Whos A Bigger Threat To Life In The Universe: Goku or Superman

• 136 results
GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Whos A Bigger Threat To Life In The Universe: Goku or Superman (84 votes)

Superman 17%
Goku 83%

So after being shocked at Goku's callous disregard to Beerus warning and endangering the lives of billions it dawned on me to make this. Especially given Goku's track record in the series prior.

Whos a bigger threat to life as a protagonist in their respective universes?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku by far. Just by inciting the tournament he's doomed the other 11 universes...

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL. I'm surprised it took people this long to realize Goku is a huge danger to others.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RukelnikovFTW  Online

Prior to last episode i'd have said neither, now Goku is a threat. Is there an instance of supes being a threat?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By jumpstart55

The Alien with godlike powers who was sent to Earth as a baby in a spaceship.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being the Goku's got the intelligence level of a rock, I'd have to say Goku. Only way I could say Superman is if it were Injustice Superman

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#7 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

The one that's been stated to be a threat to the universe

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku stomps hard.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being the Goku's got the intelligence level of a rock, I'd have to say Goku. Only way I could say Superman is if it were Injustice Superman

Even Injustice Superman is only a danger to Earth. Goku is a danger to multiple universes because he doesn't think things through.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5
deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpnq said:

Goku by far. Just by inciting the tournament he's doomed the other 11 universes...

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lpnq said:

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#12  Edited By KrleAvenger

Ignore powers and abilities. Just look at consistent outcomes of Goku's fights and Superman's fights.

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman duh

Batman at many times is afraid of what would happen if Superman loses control. Goku can ride on the nimbus cloud because he is pure of heart...so would someone who is pure of heart be that much of a threat to life in the universe?? ask yourself this question. Also in the MK vs DC videogame and I think in another videogame and in cartoons, they show a dangerous and bad side of Superman

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup said:

Even Injustice Superman is only a danger to Earth. Goku is a danger to multiple universes because he doesn't think things through.

False, Superman with the intent to hurt is quite a dangerous character. You don't need to blow up planets and universes to be a threat to life in the universe.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup:

But I mean, Superman even in absolute bloodlust can only threaten less than a single percent of a single percent of a single perfect of life in a single galaxy at a time. Even if he flew through the cosmos punching every planet he saw into dust it would take him thousands of years to clear out a galaxy, and there are billions of galaxies in a single universe.

Goku, in one single move of sheer stupidity, just doomed eleven universes to being erased from existence.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Goku. The guys could be beerus if he wantes to

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

One irreverently lead to earth being destroyed because he wanted his 7 year old son and his 8 year friend to fight a magic ball of gum and hell, the other didn't. Whenever the question is on incompetency, no fan calcs are required, Goku will always win.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku. It's so stupid that he can cause the distruction of everything simply by challange the wrong people to do it!

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku. It's so stupid that he can cause the distruction of everything simply by challange the wrong people to do it!

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'couse stupidity

One of my best friend is one of the goodest person on the planet, and he would never harm someone on purpose. But in near twenty years that I know him, he had created an incredible ammount of damage and problem to others, only by trying to do good thing but absolutly failing due stupidity!

Goku is pure of earth, but have the brain of a rock! While Superman must become evil or go in rage to become a danger, Goku may cause the destruction of a planet simply challanging the wrong enemy, or making other absurde mistake, while remaining pure of earth.

As strange as it may seem, Homer Simpson with a Nuclear Missile button is far more dangerus than a rational and logical criminal with it...

...so would someone who is pure of heart be that much of a threat to life in the universe??

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Injustice Superman is only a danger to Earth.

Injustice Superman doesn't want to destroy Earth tho.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman duh

Batman at many times is afraid of what would happen if Superman loses control. Goku can ride on the nimbus cloud because he is pure of heart...so would someone who is pure of heart be that much of a threat to life in the universe?? ask yourself this question. Also in the MK vs DC videogame and I think in another videogame and in cartoons, they show a dangerous and bad side of Superman

Despite his good intentions Goku naive and dumb nature makes him more dangerous as shown in the recent episode of super.

