Who is physically superior, Superman or Hulk?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By johnny_mist

@atheistknowledge said:

@johnny_mist: Hulk does not need to seek out some big emotional distress to beat high level guys fighting at their best. He can become angrier and stronger just by fighting and he can reach really high levels of it. Hulk has control over amping himself with anger since there have been specific times where he made himself 3 times as angry or 10 times as angry to overcome another foe.

Green Scar has reached his upper limits simply by not holding back anymore the emotional pain of the loss he carries are always inside him. Caiera dying, Jarella dying, didn't just go away.

This mental gymnastic nonsense of people being so afraid to simply admit something that's factual which is

Hulk can amp himself internally, Superman can't.

Hulk can amp himself externally, Superman can as well.

People are so insecure they can't even admit this. Look i can do it.

Superman can fly, Hulk can't.

It's not hard for me to admit something that's factually correct. Why is it so hard for Superman supporters? What's next? Hulk is green but not as green as Superman?

What do you mean by 3 and 10 times angrier? How could the reader or anyone know that?

I said my self Hulk can get angrier/more powerful just by allowing himself to" let go".

I also said to reach the "massively massive" amount of power he had at the very end of WWH he needs something fresh and overwhelming.

There is an argument to be made that Hulk doesn't need the power he had in those few moments but he definitely needs something external to fuel him emotionally to get there.

You sound like a knowledgeable Hulk fan has Hulk ever come very close to death, if so how did he react?

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: yes I know all of that. But the sun is one massive reactor and its 1.3 MILLION TIMES the size of earth. If you think all of the reactors on the earth combined times 10 even comes close to the sun you have no clue lol. It's not even close. Also if you think world war Hulk or any version of Hulk is anywhere near Superman Prime one million this convo is pointless.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By johnny_mist

@comic_bruh777 said:

@jay_z94: yes I know all of that. But the sun is one massive reactor and its 1.3 MILLION TIMES the size of earth. If you think all of the reactors on the earth combined times 10 even comes close to the sun you have no clue lol. It's not even close. Also if you think world war Hulk or any version of Hulk is anywhere near Superman Prime one million this convo is pointless.

No one knows how powerful Superman Prime One Million is, it's complete speculation. Obviously he would be massively powerful but no one knows how "massively".

Starting to destroy Earth simply by walking is up there with pretty much anyone.

(Adding "lols" doesn't help peoples arguments sound more convincing it makes them sound biased and fanboy-ish.)

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course the sun has more radiation than the earth, but it takes time for superman to absorb that energy, he can't just absorb it all at once.

Feats for Superman prime one million please..... has he done anything more powerful than threatening continents by simply walking? Because as far as I know he is featless and all speculation. The funny thing is, Post crisis and N52 superman have better feats.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: and yet superman prime one million IS post crisis superman who sundipped for fifteen thousand years. The same post crisis superman who in the Imperiex War sundipped for 15 MINUTES and TRIPLED his power. You do the math.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:

@johnny_mist: Hulk does not need to seek out some big emotional distress to beat high level guys fighting at their best. He can become angrier and stronger just by fighting and he can reach really high levels of it. Hulk has control over amping himself with anger since there have been specific times where he made himself 3 times as angry or 10 times as angry to overcome another foe.

Green Scar has reached his upper limits simply by not holding back anymore the emotional pain of the loss he carries are always inside him. Caiera dying, Jarella dying, didn't just go away.

This mental gymnastic nonsense of people being so afraid to simply admit something that's factual which is

It's not hard for me to admit something that's factually correct. Why is it so hard for Superman supporters? What's next? Hulk is green but not as green as Superman?

What do you mean by 3 and 10 times angrier? How could the reader or anyone know that?

I said my self Hulk can get angrier/more powerful just by allowing himself to" let go".

I also said to reach the "massively massive" amount of power he had at the very end of WWH he needs something fresh and overwhelming.

There is an argument to be made that Hulk doesn't need the power he had in those few moments but he definitely needs something external to fuel him emotionally to get there.

