Who will "YOU" miss more? Goku or Superman.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Superman is irreplaceable in comics. Goku is barely relevant to anime.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Superman is irreplaceable in comics. Goku is barely relevant to anime.
LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I never heard of this game? Proof it isn't relevant

And I don't see anymore Dragon Ball in Shonen Jump either. It may still have a legacy sure...but is it relevant? No.

And I happen to be a big fan of DBZ but I won't lie and say it's relevance

People confusing relevance with good. You can be good but not relevant.

Riiiiight... because what is and isn't relevant is based on whether or not you know about it.

Dragon Ball SD is in Shonen Jump. And yes, it still is relevent because the current series were heavily influenced by it.

No your not.

Your last line contradicts your third line. So your a fan of it, but it's not good. Your mixing up left and right.

Relevance does have to with whether you know about. Nas is probably one of the Greatest Rappers of All Time, Still one of the best, and I'm a big fan, but is he relevant in today's hip hop, game? No

Current series were influenced by it? That's all opinion and when anyone is reading the series they don't go and say "it was influenced by this"

Now you're telling me what I'm a fan of. Wow

I never said it wasn't good..I said it "WAS GOOD but not relevant" And you can be a fan of something that isn't good. Waka Flocka is probably one of the worst rappers in the game but I'm a fan of him.

Someone's butthurt.

There you go contradicting yourself again. You already said that the latest DB video game weren't relevant because you never heard about it. And again, DB is relevent.

It's all opinion? Seriously?

1. ^ Kishimoto, Masashi (2007). Uzumaki: the Art of Naruto. Viz Media. pp. 138–139. ISBN1-4215-1407-9.

Kishimoto stating that Naruto was based on Goku.

1. ^Oda, Eiichiro (19). "Interview with Eiichiro Oda and Akira Toriyama" (in Japanese). One Piece Color Walk. One Piece. 1. Shueisha. p. 105.ISBN978-4-08-859217-6.

Oda stating that Luffy was based on Goku.

I could get more, but I'm not about to waste my time. Those were just the easiest ones to find.

And yes... when people think of manga they think of Goku.

No. I'm telling you that you said that you're a fan of something that you think isn't good. You're mixing up left and right.

Yeah. You really are butthurt. That's good. The first step is admitting that you have a problem.:)

On another note, up until recently Dragon Ball was still the best selling manga. That was almost 20 years after it ended. It was only recently surpassed by One Piece. And One Piece has almost 20 more volumes than DB. And DB sold when manga wasn't even popular outside of Japan.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

And I don't see anymore Dragon Ball in Shonen Jump either. It may still have a legacy sure...but is it relevant? No.

Riiiiight... because what is and isn't relevant is based on whether or not you know about it.

Dragon Ball SD is in Shonen Jump. And yes, it still is relevent because the current series were heavily influenced by it.

No your not.

Your last line contradicts your third line. So your a fan of it, but it's not good. Your mixing up left and right.

Relevance does have to with whether you know about. Nas is probably one of the Greatest Rappers of All Time, Still one of the best, and I'm a big fan, but is he relevant in today's hip hop, game? No

Current series were influenced by it? That's all opinion and when anyone is reading the series they don't go and say "it was influenced by this"

I never said it wasn't good..I said it "WAS GOOD but not relevant" And you can be a fan of something that isn't good. Waka Flocka is probably one of the worst rappers in the game but I'm a fan of him.

Someone's butthurt.

There you go contradicting yourself again. You already said that the latest DB video game weren't relevant because you never heard about it. And again, DB is relevent.

1. ^ Kishimoto, Masashi (2007). Uzumaki: the Art of Naruto. Viz Media. pp. 138–139. ISBN1-4215-1407-9.

1. ^Oda, Eiichiro (19). "Interview with Eiichiro Oda and Akira Toriyama" (in Japanese). One Piece Color Walk. One Piece. 1. Shueisha. p. 105.ISBN978-4-08-859217-6.

I could get more, but I'm not about to waste my time. Those were just the easiest ones to find.

No. I'm telling you that you said that you're a fan of something that you think isn't good. You're mixing up left and right.