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku, his carefree nature leads to the death of planets and harm to the people closest to him.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup:

But I mean, Superman even in absolute bloodlust can only threaten less than a single percent of a single percent of a single perfect of life in a single galaxy at a time. Even if he flew through the cosmos punching every planet he saw into dust it would take him thousands of years to clear out a galaxy, and there are billions of galaxies in a single universe.

Goku, in one single move of sheer stupidity, just doomed eleven universes to being erased from existence.

Goku does things out of stupidity, Superman on the other hand is quite intelligent. Destroying planets and galaxies doesn't make one a threat to the galaxy, or have you never heard of Darkseid? He goes around conquering planets and enslaving, or killing, its people. There's more than one way to be a threat to life and Injustice Superman would fit that category

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, here's the fact that in DC universe there's simply a bigger power density in the universe, meaning that there are much more powerful people scattered around the bigger portion of the universe, while in Dragon Ball there's just main cast that is situated on Earth. Point is, if Superman for some reason gets irrational and starts doing stupid shit, there's always gonna be people able to stop him no matter where he is. With Goku that's not the case, the only people that can stop him (from his universe) are Beerus and Whis.

In less abstract examples, Goku was putting people and planets in danger, like, all the time. He could have finished Frieza early and not prolong the fight, yet he did. He could have prevented all the Android and Cell crap before it even began, yet he didn't. He could have not given a senzu to cell. And of course, he could have listened to Beerus and not unknowingly doom UNIVESRSES to doom. I'm pretty sure that even when Superman is mind-controlled or something like that, he doesn't display so much danger to his universe.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup:

I am pretty sure Superman hasn't conquered other worlds in Injustice yet, or has he? Even if he has he's still extremely limited in scope. It would take centuries to conquer a galaxy even with an army of thousands of faster than light ships with unbeatable armies.

Goku has doomed the Earth multiple times because of his stupidity already, and just now he's doomed eleven universes to destruction.

A single universe has an estimated one hundred BILLION galaxies. Our galaxy alone is estimated to have 40 billion habitable planets. Let's assume only 1% of that has intelligent life. That is 400 million planets with intelligent life. Assuming each planet has half of Earth's population that is 1.2E+18 people. That is 1,200,000,000,000,000,000 lives wiped away in an instant, if I did the decimal thing right. And this is from a SINGLE universe! Goku is about to cause the destruction of ELEVEN.

Superman could go on killing and enslaving for millions of years and not reach the numbers Goku has reached with this single bad decision. Mathematically Goku is the bigger threat.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku, by about 11 universes or so.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ManMadeOfKetchup

@manmadeofketchup:

I am pretty sure Superman hasn't conquered other worlds in Injustice yet, or has he? Even if he has he's still extremely limited in scope. It would take centuries to conquer a galaxy even with an army of thousands of faster than light ships with unbeatable armies.

Goku has doomed the Earth multiple times because of his stupidity already, and just now he's doomed eleven universes to destruction.

A single universe has an estimated one hundred BILLION galaxies. Our galaxy alone is estimated to have 40 billion habitable planets. Let's assume only 1% of that has intelligent life. That is 400 million planets with intelligent life. Assuming each planet has half of Earth's population that is 1.2E+18 people. That is 1,200,000,000,000,000,000 lives wiped away in an instant, if I did the decimal thing right. And this is from a SINGLE universe! Goku is about to cause the destruction of ELEVEN.

Superman could go on killing and enslaving for millions of years and not reach the numbers Goku has reached with this single bad decision. Mathematically Goku is the bigger threat.