You sound like a knowledgeable Hulk fan has Hulk ever come very close to death, if so how did he react?

Because the Hulk explicitly said it.

His emotional pain didn't exactly go away, as in his wife did not come back to life. He has also reached extreme levels of anger in some fights and accomplished things no other Earth hero could, which includes WM Thor.

Whenever Hulk came close to death he just became angrier.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: that's true. The problem is there isn't as much radiation on earth as there is from the sun. Even if Hulk used all the radiation on earth it still wouldn't even be remotely close to what the Sun has.

He can find radiation in different places. If we go by a hypothetical scenario where Superman is trying to amp himself as much as possible and Hulk was trying the same, there is no reason to assume Hulk will just sit on Earth and be done with it, when there are plentiful sources of radiation everywhere in the universe.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By johnny_mist
@comic_bruh777 said:

@jay_z94: and yet superman prime one million IS post crisis superman who sundipped for fifteen thousand years. The same post crisis superman who in the Imperiex War sundipped for 15 MINUTES and TRIPLED his power. You do the math.

Come on bro my argument is favouring Superman (I've got a Hulk fan yelling at me right now) but that is the definition of speculation.

If Bane injects himself with 200 mls of Venom he can pick up a car so if he injects 10 litres he could pick up a building and one punch Wonder Woman...

In real a real world context taking PEDs (performance enhancing drugs) has limitations and doesn't simply, double, triple, quadruple your strength and speed.

I think Superman could use the sun to amp himself faster than Hulk could use gamma radiation though. It's Hulk anger which is the...

No Caption Provided

(x-factor)

@atheistknowledge said:

@johnny_mist said:
@atheistknowledge said:

Because the Hulk explicitly said it.

His emotional pain didn't exactly go away, as in his wife did not come back to life. He has also reached extreme levels of anger in some fights and accomplished things no other Earth hero could, which includes WM Thor.

Whenever Hulk came close to death he just became angrier.

Hulk said "I'm 3 times angrier?"

That writer should rethink his career if he's still got a job.

That being said I think Hulk anger is more vague and used much more in stories, and in turn more likely to have a crazier upper limit in terms of power than Superman's "sun-dipping". But that's just a gut feeling.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By TheArchon

@nemesisreloaded said:
@comic_bruh777 said:

@nemesisreloaded: that is interesting. I always figured that was his max. I think it's a really cool idea for sure but that's all entirely speculation and for now all we can go off of is what he has been shown to do.

Yes, absolute speculation, and probably wont happen. Comic book writers don't have the best history when it comes to using actual science in their stories.

I'd also like to point out that as you said, this is a debate not about who's potential is higher. That should maybe be a new thread. This thread is about the strongest feats of each character - provable feats - from Superman Post Crisis and New 52, and Hulk Earth-616.

So far in this thread, ( just read through) those feats confirmed are -

Superman:

• Strength - 5.972 sextillion tonnes (the Earth)
  • Striking power - destroying the magical copy of the moon (2% Earths size)
  • Durability - Enduring the centre of a collision of two star-sized planets.

Hulk:

• Strength - 41 Quintillion tonnes (a mountain)
  • Striking Power - destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth
  • Durability - Enduring what is potentially the weight of a star (also possibly an overstatement)

So far:

• Strength - Superman - Lifting the Earth is greater than moving tectonic plates
  • Striking Power - Hulk - Destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth is greater than destroying Callisto
  • Durability - Superman - Enduring the strike-force of 2 colliding star-sized planets is greater than enduring the weight of one

Superman withstood a sun going supernova. That's better than being in the centre of a collision between two planets. The guy was even able to survive without his heart. He took, as well, a blast from Imperiex Prime, the same blast that killed Doomsday on the spot (he was turned to ashes by that very blast).

For the strengh, Post-Crisis Superman has tons of feats that cannot be measured, unfortunately like slowing down the Destroyer, throwing a growing solar system, slowing down eternity, holding a book with infinite pages, pulling Darkseid out of the Source Wall (something that took 5 versions of Supergirl to do), etc...

