Who is stronger in strength, Thor or Wonder Woman??

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hemlin

Wonder Woman is said to be nearly as strong as Superman in strength, however her greatest strength feat was only turning 1/3 of earth; not by herself but with Superman and Martian Manhunter.

Thor has resisted the weight of a neutron star, lifted the Midgard Serpent (Whom weighed at least 1/3 of the earth's weight and actually possessed the strength to crush earth in its grip with ease, if he could really crush earth in its grip then he should also be able to pull a dozen planets). Thor has proven that he is stronger than the Midgard Serpent by breaking its grip from earth before he could destroy earth and actually pulled him from the planet. Thor is also capable of entering a state called Warrior Madness where his strength literally multiplies by 10X of its original extent; I believe in that state he should be able to pull at least 100 planets if he's stronger than the Serpent whom was capable of crushing earth.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By willpayton

@Hemlin said:

Wonder Woman is said to be nearly as strong as Superman in strength, however her greatest strength feat was only turning 1/3 of earth; not by herself but with Superman and Martian Manhunter.

What does "turning 1/3 of earth" mean?

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By vuviper

I believe in that state he should be able to pull at least 100 planets if he's stronger than the Serpent whom was capable of crushing earth.

What?

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RingSlinger

@WillPayton said:

@Hemlin said:

What does "turning 1/3 of earth" mean?

I think he meant "pulling" 1/3 of the earths weight (would they actually be pulling the true weight of the earth together?) which she did along side Martian Manhunter and Superman. That being said, I give this to Thor based on better feats, but Wonder Woman is close. Damn Close.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hemlin

@WillPayton: Not much at all, she actually struggled. Thor pulled the Midgard Serpent by himself, I believe he's a lot stronger. I'm just not entirely sure of Wonder Woman's strength potential.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hemlin

@vuviper: As stated, Warrior Madness is a berserker rage Thor can experience that would multiply his strength by 10. He has proven to be stronger than the Midgard Serpent which had the strength to crush earth in its grip and pull a dozen planets. I honestly believe that Rune King Thor (Whom is 100X stronger than Thor) can rival Pre-Crisis Superman in strength.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vuviper

Well if you want a feat of Strength I have this:

No Caption Provided

So I think the answer is... Hard to say

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hemlin

@WillPayton: What I meant was they pulled and rotated earth by a 120 degrees angle. 1/3 of the earth's angle.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vuviper

@Hemlin said:

@vuviper: As stated, Warrior Madness is a berserker rage Thor can experience that would multiply his strength by 10. He has proven to be stronger than the Midgard Serpent which had the strength to crush earth in its grip and pull a dozen planets. I honestly believe that Rune King Thor (Whom is 100X stronger than Thor) can rival Pre-Crisis Superman in strength.

When?

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hemlin

@vuviper: Impressive. But would it be enough to overpower this:

No Caption Provided
Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hemlin

@vuviper: As Rune King Thor, he was able to hold raging Mangog with 1 hand effortlessly like a chicken; this prove that he is many times stronger than Mangog. Mangog was a creature whom's strength was stronger than the original Thor, The original Thor has demonstrated the ability to overpower the Midgard Serpent's strength, the Serpent's strength was able to crush in its grip earth and possibly pull a dozen planets. Rune King Thor would have the strength 100X stronger than Mangog if he was able to hold him with 1 hand like he was holding a baby chicken.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By TifaLockhart

Is it just me, or is this begging to be used as an example in the new Bible thread sticky?

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hemlin

@RingSlinger: Wonder Woman is really close?? how. Do you know of her greatest strength feat?? if so, what is it?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By willpayton

@vuviper said:

No Caption Provided

This really doesnt tell you much. First, you dont know how much Spectre weighs. And second, they didnt even hold him up, at best it shows them slowing down his decent. Without knowing how much he weighs and how much they slowed his decent, you really dont know anything.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lady_liberty

Her greatest strength feat is helping Superman pull the earth.

Thor's strength feats are really ambiguous.

We know how much the earth masses, but the high end Thor feats.. well who knows how much mass those objects have? We can guess, but those guesses are always vague.

Thor doesn't display a great deal of strength in combat either. If he can pull something that's a third of the earths weight, he should KO Hulk in one hit. But that doesn't happen.

So its hard to say exactly how strong Thor is, because to make a judgement about something requires data, and the data on Thor's strength is difficult to understand.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ThanosIsMad

The difference between the two is probably marginal at best, though Warrior Madness would amp Thor up beyond his normal self and WW. I call stalemate.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By acer51

Sorry if this comment is Sextist but Thor is stronger because he's a God of THUNDER and Wonder Woman's an Amazon.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TifaLockhart

@acer51: Volstagg is a god. Disassembled Scarlet Witch is a mutant.