I don't recall the OP saying there was any time limit on how long it takes them to be a threat. If Superman became Superman Prime One Million with Injustice Superman's attitude, he'd do far more damage than Goku ever could. Doing something faster doesn't always make it better. As I said, being a threat isn't just killing people or blowing stuff up. I don't know why you're arguing with me anyways, I already stated that Goku is probably the more destructive one in my initial post..I merely said the only way Superman could ever go on such a course is if he were his Injustice counterpart.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kyrees

@arranvidreturns said:

Superman duh

purity of heart is not going to cover up goku's penchant of putting everyone in danger. at least with superman's case, he's aware of his action and gets to live with it but with goku, he shrugs off his choices like they don't matter.

you want to disagree with that ? fine but as of now, goku is putting his multiverse in more danger by involving zeno, an even more naive and stronger being than goku, than superman ever going rouge on earth.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toriyama outright stated that Goku is no "righteous hero" and he doesn't do things for the sake of others, only because he wants to fight strong guys. He derided the anime's interpretation of his character, making him more heroic, and the FUNimation dub rewrote the character wholesale into an outright Superman ripoff. But if you read the manga, the original character barely even qualifies as a superhero.

That's what makes Goku such a complex character. Despite his simple nature, his actions and desires actually create a lot of dichotomy.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku lost the ability to ride the nimbus after threatening to kill the supreme kai. Just throwing it out there. ( Imagine if goku really did do this, RIP beerus.)

Loading Video...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Are the English subtitles altered in the same way as the dub? I don't want to end up watching hundreds of episodes to learn that I would have been better off just buying the manga to get the authentic story. I was reading it simultaneously with watching it, but the two were so similar to each other, I figured I was wasting my money on the manga, and now I just watch the shows.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Are the English subtitles altered in the same way as the dub? I don't want to end up watching hundreds of episodes to learn that I would have been better off just buying the manga to get the authentic story. I was reading it simultaneously with watching it, but the two were so similar to each other, I figured I was wasting my money on the manga, and now I just watch the shows.

subtitles for most parts are almost always the same with original story with english sub being the most correct almost all the time.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nickzambuto

@tparks said:

@nickzambuto: Are the English subtitles altered in the same way as the dub? I don't want to end up watching hundreds of episodes to learn that I would have been better off just buying the manga to get the authentic story. I was reading it simultaneously with watching it, but the two were so similar to each other, I figured I was wasting my money on the manga, and now I just watch the shows.

Well of course it depends on who exactly you have translating for you. To my knowledge, the Steve Simmons translations, which is what FUNimation has on their DVDs and Blu-rays, are as accurate as you can possibly get without being fluent in Japanese and watching it raw.

Of course, this only brings up the other issue with Dragon Ball in that there's half a dozen different home media releases, and not a single one of them is acceptable. I just hope you're not watching with the Orange Bricks, because you're literally going to miss 30% of the screen from image cropping. It's an utter disaster.

As far as fansubs go, I'm not an expert on this subject but kissanime is the only website I really trust. But again, it depends on which group is translating. Dragon Team is often regarded as the best.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku technically. In super his naivety is even worse (I think Toriyama is just being a dick).

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: @kyrees: Thanks. I'm such a noob.

I watch the English subtitles on funimation. So far, it's been pretty much right in line with the manga, up until I stopped reading the manga sometime after Tien is introduced in the middle of whatever tournament # that was (42nd?).

So I think I'm on the right track. But there are still hundreds of episodes, so I don't really want to stray from the source material later in the series without me even knowing it.

I absolutely love the characterization of Goku. He's become one of my all time favorite characters in fiction, and I would hate to eventually run into a completely different portrayal of his character based on translation re-writes.

vptwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku, reason being is while Superman is a lot tougher than Goku physically, Superman has no where near the same area of affect in terms of area of affect damage. Superman's best weapon for destroying things are his fists, Goku can make Ki bombs as well as other techniques, he could easily blow up far more planets than Superman could. Assuming Goku at this point in time is a lot tougher than Broly who apparently destroyed a galaxy, Goku could at maximum power possibly destroy a small cluster of Galaxys, thought he'd probably kill himself in the process.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#42 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@lpnq: Was it really stated that he could no longer ride the flying nimbus?

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@nickzambuto: @kyrees: Thanks. I'm such a noob.