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By NemesisReloaded

@thearchon said:

Superman withstood a sun going supernova. That's better than being in the centre of a collision between two planets. The guy was even able to survive without his heart. He took, as well, a blast from Imperiex Prime, the same blast that killed Doomsday on the spot (he was turned to ashes by that very blast).

For the strength, Post-Crisis Superman has tons of feats that cannot be measured, unfortunately like slowing down the Destroyer, throwing a growing solar system, slowing down eternity, holding a book with infinite pages, pulling Darkseid out of the Source Wall (something that took 5 versions of Supergirl to do), etc...

Yes, he did survive a star going super nova, but I dont like to include it because a) its a star and gives him power, b) the explosion is in every direction and not focused directly toward him, and c) he was around an orbiting planet of the star and was quite some distance away from the explosion, though it did envelope him. So I know a supernova is the most powerful explosive force in the known universe, and I know it can produce the power of the lifetime of 10 million suns, but since he's likely at least 1 million miles away and the force goes in every direction it could be argued that it's probably not that big of a feat.

Whereas the two god planets of Apokolips and New Genesis colliding is a huge durability feat, precisely because they are planets. Rocky planets are 4 times as dense as stars, and large ones even more so. When boom tubes are used to travel to either of these planets, the travellers are literally scaled up by at least 12 times. Even so, after up-scaling, Superman describes the cities as thousands of miles across and the smallest lakes on New Genesis are roughly the same size as Earth. Even Orion describes the Earth as a speck in comparison. So these god planets are huge star sized planets but much denser than stars.

If you take"small lakes" with a pinch of salt and call it just the smallest of Earths largest lakes and upscale Earth on the basis of that, New Genesis (and therefore Apokolips) is much larger than the Sun, by roughly 20 times in every direction, with about 30,000x the Suns mass. Being caught in a collision between two of these such planets, you cant be pushed back by a blast and instead are forced to take the full impact is a far more impressive feat.

As far as the blasts and strength feats go, I would very much like to see scans of those. Throwing a solar system is a huge feat though from things in this thread, so far, Superman is already provably vastly stronger and more durable than Hulk. And by that, I simply mean that his feats have proven him to be that way. But if you can find a Post-Crisis feat of Superman that involves him smashing something larger than an asteroid twice the size of Earth, you'd be making it 3 in a row for Superman.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By BlackLegRaph

@blacklegraph said:

Superman. It's always been that way.

Both of those are wrong.

Sure.....if the question was who is inferior to the Hulk ;)

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool, but using superman prime one million as an example is completely irrelevant as he has no feats. It's the equivalent of me saying "if hulk absorbed radiation for this amount of time, he would be much more powerful than superman". On top of that, It took hulk less than a year to become a planetary threat by simply walking, when has PC or N-52 superman shown that amount of power?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:
@blacklegraph said:

Both of those are wrong.

Wanna compare strength feats? As well as statements from Superman writers admitting Superman is physically inferior to Hulk since post crisis era?

Let me tear down that juicy confidence. ;)

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By comic_bruh777

@jay_z94: oh it took Hulk a year?? That's cute it took post crisis superman 15 minutes of sundipping in the Imperiex war

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: key words "since post crisis era" even they know Hulk doesn't have anything on post crisis Supes

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to point out that plain old post crisis superman has the feats to beat Hulk. My pointing out all of his amped versions just show that this is silly. This is Superman vs Hulk amped up the most he has been with his best showings. If it were amped superman vs amped hulk they shouldn't be in the same category. This makes it interesting having baseline superman vs amped up Hulk. That being said going based off of all the feats people have scanned in this thread Clark still has better feats. And I realize this isn't a battle but it would also be funny to see baseline superman vs baseline hulk. Granted it if Clark doesn't beat him right away( he can) and let's hulk get super pissed then there is your fight. But again looking at baseline superman vs amped hulk supes still edges him out.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: key words "since post crisis era" even they know Hulk doesn't have anything on post crisis Supes