Powersource IMO shouldn't be used to determine who is stronger.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hemlin

@Lady_Liberty: Yeah it just doesn't make sense at all, I don't understand how he was unable to KO the Hulk. He did suppress him for hours once, Hulk was growing stronger minute after minute and Thor was still able to retrain him for hours. That's pretty impressive, it may probably because he avoids attacking with full power. The weight of the Serpent is unknown, but what he did was still impressive because the Serpent's strength was strong enough to crush a planet and definitely strong enough to pull a few or a dozen.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lady_liberty

@Hemlin: Thor's feats are just really inconsistent. I understand the needs of the plot, but there is also a need for consistancy within a character. The two need to be balanced, but it seems that in Thor's case the needs of the plot come first most of the time. Makes it really hard to know be exact about Thor's strength.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By willpayton

@Lady_Liberty said:

Her greatest strength feat is helping Superman pull the earth.

Thor's strength feats are really ambiguous.

We know how much the earth masses, but the high end Thor feats.. well who knows how much mass those objects have? We can guess, but those guesses are always vague.

Thor doesn't display a great deal of strength in combat either. If he can pull something that's a third of the earths weight, he should KO Hulk in one hit. But that doesn't happen.

So its hard to say exactly how strong Thor is, because to make a judgement about something requires data, and the data on Thor's strength is difficult to understand.

Yes, WW helped pull the Earth, but there's too many unknowns to properly gauge how much force she was actually exerting. Even if we assume she was outputting 1/3 of the total force needed for the feat... the force exerted is given by:

Force = mass * acceleration

We know the mass of the Earth, but not how much acceleration they actually applied to it, and hence we dont know how much force. But since we also dont know how much of the total she applied herself, we end up not knowing much at all from that feat.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TifaLockhart

Since we're using absolute highend feats here, the reason is probably because Hulk once deflected a cosmos-destroying attack from the Nightcrawler with a thunderclap.

This is why I don't like to use highend feats.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By willpayton

@acer51 said:

Sorry if this comment is Sextist but Thor is stronger because he's a God of THUNDER and Wonder Woman's an Amazon.

Isnt she the daughter of Zeus? Also, there's plenty of non-gods that can beat up Thor, so being a "God of THUNDER" isnt all that impressive.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Lady_Liberty:

I've actually seen a scan floating around where Thor almost killed Hulk in one hit and it went into detail about how he forgot to hold back like he usually or something along those lines. I haven't read the comic myself so I don't quite know the merit of it but I'm just giving you the heads up the possibility of it does exist I just don't know whether it's canon or not.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TifaLockhart

@WillPayton: Ares helped Queen Hippolyta make Wonder Woman, so I guess he's kinda her dad?

I think.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Saren

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: In the DCnU, Zeus is her dad. Hippolyta made up the whole "made of clay" thing to protect Diana from Hera's wrath.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TifaLockhart

@CitizenBane: Thanks. Apologies if I mislead anyone, but I was convinced that was her post-crisis, pre-flashpoint origin.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hemlin

@Lady_Liberty: His strength are incalculable, I'm sure that all superheroes would have inconsistent stories as that writers of their stories imminently retire and new writers constantly appear. I doubt that all writers would share the same imagination for Thor's powers.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lady_liberty

@WillPayton: We end up knowing a lot more about Wonder Woman's strength from that feat then do we from any of Thor's top end feats, because we have a data point with Wonder Woman's feat. The earth has a mass, and we know what it is. With Thor, well, who knows? We don't have hardly any points of data that have numbers.

For example with Wonder Woman I could assume that she pulled the 1/3 of the earth at 2mph. That would give me some hard numbers. Or I could assume she pulls 1/3 of the earth at 100mph. That would also give me some hard numbers. Neither of these methods are perfect, but with Thor you have to assume everything.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hemlin

@Lady_Liberty: This may sound strange, but I personally believe "Warrior Madness" Thor's strength could rival Pre-Crisis Superman. Pre-Crisis Superman's greatest strength feat was to effortlessly pull dozens of planets with 1 hand. Thor's strength was enough to overpower The Serpent (Who could pull dozens of planets himself). Warrior Madness is a state where Thor's strength literally multiplies by 10.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TifaLockhart

By the way, did Marvel's version of Thor lift all of Jormungand in the Utgard story?

