Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@wolverine08 said:

@risingbean said:

Ultimate Marvel Universe-Jeph Loeb.

Hell anything I like that Jeph Loeb writes is full of suck and stupidity.

That's the Jeph Loeb way!

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Jeph Loeb for everything.

Why does everybody hate Loeb now?

Sure, his Ultimates was cr@p, but he's done allot of great stories before that....

His two passable stories are Hush and Long Halloween, he pretty much single handedly destroyed the Ultimate Universe with his stories, had a horrible Wolverine run that went against everything Wolverine is, had an extremely poorly written Red Hulk series where Rulk was using Thor's hammer to beat him up, had another extremely inconsistent series with Batman/Superman, and is overall just an extremely inconsistent writer.

Dude LH and Hush are more than passable, they are very good(LH won Eisner and Hush was voted most favorite Batman story this year in CV) , also people forget about Dark Victory(it also won an Eisner), its pretty good and his Superman/Batman are one of the few non-JL Batman and Superman team up stories I've enjoyed. Nolan's movies were heavily influenced by Loeb's work. While I haven't read Superman For All Seasons, Catwoman : When In Rome, Spider-Man Blue or Daredevil Yellow, I've heard they were very good. People forget about his good works. Same with Miller, people forget about his good comics and only remember the bad ones, TDKR and Year One are classics, Sin City is awesome, I've also heard his work on Daredevil and Wolverine is great.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Geoff Johns- Batman

Agreed, the guy writes a great GL, Flash, Aquaman and even Superman but his Batman is terrible.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rustyroy said:

@sog7dc said:

Geoff Johns- Batman

Agreed, the guy writes a great GL, Flash, Aquaman and even Superman but his Batman is terrible.

I've heard he dislikes Batman, so that may be the answer to his poorly written Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@sog7dc said:

Geoff Johns- Batman

I've heard he dislikes Batman, so that may be the answer to his poorly written Batman.

Yeah it looks like he does. Btw @battle_forum_junkie how can anyone hate Morrison? He gave us the best version of Batman, Superman and JLA and his work on Flash is awesome.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Krul and Kreisberg on Green Arrow were pretty weak.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Tom Veitch - Superman. Read Superman: At Earth's End if you don't believe me. Actually just read reviews of it online.

Frank Millar - Batman. Sorry but All Star Batman and Robin is just atrocious writing and makes Batman a character I actively detest.

Dan Slott - Spider-Man. I'm not forgiving him any time soon for Superior Spider-Man.

Matt Fraction - Thor. I'd just gotten into Thor and Fraction's run kept me away until Aaron's God of Thunder.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I seriously wanted to punch Batman in the face throughout the issue.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN was hilarious XD

Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Do you know who the hell I am? I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Wolverine008

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: I seriously wanted to punch Batman in the face throughout the issue.

I read a couple of issues and nearly died laughing XD.

THE GODDAMN BATMAN!

I don't think it was meant to be serious.

No, I think Frank Miller was being serious. That's what he considers badass and good writing at the stage he is in at his career.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

Read Frank Miller's other recent works. He's now adopted an overly gritty style to his writing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@theacidskull:

Read Frank Miller's other recent works. He's now adopted an overly gritty style to his writing.

ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN wasn't gritty, it was f*cking stupid XD. Batman kept saying "I'm the Goddamn Batman!" how did he expect anyone to take it seriously lol?

That's the thing, his writing is so overly gritty now, it's parody like. I can't stop saying I'M GODDMAN BATMAN!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RisingBean

@rustyroy: @battle_forum_junkie Loeb can work when continuity isn't involved.

The dude pretty much turned Wolverine from a mutant into a guy evolved from lupines, and made it so his entire life is a big conspiracy. As in everybody is in on it, working together to do whatever it is the big bad wanted them to do.

He treated the Ultimate universe like it was the 616. He pretty much S%$& on the characters. Then he killed off most of them.

He also has a tendency to mary sue Rulk.

I don't care if he wins an Eisner, the Nobel Peace Prize AND the CV fanboy awards. Fact is the masses don't vote for the majority of awards. A small select group does. So that point is moot.

My end of the day take is this. If you disrespect the medium you are working in, you are a hack.

Jeph Loeb is a hack.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ZombieMowlcher

Whoever did Allstar Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: His stories did win many fan awards which were voted by masses, I don't care if he wrote a few bad stories which I've never read, and I don't care what you think cause you pretty much said anyone who doesn't like your a opinion is a fanboy.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Frank Miller for any DC character that's not Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Come on, I know ASB&R was bad but he did gave us two classic Batbooks, at least All Star is funny and seriously there are worse Batman writers.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Year One was good I'll give you that. But he is kinda overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Brian Bendis took the Avengers and ran them into the ground for me. The stories weren't necessarily bad but turning the Avengers into a street level team was infinitely stupid. Opening up the roster to the entire Marvel Universe also watered down the entire idea of being an Avenger. My apologies to fans of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Spider-Man and others that Bendis drafted but none of them were Avengers in the true sense of the word.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Wolverine008

Brian Bendis took the Avengers and ran them into the ground for me. The stories weren't necessarily bad but turning the Avengers into a street level team was infinitely stupid. Opening up the roster to the entire Marvel Universe also watered down the entire idea of being an Avenger. My apologies to fans of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Spider-Man and others that Bendis drafted but none of them were Avengers in the true sense of the word.