Yeah. You really are butthurt. That's good. The first step is admitting that you have a problem.:)

On another note, up until recently Dragon Ball was still the best selling manga. That was almost 20 years after it ended. It was only recently surpassed by One Piece. And One Piece has almost 20 more volumes than DB. And DB sold when manga wasn't even popular outside of Japan.

Considering the last game Budakai Tenkaichi 3 no one probably heard this game.

When people think of manga they think Naruto. You can say all you want by Goku influencing these guys, Doesn't mean he's relevant and that when people read these guys comics they think Goku.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#155  Edited By BurningDoom1

@Jnr6Lil said:

@_Heart_ said:

Goku. I don't like Superman, although I know that without him lots of comics wouldn't have existed in first place.

Alot of people say the same about Goku in anime

Dragon Ball was released in the 80s, and manga and anime have been around for a whole lot longer than that. On the other hand, most comic books before Superman were either "funnies" or newspaper comic strips collected into a comic book. Superman single handedly created the super-hero comic book genre. HUGE difference there. Dragon Ball did have a large part in popularizing anime in the U.S., though, but even that could be argued with the popularity of Akira and Ronin Warriors in the U.S. before Dragon Ball.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@BurningDoom1: That's true

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By CODYSF

@_Heart_

LOL just looking at you avatar shows me why your going to pick Goku over Superman

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By Nudeviking

@BurningDoom1 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@_Heart_ said:

Goku. I don't like Superman, although I know that without him lots of comics wouldn't have existed in first place.

Dragon Ball was released in the 80s, and manga and anime have been around for a whole lot longer than that. On the other hand, most comic books before Superman were either "funnies" or newspaper comic strips collected into a comic book. Superman single handedly created the super-hero comic book genre. HUGE difference there. Dragon Ball did have a large part in popularizing anime in the U.S., though, but even that could be argued with the popularity of Akira and Ronin Warriors in the U.S. before Dragon Ball.

You left out a ton of anime shows from the 70s and 80s that were popular in the US (Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets, Voltron, Robotech) not to mention Sailor Moon. I think Dragon Ball's influence on the popularization of anime in America has been exaggerated, and Pokemon probably has a bigger impact on bringing it into the mainstream than any of these shows. :D

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Nudeviking said:

@BurningDoom1 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@_Heart_ said:

You left out a ton of anime shows from the 70s and 80s that were popular in the US (Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets, Voltron, Robotech) not to mention Sailor Moon. I think Dragon Ball's influence on the popularization of anime in America has been exaggerated, and Pokemon probably has a bigger impact on bringing it into the mainstream than any of these shows. :D

Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh all made bigger impacts than those shows and DBZ

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

No your not.

Someone's butthurt.

When people think of manga they think Naruto. You can say all you want by Goku influencing these guys, Doesn't mean he's relevant and that when people read these guys comics they think Goku.

I've heard of it. Therefore, people have heard of it.

Well thank you for speaking for the human race.

Listen. I took a class once where we were reading articles about a kid in the Congo. In the article it mentioned some of his interests. He said that he liked Soccer and Dragon Ball. Not Naruto.

Pokemon probably made a bigger impact outside of Asia then DBZ. It hasn't been more influential though. But it's probably more popular. But, Yu-Gi-Oh? Can you explain that one?

Dragon Ball's influence on anime and manga hasn't been exaggerated. Later creators have actually said that DB was very influential on their works. As I've proven with my references.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

No your not.

Someone's butthurt.

Listen. I took a class once where we were reading articles about a kid in the Congo. In the article it mentioned some of his interests. He said that he liked Soccer and Dragon Ball. Not Naruto.

Pokemon probably made a bigger impact outside of Asia then DBZ. It hasn't been more influential though. But it's probably more popular. But, Yu-Gi-Oh? Can you explain that one?

Dragon Ball's influence on anime and manga hasn't been exaggerated. Later creators have actually said that DB was very influential on their works. As I've proven with my references.

Okay one person big whoop

Exactly one kid in a 3rd world country. In Japan and America for the most part, Naruto has surpassed Dragon Ball

We're not talking about influential, We're talking about relevance, which it surpasses DBZ in. And so does Yu-Gi-Oh. For about a decade, Yu-Gi-Oh has been one of the premier anime in the US.