He only lifted one of the "cat's" paws, and Utgard's words can be interpretted two very different ways.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lady_liberty

@Hemlin: His strength cannot be calculated? Yes, that's correct, because of his history of greatly inconsistent feats, and a lack of feats which one can draw strong conclusions from.

Partly its understandable, as no one wants to write themselves in a corner, and part of its just having a lot of writers over the years who all had different opinions.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hemlin

@Lady_Liberty: Oh no, Wonder Woman did not pull 1/3 of earth by herself. She was assisted by Superman and Martian Manhunter. Thor did lift the Serpent as well as excelling his strength by himself. What he did was a far greater display of strength than any of Wonder Woman's apparent feats.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By willpayton

@Lady_Liberty said:

@WillPayton: We end up knowing a lot more about Wonder Woman's strength from that feat then do we from any of Thor's top end feats, because we have a data point with Wonder Woman's feat. The earth has a mass, and we know what it is. With Thor, well, who knows? We don't have hardly any points of data that have numbers.

For example with Wonder Woman I could assume that she pulled the 1/3 of the earth at 2mph. That would give me some hard numbers. Or I could assume she pulls 1/3 of the earth at 100mph. That would also give me some hard numbers. Neither of these methods are perfect, but with Thor you have to assume everything.

Right, but without a proper range for the acceleration, someone can always come up with whatever value they want. If they want to prove she's twice as strong, then they just assume twice the acceleration and voila, now she's twice as strong.

In the end, it's an impressive feat, but one for which it's hard to put a number on. Even the number of 1/3 is already an assumption which is probably incorrect. It could be 1/100, or 1/10, or 1/2... we just dont know.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TAneT62

@WillPaytonsaid:

@vuviper said:

No Caption Provided

This really doesnt tell you much. First, you dont know how much Spectre weighs. And second, they didnt even hold him up, at best it shows them slowing down his decent. Without knowing how much he weighs and how much they slowed his decent, you really dont know anything.

He has infinite weight.

:

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thor is much stronger and has better feats

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Saren

@TAneT62 said:

@WillPaytonsaid:

@vuviper said:

No Caption Provided

He has infinite weight.

:

He cannot have infinite weight; if so he would occupy infinite mass.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TAneT62

WW is stronger, or maybe the same in strength .. she channels her strength from the earth, the earth goddess, so she practically has the strenth of the earth.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TifaLockhart

I find it funny that Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Orion, and Martian Manhunter lack planetary feats, while everybody and their brother at Marvel has them in spades. Lobo, the "joke character" is the only DC top-tier I can readily name planetary feats for.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By a88378438

i belive SA superman can lift infinite weught..

but not this thread lol,

i say wonder woman is stronger,just all

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hemlin

@CitizenBane: If he had infinite weight then wouldn't the ground he was lying on be crushed....

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hemlin

@a88378438: How is Wonder Woman stronger, she didn't turn much of earth. Even with Superman and Martian Manhunter.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TAneT62

@CitizenBane said:

@TAneT62 said:

@WillPaytonsaid:

@vuviper said:

No Caption Provided

He has infinite weight.

:

Didnt you read the scan? His body contains cosmic concioussnes, which contains Eternity itself ...

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hemlin

@TAneT62: If the Spectre had infinite weight, wouldn't the surface be completely crushed, wouldn't he have sunk down the surface. Eternity may have been an exaggeration.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Saren

@TAneT62 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@TAneT62 said:

@WillPaytonsaid:

@vuviper said:

No Caption Provided

He has infinite weight.

:

Didnt you read the scan? His body contains cosmic concioussnes, which contains Eternity itself ...

And how much does eternity weigh, exactly? He cannot have infinite weight because he does not have infinite mass, nor does he occupy infinite space.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TAneT62

@Hemlin: If it was an exaggeration, which is not, then why would the being say so himself? His body contains eternity which would probably be considered, infinite weight.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hemlin

@CitizenBane: You have a point. Eternity may not necessarily mean infinite weight.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hemlin

@TAneT62: He would've crushed the landscape if he weighed infinity.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TAneT62

@Hemlin: Probably not, but, Eternity means a limitless amount of time, timeless existence, wouldnt a being that contains eternity have a limitless weight to it?@CitizenBane said:

@TAneT62 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@TAneT62 said:

@WillPaytonsaid:

@vuviper said:

No Caption Provided

He has infinite weight.

:

And how much does eternity weigh, exactly? He cannot have infinite weight because he does not have infinite mass, nor does he occupy infinite space.

Eternity is limitless.

Hemlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hemlin

@TAneT62: Exactly, eternity is limitless which means (I will say it again) it would've completely obliterated the surface it lied on.