The guy above has said Superman has always been superior to Hulk physically, which isn't true. And yea Hulk is stronger then both post crisis or new-52 Superman. Everything before that is too much, especially stuff like SA Superman, unless we count non-canon/alternate versions of the Hulk, some of who where Galactus level.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: lets see actual proof via Hulks feats that he is stronger because so far as it stands now the feats on this board all indicate that Superman is physically superior

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: There is a "feat" of Superman which would put him way above multi-planetary level in terms of striking power but it's quite dubious; it's more of a claim really, Orion's wife tells Batman that during his famous fight with Darkseid in Superman/Batman, Superman rocked "the entire star system". I can show you if you want, and you can draw your own conclusion.

As for Hulk smashing that asteroid, that is a durability feat, not a striking power feat, Hulk was outfitted with a magnetic jetpack (or something of that nature) and propelled towards the asteroid like a bullet, just because he extended his arms doesn't mean it was done under his own strength. Also this feat is far less impressive than it seems, an asteroid twice the size of Earth, wouldn't even be an asteroid, it would be a planet, objects of such high mass don't remain in shapes like the one that asteroid had, gravity forces them to become spheres, that's why we don't have planet-sized asteroids roaming around in our Solar System (well we do have Ceres, but it's also considered a dwarf planet, and is, of course, round). But since the asteroid did have an asteroid-like shape, the only possible explanation is that it had an extremely low density and in consequence wasn't as massive or as difficult to destroy as a planet.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By johnny_mist

@nemesisreloaded

@atheistknowledge

@comic_bruh777

People throw around the word "stronger" as if it applies to striking and lifting.

It's not the case in real life or comics. World Kick-boxing champs aren't elite weightlifters. I watched Eddie Hall ( world dead lift record) have an amateur boxing match the other day, he wasn't impressive at all. Remy Bonjasky (kick-boxer that could KO absolutely anyone) in his prime would lift much, much less than Eddie Hall.

Hulk is fundamentally different than Superman. Hulk writers wow audiences by fight feats, beating up characters that have been held on a pedestal for decades and occasionally large scale collateral damage during fights.

With flight/rescuing in mind there's more reasons for him to lift massive objects which he does so regularly. Superman is an old school super-hero and isn't written as a mindless destoyer and in turn has less reason to destroy.

Without flight theres limited reasons Hulk would ever want to lift huge objects and is in turn written that way. He's also written as a bruiser out for a fight 24/7 and doesn't go around rescuing people like Superman, Spider-Man etc.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: oh it took Hulk a year?? That's cute it took post crisis superman 15 minutes of sundipping in the Imperiex war

It didn't, I just incredibly lowballed him as a comparison to superman prime one million, who has no feats at all. Hulk has gone from bruce banner to WBH level before he had even finished a sentence, you know, the guy that threatens the continent with footsteps. You using prime one million is like me saying "if hulk absorbed radiation for this amount of time, he would be much more powerful than superman", both characters can absorb radiation to increase their power, but hulk can also do it internally.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By jay_z94

@comic_bruh777 said:

I'd like to point out that plain old post crisis superman has the feats to beat Hulk. My pointing out all of his amped versions just show that this is silly. This is Superman vs Hulk amped up the most he has been with his best showings. If it were amped superman vs amped hulk they shouldn't be in the same category. This makes it interesting having baseline superman vs amped up Hulk. That being said going based off of all the feats people have scanned in this thread Clark still has better feats. And I realize this isn't a battle but it would also be funny to see baseline superman vs baseline hulk. Granted it if Clark doesn't beat him right away( he can) and let's hulk get super pissed then there is your fight. But again looking at baseline superman vs amped hulk supes still edges him out.

There's no such thing as baseline hulk, that's a common misconeption. And Hulk in his WWH and WBH form isn't necessarily "amped", that's just him really angry, hence his own power. Superman being amped by sundipping is completely different as it's an outside source.