It's influential sure but when people read those stories they're not thinking about Dragon Ball or even recognizing their influence therefore making it not relevant.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

No your not.

Someone's butthurt.

Exactly one kid in a 3rd world country. In Japan and America for the most part, Naruto has surpassed Dragon Ball

We're not talking about influential, We're talking about relevance, which it surpasses DBZ in. And so does Yu-Gi-Oh. For about a decade, Yu-Gi-Oh has been one of the premier anime in the US.

It's influential sure but when people read those stories they're not thinking about Dragon Ball or even recognizing their influence therefore making it not relevant.

1) No. Not one person. I'm just on of the many people.

2) Exactly one? I'm giving examples here. You're not. And where do you get your facts anyways? The only manga that's outsold Dragon Ball at a global level and in Japan only is One Piece, and it needed over 10 more volumes to do it at a time when manga's more popular. Not Naruto.

3) Actually, we are talking about influence because it's influence makes it relevant. That's besides the fact that they have Dragon Ball Kai, Dragon Ball SD, and a lot of other Dragon Ball merchandise going strong still. And re-runs in some countries.

4) Who are these people? Do you know everyone in the world? Why are you speaking for everyone. I know a lot of people who think of Dragon Ball when they see these mangas. That's why stuff like Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach are frequently compared to Dragon Ball by fans and creators like in Cross Epoch and Battle Stadium D.O.N..

5) Goku has become a Japanese Cultural Icon. There aren't many anime characters that have reached that level yet.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

No your not.

Someone's butthurt.

2) Exactly one? I'm giving examples here. You're not. And where do you get your facts anyways? The only manga that's outsold Dragon Ball at a global level and in Japan only is One Piece, and it needed over 10 more volumes to do it at a time when manga's more popular. Not Naruto.

3) Actually, we are talking about influence because it's influence makes it relevant. That's besides the fact that they have Dragon Ball Kai, Dragon Ball SD, and a lot of other Dragon Ball merchandise going strong still. And re-runs in some countries.

4) Who are these people? Do you know everyone in the world? Why are you speaking for everyone. I know a lot of people who think of Dragon Ball when they see these mangas. That's why stuff like Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach are frequently compared to Dragon Ball by fans and creators like in Cross Epoch and Battle Stadium D.O.N..

5) Goku has become a Japanese Cultural Icon. There aren't many anime characters that have reached that level yet.

1) What many people, I think its just you and other minors

2) Okay but U.S wise it's being surpassed

3) Influence doesn't necessarily make it relevant. Billy Graham influenced Hulk Hogan but that doesn't make him relevant in todays relevant. Hell most of Hulk Hogan's current gimmick influence Cena but Cena is way more relevant than Hogan currently. DBZ Kai ended.

4) Sorry but most people don't think of other mangas when reading Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach, and considering most people who are fans of these arent diehards, definitely they dont

5) U.S wise no? Anime was still going before Goku, and its going on after

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

No your not.

Someone's butthurt.

1) What many people, I think its just you and other minors

2) Okay but U.S wise it's being surpassed

3) Influence doesn't necessarily make it relevant. Billy Graham influencur ared Hulk Hogan but that doesn't make him relevant in todays relevant. Hell most of Hulk Hogan's current gimmick influence Cena but Cena is way more relevant than Hogan currently. DBZ Kai ended.

4) Sorry but most people don't think of other mangas when reading Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach, and considering most people who are fans of these arent diehards, definitely they dont

5) U.S wise no? Anime was still going before Goku, and its going on after

1) The key word here is 'think'. That's your opinion. I have facts.

2) I wouldn't know about that, since I'm not in America. But from what I've read, Dragon Ball Kai was one of the most watched kids shows so maybe not... Besides, that's Americentrism.

3) Actually it does. Besides that they' still show re-runs of the original show, and they show Dragon Ball Kai. It also has a manga published by Jump called Dragon Ball SD, video games, and lots of other merchandise. So... yeah. It's still relevant.

And let me remind you that this is the definition of relevant.

bearinguponorconnectedwiththematterinhand;pertinent:arelevantremark.

4) All of your arguements fail becaxuse they're not based in facts. I've met many people who have thought of Dragon Ball when they read manga or watch anime. And like I said, Dragon Ball has still outsold every manga except for One Piece. And One Piece needed like... 12 more volumes to beat Dragon Ball sales numbers. And this is at a time when manga and anime is popular outside of Japan.