I watch the English subtitles on funimation. So far, it's been pretty much right in line with the manga, up until I stopped reading the manga sometime after Tien is introduced in the middle of whatever tournament # that was (42nd?).

So I think I'm on the right track. But there are still hundreds of episodes, so I don't really want to stray from the source material later in the series without me even knowing it.

I absolutely love the characterization of Goku. He's become one of my all time favorite characters in fiction, and I would hate to eventually run into a completely different portrayal of his character based on translation re-writes.

Oh you're watching online? That should avoid the cropping and other problems that plague the home releases. I'm glad. Sounds to me like you're watching the best possible way.

It's great to see that you're suddenly such a big Dragon Ball fan. It really is an amazing story.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Toriyama outright stated that Goku is no "righteous hero" and he doesn't do things for the sake of others, only because he wants to fight strong guys. He derided the anime's interpretation of his character, making him more heroic, and the FUNimation dub rewrote the character wholesale into an outright Superman ripoff. But if you read the manga, the original character barely even qualifies as a superhero.

That's what makes Goku such a complex character. Despite his simple nature, his actions and desires actually create a lot of dichotomy.

Loading Video...

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Go ahead and laugh. I am not bothered by the thoughts of dub peasants whose only exposure to the series was watching the FUNimation version on Toonami when they were 10.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Go ahead and laugh. I am not bothered by the thoughts of dub peasants whose only exposure to the series was watching the FUNimation version on Toonami when they were 10.

Are you against DB or really hardcore DB hipster???

I started watching DB when i was 6. Keep in mind i was born in 99 so i was watching repeats on cartoon network.. I managed to finish the whole series when i was 13~ when i found out there were sites that had the episodes on hand.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nickzambuto

@lpnq said:
@nickzambuto said:

Are you against DB or really hardcore DB hipster???

I started watching DB when i was 6. Keep in mind i was born in 99 so i was watching repeats on cartoon network.. I managed to finish the whole series when i was 13~ when i found out there were sites that had the episodes on hand.

If it's the dub then you wasted your time. FUNimation completely rewrote the scripts and characters resemble their original selves only in the most general of ways.

Akira Toriyama's original story, and Toei's anime adaption of it, are miles greater than that cliche saturday morning superhero junk from Toonami.

But don't take my word for it. Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel outright said they are embarrassed of the original dub and that's why they appreciate Kai for giving them a chance at redemption. Kai is much more faithful... but then you miss out on the first half of the story since Kai only begins when Raditz shows up.

So overall you're better off either reading the manga, or watching the anime with Japanese subtitles.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@nickzambuto: I've been watching the Japanese dub of Super for a while now so I'm perfectly aware of what Goku's character is meant to be compared with the FUNimation dub. I don't need to be lectured by a hipster who constantly tries to defend so called 'under-represented' franchises. Goku is self centred, naive, unbelievably foolish and has remained one of the most stagnant anime characters in forever. You can argue there are complex characters in Dragon Ball like Vegeta or Beerus, but Goku is not a complex character at all. A dozen other universes are gonna be erased because Goku reminded the Omni-King about the universal tournament.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nickzambuto

@lvenger said:

@nickzambuto: I've been watching the Japanese dub of Super for a while now so I'm perfectly aware of what Goku's character is meant to be compared with the FUNimation dub. I don't need to be lectured by a hipster who constantly tries to defend so called 'under-represented' franchises. Goku is self centred, naive, unbelievably foolish and has remained one of the most stagnant anime characters in forever. You can argue there are complex characters in Dragon Ball like Vegeta or Beerus, but Goku is not a complex character at all. A dozen other universes are gonna be erased because Goku reminded the Omni-King about the universal tournament.

1. There is no Japanese dub of Dragon Ball.
  2. You're not an expert on the character because you watched 70 out of 570 episodes.
  3. Super is mostly Toei and isn't representative of Toriyama's original story anyway.
  4. Goku received more development and changed more than any other character in Dragon Ball. We literally see him go from a 12 year old boy living alone in the mountains, to a legendary grandmaster and father, then eventually grandfather.