@darkhoudini said:

@nemesisreloaded: There is a "feat" of Superman which would put him way above multi-planetary level in terms of striking power but it's quite dubious; it's more of a claim really, Orion's wife tells Batman that during his famous fight with Darkseid in Superman/Batman, Superman rocked "the entire star system". I can show you if you want, and you can draw your own conclusion.

As for Hulk smashing that asteroid, that is a durability feat, not a striking power feat, Hulk was outfitted with a magnetic jetpack (or something of that nature) and propelled towards the asteroid like a bullet, just because he extended his arms doesn't mean it was done under his own strength. Also this feat is far less impressive than it seems, an asteroid twice the size of Earth, wouldn't even be an asteroid, it would be a planet, objects of such high mass don't remain in shapes like the one that asteroid had, gravity forces them to become spheres, that's why we don't have planet-sized asteroids roaming around in our Solar System (well we do have Ceres, but it's also considered a dwarf planet, and is, of course, round). But since the asteroid did have an asteroid-like shape, the only possible explanation is that it had an extremely low density and in consequence wasn't as massive or as difficult to destroy as a planet.

The jet pack took him to the asteroid, but the hulk actually punched it himself. it's a striking power and durability feat.

Also don't use physics to try and explain comic feats, it never works. Most feats in comics are physically impossible (talking/shockwaves in space, moving faster than light, etc)

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: Physics do apply to comics, maybe not all the time, but comics are not entirely devoid of logic, whether you accept it or not, if they were, then there would be no reason to argue over them. Feats can be calculated, that's the only way we can know if a character is more powerful that the other, even if those "calculations" are done subconsciously, for example, planet busting>moon busting, it might seem obvious, and it is, one is bigger than the other, that's a perfectly logical conclusion. But what if you had two characters one with a planet busting and the other with a neutron star busting feat respectively, what now, a neutron star is much, much smaller than a planet, but would you favor the planet buster over the neutron star buster? Of course not, even though one is bigger than the other it would only take a fraction of the energy to destroy, and we know this because of physics. It's the same here, the natural law of gravity didn't just cease to apply because a big asteroid decided to show up. Planets are round in the Marvel Universe, they orbit stars, they form planetary systems, those systems exist in a galaxy and so on, why would we suspend logic for something since it can be easily explained? Not to mention that in this particular feat, the mass of the asteroid was never stated, only it's size, so what I'm saying is not contradicting anything stated in the comic.

By the way, shockwaves can and do exist in space, they travel trough the interstellar medium, which yes, is vey low density, but they travel non the less, and we observe them in supernovae and the like. Also shockwaves in space can refer to "electromagnetic" shockwaves, i.e radiation, in the form of gamma ray burst for example, light does indeed have momentum.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_mist: this is so true. Strength isn't everything at all. And people are forgetting something. If two people are close in strength and one is also FTL that puts a HUGE gap between them. Given the feats on this board superman takes it anyway but even the people that want to ignore the facts can see hey you have to extremely strong characters but one is FTL and more durable based off the feats as well. This thread is in superman's favor.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: superman prime one million is pointless here I was just demonstrating that superman has no real upper limit as it was claimed in this thread he could only absorb so much yellow sun

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: I guess it's the way you look at it but to me if someone is vastly more powerful than they usually are they are amped up or much more powerful maybe you didn't like the wording but WWH and WBH are much more powerful than your average hulk was all I was saying

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_mist: this is so true. Strength isn't everything at all. And people are forgetting something. If two people are close in strength and one is also FTL that puts a HUGE gap between them. Given the feats on this board superman takes it anyway but even the people that want to ignore the facts can see hey you have to extremely strong characters but one is FTL and more durable based off the feats as well. This thread is in superman's favor.

I said lifting strength and striking strength are fundamentally different and two different discussions. I'm not sure if you read it through.

Most characters that fly in space can fly extremely fast to claim they regularly throw punches at that speed/power is a leap.

A real world example would Muhammed Ali (in his prime) can punch much faster (and harder) than Usain Bolt.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklegraph said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@blacklegraph said:

Both of those are wrong.

Wanna compare strength feats? As well as statements from Superman writers admitting Superman is physically inferior to Hulk since post crisis era?