5) Facepalm. I said that Goku is a Japanese cultural icon. And he is. Godzilla is a Japanese cultural icon. Astro-Boy is too. These are cultural icons. Naruto, Luffy, Ichigo and the rest? They haven't reached that level yet. Pikachu might have. But not those guys.

And again, you go back to the U.S.. What does the U.S. have to do with this? Not much. It's not the center of the world. That's Americentrism.

Anime was going before Goku, and it's going after him too. The only difference is the anime that come after are influenced by it. Or at least, most of them are.

What your saying is like someone saying that the Wonder Woman isn't relevant anymore because she's barely seen in mainstream media (T.V. and cinema) anymore. They're both ridiculous. Just like Wonder Woman, Goku has become iconic of that form of media (Anime and Manga/Comic Books). He's a cultural icon in Japan. If you don't like him, that's fine. But to say that Goku and Dragon Ball aren't relevant is ridiculous. Bleach wouldn't have even been published if it wasn't for Akira Toriyama putting in a good word for Kubo Tite.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei: 1) No think

2) Only because it's on Nicktoons

3) Most of this is happening in Japan not Amerix

4) They don't think of DBZ when they're reading Bleach or Naruto. And outsold, where? In Japan? We're talking U.S.

5) Again, talking U.S.

I go to U.S because that's where we're talking about in relevance. Japan doesn't count because that's Goku's location of creation.

And no that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying Goku isn't relevant anymore because his relevance has been surpassed. And he may be an icon in anime/manga but cultural icon? Don't get ahead of yourself

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By pea55

Me: Grandma who is Superman?

Grandma: CLARK KENT!

Me: Grandma who is Goku?

Grandma: Sounds like it should be the name of some Native American warrior out of an American History book

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

4) They don't think of DBZ when they're reading Bleach or Naruto. And outsold, where? In Japan? We're talking U.S.

5) Again, talking U.S.

I go to U.S because that's where we're talking about in relevance. Japan doesn't count because that's Goku's location of creation.

And no that's not what I'm saying, I'm saying Goku isn't relevant anymore because his relevance has been surpassed. And he may be an icon in anime/manga but cultural icon? Don't get ahead of yourself

1) It's your opinion. I have facts.

2) It's one of the most watched kids shows where I live too (Canada).

3) The video games are realeased globally. The merchandise is sold around the world. Kai is shown all over the world. Re-runs are showed in many different countries in the World. And Dragon Ball SD is in Shonen Jump, so no... it's not only happening in Japan.

4) How do you know that? Do you know everyone who watches these shows? As I've already said, I know many people who think of DB when they watch those shows or read the manga.

And DB's outsold everything globally except for One Piece (which need over 10 more volumes to beat it).

And no... we weren't talking about the U.S.. Not everything is about the U.S.. We were talking about what's more relevant.

5) Okay. well in the U.S. DBZ Kai is still one of the most watched shows so whats your point... it's still relevant.

And let's not just talk about the U.S..

Relevance isn't only based on the U.S.. But you're saying that Goku isn't relevant beause his 'relevance' (you're misusing the word) has been surpassed (Debatable)? Batman's more relevant than Superman by this point. Are you saying that Superman isn't relevant any more?

Like I said. He's a cultural icon in Japan.

A cultural icon can be a symbol, logo, picture, name, face, person, building or other image that is readily recognized and generally represents an object or concept with great cultural significance to a wide cultural group.

He is the Superman of Japan.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#168  Edited By BurningDoom1

@LeeSensei said:

But Superman is also in Japan, so how does that work? Superman is a worlwide cultural icon, even in Japan. But yes, Goku is huge in Japan. I just don't think you can say he's the Superman of Japan, considering.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#169  Edited By The_Martian

I've been done with Goku since the show ended here in America. Guess I'll miss Superman more.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#170  Edited By Lvenger

Definitely Superman. No question about that. He is the archetype for superheroes and the measure by which all others are compared to. I'd definitely miss him more than Goku.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

5) Again, talking U.S.

1) It's your opinion. I have facts.

2) It's one of the most watched kids shows where I live too (Canada).