Apology somewhat accepted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: *extends an olive branch*

To expand, I didn't mean it as an insult to those characters based on their lineages or backgrounds. Wolverine is one of my favorite characters but for me he is the ultimate outlaw. He's always been an outcast and just works better IMO that way.

Spiderman was the ultimate loner. Iron Fist & Luke Cage were street level heroes fighting for the common man. I like all of these characters but just don't think of them as Avengers and I never will.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By RisingBean

@rustyroy: Um. No. I didn't say that anybody who disagrees with me is a fanboy. I said that I didn't care if he won awards that panels dictate. I can vote for A or B because the panel has said they were vote worthy, but not C because the panel doesn't think so? I don't care what he has won, I think his writing is generally bad because he disrespects the medium and fan of it.

As per fanboys, I made an example called the CV fanboy awards. I didn't say "You are a fanboy for disagreeing with me." I was trying to make a rule of three joke with the Eisner's and Nobel Prize being "legitimate" awards and the CV fanboy award being less so. Sorry you missed the punchline.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QFT Bendis Avengers books are unreadable now. I can't even go back to read the old events again

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@rustyroy: Year One was good I'll give you that. But he is kinda overrated.

Everyone hates him now, how is that overrated lol?

@rustyroy: Um. No. I didn't say that anybody who disagrees with me is a fanboy. I said that I didn't care if he won awards that panels dictate. I can vote for A or B because the panel has said they were vote worthy, but not C because the panel doesn't think so? I don't care what he has won, I think his writing is generally bad because he disrespects the medium and fan of it.

As per fanboys, I made an example called the CV fanboy awards. I didn't say "You are a fanboy for disagreeing with me." I was trying to make a rule of three joke with the Eisner's and Nobel Prize being "legitimate" awards and the CV fanboy award being less so. Sorry you missed the punchline.

Okay, I got it now.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Kosher. So no hard feelings, I hope.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury:

I see where you are coming from. It was kind of weird to make everybody an Avenger despite their unique circumstances not being factored.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reginald Hudlin - Black Panther

It's racist if you like Black Panther and you aren't black...

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

lol, I'm sure most Black Panther fans are white

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JeanRalphio

@grenadeflow said:

@jeanralphio said:

@grenadeflow said:

It's racist you don't like the only black guy that has ever written for Black Panther...

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huldin for making Wakanda a Mary Suetopia and ignoring Priest's better BP mythos.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@grenadeflow said:

@jeanralphio said:

@grenadeflow said:

It's racist you don't like the only black guy that has ever written for Black Panther...

Christopher Priest is the best Black Panther writer and he's black

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@dctv3363 said:

I don't really have a favorite character but Deadpool by Daniel Way was god awful.

The sad part? That's the Deadpool that pop culture took notice of.

I know. :(

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Harley Quinn - Adam Glass and Matt Kindt are tied for their horrible work.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Batman - Kevin Smith,Tony Daniel,David Finch.
Spider-Man - Dan Slott
Wolverine - Brian Bendis

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@dctv3363 said:

@xwraith said:

@dctv3363 said:

I don't really have a favorite character but Deadpool by Daniel Way was god awful.

The sad part? That's the Deadpool that pop culture took notice of.

I know. :(

It was bad timing more than anything. Marvel started promoting the hell out of Deadpool right before Way's run started.

And they only started heavily promoting him because he came in higher in a character popularity poll than they expected.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool - Daniel Way

@br_havoc said:

Harley Quinn - Adam Glass and Matt Kindt are tied for their horrible work.

I'm adding this. (p.s. I don't know why but I read that in a very ominous Vincent Price-esque voice. )

Also,

Batman - Frank Miller (Year One is the exception. I love that comic.)

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Marionettegeist

@br_havoc said:
Loading Video...

@dctv3363: LOL!

I love that! Have you seen this:

Loading Video...

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: Oh yeah I love anything Burton went to see his exhibit when it was in Toronto.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Marionettegeist

@br_havoc: He not only makes great movies, he makes some really nice artwork. I had no idea they had an exhibit for him though.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BR_Havoc

@dctv3363:Yeah they had it for the Toronto film festival. It was really cool having all of these art pieces and props from his movies told you little secrets of how he made certain movies and stuff like that. At the end I bought this huge and expensive book of all his sketches and things like that.

Did you hear he is making Beetlejuice 2 and Michael Keaton is coming back!