Lol. It's been done for ages, and Supes always comes out on top. That's the way of things, like the sun rising in the East and setting in the West.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_mist: in some cases that's true however superman regularly speed blitzes and that is a perfect example of him using his strength and speed together. It adds another element and puts him on another level. A perfect example is when he fought Darkseid in vol 2 of superman/batman : Supergirl by Loeb. He was not only using all of his strength against Darkseid but going all out using his speed with his power and did a number on Darkseid. And that's a bad example because superman uses his speed while he fights with his strength. Usain bolt doesn't fight. A better example would be a huge heavyweight fighter who is very strong vs Cain Velasquez who is also a strong heavyweight who moves like a light guy is very fast for his weight. It's a major advantage when you are both on the same level at strength but one is way faster. Obviously Cain is an amazing fighter but we are talking about their strength and speed

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#234  Edited By The-Seeffiss17

Since the OP discounted speed and only mentioned Strength, durability, and striking, I would definitely back Hulk. Once you throw speed into the mix the tables start to turn...

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: that's true except superman incorporates his speed into his striking anyone who doesn't think so hasn't read enough superman comics

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: I agree. After all F=MA (force=Mass x Acceleration). Though I think despite logic and science, actual feats take precedence, at least in comics. And I think Hulk had shown superior feats in the categories presented by the OP.

Also the main reason I think speed is the defining factor in Hulk vs Superman, has more to do with dodging and blitzing than it does striking, IMO.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By comic_bruh777

@the-seeffiss17: yeah I agree with everything you said other than I think it's been pretty established that superman has better feats for strength and durability in this thread. Superman lifting the earth is more impressive than moving tectonic plates and enduring the force of 2 colliding star sized planets is greater than enduring the weight of one

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: I can't say I have read all five pages of this thread, and I also can't say I am nearly as knowledgeable on either Hulk/ Superman as many users here, so it is quite possible that I am wrong. However, I would say Hulk, considering World Breaker form as well, has durability and striking power over Superman. Lifting strength I is tough to say, and to be honest, I don't think lifting strength really factors into the battle nearly as much as the other statistics.

Durability I say is in Hulk's favor primary because he is every bit as invulnerable as Superman (as Green Scar) and has a tremendous healing factor.

Striking I say is in Hulk's favor, because of his shattering of planets in his exchange of blows with I believe it was Red She Hulk. I have never seen Superman even come close to this level of striking prowess (outside of times like in Justice League of America 29-31, don't remember exactly which issue, where he destroyed a dark matter moon by flying into it at light speed, but speed isn't a factor here so this isn't even viable).

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: id suggest to just skim through the thread so far with the feats given of superman edges him out. But I agree superman wins due to his versatility there are many factors here not taken into account

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By johnny_mist

@comic_bruh777 said:

@johnny_mist: in some cases that's true however superman regularly speed blitzes and that is a perfect example of him using his strength and speed together. It adds another element and puts him on another level. A perfect example is when he fought Darkseid in vol 2 of superman/batman : Supergirl by Loeb. He was not only using all of his strength against Darkseid but going all out using his speed with his power and did a number on Darkseid. And that's a bad example because superman uses his speed while he fights with his strength. Usain bolt doesn't fight. A better example would be a huge heavyweight fighter who is very strong vs Cain Velasquez who is also a strong heavyweight who moves like a light guy is very fast for his weight. It's a major advantage when you are both on the same level at strength but one is way faster. Obviously Cain is an amazing fighter but we are talking about their strength and speed

Nicely said. But Superman and Hulk are also similar to a certain anime series were they have a tangible amount of "power" from absorbing solar radiation, absorbing gamma radiation or Hulks level of anger.

That's outside of simply: striking impact = speed + weight + technique.

But it's still a huge part of Hulk's punching power. He visibly radiates energy at times.

Superman is also written that his big one off hay makers are generally more powerful than his blitz punches, as if him concentrating and properly channelling his power trumps simply using speed.