3) The video games are realeased globally. The merchandise is sold around the world. Kai is shown all over the world. Re-runs are showed in many different countries in the World. And Dragon Ball SD is in Shonen Jump, so no... it's not only happening in Japan.

4) How do you know that? Do you know everyone who watches these shows? As I've already said, I know many people who think of DB when they watch those shows or read the manga.

And DB's outsold everything globally except for One Piece (which need over 10 more volumes to beat it).

And no... we weren't talking about the U.S.. Not everything is about the U.S.. We were talking about what's more relevant.

5) Okay. well in the U.S. DBZ Kai is still one of the most watched shows so whats your point... it's still relevant.

And let's not just talk about the U.S..

Relevance isn't only based on the U.S.. But you're saying that Goku isn't relevant beause his 'relevance' (you're misusing the word) has been surpassed (Debatable)? Batman's more relevant than Superman by this point. Are you saying that Superman isn't relevant any more?

Like I said. He's a cultural icon in Japan.

A cultural icon can be a symbol, logo, picture, name, face, person, building or other image that is readily recognized and generally represents an object or concept with great cultural significance to a wide cultural group.

1) Or yours

2) Again not U.S

3) Barely see the video games in the U.S

4) No, because most people when reading Naruto think of Naruto. Especially considering when a good majroity of manga/anime fans are little kids

Relevance yes, we're talking U.S.

5) Because of Nicktoons.

And no I wouldn't say Superman has been surpassed by Batman, Superman is still an icon, and a household name

Avatar image for supremegreen798
Supremegreen798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Supremegreen798

@Jnr6Lil: Same purpose,different personality.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Supremegreen798: Same personality

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Superman Is Immortal To Comics and is still going on........Goku died twice and was molested by Akira Toriyama's son in GT.....then the series ended....

Superman's 80 year life span vs Goku's 20 (add 10 if you count re-runs, DBZ Kai is a re-run). I think I'll take tights and boy scout traditions over squatting, screaming (constipation) and dying every other episode.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Thee_Champion

Probably Superman. And I think the majority of the world would miss Superman more. I've been to South Africa and Mozambique and both are pretty well known, especially Superman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I still don't know how this is going on, Superman is the clear winner, he's a GLOBAL icon, he's know on every continent, in hundreds of countries around the world, Goku is know in Japan, and America, that's about it. Superman has been a successful franchise for over 80 years, Goku, maybe 25. Superman has reinvented himself time and time again, conforming with the ages, Goku pretty much ended after GT wrapped up (not counting reruns) Superman would be missed way more than Goku.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By LeeSensei

@BurningDoom1 said:

@LeeSensei said:

But Superman is also in Japan, so how does that work? Superman is a worlwide cultural icon, even in Japan. But yes, Goku is huge in Japan. I just don't think you can say he's the Superman of Japan, considering.

Because in Japan Goku is bigger than Superman. Superman is an American icon. He's known around the world, but he's special to Americans. Goku is special to the people of Japan. That's what I'm saying. Goku is also known around the world. Not nearly on Superman's level, but he is. He's also well known in the Orient, which has about half of the Worlds population.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By EuanDewar

Swag

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil: 1) No. I have facts. I've provided references. You've provided you're opinion.

2) Again, that's an Americentric view. And besides that, I know many Americans who know Goku. So let's say that in some other random country, Superman is very impossible. Let's say in Egypt... does that mean he's not relevent?

3) Really? Because I see them almost every time I visit the U.S. and pass through the video games sections at stores. That's also besides the fact that it's on T.V.. Not only that, but I provided a page of Pop Culture references... most of them being American references. And again, that's an Americentric view.

4) The audience for anime/manga are mostly teens and young adults and you've yet to provide anything except for you're opinion.

5) No. We're not specifically talking about the U.S., and even if we were... DBZ Kai is one of the most watched kids shows.

6) Prove it. And even if it was because of the channel it was on, it would still be relevant.

7) Yes. Batman has surpassed Superman. He is also a household name and dominates him as far as merchandising and media goes.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil: 1) No. I have facts. I've provided references. You've provided you're opinion.

2) Again, that's an Americentric view. And besides that, I know many Americans who know Goku. So let's say that in some other random country, Superman is very impossible. Let's say in Egypt... does that mean he's not relevent?

