game became irrelevant when one of the characters has the track record of putting unnecessary risks just to fight stronger guy.s

So your saying that choosing ultraman to fight this guy is not risking lives at a bigger level , the same guy who destroyed infinite earths. Even captain marvel voiced these concerns

No Caption Provided

zeno destroyed 6

right

im done

this is comicvine after all

how is the number game irrelevant when thats the facts

facts>opinion

like it or not these are the facts

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm said:

So your saying that choosing ultraman to fight this guy is not risking lives at a bigger level , the same guy who destroyed infinite earths. Even captain marvel voiced these concerns

No Caption Provided

zeno destroyed 6

right

im done

there's called acceptable risks and there's unnacceptable ones. the one goku did right now has no bearing in saving the universe where as supes did so to stop someone stronger.

this is comicvine where logic rules and when there's a naive destroyer that sides no-one and casually hands out of big bangs just because he gets ticked off, all your claims on superman's side being more inherrently dangerous goes out the window.

yes, you are done. you can't accept that and only use the number game since they fit your argument neverminding the fact that one side is fighting the bad guys and the other side is just caused by inherrent power struggle.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By houseshm

@kyrees said:
@houseshm said:

No Caption Provided

zeno destroyed 6

right

im done

there's called acceptable risks and there's unnacceptable ones. the one goku did right now has no bearing in saving the universe where as supes did so to stop someone stronger.

this is comicvine where logic rules and when there's a naive destroyer that sides no-one and casually hands out of big bangs just because he gets ticked off, all your claims on superman's side being more inherrently dangerous goes out the window.

yes, you are done. you can't accept that and only use the number game since they fit your argument neverminding the fact that one side is fighting the bad guys and the other side is just caused by inherrent power struggle.

How is that acceptable risk when there are so many other people who could help him captain marvel, flash, etc...

The tournament wasnt even goku idea, it was beerus and champa and zeno actually wanted to do it so you think zeno would not eventually get bored and do it anyway? Heck, goku is the one who got zeno busy by introduced him to future zeno. He just reminded zeno of it and he said he would tell zeno to stop destroy any universes. Also the winner gets to use the super dragonballs so any damaged is revered. Goku plan is already destruction proof, not bad for a guy who doesnt have super intellect like superman. Also goku is not a hero yet even after playing the hero superman makes questionable decisions.

Superman even with super intellect makes really dumb decisions riding his superhero cape, even lex called him out for it

So yeah superman wins this by landslide, even with his super intellect and all, he is still retarded at times

Yes, this is comicvine where logic rules and your logic is severely flawed and biased, you cant throw facts out the window lmao, your opinions though goes out the window.

Yes, you cant accept that the numbers are what count in the end and superman has already way more blood on his hands then goku ever would.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goku is savage.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku, no contest.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By kyrees

@houseshm said:

he needed help in that narrative and he got all the narrative gave him. while you are it castigating superman's choices of allies, you are willfully ignoring goku's penchant of causing too much trouble for the sake of a good fight.

the tournament was already largely forgotten by present zeno and it was goku that pushed through it by going through his place and reminded him of that. the champa and beerus tournament might have aroused zeno's interest but he practically was non-committal to it till goku reminded him. it doesn't matter that goku's world is destruction proof, he needlessly puts everyone in danger and he never learns from it.

goku has been castigated now by his own son, never mind the supreme kai and beerus has done so. these are more authorative beings in dragonball and they are outright putting the responsibility on goku for doing so.

you are really trolling at this point if you think a guy that routinely has to make decisions for the greater good is more retarded than a guy who prioritizes a good fight over everything. while everyone can criticize his greater good stance, there's no acceptable response over a guy who prioritize a good fight over everything.

your supposed facts are based on ignoring the context of the character you hate and outright claim a character you love is far more better never mind that character you love was never heroic in the first place as even stated by his author.

goku has the dragonballs. if goku doesn't have those, he wouldn't be same guy you are trying to defend here. too bad plot devices are literally ignored here in comicvine.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@houseshm: Supes isn't responsible for the destruction of Infinite Universes.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me when Supes guaranteed the destruction of 11 universe.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku no contest the Guy can casually destroy galaxies with his claps.. lol

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are you guys even entertaining @houseshm??

GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. Alot of the crap hes spewing is just plain wrong.

Its a shame that people actually think Superman is responsible for COIE.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@jumpstart55: How? He doesn't endanger others for sport. Also he isn't written so stupidly overpowered that he can destroy planets with a shock wave of a punch.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I saw his post-count and assumed he wasn't actually a troll. Then he tried to deny that Goku kept Vegeta alive just to fight him later and I realized I was wrong.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I saw his post-count and assumed he wasn't actually a troll. Then he tried to deny that Goku kept Vegeta alive just to fight him later and I realized I was wrong.

He's just been trolling for a while lol

@kyrees said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

i'm freaking bored as hell nowadays.

Fair enough ha

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By destinyman75

Goku..Once the food runs out and he gets hungry the universe is going to have a very bad day..

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: Sorry about my post responded to the wrong person

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#133  Edited By jumpstart55

@guru_crack said:

@jumpstart55: How? He doesn't endanger others for sport. Also he isn't written so stupidly overpowered that he can destroy planets with a shock wave of a punch.

• You do realize my comment was a play on words thought Incorporated both Goku and Supes right?..lol
  • Also Supes by the virtue of his existence is a threat to the universe..
  • Thats why Batman always has a contingency plan against him...And of all the JL members Supes is highest on his list...Not becuase hes the most powerful per-say, an argument could be made for Flash or Martian Manhunter...But mainly becuase overall hes probably the most deadly due to his diverse powerset..Not to mention the fact that Superman is growing vastly stronger every time he sits directly under Earths yellow sun...His power keep growing, Supes has scary potential for even more godlike power and as show in many other elseowrds incrantions he grow so strong that he becomes resistant to Kryptonite and an endless supply of Solar Radiation/Solar Light Energy even under foreign non G-type Yellow Dwarf Stars ...All it takes is a mind-control ray or an evil spore and game over.
houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was right, latest episode it is revealed the king of everything had planned to eliminate universes far before Goku proposes the tournament, so, Goku just helped warning all the universes so they can get ready for possible destruction. If anything Goku is saving universe 7 by having the tournament in the first place

also that bro fist between goku and gohan on point

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By AbelHsu

Bat God stomps both.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idiot fan bases are far more harmful...