Who was generally more damaging to comics: Ron Perelman or Dan Didio

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ron Perelman: Owner of Marvel Comics throughout the 1990s who had many financial policies that advocated for 90s Anti Heroes being the standard in particular from X Men'a Cable and Spider-Man's Venom, placing great emphasis on collectors item cover gimmicks that led to unwanted speculation from buyers, and whose said policies eventually lead to Marvel's bankruptcy that lead to Bill Jemas' Marville.

Dan Didio: A figure who was the creative officer for DC Comics for at least the late 2000s to the early 2010s that placed great emphasis on both editorial control over mainstream DC properties over writer control with the purpose of making darker and edgy tales in hopes to rival Watchmen and the Dark Knight Returns using mainstream DC heroes; leading into Identity Crisis, All Star Batman and Robin, Countdown to Final Crisis, Cry for Justice, the New 52 and eventually by terms of adaptation the DCEU with Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Identity Crisis was amazing though.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JulieDC

Well, Ron Perelman almost destroyed an entire company. Dan Didio's mismanaging of DC didn't nearly destroy the company. My reading habits were probably more affected by Didio's decisions given that I am more of a DC person than Marvel and I started reading comics only in the 2010s. But outside of that, I would imagine Perelman bringing a company into bankruptcy would easily make that person more damaging. Besides, its too early to tell for DC. Marvel has learned their lesson (at least I am guessing). But the decisions DC will make in the coming years will decide Didio's legacy.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Both equally suck.