3) Really? Because I see them almost every time I visit the U.S. and pass through the video games sections at stores. That's also besides the fact that it's on T.V.. Not only that, but I provided a page of Pop Culture references... most of them being American references. And again, that's an Americentric view.

4) The audience for anime/manga are mostly teens and young adults and you've yet to provide anything except for you're opinion.

5) No. We're not specifically talking about the U.S., and even if we were... DBZ Kai is one of the most watched kids shows.

6) Prove it. And even if it was because of the channel it was on, it would still be relevant.

7) Yes. Batman has surpassed Superman. He is also a household name and dominates him as far as merchandising and media goes.

1) Provided facts also

2) No, we were talking about U.S and sure they know him. Doesn't mean he's relevant., And didn't understand your last part

3) Again we were talking about U.S. And those games are probably old by years.

4) Audience has changed from that. Kids are now getting into anime/manga mor ethan the older ones.

5) Again we're talking U.S and because of Nicktoons.

6) Channels matter, You can have the best show but if your network isn't popular your show isn't. You can have a bad show but if it is on a good network people may watch it.

7) No, Superman still on top.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil: @Jnr6Lil: 1) No you didn't.

2) No we weren't.

3) No we weren't. And no they aren't. In fact, I'm going to the U.S. this week. I'll be sure to check the video game section at Wal Mart or whatever other store when I'm there. In fact, I'll probably see DBZ complete seasons in the movie section.

4) Except Dragon Ball Kai is recent and still going on. Speaking of Canada, where I am... I can't even watch Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach on T.V.. Anymore. DBZ Kai and Yu-Gi-Oh are still showing though. And still, most fans are people in their late teens and young adults.

5) No we aren't just talking about the U.S.. And prove that it's just because it's on Nicktoons. Because where I am, it's still one of the most successful shows and it's not on Nicktoons.

6) So Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach were only successful because they were on popular networks? Thanks for proving that. Provide links and references or concede.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

2) No we weren't.

3) No we weren't. And no they aren't. In fact, I'm going to the U.S. this week. I'll be sure to check the video game section at Wal Mart or whatever other store when I'm there. In fact, I'll probably see DBZ complete seasons in the movie section.

4) Except Dragon Ball Kai is recent and still going on. Speaking of Canada, where I am... I can't even watch Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach on T.V.. Anymore. DBZ Kai and Yu-Gi-Oh are still showing though. And still, most fans are people in their late teens and young adults.

5) No we aren't just talking about the U.S.. And prove that it's just because it's on Nicktoons. Because where I am, it's still one of the most successful shows and it's not on Nicktoons.

6) So Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach were only successful because they were on popular networks? Thanks for proving that. Provide links and references or concede.

1) Yes I did

2) Yes we were

3) Yes those games are old. Last Budakai Tenkaichi game that came out,came at least before the new decade. And that doesn't mean people buy the DBZ complete seasons.

4) DBZ Kai ended. Most fans are kids

5) We're talking U.S. and and Nicktoons does help.

6) Yes.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

2) No we weren't.

1) Yes I did

2) Yes we were

3) Yes those games are old. Last Budakai Tenkaichi game that came out,came at least before the new decade. And that doesn't mean people buy the DBZ complete seasons.

6) Yes.

1) I must have missed the links. Can you post them again?

2) Concession accepted.

3) Obviously they do. If they weren't selling, they wouldn't be on the stands. And there were more recent games. I see them at the store all of the time.

4) DBZ Kai is still showing and most fans are teens.

5) No we weren't and since you're not giving any proof you're concession is accepted.\

6) So no anime and manga are relevant?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

2) No we weren't.

1) Yes I did

2) Yes we were

6) Yes.

2) Concession accepted.

3) Obviously they do. If they weren't selling, they wouldn't be on the stands. And there were more recent games. I see them at the store all of the time.

5) No we weren't and since you're not giving any proof you're concession is accepted.\

1) No links

2) No concession, now you're putting words in my mouth

3) You just said they were on the stands so must not be selling. DBZ haven't had recent games.

4) Reruns and most are kids

5) Um U.S. is where it matters so yes

6) No

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

2) No we weren't.