Loeb writes a lot of guys particularly high end, it's kind of his thing I think. (Not that that negates the blitz feat.) Loeb has had Red Hulk jump to the moon (384 thousand kilometres lol), one punch The Watcher and easily beat other cosmic level guys.

Red Hulk had even fights with (green) Hulk immediately before and after those events (also written by Loeb.) I guess that's a compliment to (green) Hulk considering this thread is about him and Superman.

Like I've said with such an open question I do give Superman the win in every category.

P.S:

It may sound like a cliche' someone who doesn't watch fight sports would use but Ali was extremely fast (and was a heavyweight.) So perhaps Ali compared to Bop Sapp (Sapp lifts huge in the gym but has less KO power.) I realise I'm contradicting myself a little in this conversation, I'm just throwing back and forth the different ways power is written in comics and seen in real life.

JayRad207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so I just finished reading this post (all 5 pages, dear god), and as much as it pains me to say... Superman appears to be overall physically superior.

People have been debating a whole lot on some of the categories, but no one has been able to show any actual feats to prove their point beyond when NemesisReloaded came to the conclusion that Superman trumps in Strength and Durability while Hulk trumps in Striking Power.
In case anyone is curious as to what I'm saying, I'm mainly just summing up what people have actually shown through feats, rather than what they've just speculated on...

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklegraph said:
@atheistknowledge said:
@blacklegraph said:

Both of those are wrong.

And watch them weep

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearchon said:

For the strength, Post-Crisis Superman has tons of feats that cannot be measured, unfortunately like slowing down the Destroyer, throwing a growing solar system, slowing down eternity, holding a book with infinite pages, pulling Darkseid out of the Source Wall (something that took 5 versions of Supergirl to do), etc...

Yes, he did survive a star going super nova, but I dont like to include it because a) its a star and gives him power, b) the explosion is in every direction and not focused directly toward him, and c) he was around an orbiting planet of the star and was quite some distance away from the explosion, though it did envelope him. So I know a supernova is the most powerful explosive force in the known universe, and I know it can produce the power of the lifetime of 10 million suns, but since he's likely at least 1 million miles away and the force goes in every direction it could be argued that it's probably not that big of a feat.

Whereas the two god planets of Apokolips and New Genesis colliding is a huge durability feat, precisely because they are planets. Rocky planets are 4 times as dense as stars, and large ones even more so. When boom tubes are used to travel to either of these planets, the travellers are literally scaled up by at least 12 times. Even so, after up-scaling, Superman describes the cities as thousands of miles across and the smallest lakes on New Genesis are roughly the same size as Earth. Even Orion describes the Earth as a speck in comparison. So these god planets are huge star sized planets but much denser than stars.

If you take"small lakes" with a pinch of salt and call it just the smallest of Earths largest lakes and upscale Earth on the basis of that, New Genesis (and therefore Apokolips) is much larger than the Sun, by roughly 20 times in every direction, with about 30,000x the Suns mass. Being caught in a collision between two of these such planets, you cant be pushed back by a blast and instead are forced to take the full impact is a far more impressive feat.

As far as the blasts and strength feats go, I would very much like to see scans of those. Throwing a solar system is a huge feat though from things in this thread, so far, Superman is already provably vastly stronger and more durable than Hulk. And by that, I simply mean that his feats have proven him to be that way. But if you can find a Post-Crisis feat of Superman that involves him smashing something larger than an asteroid twice the size of Earth, you'd be making it 3 in a row for Superman.

That was a good read. I'll get you the scans.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By TheArchon

@nemesisreloaded said:
@thearchon said:

Here they are. It's not the same as moving an entire solar system but we still can't know how heavy it was. And he wasn't getting powered by the sun.

For the Imperiex scans, Superman was teleported by Darkseid after the blast.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

KingGuinness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman in all regards.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By standard versions, Superman is stronger.

Hulk has better striking power.

Superman is more durable.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uhhh. @ghostravage

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, wait, you think Superman is more durable than WBH?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan-: No, I think standard Superman is more durable than standard Hulk.