1) Yes I did

2) Yes we were

6) Yes.

2) Concession accepted.

1) No links

3) You just said they were on the stands so must not be selling. DBZ haven't had recent games.

6) No

1) So your opinion. Not facts.

2) Concession accepted.

3) If they weren't selling, they'd stop making them. It's simple economics man. You don't subsidize a business that's not making a profit. And yes. They had one near the end of 2012 and another ones coming.

4) It doesn't matter. Check the demographic. Most of them are teens.

5) Explain why the U.S. is what matters and not the rest of the world.

6) Whatever man. Your concession is accepted.XD

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

2) No we weren't.

1) Yes I did

2) Yes we were

6) Yes.

2) Concession accepted.

1) No links

6) No

2) Concession accepted.

3) If they weren't selling, they'd stop making them. It's simple economics man. You don't subsidize a business that's not making a profit. And yes. They had one near the end of 2012 and another ones coming.

1) No facts

2) Again putting words in my mouth

3) No, they just keep them out because they've been out so long

4) Kids

5) Because that's what we're freaking talking about! It's the U.S. Probably biggest country in the world, society wise.

6) Putting words in my mouth

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

2) No we weren't.

1) Yes I did

2) Yes we were

6) Yes.

2) Concession accepted.

1) No links

6) No

2) Concession accepted.

1) No facts

4) Kids

5) Because that's what we're freaking talking about! It's the U.S. Probably biggest country in the world, society wise.

1) Concession accepted.

2) Concession accepted.

3) You obviously don't understand this stuff.XD

4) Concession accepted.

5) No it's not. You don't know what you're talking about. China's the biggest in population. Russia's the biggest in landmass. You have some reading to do...

6) Concession accepted.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

2) No we weren't.

1) Yes I did

2) Yes we were

6) Yes.

2) Concession accepted.

1) No links

6) No

2) Concession accepted.

1) No facts

4) Kids

1) Concession accepted.

2) Concession accepted.

3) You obviously don't understand this stuff.XD

4) Concession accepted.

5) No it's not. You don't know what you're talking about. China's the biggest in population. Russia's the biggest in landmass. You have some reading to do...

6) Concession accepted.

Said society wise

But again putting words in my mouth, you can't just put words in people's mouths to further your argument.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil: Which brings up the question... do you even know what society means?

1. The aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.
  2. The community of people living in a particular region and having shared customs, laws, and organizations.

For both definitions India and China are bigger than the United States.

And I said that you're conceding because you're rehashing baseless opinion.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a big Superman fan, but he'd definitely be missed more.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil: Which brings up the question... do you even know what society means?

1. The aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.
  2. The community of people living in a particular region and having shared customs, laws, and organizations.

For both definitions India and China are bigger than the United States.

And I said that you're conceding because you're rehashing baseless opinion.

Not talking about the literal definition of society but okay (rolls eyes)

And I could say the same for you.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil: Then what do you mean by society? Because you're using the word wrong.

Nope. Because I've been giving references and links. You haven't. Concession accepted.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei: No, there's other definitions of society, such as "society doesn't except gays"

They didn't futher your argument. All shut down.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei: No, there's other definitions of society, such as "society doesn't except gays"

You're not making any sense.

Concession accepted.

What definition of society are you using?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Concession accepted.

No concession, if putting words in my mouth is how you win your argument then wow.

And that was my definition, If you don't understand then you're not the one making sense.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Superman is irreplaceable in comics.
Goku is barely relevant to anime.
But that's just my opinion.

I agree completely.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By LeeSensei

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Concession accepted.

No concession, if putting words in my mouth is how you win your argument then wow.

And that was my definition, If you don't understand then you're not the one making sense.

I repeat. What definition of society are you using. You're wrong. Concession accepted. Good bye.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By blackadamFTW

It is obvious that Superman will be more missed than Goku.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@LeeSensei said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Concession accepted.

I repeat. What definition of society are you using. You're wrong. Concession accepted. Good bye.

If putting words in other peoples mouth is how you further an argument I question your argument

That was my definition of society, the figurative meaning, If that's a definition that you can't comprehend, then you need more education in school.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By evilvegeta74

@GTG12: Check out Bleach and Onepiece